InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Fluffy Little Tale ❯ Human Troubles ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN) It was just today that I noticed a flaw in my plans. Sesshoumaru is one without an arm. I am ignoring that fact entirely. I do love him without the arm as well, but for this the armful Sesshy is just far more pleasing. Please no flames.
 
Yet another thing I must acknowledge. I apologize for not checking my typing errors on the other chapters. -.- This annoyed me horribly and I am SO sorry. This one will be er...hopefully checked for such things. (cross your fingers) But I really do hate a fanfiction with spelling errors. Forgive me, please! >.<
 
Rin does exist in this thing and (ugh) so does Jaken. We'll get to that one day.
 
By the way, more serious chapter...sorry. This one is not quite as fun as the other two. ^.^ Title doens't go with the chapter...sighs..couldn't think of anything.
 
Love to Drac, Pudding, and cloverfire19<(I told u I would! ^.~)
 
DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha is Rumiko's. I can't claim it...sadly.
 
REVIEW! REVIEW!
 
Chapter Three
Human Troubles
 
Sesshoumaru and Stella had made a camp for the night. He was only happy to find that almost one whole day had passed, while he was also angry that time wasn't moving fast enough.
 
Stella had managed to build a fire, because he refused to do it at all. When it was burning well at last, she fell down in exhaustion beside him. She glanced at him and this time her eyes never wandered from his. It was disconcerting for him, so he looked away. "Fluffy." She said, annoyed when he broke the connection.
 
"What?" He was in no mood for this just now. The sun was going down and he felt even worse at night as a human.
 
"Are you really wearing eye shadow?" His gaze fell back on hers, making her grin. He was. "It looks great on you. That's all I'm saying!" She said this to his insulted look.
 
Then, without warning, she leaned on his shoulder and sighed. "It's sort of a pain to be here, you know that?"
 
He didn't and yet he did.
 
"It's just that I came from some place far away and here things are different. I haven't seen a demon yet, but I am afraid that I probably will." He stiffened as she snuggled.
 
Sesshoumaru was at a loss. Without his demonic powers, he wasn't even scary enough to get rid of this girl. So what was he supposed to do?
 
"Do you hate me?" She asked.
 
He frowned. Sesshoumaru hated those types of questions, but he answered with what he considered to be an honest reply. "Yes."
 
"Thanks." She said. Her tone was completely serious, confusing him.
 
"What?" He grumbled.
 
"Well, most people say no and they don't mean it. At least you're telling me the truth of what you think of me." She sat up and away from him. Stella's eyes met his and she smiled, apologetically. "I'll sleep over there then." She pointed and went to the other side of the fire. "Goodnight, Fluffy."
 
After a while, she finally heard him mumble, "Goodnight, Stella." With that, she faded into the darkness.
 
Sesshoumaru sat across the fire, feeling like a complete ass for being there. Awww, you hurt her feelings, his inner demon cooed. "Shut up." He growled and leaned back against a tree. That's mean. It informed him.
 
He did feel...something welling up inside his chest when she turned away from him. It wasn't comforting and it definitely wasn't as pleasing as killing someone. He felt guilty.
 
Sesshoumaru didn't sleep that night.
 
The dawn came and Stella eventually woke up. It was cool out, but he had kept the fire burning all night for her. She yawned and dragged herself up. "I guess we can leave now, Fluffy." Then, she turned to him timidly. "If you're ready that is."
 
He would have happily beat his head against a wall just then. I should have said no, he thought. Sighing, and thinking that it was going to be an extremely long day, Sesshoumaru kicked some dirt on the fire. He scowled at his clothing. It never got dirty, until now.
 
Stupid human reflexes and their stupid stupid slowness! He glared at his feet.
 
Stella's voice snapped him awake. "Um, Fluffy? Are you okay?"
 
"How can you stand it?" He grumbled.
 
"Hm?"
 
His eyes fell on hers and his question was serious. "How do you stand being this slow? This weak? How can you stand to be human?"
 
Confused, she replied, "Well, I was born human. So I guess I'm just used to it."
 
"It doesn't...bother you?" He asked, almost sadly.
 
"Sometimes. Demons and vampires have got it so great." She sighed and kicked the ground. "All that power and a long long life."
 
"You sound like a child."
 
She grinned at him. "In many ways, I still am."
 
Not wanting to ponder what she meant, Sesshoumaru led them away from their camp. Today she decided to tell him all about the things that he didn't want to hear of. Boys. To her mind, they were either great or they sucked monumentally. Of which, he could never be sure.
 
"...But there was this one guy I met one time-he was great-but totally weird. I mean he looked good but that was it! Then there was this guy that like me another time. Ew. He was really creepy. I think he used to follow me everywhere. No. I'm so just going to steal Johnny Depp one day. That would be perfect. He's the best and..."
 
Blah. Blah. Blah. His inner demon was screaming. His mind was reeling with pain. Yet with every new "guy" mentioned, he found himself getting more and more irritated. Why that was, he could not be sure. "I liked this one though-"
 
"SHUT UP!" He snapped at her, cutting her off completely.
 
She was silent for a while. That guilt was making him feel bad again. "Please?" He added. "I have a...er...a headache."
 
"Oh!" She exclaimed. "I'm sorry!" There was something like anxiety filling her voice though.
 
Sesshoumaru bit his lip until it bled.
 
Today would be a long one...
 
***
 
AN) Well? What do ya think? This one's less funny and more serious. >.< Awww, poor Stella.
 
REVIEW!!!!