InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Wedding Bell Blues ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The months had seemed to fly by, and before they knew it the wedding was only a day and a half away. Inuyasha wasn’t sure if he should be excited, or worried. Kagome seemed to be a little distracted her mind constantly jumping from one thing to the next, and Inuyasha didn’t like seeing her so flustered and the fact she was always too busy to pay him any attention.



“Sit down, just for two minutes with me”. It was more of a command then a request, and Kagome looked at him with a frown. She had just hung up from the phone, her mother had called to tell her that the list for the flowers had just arrived, but her bouquet of white roses and cherry blossoms was missing from it.



“Not now, I have to call the flower shop, they forgot my bouquet,” She told him. Inuyasha scowled and sat forward on the couch to rest his forearms against his knees.



“Who cares about the stupid, b-bracket, or whatever. I want you to just sit down for two seconds and relax,” Inuyasha said to her, reaching out and grabbing her wrist. Kagome sighed, and lightly pulled away, heading for the kitchen.



“It’s called a bouquet, and I care about it”.



Inuyasha let out a sigh and got up from his seat, he slumped down the hall and into the spare room that had been meant for him. As he sat down on the bed his gaze found it’s way to Tetsusaiga where it was still hung on the wall. He had given up his old life to come to this time, and he treasured every moment he had with Kagome. He wished he could just get her to relax and forget about the whole wedding. It wasn’t just about the flowers or the dress, and what or who was coming; it was a whole lot more then that. It was the one thing he had always dreamed of having, a dream that no sacred jewel could have granted. He finally found a place in the world, and it was with Kagome. She had never judged him, not as a human, not as a demon, and as not someone caught between, to her he was just Inuyasha. He was happy, and content with living and he just wanted to sit back with the one person who had changed his life forever, and enjoy a quiet moment, but she was too consumed with everything around her to just appreciate what they had.



Inuyasha reached up and rubbed at his eyes, he was tired and feeling rather lonely. His ears twitched atop his head as he found himself listening for Kagome. She was one the phone again, this time with the limo service. He let out a sigh and fell back on the bed, resting his arms under his head.



“Stupid,” He grumbled out loud. He sighed letting his eyes fall shut. He felt weak and tired, and he knew that it was because the new moon was only a night away. Kagome had been planning for this. The wedding was going to take place at night, the ceremony, and vows taking place just after the sun rose. It was a nice idea; he was just worried about the other people’s reactions.










Kagome looked back into the mirror once again, and adjusted the front of her dress. The design was based loosely on the traditional Japanese wedding dress, though not as heavy or constricting. It was white, and wrapped around her like a yukata, and it was tied at her waist with a shimmering red sash, the top of the dress designed to hang just off her shoulders. There was a small garden of flower clips holding up her hair. A few tendrils of midnight black had fallen loose and now hung around her face, framing it elegantly.



“You look so beautiful”. Kagome glanced past her own reflection, to her mothers, who stood behind her.



“Thanks, Mama,” She said. She sighed glancing at the clock, it was only an hour until the two separate limos, for her and Inuyasha would arrive to bring them to the beach just a little ways outside of town. She thought now how beautiful the wedding would be, Inuyasha’s transformation of course would come as a surprise to many, but she only invited her closest friends, and family. She knew her grandmother and father from her father’s side would be there, as well as her father’s younger sister, who was in her late thirties. Her mother was an only child, and both her parents, were now dead. Hojo, as well as her other three friends from junior high and high school were coming. And of course Moshi, Sara, Sheridan, and the new baby were all coming. The wedding was going to be very small, and short, just their vows and that was it, nothing special.



“Have you talked to Inuyasha, is he still getting ready?” Kagome asked, turning to smile at her mother.



“Yes, he was a little disappointed when he found out his tuxedo wasn’t red, just his shirt underneath. But I believe he’s all set,” Mama Higurashi replied. Kagome sighed again, and nodded. She bit her bottom lip pensively and reached up to fiddle with the sacred jewel that still hung around her neck. It seemed to shimmer and glow with positive energy, Kagome liked to think it was a good omen.









Sota watched the irate hanyou, now turned human as he paced back and forth across the small expanse of his bedroom. Inuyasha though looking quite handsome in his tuxedo, his short black hair pulled back into a small ponytail, wore a face of worry and concern. Sota gave a withering sigh, causing Inuyasha to look at him.



“What?” The black haired hanyou snapped. Sota laughed lightly, and glanced at the alarm clock sitting beside him on his night table.



“We’ll be brother-in-laws in less then an hour, I think that’s pretty cool,” Sota said. Inuyasha snorted, and shook his head.



“Yeah, let’s just hope that Kagome’s family accepts me and doesn’t run away screaming after the ceremony,” He grumbled.



“I don’t think they will. My mom always told me that my father was a fanatic for ancient Japanese stories, all those tales of demons and magic, that’s why he and my grandpa always got along so good,” Sota said.



“Keh, that doesn’t matter those were the stories, they’ll be faced with the real thing tonight, or rather at dawn,” Inuyasha corrected himself. Sota shrugged nonchalantly and then jumped to his feet.



“It doesn’t matter, you have Kagome and Mom, and me. It doesn’t matter about anything else, right?” He asked. Inuyasha looked at the boy with surprise, a small smile of appreciation creeping across his face.



“Right”.