InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ Temper, Temper ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11 - Temper, Temper
 
“Inuyasha,” Sesshoumaru snarled with more emotion than most had ever heard from him. The hanyou not only had destroyed his gift from the miko, something he would have treasured no matter what it was, but he'd caused her to cry. Oh yes, Inuyasha was in trouble now.
 
“What the hell do you wa…” he started, only be find himself being dragged outside and a short distance from the village, everyone else in the hut following. No one wanted to miss the show.
 
Kagome stood with her arms crossed tightly over her chest, waiting to see what was going to happen. She hoped that Sesshoumaru was planning on thoroughly kicking Inuyasha's ass and if he didn't, well, she was more than ready to say a certain word until archaeologists in her time would be needed to dig him out of his hole.
 
Sure, he wasn't quite sure how she felt about him and was uncertain whether he was ready to come clean about his feelings yet, but the hanyou's actions could not be forgiven. Inuyasha needed to be taught a lesson about how to behave and Sesshoumaru was more than willing to be the one to teach it. The scent of Kagome's tears was unbearable and demanded swift and fierce retribution.
 
“You are an embarrassment, whelp, to our father's bloodline.”
 
“You know what? I'm not in the mood to listen to your high and mighty crap,” Inuyasha growled, rushing towards his half brother, hand on his sword. Before he knew what happened, Sesshoumaru decked him, sending him sliding through the freshly fallen snow and into a tree trunk where the hanyou remained, slumped over and unconscious.
 
“Ha. Serves him right,” Kagome muttered, turning to head back inside. She was startled when Sesshoumaru was suddenly in front of her, holding out one hand as if waiting for her to take it. “My hero,” she said jokingly with a grin before reaching out a shaking hand towards his.