InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ Return of the Phantom Smirk ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7 - Return of the Phantom Smirk
 
Nothing else was said on their walk and all thoughts of the strange look in his eyes disappeared when they reached the village and entered Kaede's hut. Shippo and Rin nearly tackled her on sight and Kagome dropped her things to wrap them both tightly in her arms.
 
“So, were you good kids when I was gone?” she asked playfully.
 
“Rin was good! Rin was good!” the adorable little girl said while bouncing on the balls of her feet.
 
“Sure, I was good…” Shippo said rather hesitantly.
 
“Oh, Shippo, what did you do?” Kagome asked with a groan. When the little kitsune wouldn't look her in the eye or say a word, the miko looked to Sango and Miroku for an answer.
 
“He gave Inuyasha a hard time, that's all,” Sango replied, “and he deserved it anyway. Did you have a nice time at home?”
 
Kagome laughed. “I wasn't home for much of it, but yeah, I got everything done that I wanted to. I'm not really sure why I rushed back by sunset though. See if he gets his present when he comes back.”
 
Miroku grinned. “Perhaps your present will be a long string of sits?” He didn't mind much when Inuyasha got subjugated. It was nice to see someone else get in trouble with the girls.
 
“It should be,” she muttered under her breath before throwing off her growing sour mood. Now wasn't the time to be cranky. “So, I brought dinner! Is everyone hungry?” Kagome looked around, seeing a circle of smiling faces, and once again she could have sworn that Sesshoumaru had a smirk on his face if only for a second.