InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Fragile Heart ❯ Epilogue: Somewhere Happiness is Possible ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"A Fragile Heart"

By: Banshee Puppet

Epilogue: Somewhere Happiness is Possible

_____

My name is Kagome Higurashi. I'm just a normal high school student, or at least I was, until I fell through this old well at my family's house and ended up in the feudal era! Okay, actually a demon sucked me in trying to rip this jewel thing out of my stomach! And now it's shattered into a bunch of little pieces and I have to go around with this grumpy half-demon dog to get them back!

"KAGOME!!!"

"Yeah, that guy bellowing, that would be the dog, Inuyasha. He's so persistent! And he totally doesn't understand that I have tests to study for! But I'm starting to get used to it. We travel with this cute little fox kit named Shippo who acts like I'm his mom (I don't mind!) and the lecherous monk Miroku (what a pain), and Sango who's like a big sister to me.

There's also Kouga, who thinks I'm destined to be his mate! He comes with us sometimes. Kouga has some jewel shards, but we'll take them from him when we've gotten all the others. Maybe if I ask nicely enough he'll just hand them over? Heh, maybe not.

And then there's Inuyasha's brother, Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru is extremely beautiful, gorgeous even, and a psychotic bastard! He keeps chasing after us for Inuyasha's sword, which isn't his in the first place! I mean, really, rude much? He needs to have his personality fixed. But he has this cute little girl who follows him around, Rin. I wonder what she sees in such a creepy guy…

"KAGOOOOMEEEE!!!!!" Inuyasha bellowed again. "HURRY. UP!"

Ooo! Inuyasha makes me so mad! He's impatient and he's a total brat!

"OI! WENCH!"

"Inuyasha?" Kagome says sweetly.

"Oh. no. No No NO! Don't do it Kagome!"

"SIT!"

THUD!!!

When I say the 's-word', Inuyasha goes crashing down thanks to this magical necklace thingy. Thank god for small favors.

"What are you laying around for Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, stepping on his back as she passed. "We have jewel shards to find!"

Miroku winced and glanced at Sango. "She's brutal." …and was promptly whacked in the back of the head with a very large boomerang for touching her ass…again.

"Pervert!"

Kagome smiled to herself.

All in all, it's not such a bad life.

_____

~The End~

_____

Well! That's finally it boys and girls! (For anyone who didn't understand the epilogue's relation to the rest of the story, basically, when Kagome says "let's go somewhere that happiness is possible"…it brings us all back to the original Inuyasha timeline, out of the AU (at least it's non-AU until I get to the next fic! haha), where Kagome falls through the well, gets Inuyasha out of the tree, breaks the shikon and they meet everyone and everything happens just as it did in the series, up to whatever point I go against stuff that happens in the series in the final fic of the "dreamweaver arc". I hope to start the last fic soon, so keep an eye out for it! I think the title will be "Under Your Skin"…unless I change my mind…

It will DEFINITELY be the last story in this arc. Even though I've enjoyed writing it, it really is time to let it go, I think. That's how I feel about it right now. I can't leave it as is, because with the ending of this story, Kag and Sess aren't together, Inu and Sango aren't together, Miroku and Kouga aren't best buddies…that's not any good! I don't accept that at all! Haha. So I'm going to say that the next one will be Kag/Sess and Inu/Sango. Probably loaded with fluff and I'm hoping for some off-beat humor after this extremely depressing fic, but I make no promises. There'll probably be bits of angst, but I anticipate a mostly pretty lighthearted fic full of misunderstandings and embarrassing Sesshomaru (don't tell him I just said that!) For now though, I'm signing off.

Happy Haunting,

~Banshee Puppet~