InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ The Phantom Smirk ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5 - The Phantom Smirk
 
The taiyoukai didn't answer, instead disappearing from her line of sight for a moment before reappearing directly beside her. It was a tight fit and Kagome held her breath as she reveled in his body heat. She didn't have a moment to think before he wrapped his arm around her waist and lifted her and her bounty of holiday cheer out of the well.
 
“Th… thank you,” the miko whispered nervously, very aware of the fact that he'd yet to let her go.
 
It was incredible, being so close to him. She'd always imagined the Ice Prince to be, well, cold but he wasn't. His body radiated welcoming warmth that made her want to curl up in his arms and take a nice long nap, if she didn't think he'd kill her for even thinking about it that is.
 
She didn't have a clue what to do or what to say, and soon her nervousness bit her in the ass. “Where's Inuyasha?” she whispered. In an instant he'd released her and was halfway across the clearing as if she'd burned him.
 
“The half-breed is,” he paused for a moment, as if considering his words, before continuing, “otherwise occupied.”
 
“Oh,” she mumbled, her face falling. She knew just what that meant. With a frustrated sigh, Kagome adjusted her bags and started the trek towards the village. She was surprised when suddenly her load became lighter and looked up, finding that Sesshoumaru was now carrying most of what she'd been struggling with. “Thank you, not just for carrying all that. Thanks for coming for me. I don't know how I would have gotten out of there without you.”
 
Though certain she'd imagined it, Kagome was treated to a momentary uptick in the corners of his lips, and once again her mind was thrown into thoughts of his incredible level of attractiveness. Not only did she want to drag her tongue along his markings, she wanted to kiss those tempting lips. The miko shook her head violently. She needed to shake those abhorrent thoughts before they got her into trouble!