InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ a forgotten love and a forgotten child ❯ Silence ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch. 14- Silence.



*****

Her feet swayed from side to side between the tall green grass of the fields. Her eyes set on her pale small feet. Sitting on her lap was a bright red horse, she watched her feet as if they were the only thing in the world. Truly how dull had life here in this small village had become. All she had to do was to help the old man with the wooden toys but now a days he was taking a from work and left to visit his son in another village. It felt lonely without the old man to cheer her up just a bit. Young Kaida had been here for weeks. Perhaps even months who knew. She sure wasn’t keeping track of time. She missed her mother, her grandmother, her great grandfather and her uncle sota. Even the fat cat Buyo, who she’d grown so fond of, even though he was a fat lug. She missed her family, her home, heck even her dreaded school…but most of all she missed Kagome, her mother.
How much longer will it be until she finds a way to return home? How would she return home? That was the question.

“…mama…” she thought to herself. “I miss you…”

It was the first time in weeks she had thought of her mother. She didn’t realize how much she missed her till now. It was an empty feeling. Kaida looked up into the blue sky and imagined her mother’s warm smile. Yet she remembered how miserable kagome would be. When kagome would look at her, her brown eyes would tear up. Maybe kagome was happy without her? Maybe she was starting a better life with that Hojo guy from the park. Nonsense.
Kaida sighed silently. It was so quiet…she missed the hustle and bustle of the city she was born in. She missed the cars go vroom, vroom and the tall skyscrapers that touched the sky. She missed seeing regular people in regular clothing instead of in weird robes. People in the village were very different from people back home. The way they talked, the way they dressed. The things they did and the things they ate. Everything was different. And to top it all off, there was no television. How did kids survive without television?

Then it hit her…she wanted to go home. There sitting by herself she began to cry. Silently her tears seeped down. Her gripped tightened around the red horse she never let go. Tears crashing onto her hands and her red horse. The tears ran down her fingers. She wanted to cry out for her mother. But the words got stuck in her throat like a well kept secret. There was only silence when she cried. No sound of agony. She pounded the grass with fists of frustration. Not being able to speak angered her, she couldn’t express herself. Laugh or call out to anyone. She was silent. Like the dead, her voice hadn’t been heard. Poor child.
Tears seeped down endlessly and she watched without feeling at the red horse on the ground. It was silent too, of course its an object. It did not move, unlike all her other toys back at home. That moved, twirled. Played music and sounds. Even toys that danced around or when their buttons would be pressed they would speak a phrase. No, the red horse was silent. It didn’t move, dance, twirl. Play music or sounds. It had no button to be pushed and no phrases to be heard. It was silent just like her. Silent just like the poor lost child that owned it. She placed her small hand on the horse. It was cold, a moment ago it had been warm. Now cold as death. She petted it as if it were alive. But no it wasn’t. It had no life. Just an object made by human hands, that and nothing more.


The red horse, felt like her only companion. But there were more, the Taijiya, the monk and the kitsune. She hauled herself up, the sun was setting. She remembered the Taijiya tell her earlier that day. “Return before the sun sets”
She had left with the kitsune named shippo but somehow managed to ditch him for some alone time. Her mind was cloudy and she needed to think. To breath without people trying her to pressure her to talk. So she stood doing so, picking up the beloved red horse.

The feeling in the air changed, it suddenly got cold and kaida shivered under her jet black kimono. He held onto her red horse tightly. She felt the hair in the back of her neck stand and this strange feeling ran through her body. It was the same feeling she got a long time ago when the car almost ran her over or when she was being bullied. It was the feeling she got when she was attacked by that horrible demon on her first day in the feudal time. It was her demon blood calling out to her…warning her.

She forced her feet to move forward. Two round black eyes watched her. Hungry jet black eyes round as the moon. They watched her ever step, craving her blood.
Kaida’s eyes turned behind her there was nothing but a thick forest. Her demon blood cried out louder to her. There was something terribly wrong, kaida was frightened she felt threatened and watched. Her heart pounded so loud her delicate hearing caught the sound. They stood up on straight ends twitching to ever soft sound. Her small claws clutch tighter to the horse. What was this horrible feeling?

The black eyes burst out of the thick forest landing two large clawed feet on the ground, shaking everything below. Kaida turned around quickly. Her eyes grew wide with fear. Before her stood a large demon. Purple dry skin, large black eyes, like hollows of madness and emptiness. Claws larger than the branches on a tree. Fangs stuck out of its large mouth dripping with drool and blood of another unfortunate being. It had shaggy hair on its head running down its back. It was a horrible sight, its face was grotesque and long. As if it had come out of a nightmare. “What do we have here?” it spoke in a shrill voice, piercing through her ears. She shook with fear. “An innocent…”it paused taking a long whiff of the child “…half demon. How delicious”

Kaida shook her head rapidly. Backing away. The demon laughed “you‘re a mute”
Kaida shook with fear. He was right, she could not speak. How would anyone hear her screams? How would anyone run to her rescue? A silent death. “Good because no one will hear you scream” it laugh horribly “I will devour you!”

Kaida ran for it, forcing her small feet to move forward. The demon ran after her chasing the poor child as if she were a mouse. Kaida hurried through the tall grass overhead was the village. Tripping with every step she took, she was no match for the demon but she could try and stay alive if she could last enough to reach the village. She could hear his large steps gain behind her. Her demon blood cried to her, to run faster. Her feet were exhausted they felt like noodles. Why on earth had she wondered off so far?
Run faster! her blood cried out to her. The demon laughed “Don’t make me run after you, foolish half demon. I will devour you before you reach your mother!”

Then it kicked in, her demon senses. Instead of crying with fear, her blood boiled with anger.




** Inu’s P.o.v **


Inuyasha sighed. It felt as if there was no point in searching for the girl anymore. He had almost reached the end of the city and still no scent of her. If she was dead he would of sniffed her lifeless body by now. But it was useless, she wasn’t dead nor alive. She was missing. Earlier on he had stopped by the shrine to check on kagome. She was still locked in her room. His guess was she hadn’t ate in days and it did kill him inside to see her suffer so much over their missing daughter, so many tears. Every time he arrived at the Higurashi shrine the pungent smell of tears would enter his delicate nose. Salty and sweet.
He could hear kagome cry out for the missing child but that did no good. The girl would not return by simply crying her heart out. There were times in where kagome would leave her room and enter the streets of Tokyo searching for the child. She would stop every day at the same time in front of the girl’s school but no sign of the child. She would watch all the other mothers hold their little kids and then it would hit her. She was alone, her little girl was gone and no where to be found.

Inuyasha sighed once more. “keh…there’s no more point in searching here…she’s no where to be found. But I can’t give up…I have to find her”
He jumped off the tree being faced to face with the small shrine in where the hidden well resided. Where he had come in and out of millions of times. Helping kagome carry her large yellow back pack. That was years ago though, he hadn’t seen her struggle to push that bad down the hole in years. He hadn’t seen her beautiful face smile when she said his name. All those moments are memories now. He stepped forward placing his hand on the well. His nose twitched. “hmm? What’s this?” he kneeled down picking up a stuff white dog. It smelled of kaida. “…kaida” he whispered. Looking around her scent filled his nose. How could he be so stupid as to miss something as big as this. Her scent it was all over the place it was all over the well. Inuyasha frowned “…no it couldn’t be…its not possible. But…” he paused jumping in the well.