InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feud Of Love ❯ When The Tale Was Young ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi de doody reader peoples. I fixed some stuff but didn't add anything to the chapter. Have fun now, ya hear?

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The crescent moon rose into the sky revealing a broad line of dark figures. A beam of moonlight occasionally shining upon a drawn sword.

The soldiers waited restlessly for their opponents to show themselves. At the head of the party was a small imp in crimson armor. He waited motionless for the sign that would indicate when to attack.

A single note rose towards the black night. The soldiers tensed, waiting for their general to make a move.

"Now."

The soldiers started to run forward steadily, raising their swords along the way.

A faint glow of pink and the snap of a string was the only evidence that there was an opposing force.

And it was indeed strong for without revealing themselves they had already slain sixteen men. Men too slow and blind to defend themselves.

Jaken hissed in displeasure as his men were quickly slaughtered. He watched as two more fell, one an arrow through his eye.

The general walked over avoiding the withering bodies, and examined the feathers and shaft of the arrow.

The feathers wore a dark blue, striped with black. The shaft was straighter than anything ever made by a mortal. It was marked in silver runes and the shaft itself was ebony. Jaken pulled the arrow from the man's eye and began examining the arrowhead.

It wasn't made from stone but a gem that was much harder and it had an amazing color that could only be rivaled by pure clean fire. The gem was the color of liquid fire, fierce and harsh.

"She's still upset."

Jaken got up and left his men to die the gruesome death they could not escape.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The dark shapes swiftly killed any remaining soldiers.

The elves recovered as many usable items as possible, leaving their arrows in place as reminders that they were not to be angered.

A female elf gazed at the slaughter and let her silver tears blend with the blood that lay at her feet.

"What happened to you Kikyo?"

The elf then returned to her endless duty.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

"Lord Inu, I have come with news."

Golden orbs turned to the imp.

"Kikyo ordered her troops to kill off any of our men that they could. And they attacked a mountain village."

"Which one?"

"Tokitijan."

The half youkai rose from his seat and calmly walked away.

Jaken watched with such remorse that accompanies the loss of someone you love.

"She's dead."

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

"Kagome, where have you been?"

"Umm…walking?"

Rin let out a frustrated sigh.

"Well Kikyo called upon you! You had best hurry before she sends the executioner."

Kagome sucked in a breath, Kikyo wouldn't kill her own cousin, would she?

"Yeah, where am I supposed to go?"

Rin shrugged and pointed to the door,

"She sent an escort."

Kagome nodded and started a brisk pace towards the door.

"Good afternoon, Lady Kagome."

The afore mentioned mentally sighed.

"Hi Miroku. Are you my escort?"

The holy man smiled.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

As they traveled through the fortification, Kagome saw many humans walking amongst her kindred.

"We are here."

"The barracks?"

A grim expression spread across the elf's handsome features.

"Kikyo demands that any elf able is to join the SPRITE forces."

"So I'm able then."

"You are trained with a sword, bow and arrows, and are in extraordinary physical shape."

"So is any elf here! I'm a servant, why me?"

Miroku looked away,

"Because you also have spiritual abilities."

*She wants me to kill Shesshoumaru for her. She truly has changed for the worse.*

Kagome swung her head down and trotted into the barracks.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Inuyasha ran through the forest willing himself to go faster.

*That bitch Kikyo is gonna be every where if she laid a finger on my mother.*

The hanyou continued towards the mountain village, growling and clawing the whole way.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

How do you like it so far? I like it just fine. I suggest you do the same.

MHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!