InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A family of Warriors ❯ To : Prince Inuyasha ? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family of Warriors

 

Inuyasha and the others arrive at the village. They retreat to a shrine. One of the finer shrines in the village. They await Inuyasha to regain consciousness. There wasn’t much conversation , Kagome looked very said as the others just stared at Inuyasha, trying to digest what just happened. They hadn’t seen fighting in a long time.

“We should have remembered, this wouldn’t have happed if he kept his sword with him.” stated Miroku as he places the Tetsuiaga beside Inuyasha.

Inuyasha stirs for a moment has he slowly opens his eye and lets out a groggy moan.

“Inuyasha . . .?” said Kagome , concerned. She walks over to him and kneels down. “You awake ?”

“How do you feel Inuyasha ?” questioned Miroku.

“Ehh . . .what the hell . . .?” Inuyasha questioned. “What happened to my cloths ?” he inspects his ripped kimono.

“You don’t remember ?” said Miroku, “You were fighting with Koga and . . . .”

“Thats right ! Koga! Were is he ?!” Inuyasha stands and looks around.

“You transformed in the middle of the fight . . .” said Kagome sadly.

“You can imagine what happened to Koga.” Miroku added.

“But I . . .” stuttered Inuyasha, but he stopped as someone began to enter the doorway.

It was Sessomaru. “There you are Inuyasha.”

“Heh...and what do I owe this honor ?.” said Inuyasha sarcastically , as he grabbed the Tetsuiaga.

Sessomaru pulls out a ripped piece of Inuyasha’s kimono. “ I’ve come to talk to you only Inuyasha . . .I’ve decided not to fight you, at least not today, so you can take you hand away from you sword , that is unless you prefer the traditional means between you and I.”

Inuyasha remembers the recent past events the way they have worked as a team to defeat Naraku, and then releases his grip on the Tetsuiaga. “Fine.” he walks outside behind Sessomaru.

