InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feudal Fairytale: The Begining ❯ Finally, An Explaination! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The group headed to one of the few guest huts in the village, seeing as there was more room there than any other building. While the others walked ahead, Sesshoumaru lagged behind, thinking about the last few days and the events that preceded them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sesshoumaru sent a punch at InuYasha's forehead, poisoning his eyes at the same time. Now temporarily blinded, InuYasha seemed to be talking to himself...Something about "I see it! The Wind Scar!", Whatever the heck that means. How can a blind man see? But, for once, Sesshoumaru didn't find out. InuYasha blindly swung his sword, Tetsaiga. What happened next was a blur to Sesshouamru. All he could remember after that was waking up in a forest, lying against a tree, armor shattered, and thoroughly confused. There was a small girl hiding behind a tree a few feet away.......
There was a small girl, dead, on the road, the same one. Tensaiga pulsated at Sesshoumaru side. He understood the message. Sesshoumaru unsheathed Tensaiga and swung it at the messengers of the dead, slicing them to bits. He crouched down and lifted the girl into a sitting position. Her eyes cracked open and she took a breath. Knowing the girl is alive; Sesshoumaru stood up and walked away, Jaken bawling behind him. Laughter rang through the trees as small, soft footsteps followed behind the demons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshoumaru looked up momentarily; just long enough to see Kaede stop, turn around, and start walking toward him. He dropped his gaze, aware that she was now walking next to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Out of nowhere, he was sliced across the back. Sesshoumaru turned, and saw, to his great surprise, Kouga, the wolf demon. Now bleeding profusely, he flicked his poison whip at Kouga. Who, though fast, was not quick enough to evade the deadly streak of poison energy. With a flash, it was done. And Sesshoumaru turned to walk away. But the expression he wore was not one of smug victory, but a grimace of pain. His knees buckled and he fell to all fours. And the next thing that he knew, he was on his side, and the world was fading around him.
"Lord Sesshoumaru!" Screamed Rin, running from the safety of the woods. "Rin, wait!" Cried Jaken after her. "Rin, help me turn him over." Once they had succeeded in that, Rin looked at Sesshouamru's non-moving face. His eyes were not closed all the way-he was still conscious, but only just.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshoumaru was snapped out of his reverie by an elderly-sounding voice. 'Kaede, still here then.' He couldn't help thinking that she had something important to say. He would hear her out, for now. "Sesshoumaru, I know you care about Rin. I think you may need to know just what I meant when I said "Magic"." She started to explain. Well, he was right. This could be very helpful. “Are you aware of the four elements? Water, Air, Fire, and Earth. But not many know that they aren't the only ones." She paused. Sesshouamru hoped she wasn't trying to find a way to break bad news to him. That's not exactly his idea of an engaging conversation.
"There's one more, Magic." She explained, "Might you know what sort of Magic is the strongest?" Sesshoumaru slowly shook his head grudgingly. "I thought not, or you might have pieced it together by now. The most powerful Magic is-" She cut herself off, as Kagome came walking back to them. She was talking to a lump in her arms, Shippo. "Kaede-Sama, do you have a remedy for tummy aches?" Shippo asked Kaede, frowning and holding a small hand to his stomach. "Of course child, you just need a simple herb. Kagome, follow me." Said Kaede, speeding up a little. When Kagome turned away Kaede looked back, and the look on her face was one that clearly said I will talk to ye later.
Completely annoyed and astounded at Kagome's timing, Sesshouamru looked down again. For hope of something less depressing to do, he was looking strait at the unmoving, unconscious Rin. Then he seemed to hear something. 'What the-' He thought, but he cut himself off. He knew the sound. Her voice. "Lord Sesshouamru? Is that you?" He looked around. Strangely, no one seemed to take any notice of Rin's words. Had he really heard them? Or was it only his mind playing a trick on him? “Rin?" He whispered. "Is that really you?" He had to know. Would if it was Rin? How could she speak to him without speaking? "Lord Sesshoumaru, it's not your mind, it's me... It's really me." Said the voice that sounded so much like Rin's. He froze, stopping abruptly. He said quietly, "No. It's not possible. Rin's not even conscious, how could she speak? My mind must be playing tricks. And if that is so, my mind is very cruel." He added. He started walking again, still looking directly at Rin.
Then he thought, 'I'm sorry Rin. If I had been stronger, if I had given it my all, you wouldn't have been hurt, nor would I have been.' He closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind. "Don't feel bad, Lord Sesshoumaru. It was my choice. I did it for you. If I hadn't wanted it to happen, I wouldn't have done it." Sesshouamru snapped his eyes open, thinking 'What? Rin, what do you mean? You wouldn't have done what?' He looked right at her, hoping beyond belief that she would open her eyes and look at him. 'Wait-what is this? A strange new feeling, no, some peculiar emotion.' He heard Rin giggle, 'Don't worry, I've felt like that too, it should go away soon.' 'Well,' Thought Sesshoumaru, 'I hope you're right. I don't like it very much, it's too unfamiliar.' He smiled a bit, a new thing for him. 'That's the way I felt at first too, but after it didn't go away, I started to like it. Sometimes it still comes back.' She paused, then, 'Wait, Kaede-Sama didn't tell you? I thought I asked her to come and check on you." She waited a beat, probably waiting for a reply. He just sighed. "How long have you been listening?" He asked a moment later. "Well, I just woke a moment ago, if you could call it that..." She said, voice oozing curiosity. "Oh, well, then you wouldn't know," He started, "She was about to tell me when the Miko and fox demon came asking for a remedy." He heard a sigh. "Well, don't tell her I told you, but the magic is, well-" But again, he was denied the information as he stepped strait into Kaede, who seemed not to even notice. He snapped his head up; almost hitting the top of a doorframe is he did so. Sesshoumaru looked strait into the hut. They had arrived.