InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feud Of Love ❯ Crimson Fire ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I fixed some mistakes. If you see some plz inform the chicken master.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The huts were ablaze with a fire that reflected the crimson that stained the earth. Innocent villagers' bodies littered the ground. Even the animals had been killed. And all of the bodies had black arrows with blue feathers protruding from them.

Inuyasha searched for his mothers scent. He quickly found it in the only hut left somewhat unharmed. Though no matter how he searched he couldn't find her, or her body.

"Dammit, I'll rip Kikyo to shreds."

With that he settled in a tree to rest before going to murder Kikyo, the leader of the elves.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Kagome snuck from her quarters the night after the village genocide.

As she came upon the village she began her hard task of burying the dead.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Inuyasha was woken from his slumber by a haunting song.

He sniffed the air experimentally and realized that the bodies' stench was gone. As he jumped down he saw that there was a new cemetery with an impossible amount of graves. And standing at the center was a lone figure where the music seemed to be coming from.

As he came closer he was sure she had noticed him. When he came a few feet behind her she stopped her song and turned around.

"Kikyo?!"

The elf had a sad smile on her lips, she crossed the distance between them and kissed Inuyasha full on the lips just as a beam of moonlight shone on her beautiful face.

As soon as she withdrew she simply stated,

"I'm not Kikyo."

Then ran off towards the elfin kingdom, leaving a stunned hanyou in her wake.

*Who was that?*

As he turned Inuyasha unconsciously licked his lips tasting what she left.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

"Have you given up on me? Your children need you."

The youkai sighed,

"I must settle this matter with the elf."

"And leaving me for an elf!"

The cat youkai looked away, avoiding the golden spheres that had entranced her so during her time of vulnerability.

A warm claw tilted her chin so that she was looking into its masters eyes.

"I chose you as my mate. I had pups with you. I vow that I will not leave you or the children of my free will. Do you understand?"

The demon nodded, mentally clawing herself for being so obedient.

*At least he's a loyal puppy.*

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Kikyo eagerly headed towards the barracks, looking forward to what she would find there.

*Finally the reason to get rid of her. MHA HAHAHA…*

It was a few hours after the genocide at the mountain village and the sun was about to rise in an hour or so.

As Kikyo opened the door leading to Kagome's quarters she noticed a strange aura surrounding the hallway.

She stealthily crept towards the place where the aura was coming from. Kikyo noted that this was where Kagome was to be sleeping.

She inwardly laughed; the girl would be killed whether she was there or not.

When Kikyo opened the door she swiftly drew her sword, the Ritensu.

What she saw surprised her more than if Jaken had been laying there. Because there was Kagome, sleeping soundly on her cot. And the foreign aura was coming from her hands and mouth.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Jaken continued his merry little jig, not paying attention to his silent audience.

"Ugh," a frustrated sigh could be heard coming from a nearby tree.

Jaken had already noticed his visitor, but had ignored him as best as possible. But he couldn't stand the constant sighs any longer.

"What is it, Master Inu?"

Inuyasha dropped from the tree with the best scowl he could manage.

"What were you doing, Jaken?"

"Ancient dance, what have you been doing?"

A faint blush colored the hanyou's cheeks as he reminisced about the earlier events of the night.

A smirk graced General Jaken's features.

"Had some fun last night, Master Inu?"

"Feh," but Inuyasha's face grew a deeper shade of red.

The imp nodded and went onwards with his jig.

Though Inuyasha had a sneaking suspicion that the toad hadn't finished making jabs at him.

*I hate toads.*

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

"Today you will continue your battle training, and begin learning advanced skills of sword combat. Does anyone wish to speak?"

Kageroumaru glared at the assembled line of elves. His gaze lingered on one particular female.

"What about you?"

Kagome didn't cringe under the trainers' harsh gaze but met it with her own.

"No, sir."

As Kageroumaru was about to speak a human messenger came running.

The human quickly bowed to the trainer and began to relay his message, "Sir Kageroumaru, there is a whole battalion of demons approaching from the west! Kikyo demands that you and as many of your troops go and defend the palace."

The elf grimaced and turned to his troops, "Nothing better than learning from experience."

He stood in front of Kagome and sneered, "Isn't that right?"

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

I had fun tonight. I truly did. Come back tomorrow now ya hear?

SPAZZTIC BUTT CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!