InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feud Of Love ❯ Thy Eternal Slumber ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just realized that this was my most popular story and decided to continue it some more, it'll be hard though cause I'm supposedly writing another fic for my "friend"… I did add more to this chapter and changed the break things, cuz the faces were too confusing. And fixed some mistakes, and found out that I called Kagome an imp in there once.

SPAZZTIC BUTT CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

A lone demon strode across the open plain, shrouded by a warm dry mist. The mist was making the demon increasingly thirstier and he began slowing a bit. Soon he had to rest and wipe the sweat from his face with his tail.

*Better get out of here.*

And a light purple mist formed around booted feet and lifted the figure up then soared away into the distance.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The elfin trainer turned towards his troops and started berating them for laziness.

"At attention you lazy pigs, you should be ready for any situation. The enemy might be behind any rock, tree or even person. And if you slack off now you won't be getting any supper or breakfast and I'll make sure you'll be training all night!"

The soldiers tried to look as organized as they could so they could eat soon.

A small human girl ran up and whispered something to Kageroumaru. He quickly dismissed the little one and addressed his troops again.

"Weapons at ready! We are going out and finding that enemy, twenty of you will remain here to guard the place." The elf pointed to twenty some troops, "The rest of you follow me, and no slacking, making loud noises or complaining. MARCH!"

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

As Kagome marched with the others she desperately wished she could just have stayed the bed-maker and fire-builder. A sigh escaped the female's lips and Kageroumaru unluckily heard.

He turned sharply on his heel and glared coldly at the elf.

*Oh, how lucky for me.*

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

A bungled heap of reddish brown fur lay in the bottom of an empty barrel. The groan it produced was made louder by the largeness of the barrel.

A demon threw a bowl at the barrel then rolled over in his sleep.

The only demon not sleeping off their hangover was a seated female wolf/fox demon. She was listening to the sound of approaching foot steps.

She reached over to shake Kouga awake.

At her touch he began to mumble about not wanting to lose his children privileges. The female sighed and pinched the wolf demon as hard as she could.

"OW!!"

Kouga stood rubbing his offended arm and then he started to lick it.

"Kouga, I think the elves are coming to find us."

The demon responded by making loud sucking noises on his arm.

"Are you listening, or should I take away your `children privileges'?"

Terrified eyes looked up and the male snapped to attention.

"Should we run or fight, Kouga?"

A smirk grew, "We'll hide and let the elves pass us. Then we'll go back to their base and attack."

"What about the hundreds of elves that are armed in their base? Do you think the elves are going to just let us take over their home?"

Kouga shrugged, "We could always fight."

Sango shook her head and pinched the wolf, "Make up your mind or I'll make it easier for you to choose whether or not to have children."

Muffled laughter could be heard coming from the forgotten kitsune on the bottom of the barrel.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Inuyasha continued pacing in his lavish room. The walls painted deep emerald velvet, with a tiny pattern engraved at the bottoms of the walls. Small figures dancing with detailed expressions. The floor covered in dark, polished wooden floors. Tall windows placed side-by-side overlooked the valleys and forests of the land. The windows covered by heavy maroon drapes, tied back by golden cords.

And yet, the agitated lord couldn't enjoy any of it. He had just heard of the demon renegades attacking the elves' palace. Kikyo would immediately suspect him of sending out those demons and would go out destroying more villages.

"I have to do something. Those demons are too proud to listen to me and too stupid to realize what they're doing to the rest of the people living in the land."

"You're finally thinking like a demon lord," said Jaken who had popped up from behind Inuyasha.

"When did you come back?"

"Now all we have to do is head off the demons with our own battalion and force them back against the northern cliffs."

"Ya, but all we got is humans. We'd need three times as many humans to just stand a chance against those wolf demons."

The imp waved his hands and shook his head, "Not if we send out the paradise unit. The wolves are terrified of them. The elves haven't seen them yet, so they will be on their toes but they won't try to attack a possible ally."

Inuyasha thought it over and quickly decided it was the best chance they had.

"Make sure some members of the unit bring back a few demons."

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Sure it's only a bit longer but it's a start and I will hopefully have the next chapter up in a few days. Can ya guess what the paradise unit is yet?