InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ Happy Children ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 9 - Happy Children
 
Once everyone had fully tummies, Kagome began the task of handing out gifts, trying to ignore the hurt feelings that crept up in her chest when she reached Inuyasha's. She set the hanyou's gift aside and continued until everyone in the hut had a package in their hands except the taiyoukai. His was special and would wait until last. She worried for a moment that he might be upset, thinking she didn't get him anything, but he seemed rather disinterested by the whole affair, as if he wasn't expecting something to begin with.
 
Deciding a little loving holiday torture was in order, Kaede, Miroku, and Sango all opened their presents before the children, who were absolutely chomping at the bit to tear into the brightly wrapped packages. Kaede got books, Miroku as well, and Sango received a healthy quantity of her favorite from the future bath products. Finally after a round of thank you, the children were given the okay.
 
The hut was showered with strips of paper as Shippo literally shredded the wrapping hiding his gift from him while Rin showed great patience by very carefully undoing the folds with reverence, not tearing the paper at all. The kitsune jumped up and down with excitement at the sight of the large art kit Kagome had picked out just for him. It included crayons, markers, colored pencils, chalk, and more and had been wrapped up with a thick sketch pad, just the thing to keep him busy for weeks to come.
 
Rin lifted the lid of the little white box she'd unveiled and Kagome looked around at her friends. “Guys, I apologize in advance. I couldn't resist.”
 
They were confused for only a moment, as what she was talking about became instantly obvious when Rin lifted her gift from the box. It was an adorable silver ankle bracelet, from the entire length of which hung little bells. The little girl grinned brightly enough to light the darkest night as Kagome clipped the treasured gift to her ankle and she walked around the hut, jingling with each step.
 
“Oh yeah, that won't get annoying,” Miroku said with a grin.