InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Lost Soul ❯ A New Beginning ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ten years later.

"Inuyasha, can you believe how fast time goes by." "No Kagome but it's been pretty good for us lately." He said wrapping his arms around Kagome as they sat on the edge of the spring looking out over the sparkling water.

**********

Seven years later.

"Father can I go play with Kyosuke?" "Yes you can Kokyu." "Thanks!" She leaped with joy then ran towards her brother. "But be careful!" "You're so protecting." Kagome whispered into his ear as she rested her head on his back. "Well how couldn't I be?" "But that's what I love about you dear." "I know." "Inuyasha?" "Yes, Kagome?" "It's been seventeen years since that day, do you still ever think about it?" "Of course I do. But lets not let that get to us we have a family to worry about." "Yes, but don't you think we should pay a visit to Kikiyou's grave and we also need to pray for Kikai since she did save me after all." "Let's do that tomorrow, right now we need to enjoy ourselves and forget all of the bad memories." "All right." He turned around and placed a kiss on her lips before catching up with their white haired bundles.

**********

In a nearby tree.

"It seems that you have found true happiness, good boy." Kikai laughed as she watched the family walk through the field. She sighed and looked up toward the morning sky. "It looks like I still have a lot to figure out before I can return, home, but I will come back." She swooped down from the tree and flew into the forest disappearing from the world.

The End!

Great story huh? (Laughs evil and grins)