InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ Drifting Eyes ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 8 - Drifting Eyes
 
The fire burning in the center of the hut lit their faces as they ate; each complimenting Kagome's special meal. Well, everyone but Sesshoumaru had something nice to say while the taiyoukai said nothing at all. She was surprised he'd even accepted when she'd offered him a plate. Conversation was calm and laidback, composed mostly of the children asking questions about the holiday traditions in her time.
 
Kagome tried her best to keep her mind focused on the moment at hand, not wanting to think about where Inuyasha was and definitely not wishing to lose herself to another fantasy about the currently present taiyoukai. It was bad enough when her mind wandered naughty places when she was safely in her time. It was worse when it happened in front of her traveling party, worse yet if the focus of said fantasies was present and the one to notice her distraction.
 
It wasn't really her fault! The damn dog demon forced his way into her thoughts more times than she'd like to admit. Even in her mind he refused to be ignored. The way his hair shimmered in the firelight wasn't helping things and more than once Kagome realized too late that she'd been staring.
 
Little did she know that the taiyoukai didn't mind her attention, not the slightest bit.