InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ A Tight Fit ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4 - A Tight Fit
Hours had passed and somehow she'd managed to get everything done in time. Now the miko was once again weighed down with bags of food and gifts as she struggled across the shrine grounds to the well house. She took a deep breath, sucking it in as much as she could in hopes of not getting stuck in the well on the way down, like a cherry tomato in a drinking straw, and jumped in.
 
It was a miracle that she fit through the time portal with everything she was carrying, but as soon as she found herself at the bottom of the well Kagome realized she needed another one. There was absolutely no way she was going to be able to climb out!
 
The annoyed miko stood there in the darkness for a few minutes, hoping that Inuyasha would just happen to be on his way to get her and show up. When that didn't pan out, Kagome hollered for the hanyou a few times before realizing that drawing attention to herself in the dark forest was like calling lion in for its meal, a nice chained up goat. She was a sitting duck.
 
Now slightly nervous, Kagome leaned against the side of the old dry well with a sigh, tilting her head back and looking up into the night sky. It was a mostly clear night, allowing her to admire the brilliance of the stars that shined above her. She could never see the stars like this at home, the city lights drowning out the little silver sparks so far away.
 
As she admired the show of natural beauty above her, Kagome failed to notice the approaching demonic aura, and thus was startled when her field of vision was suddenly filled with silver. Two glowing golden eyes stared blankly at her and she calmed, but only a little.
 
“Sesshoumaru?”