InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feud Of Love ❯ When From The Tree Flows Blood ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sooo…I fixed some mistakes and am now running sugar free. At least for now. Would anyone like to see a picture of my chicken? Or a duck? Or my brother's puppy? Or the family dog? Or a cat? Or that cat's son? Then you must REVIEW… Have a nice day.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The small group pulled on their full quivers and sheathed swords as they raced to get to the west side of the palace. Kageroumaru was busy gathering any and all other trained elves in the palace.

Kagome, however, stood to the side of the chaos and silently waited. When the troops were all outfitted and had gone to the training field she pulled out her sword and sheath.

The sheath was midnight black with a few crimson runes dancing on the surface. The runes were verses from ancient healing rituals that would protect her.

Kagome traced the runes with her fingers and recited the verses. Instantly a wave of scarlet washed over the scabbard and the runes glowed. As the sheath returned to its original colors, Kagome hastily concealed her sword and ran out.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Kageroumaru was getting increasingly nervous. There had been no sign of the battalion of demons. Some of the front line humans had become agitated and refused to speak.

The question that was scurrying through all elven minds was, *Is it a hoax?*

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The youkai were sharing a large jug of sake that they had stolen from one of the human villages.

"Hey Kouga, when are we gonna go kick that elfin ass?!" this had been said by a blind drunk demon.

The wolf demon got to his feet and staggered to the demon that had spoken.

"Are you ta-talkin' to me, Turdface?"

"Yeah, I-" hiccup "am."

The demons began to growl at each other and showing their canines.

"Stop it! If you fight each other now you won't be able to run from the elves later."

The growling was suddenly directed towards the child youkai.

"AHH!! Someone help me!"

The screams of the fox demon could be heard even by Jaken who had currently been meditating on his inflatable lily pad.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

MHA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD