InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 46

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome ran outside to the gardens, wondering how it had all gone so wrong.

She had picked out the perfect dress.

She has spent weeks hunting for this pale yellow masterpiece- spent more on the gown that she had on any single piece of clothing in her life. She had had it altered to perfection.

And when her husband had seen her, he had nearly thrown her to the bed to have his way.

And she had been sorely tempted.

Ever since she and Inuyasha had finally had sex-

Well, it was as if she had to make up for all the lost time. She suddenly understood why he was such a fanatic about sex. She couldn't get enough of the hanyou. It was as if every chance she had she was pouncing on him.

She definitely felt as if she was in newly wedded bliss.  

Well, it had finally come crashing down.

Everything was ruined.

~.~

“Do you think Ill get a chance to dance with her, mutt?” Koga asked, as he tried to cut in.

“Keep your filthy hands away from her, flea bag.” Inuyasha said casually, as he led her to the other side of the dance floor.

“Yes Inuyasha, there is a line of people waiting to take their turns with-“

“Too fucking bad.” He said calmly, turning her in time with the music.

“This is a bit much, Inuyasha.” Kagome commented.

He simply shrugged in response.

“Oh well. Like I want their damn hands all over you.”

“Its just a dance.”

“That's all the pervert needs.”

“Coming from you?” She asked, her tone full of mirth.

“Keh, youre one to talk wench.” He leaned in to whisper in her ear “You've become quite the pervert, Kagome.”

She quickly breathed in.

“Like now. I can tell youre turned on. If you don't get a hold of yourself, im going to take you and-“

Kagome quickly moved to look him the in the eye, her glare dangerous.

“Not now, dog boy. Control yourself.”

“Feh. Likewise” He laughed.

“Look, Myouga is about to call me up.” He offered, trying to change the subject.

“How do you know?”

“Hes fidgeting. That damn flea still gets stage fright after all these years. Ive been watching him do this same routine my entire life.”

“Your so sure.”

“Just watch.”

When the dance had come to an end, the crowd had clapped as another company employee took the stage. They had been sharing stories about Inuyashas father, about the legacy of both of his sons taking their place in the company.

Finally Myouga had taken the stage.

“I want to say what an honor it is to introduce the person of honor. I have watched over him as a boy, so full of rebellion and energy. And as he grew into a man… well, its great to see him where he is now!” The crowd laughed as the hanyou squirmed. “I know what a proud day this is for his father. To have both sons of Takahashi working together, side by side! This was his dying wish. And now, I am going to ask Inuyasha to join us up here for a word!”

Inuyasha walked up the stairs as the crowd cheered. He had known these people his entire life; worked with them intimately for the past several months.

It was a different feeling than he had expected.

“So Myouga already hit the sentimental note.” He said, eliciting a laugh from the crowd. “I know that when I came to work here I came with a lot of rumors about my reputation. But that's the past. I wouldn't be here without the support of my wife.” He looked directly at Kagome, who bit her lip at his sudden admission. “I just want to say thank you for your faith in me, and that Im going to work hard to make you all proud and earn your respect. Please take care of me.” He bowed before he made his way off of the stage, his employees clapping wildly.

The sound was so deafening; he hadn't noticed the foot steps, the scent of a woman he knew.

“May I be permitted to say a few words?” A cold voice spoke into the microphone.

Inuyashas ears flattened down to his head as he reluctantly turned to face her.

“K-Kikyo-“

“Ive known Inuyasha for many years. And Indeed, he has undergone some changes.” She looked at the hanyou and smiled. She wore a tight fitting black dress, her hair was carefully pinned in a bun. She had prepared for this. “But there has been no bigger change than when he became a husband. I know I was not the only one who was shocked at the news. That Takahashi had finally settled down! Well, itrs true that he had married, but I wonder how many of you knew it was for money?” There was a hushed silence while she spoke, followed by a collective gasp. “Oh? Did no one know that you married Higurashi to claim your inheritance? Perhaps that was a dirty secret. My apologies.” She shrugged her pale shoulders. “But please, welcome Inuyasha, and take good care of him! Hes depending on you!”

She walked down, the crowd parting for her as if she had the plague.

But once she had exited, all eyes turned to Kagome.

She tried to swallow down her anxiety. Tried to look anywhere but the hundreds of eyes that were cutting through her.

In the end, she chose to run.

She found herself sitting on a stone bench. She could faintly hear Myouga ushering everyone out,

“There you are.” Inuyashas gruff voice cut through.

“Inu-Inuyasha…” When had she started crying? The tears were streaming down her cheeks,her vision blurred.

He pulled Kagome to him, hugging her tightly. He smoothed down her hair as he tried to comfort her.

Swallowing hard, he bent down to look at her.

“Kagome…”

He breathed in her scent. Wildflowers.

“Kagome… Lets get divorced.”