InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feudal Fairytale: The Begining ❯ Good morning, Wolf Boy! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Now, waking up was strange for Sesshoumaru, who had always overlooked the small village of Edo and had no knowledge of the community. But Kouga, who was now used to Kagome only caring for him whenever he was gravely injured-which rarely ever happened-was altogether shocked when he woke up to find Kagome worriedly fussing over his wound. Honestly, for a moment he thought he was dreaming...
 
Something brushed against Kouga's face, leaving the area cool and wet.
 
Seconds later, something touched his bare chest, moving in a spiral motion, rubbing something into his skin-someone must have removed his armor- and leaving an extremely cold feeling, which quickly turned to warm. Really warm. Not to mention that there was an exceptionally painful sensation following the warmth.
 
He opened his eyes. Someone was kneeling next to him, rubbing an ointment into a large cut on his chest. Wait, where did that come from? He thought. Suddenly, realization dawned upon him.
 
Sesshoumaru.
 
Instantly he sat up. "Sesshoumaru!" He growled. Pain burst from the gash on his chest. Blood gushed from his would. Gasping, he fell back to the soft cushion he had been laying on. Sweat flooded the overlarge pillow that his head now rested on.
 
"Kouga!" Kagome cried when he sat up. "You're okay!"
 
"Kagome? Where am I? What happened? W-Wait, what do you mean okay?" Kouga gasped. His eyes were closed tight as he fought the burning pain ache that was spreading through his body.
 
He got that cold feeling on his face again. He opened his eyes. Kagome was wiping the sweat off his face with a damp cloth. She looked worried.
 
"Kouga, you don't remember?"
 
Kouga closed his eyes again, thinking back to his last waking moments. "No, I remember. I was trying to protect you from Sesshoumaru. Clearly, I failed horribly. You're not hurt...Are you? After Sesshoumaru...erm...sliced me, what happened?"
 
"No, I'm fine. Just a little jumpy. Well, after you hit him-Good for you, by the way, it's really hard to get near him-He lost too much blood and passed out. Now you're both here in Edo. Don't worry, it's only been a week."
 
"The one thing that bothers me is that this wound shouldn't be taking this long to heal. I'm the fastest healer in my tribe. Oh, that reminds me, have you seen-"
 
"Ginta and Hakaku? Yeah, they were here. But before you see them, I have to tell you something."
 
"About what happened in the woods? Yeah, I know, you love InuYasha, that piece of dog crap. I'm sorry I-"
 
"It's all right, Kouga. I know you were worried that you wouldn't come back. And I was a little hysterical at the time and you wanted to comfort me. I totally understand. And-Hey! My love life is none of your business!"
 
Kouga tried to chuckle, but it turned to a wheeze as his cut seared again. "Yeah, I know, but I can't help it. Kagome, it's all right if you don't love me, but I still care about you."
 
"Thanks Kouga, but I can take care of myself. I mean, look who's taking care of who here." She paused. "Kouga, can you roll over please? The other half of the cut is on your back. Usually I do it myself, but now that you're awake I'd like you to do that. I'll help you though, if you want."
 
Kouga complied, accepting her assistance. A few seconds later that same feeling spread through his body. Cold, hot, painful.
 
"I don't suppose you have anything less painful to use?" He asked.
 
"No, sorry." She said. "I'll be right back."
 
Kagome got up and scurried out the door. Kouga heard her speaking with someone and then she came back in, with two other pairs of footsteps following her.
 
"Boss! How are you feeling?" Asked Hakaku.
 
"I've felt better." Kouga answered simply. "What have you been up to, boys?"
 
Suddenly they were all business. "We've kept the tribe in check. Prey percentage has gone up thirty-seven percent!" Ginta said eagerly.
 
(Kagome's thoughts: Ahhh! A demon from five centuries in the past is better at math than me!)
 
"Good. And has Ayame stopped by?" Kouga asked.
 
"Yes, she's been looking for you. Don't worry, we sent her on another wild goose chase."
 
"Very good."
 
"Kouga, here, drink this." Kagome said, handing him a cup. "I'll help ease the pain."
 
Kouga quickly drank the sour liquid inside the cup. "Disgusting." He muttered.
 
"Now, can you get up? There's something I want to show you." Kagome asked.
 
With the help of Ginta and Hakaku, Kouga was soon standing. Kagome led him out of the hut they had been sheltered in. Soon they reached another one. Quietly, they stepped inside. Resting on a thin mattress on a raised platform was...
 