“I wonder what he’s talking about ?” asked Kagome.

~~~~~~~~~~~Outside~~~~~~~~~~

The two brothers began to walk away from the hut as conversation was engaged.

“Why did you changed earlier Inuyasha ? “ questioned Sessomaru as he turns to Inuyasha.

“Heh... don’t tell me your worried. It’s nothing I know what I’m doi.....

“Do you ?!” exclaimed Sessomaru as he glared at Inuyasha. ”Heh, well that is not why I can to talk to you.”

“Well get to the point, I’ve had a long day !” yelled Inuyasha

“Well.” said Sessomaru. “It seems that times aren’t all so peaceful just because Naraku has been defeated, in fact it seemed more peaceful when he was still a live.”

“What you mean is, since Naraku’s defeat all kinds of demons have begun to show themselves . “ said Inuyasha.

“Precisely . ..” Sessomaru began to pull a scroll out of his kimono, he gave it to Inuyasha and said, “Read over this carefully, and I’ll see you in seven days.” he walked away leaving Inuyasha with the scroll. After about ten feet Sessomaru turned and said, “That is for your eyes only, not even that human of yours should read it.”

Inuyasha then proceeds to enter the shrine with the scroll in his hand, curious about it’s content.

“What’s that ? “ questioned Shippo as he pointed at the scroll.

“That was a quick fight.” said Sango sarcastically. ”What do you have there?”

“Uhh. . .it’s nothing.” said Inuyasha as he hides it from view. Inuyasha goes to sit against a wall beside Kagome, a sharp pain comes as he sits and he clenches his ribs.

“Your hurt,” says Kagome as she recalls what just happened.

“It’s nothing.” Inuyasha takes a deep breath. ”I couldn’t use my sword, but that wolf used those jewel shards in his legs. . . coward.”

“You sure your alright ?” she questioned

“Yeah , I’m fine.” he responds. “Nothing more than a bruise.”

Kagome sighs , “Good because I have to help Keade with the ‘barrier’.” she gets up and begins to walk out the shrine. “And don’t go picking fights with the villagers again either.”

Sango follows Kagome, and looks at Miroku one last time and smiles.

“Yeah , whatever...” Inuyasha lays flat on his back and stares at the ceiling. “What’s the point of them wasting their time and energy everyday maintaining a barrier around the village ? Were all the protection they need...heh...we’ve killed countless demons for jewel shards, not to mention Naraku.” Inuyasha sighs.

“All that may be true, but ever since Naraku’s defeat demons have been running rapid, and we have a nearly full Shikon Jewel , Imagine how much demons we’ll be fighting a day if there was not a barrier around the village.” explained Miroku as he takes a seat on the floor.

“I suppose your right..” Inuyasha pulls out the scroll given to him by Sessomaru.

“Ahh...I saw Sessomaru give that to you. What does it say ? said Miroku curiously.

Inuyasha opened the scroll as Miroku awaited the unveiling. “What it’s blank ?” said Miroku surprised.

“No, it’s white ink on white paper.” explained Inuyasha, “ and it’s written in demon tong. . .heh. . .you wouldn’t understand it to save your life.” Inuyasha proceeds to read the scroll to himself remmembering that Sessomaru said it was strictly confidential. The scroll reads .........

** To, the second son of the great lord; ‘Prince Inuyasha’

**From, the Western Counsel of Demon Affairs

**Due to the up rise of demon activity in the past few months, this Counsel has called a meeting, the first in 200 years, in order to discuss issues in the Western Province. We hereby motion that you take your place as Vice Chairman, being as though you are the second heir and second son of the great lord. We’ve heard of your great accomplishments and were surprised that a half breed demon could surpass the great lord (Inuyasha’s father) in skill. We would be honored to make your acquaintance.

**Please think about your decision it can make a difference to all things. You have seven days to respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Hmph...” Inuyasha thinks , he’s not sure what to make of it. It seems legit. But what’s all this about ‘prince Inuyasha’ ? Since when was he referred to as properly ? Inuyasha wasn’t too excited about the whole family reunion atmosphere.

Miroku snaps Inuyasha out of his thinking. “Inuyasha...Inuyasha, what does it read? Is it a challenge of some sort?” Miroku is anxious to know.

“No it’s an invitation.” says Inuyasha, totally disregarding what Sessomaru said.

“An invitation ? To what ???”

Just as Miroku asked that question Kagome and Sango came walking in. ”Forgot the sutras I made.” she says as she proceeds to look for them. Inuyasha tries frantically to hide the unrolled scroll but succeeded only in making himself more conspicuous. Kagome notices his actions and looked at him curious. Inuyasha looks her strait in the eye. ”Yeah, uh you left the sutras over there in the uh . . .kitchen.” Inuyasha smiles and acts as if he’s not hiding a huge scroll of paper behind his back.

“Hey...What are you guys looking at ?” says Sango as she looks at Miroku. “It’s not more perverted pictures is it?”

Miroku puts his hands in the air as to surrender. “W...what , pictures ? Perverted?”

Inuyasha speaks in his defense. “What do you take us for ? It’s the scroll that Sessomaru gave to me.” Inuyasha stands. He holds it in the air.

Miroku let off a heavy sigh of relief. He stood up and stretched. “Inuyasha has received an invitation of some sort.” he explains.

“Oh ?” says Kagome. ”What for...?” She goes over to Inuyasha and looks at the scroll. She looks at the seemingly blank paper and looks back at Inuyasha.

“It’s in Demon tong.” he says before she even asks. He takes it back from her. “It seems there is a such thing as the demon counsel, basically they want me to take part in a meeting.” he explains.

“Ok so why do they want you ? “ asked Sango .

“Heh... isn’t it obvious , I get a lot more respect since I killed off all those demons. Especially that bastard Naraku.” Inuyasha obsesses.

Sango walks over to the others and takes the scroll from Inuyasha. She looks at it and laughs. “Prince Inuyasha ?” she joked.

“What . . .how come you can read that ? “ He snatches it back. “ Heh . . heh...”

“Inuyasha ?” Kagome says worried. “You don’t think it’s trap do you ?”

“Yeah , do you think Sessomaru can be trusted ?” added Miroku.

Inuyasha thinks. “I’m more worried about leaving Kagome here by herself.”

“It’s okay, It will give me chance to spend some time at home, I think you should go check it out.” she replies.

Shippo jumps on Inuyasha‘s shoulder. “Yeah Inuyasha come back with some gold so we can buy things since you are a ‘prince’ and all.” Shippo joked.

Inuyasha looks around. “You guys sure are taken this easy.” he said as he looked over the scroll one last time. “Well, I got seven days.”

end.

~~~~~~~~~~

Alright , there’s some things I forgot to mention. This story is a run off from my other story ‘Inuyasha vs. School’, some things are linked to that story, I hope you don’t get confused. You should read Inuyasha vs. School’ if you haven’t, trust me that story is the s**t. If you’ve already read it , get happy because coming up Inuyasha’s going back to Kagome’s time.