InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ The sound of her voice ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Desclaimer: Don't own inuyasha but kaida is my made up character.

A/N: yes i realize i dont' capatilize my i's. i should but i dont.

Ch. 15- the sound of her voice

~~~~~~~


The day was horrid, the sky was red, yellow and orange. The sun was in mid air bright and a fiery red. The village was filled with screams, villagers ran from place to place trying to find a place to hide from the horrid demon that was attacking. The screams pierced through the sky and the smell of death was in the air.
The young hanyou fell against a wall, her red horse fell besides her. She looked up to find the demon with a nasty grin, "Now you are mine" he spoke. His voice was raspy and it scared the living hell out of kaida. Though she stood with shaky legs glaring at the demon. The demon laughed "what's this? you want to fight? I will crush you before you can make a move"
This boiled her blood and the demon blood running through her veins began to pulse. Her small hands turned into little fists, she was fed up with it. Her whole entire life she had been bullied well this demon had gone far enough.
Next thing the demon knew little claws were jammed into his left eye, small fangs were biting down on his head. He growled at the sharp pain in his eye. He shook his head but the hanyou would not let go. Stubborn as ever she held on. "You damned half breed let go!" the demon screetched grabbing a hold of the hanyou's leg and pulling with all might. Tears welled up in her eyes but she would not let go. She kept her teeth clentched onto him as hard as she could, her small leg had been torn by the demon's claws and she began to bleed. The pain was unbearable and she couldn't stand it, she wanted to cry out but something inside her didn't let her. Something stubborn and strongwilled held her back. The demon attepmted once again as the hanyou fell to the floor with a thud, her black kimono ripped and stained with blood. She held back the tears and stood up once more running to the demon, "You runt!' it growled striking at the hanyou hitting her and she flew across crashing against the wooden wall of a hut, she yelped in pain and fell to the floor with a thud before her she noticed her red horse, upon its paint it reflected the nasty glare of the demon.Upon its red paint reflected the memories and the smiles, they were not over yet. She wouldn't allow herself to be killed, she wasn't ready to die. "You worthless half breed, what makes you think you can defeat me?" it laughed nastly "Enough foolishness i will devour you!".
Kaida stood up once more forcing her weak body back up. She glared with hate at the demon, it's eyes went wide with a bit of amazement, that the insignificant halfbreed had not died or given up. She was still standing strong, it was shocked though enraged he hadn't managed to eat such a week half breed. The demon charged for the hanyou but with no more energy in her body she stood there closing her eyes shut. Kaida winced as she heard a loud slash and soon blood and demon parts fell below her feet. She only heard silence and the voice of her friends approaching, calling her name. She opened her eyes and fell back, the demon had been killed. Before her was a horrid scene, "You okay there kid?" asked a familiar voice. Kaida looked up. Her eyes widened in amazement "..inu...inuyasha? inuyasha!" she cried out. And there it was, her voice. Her beautiful voice. Soft and sweet. The voice that hadn't been heard in weeks, the voice that had been shut off from the ears of everyone. There it was right before them.
"Hey kid" inuyasha smirked, kaida's fear was gone as she ran into his arms. Miroku and the rest stood dumbfounded as they watched the scene before their eyes. The child cried in his arms, she was so small, her body was trmebling though she felt safe in his arms. "Inuyasha!" she cried, "there kid, I'm here" he said to her, glad he had found her. Her cries pierced through the air, the filled with misery and fright. Her screams they got louder breaking every heart they touched.

***
The young hanyou sat on a tree trunk far from the village, her eyes in sadness or in pain, her leg was wounded and wrapped up in clothes, her hands gripped on her red horse. Inuyasha knelt infront of her. "ya know pup, you were very brave, but that's something you shouldn't be doing" he said tapping her nose. Kaida cheered up a bit, "i'm happy to see you inuyasha" she spoke, her voice, goodness her beautiful voice. It had been too long. "Yeah me too pup, " he let his soft eyes land on her, "But you know you can't stay here forever"
kaida looked up with eyes of dissapointment, "why not?"

~~

"What are they talking about?" asked miroku as he peered from afar. "Miroku would you stop being a snitch?' asked sango pulling miroku away from the scene. They all knew the truth, the truth about the hanyou child. She was no orphan but the daughter of inuyasha and kagome. they're only daughter. Inuyasha had explained it all as the child lay unconscience after they tended to her wounds. She had lost quiet a lot of blood but she began to recover quickly.
Shippo teared up.
"What's the matter?" asked sango. Shippo looked up with watery eyes, "Since kaida has a home, does that mean she's going to leave us?" sango's expression turned solemn, she knew the child had to return to her mother's time, back to her family, it broke her heart to have to see the hanyou child leave. She had grown so acostumed to her face.
"well what ever happens we have to learn to accept it," miroku said sitting onto a small boulder. "We have to face the fact that maybe we may never see the child again". Shippo burst out in tears, "But i don't want her to leave!". Sango comforted the small kitsune, "none of us want her to, but imagen how lonely kagome must feel without her." she wiped shippo's tears away. "I guess" he said as they all turned to the scene, "Come on let's return to the village and let them be" said sango, kirara meowed in agreement and they all returned back.