~SCENE CHANGE: ANOTHER HUT~
 
*Sango's POV*
 
Voices rang out from nearby. "You IDIOT! She could have died!" One cried. "Me?! I didn't do anything! Sango was stung by a Saimyosho! I couldn't reach her in time. Now stop yelling, InuYasha, and let her rest. The antidote should be wearing off by now and she'll be sleeping unaided." The other said.
 
"Now leave, you're too loud." The second one said. There were retreating footsteps and Sango know there was only one other person in the room, and he was kneeling next to her.
 
I opened my eyes slowly. "M-Miroku?" I asked quietly.
 
"Sango! Did I wake you?" Miroku asked.
 
"No, InuYasha did." Sango said, smiling.
 
"How are you? Does your shoulder hurt?"
 
"No, not really. I feel pretty good, actually." Sango sat up. Well, sort of. She made it half way before her whole body flooded with pain. "Never mind."
 
"I should have told you that the pain is only numbed. Try not to move your shoulder for a while."
 
Sango looked up at Miroku. There was a strange look in his eyes. She had only seen it a few times before; A powerful feeling, almost an obsession.
 
Oh, Kami.
 
He loves me.
 
~ONE WEEK LATER (TIME KOUGA WAKES UP) ~
 
"Miroku, if your wind tunnel was damaged, why didn't you go to see that old fart sooner?" Sango asked angrily.
 
"My dear Sango, I was worried about you. I couldn't leave until I was sure you were completely safe." Miroku said affectionately. "Now, I'll only be gone a while, please take care of yourself."
 
With that Miroku sat off to Monk Mushin (<-correct me if I'm wrong) to get his wind tunnel repaired.
 
Sango, leaning against her boomerang for support, slowly made her way back to the hut, where Kagome was waiting.
 
~time lapse~
 
Sango eased into the hot spring, sighing at how good the warm water felt against her injuries. Kagome did the same. (Minus the injuries bit!)
 
"So, how's InuYasha?" Sango asked. "I haven't seen him around lately."
 
"Oh, he's off moping in that tree. Haven't you noticed? It's nearly new moon. He's just pouting because he doesn't want to be a human."
 
"Kagome, why do you talk so nastily about InuYasha when you love him?" Asked Shippo, floating around in the small inner tube Kagome had brought him.
 
"Shippo! I do not love him!" Kagome protested, blushing bright red.
 
"Yes you do." Said both Sango and Shippo.
 
"Like you LOVE Miroku?" Kagome asked loudly.
 
"Do not." Sango said, crossing her arms under the surface of the water.
 
Now it was Kagome's turn. "Yes you do." Shippo joined in.
 
Sango looked away. She sighed. "All right. I do." She said quietly.
 
Unknown to Sango, Kagome squealed, giving Shippo a high-five. "I knew it!"
 
"Yeah, but now it's your turn. Admit it. YOU. LOVE. INUYASHA." Sango said.
 
"Fine. Yeah, I do like him, all right?" Kagome said.
 
Keeping up the pattern, Sango grinned. "Knew it."
 
~SCENE CHANGE:? (I KNOW, YOU DON'T! HA!)~
 
*I'm not telling you who's POV it is either!*
 
"No!" Cried a voice.
 
Suddenly a person jumped in front of me. I could tell it was a woman, probably a year younger than I.
 
The demon that was attaching me struck out, avoiding the stranger and hitting me in the chest, knocking the wind right out. Something heavy was on top of me, restricting my breathing.
 
Unable to re-inflate my lungs, I quickly and unwillingly passed out of consciousness.
 
~time lapse~
 
*Miroku's POV*
 
I opened my eyes, blowing the hair out of my eyes. Usually when I went to get my wind tunnel repaired by Monk Mushin I let my hair down.
 
I looked around. I was in the usual room, but the spare bed that was always empty, well, it wasn't empty. The girl who had jumped in front of me was there. Her left hand was clutched to her chest and it had a -No. Way. - She had on a glove similar to mine with the same strand of beads on it!
 
She has a wind tunnel?!
 
"Hmm, finally awake. You only passed out from lack of air; you should have been up hours ago." Commented a voice. I had been so distracted looking at the girls hand, I hadn't realized that she was awake.
 
"You have a wind tunnel?" I asked.
 
"Obviously. And I see that you do too. Family's curse?" She asked, sounding distracted.
 
"You too?" I asked.
 
"Yeah, my mother."