InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ Warm Up the Miko ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3 - Warm Up the Miko
Her mother greeted her at the door; taking bags out of her hands and helping her carry them all into the living room where the wrapping supplies awaited them. Once everything was set down, Kagome was peeled out of her heavy coat, encouraged to sit, and a moment later had a warm cup of hot chocolate in her hands.
 
“Thanks, Mama,” she said with a sigh of relief.
 
“So did you get everything you needed?”
 
Kagome nodded, too busy enjoying the warming sensation spreading through her chilled body.
 
“That's good dear. What time are you supposed to go back?”
 
“I promised Inuyasha I'd be back by dark,” she said with a frustrated sigh.
 
Sometimes Inuyasha could be like a drill sergeant and she didn't doubt that he would be through the well the second the sun set if she wasn't there. She really needed to teach him a lesson in patience. It's not like they were going shard hunting that night anyway! There was no real reason she needed to rush back, unless the distinct lack of ramen left in the past counted, and she didn't think it quite qualified. Sure, she had her own reasons to want to rush back, but that was another thing entirely.
 
“Mmm, you even put in the little marshmallows,” Kagome said with a smile, chugging the rest of the warm drink. “Okay, enough of a break. I gotta get wrapping!”