InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Fluffy Little Tale ❯ Sesshoumaru's Situation ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Five-ish
Sesshoumaru's Situation
 
Sesshoumaru wanted to cover his ears and scream at the top of his puny human lungs. Stella was singing. Her voice wasn't bad. No. That wasn't it. It was the song she was singing. It was a song about beavers climbing things with their "claws".
 
She sangs loudly while dancing around. "Go Beaver! Go Beaver! Go Beaver! G-"
 
He walked over and bonked her on the head. "Shush!!!!" He ordered.
 
Thank you! His inner demon cried.
 
"Ow, Fluffy! What was that for?"
 
Sesshoumaru actually pulled tenseiga from its sheath and held it to her throat. "I hate that song!" He said through clenched teeth. She didn't have to know that the sword was harmless.
 
 
While Stella was busy looking thoroughly offended, he began to wonder why the Tokijin had yet to devour his soul because of him being human. It probably had something to do with that sorceress, he thought. Then, realization struck and he pulled tenseiga away from Stella. If the sorceress took the powers from the swords too, then that would mean tenseiga was just a normal sword.
 
Great. It could hurt people now. Why am I worried about hurting her? He thought, glancing at the girl who was now yelling at him. When she finally realized that he was ignoring her, Stella broke out into a song about a baby shark.
 
Sesshoumaru was repulsed as his inner demon was singing happily along. Shut up! He snapped at it.
 
But it's so fun and....and bouncy!
 
"Nooo!" He moaned and cringed as Stella got to a part about a momma shark.
 
Sesshoumaru was suddenly very keen on the idea of planning that sorceress's demise for the rest of the day. Though he was extremely tempted to just walk off the trail and let some demon in the woods kill him. Anything would be better than ugh...grandpa shark now.
 
"Come on, Fluffy? Sing with me?" Stella chided.
 
"No." He growled. "I am perfectly content not singing. Go away."
 
"You grouch. You owe me." She put her hands on her hips, but she, to his delight, had given up on her little song. He kept annoying her.
 
"I owe nothing to you."
 
"Course ya do. You bit me earlier, remember?" She waved a hand crusted with dried blood in his face. If he had still been a demon, the scent would have probably almost killed him.
 
"That doesn't mean I owe you anything."
 
"You owe me for the pain and the loss of blood."
 
"You want your blood back?" He said, raising a brow.
 
"Actually no, but I can't see myself leaving this deal with nothing. So you'll sing?"
 
"Ah, no." He would not sing if his life depended on it.
 
Stella sighed and walked on ahead for a while. He could be so boring sometimes. She was silent until the sun was nearly set. Then Sesshoumaru was trying to figure out how to cheer her up without looking like he was trying to.
 
Finally, she told him, "I want to stop for the night."
 
He nodded, happy for the distraction, and wandered off to find wood for a fire.
 
Stella's mind was in rapture. She had discovered some important things in their conversations today. Sesshoumaru was making a fuss about his half brother earlier. So she determined that he was very proud of his humanity and hated demons.
 
That would make him normal, which really didn't seem right, but she would deal with it. She had wanted a smexy guy with long pretty hair and that's what she got.
 
Still something was positively not right about him. Shrugging, she guessed that she would figure it out eventually.
 
Sesshoumaru came back, and he had that odd look on his face again. It was almost like he was arguing with himself.
 
In truth, he sort of was. His inner demon snickered. You know she's pretty.
 
No I don't.
 
Yes you do.
 
She is not.
 
Is too. Don't deny it.
 
She is not.
 
Shut up, you idiot.
 
Excuse me?
 
You heard me.
 
Sesshoumaru was not enjoying this mental arguement. He couldn't exactly kill himself, so there was no way to end the headache he already had. He took one glance at Stella and scowled. Her hair had a blue tint to it in the moonlight, as the sun had set recently. Her eyes were glittering in the dark. See. Pretty. His inner demon supplied.
 
He never answered. It was the second night of his enchantment. He was already wanting it to end. In one more day, he would have his demonic powers back.
 
He got the fire going, but Stella had chills from head to toe and there was something...off about her. "What's wrong?" He asked.
 
She snatched her head in his direction. Her eyes were wide with something. Fear. "I-I don't know why, but I am afraid."
 
He frowned and tried to listen to his surroundings. It wasn't working well, seeing as he no longer had excellent hearing. But there. He heard something snap off in the distance. There was a tingling at the base of his spine. Instinct, he realized, pure human instinct had her knowing something was out there. She probably wanted to run, but he wasn't liking that plan.
 
He put out the fire, barely burning now, with dirt and called her over to him. "Stella, come here."
 
She came without complaint.
 
Feeling rather nervous about what he was doing, Sesshoumaru scooted to the side. "Sit down beside me." He ordered, trying to keep his voice clear of all emotion.
 
He soon had Stella wrapped under the safety of one of his arms, and they were both leaning upon a thick tree. She snuggled into his side, loving every bit of the attention that was scaring the hell out of him.
 
"Thank you, Sesshoumaru." She sighed and was asleep almost instantly.
 
He sat quietly and fearfully listened to the intruder not far off from them. It would be either a demon or a rather large animal. Probably a bear, he told himself, which still wasn't good at all.
 
Half way through the night, he could hear the animal no longer and was about to fall asleep when, without warning, the sorceress appeared to float before him. "Aline.." He hissed, quietly as not to wake his companion.
 
The sorceress grinned, sweetly. "Aw. Isn't this adorable. Sesshoumaru, great Lord of the Dogs, is sleeping with a wee human girl."
 
Not liking the sound of that, he barely suppressed a growl. His arm did tighten around Stella however, protectively. "You care for her. That is good for you, I think. When you are a demon again, though, will you have a care in the world for her?" Aline remarked, frowning. "You feel different as a human, don't you agree?"
 
He remained still and blank, but her words plagued him. Would he care at all when he was a demon again? Did he even care now? Sesshoumaru glanced at Stella's sleeping face and found that he couldn't deny it. His inner demon growled agreement.
 
Wait.
 
If his inner demon even felt this way, would it still like Stella tomorrow night?
 
Of course I will. It will be you I have to worry about. It told him.
 
Me? He could hardly believe that he would hurt Stella other than anything minor. Aline confirmed his fears. "Now you like her company, because you are human. Do remember how you thought as a demon?"
 
"I killed what got in my way and went on trying to find Naraku." And that was it. There was nothing else to it. He had killed many who even dared fall across his path by accident. Could he be the same way again?
 
"Rin." Sesshoumaru hissed through clenched teeth. The child had been like a daughter to him. Now she was staying with Kaede, a priestess. He had felt that she was a weakness to him. He rarely went to visit her anymore. I should visit her more often, he told himself. He missed her.
 
He glowered, feeling guilty. "I shall kill you when I'm free of this." He told Aline, who only grinned. "Then I shall make you a human again, if you do." She informed.
 
He could not-would not accept the fact that this sorceress was stronger than him. It was not an option.
 
"No. I will kill you." He clarified. She sighed and vanished into thin air. Sesshoumaru looked down at Stella's innocent face and thought wrong about everything he had ever done.
 
"What have you done to me?" He whispered. The scary part was that his inner demon was saying the same thing.
 
And that worried him most of all.
 
***
 
AHAHAHAHA! Vaguely short. Muwahahaha! *ahem*
 
REVIEW!!!!