~~~

Inuyasha plunked down on the grassy floor, crossing his legs. Kaida managed to scurry off the stump and sit herself on his lap. Inuyasha chuckled, "the reason you can't stay here is because.." he paused thinking of kagome, he thought about selfish she had been, taking their child away from him. Now he could do the same, keep kaida away from her. Though the feudal era was too dangerous for the young hanyou. She had almost gotten herself eaten. Who knew in what kind of trouble would she get into if she stayed. Kaida looked into her father's eyes and he into hers. She looked so confused, waiting for his answer. "Well because your mother misses you" inuyasha finally said.
"She does?" kaida asked dumbfounded. "I thought she was happier without me..." her words sadened. "There's where your wrong pup," inuyasha said lifting her glance, "Kagome misses you, i've seen her. She cries over your obsence." suddenly the young hanyou child felt sadness in her small little heart she lifted her eyes to inuyasha, "inuyasha i miss my mommy," her eyes teared up. "i know you do," he answered her. "but i don't want to go back".
Inuyasha was dumbfounded by the wrods kaida spoke, it turned out he who thought she missed home, who missed her mother would want to return home. Though the hanyou child did not want to return. "Pup," he sighed hesitating on his wrods, "you got to go back...kagome misses you". kaida glanced below, "but think about it, it ain't that bad". "i guess..." answered him, "but imma miss everyone here". inuyasha patted the child's head. "No worries pup."
Suddenly the child smiled, "Inuyasha when i get back home, will you visit me every day?". Inuyasha hesitated on his words though his small smirk did not dissapear. So? what would kags think of this? keh, would she even aloow it? she'd be too shock to speak. Though its my chance. "of course" he answered her. The hanyou cheered launching herself on him with giggles. She couldn't remember the last time she had done so. "Whoa, careful there, your leg is still wounded." the hanyou apologized though a feeling in her stomach told her everything would be fine.

She sat next to Inuyasha on the grassy hill, the sun was halfway on setting. none of them spoke a word. Inuyasha kept replaying kagome's misery in his mind. Her cries stabbed him like a dagger, over and over. The small child sitting next to him her favorite red horse on her lap, just wondered about the life she had in the village. The little friends she made, she didn't think much as her mind was clotted with excitement on seeing her mother once again. Though her stomach turned as she remembered her school and all her classmates. She didn't know how much more longer she had, but she would like to visit the old man who she had helped make toys.
"So?" the hanyou's voice rung. Kaida turned to inuyasha with curiosity, "who gave you this?" he said swiping the red horse from her small hands. "hey!" she turned to him trying to snatch it back. Inuyasha raised it up higher without standing, though the small girl did and though she was still too short she could not reach it. "gimme!" she called out jumping up and down. Inuyasha laughed, it was just like before. he would always snatch kagome's school books or her beloved cell phone and make her reach for them.

"hey kags what cha got there?" asked a young hanyou as he peered over his lover's shoulder.
A raven haired girl turned back and smiled, "I just checked this book out from the library"
"Eh? since when do you read, kags?"
She sighed heavily, "Very funny inuyasha" she put emphysis on his name so it would have more effect.
Inuyasha laughed snatching the book from her hands. "Hey! give that back!" kagome demanded putting her hand out but when inuyasha refused to return it she launched for it. Missed and tried again. "Inuyasha you jerk give it back!"
"haha, reach for it kags! c'mon you can do it!" he teased waving the book around in her face. kagome laughed playing along. Trying to reach for her book but once everything failed she tackled him down. Both fell to the grassy floor in laughter.

"Very funny inuyasha!' kaida sighed heavily putting emphysis on his name. "now why does that sound so familiar?" he asked outloud laughing as he watched the child jump around. He smiled, how she resembled kagome. So determined and strong willed. "i'll give it backm if you tell me who gave it to you, was it a boy?" he smirked. Kaida scruntched up her nose, she had not interest in boys. To her they were icky and filled with cooties, as they all called it. "No!" she pouted trying to reach it but tripped and fell over inuyasha, he laughed ruffling her hair. She got a hold onto her red horse and sat back down, "I helped an old man make toys and he gave it to me" she smiled proudly at her deed. Inuyasha ruffled her silver hair, "good job, pup"

Kaida lifted her head, tilting it slightly, "inuyasha? why do you call me pup?". Inuyasha's eyes went wide and he was speechless, how would he tell her he called her 'pup' cause that's what she was. A young hanyou or often referred to as a 'pup'. He didn't if telling her was the right thing to do at the moment. Though he took the expression off his face and smiled, "just call it a nickname" he said ruffling her hair, messing it all up. "stop it!" she said playfully pushing his hands away. Though she crawled over to him and placed her arms on his lap. "inuyasha..".
"what is it pup?"
"well i was wondering, when you take me back home. can you meet my mother?". once again the older hanyou was dumbfounded by the child's words, "hey hey hey, hold your horses there" he said picking her up by the kimono with one hand and setting her on the grassy floor. "what?" she asked innocently. "Don't rush now" he said nervously, "
kaida giggled, "but why not?". Inuyasha stuttered on his words, "hey who are you to be asking me questions?" he asked picking her up with one hand by the back of her kimono. Her body wobbled and she smiled. "Cause i wanna know" her body wobbled some more but Inuyasha would not let go. "well-.." he paused realizing she had outsmarted him. With a thud he set her back to the grassy floor, the grass tickled her skin as she sat back up, she glanced at inuyasha who said nothing. It was to be expected, he was thinking of kagome, thinking of how he was going to make his way back into her life. How would she react when he returned with kaida in arms. Though he still hadn't explained what had happened that night, that night so many years ago. With her, with kikyou. He hadn't seen her since that night, not a word from her at all. it seemed as if she had done her job of keeping kagome away from him. and what a great job she had done...till now. Inuyasha crossed his arms, trying to think through his clogged mind. Would he really show his face infront of kagome again? would he had the guts to talk to her and explain everything that happened that night? Was he fit enough to play the role of a father for a young child? and most important, would kagome take him back? yes all these questions plauged his mind. it irritated him not knowing what to do. He sighed and turned to the small child, she lay on the grassy floor, her head rested under her arm, her eyes closed. He smiled, "well all i can do for now is protect you...."