InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift for Kagome ❯ A Gift for Kagome ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 12 - A Gift for Kagome
 
Everyone watched in stunned silence as Sesshoumaru led Kagome away from the village and into the forest. “I'll bet he has a gift for her,” Miroku said with a smirk, earning him a laugh and a half-hearted smack from Sango.
 
-
 
Kagome had lost the ability to speak as she allowed the taiyoukai to lead her, wondering what in the world was going on and if hell had frozen over without her noticing. When they finally stopped, words started tumbling nervously from her mouth without her permission.
 
“I'm so sorry he ruined your present. I don't know why he did that. I can promise you, he certainly isn't getting his present, that's for sure. He doesn't deserve it. I'd give you his but I don't think you'd want a bunch of ramen. I…”
 
“Kagome,” Sesshoumaru started, speaking her name aloud for the first time. “You did not have to get this Sesshoumaru a gift. I have nothing to give you in return.”
 
“You… you don't have to give me anything. You didn't even get to see what I got you anyway.”
 
“What it was is not the point. You chose to purchase something for me, happily include me as a part of your pack, and even call me friend. You surprise me, little miko.”
 
Kagome stood frozen as his hand came up, his fingertips brushing her cheek with a gentleness she didn't know he possessed. Her cheeks instantly flushed pink as her mind tripped over its self rushing to places it didn't belong.
 
He smirked at her adorable blush, thrilled that she hadn't pulled away from him. “Would you allow this Sesshoumaru to give you something in return for that which you have given to me?” he asked softly, hoping not to break the magic that seemed to surround them there in the dark of the snow covered forest.
 
“But I really didn't give you any…” she started, trailing off as his hand slipped from her cheek into her hair, gently pulling her face closer as he leaned in. Her eyes fell closed as his lips brushed hers and Kagome was certain she'd died and gone to heaven because there was absolutely no way that Sesshoumaru had just… “Did you just… kiss me?” she asked without opening her eyes.
 
“Perhaps,” he said; his smirk obvious in his tone. He leaned close again and kissed her once more; making sure that this time there could be no question. When she began to reciprocate, a pleased purring sound rumbled in his chest. She could give him no better gift than that.
 
When they pulled apart for breath, Sesshoumaru looked deep into her eyes and smiled a genuine, no one was going to die, smile. “Merry Christmas, Kagome.”