InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Love That Was Meant To be! ❯ Sadness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE.
 
 
In Feudal Japan, Omari Nobunaga sat under his favorite tree on his favorite hill.
 
Something seemed wrong.
 
Instead of his usual brave and noble smile, Nobunaga was wearing a frown.
 
His head rested in his hand as stared at the sky, which meant something was troubling him.
 
Nobunaga was no ordinary type of man; he was a friend to Princess Tsuyu.
 
However, Nobunaga had been with the Princess for so long, making her laugh, protecting her like a bodyguard, that he became quite attached to her.
 
As time went by, he just couldn't get the Princess out of his mind, then it hit him, He had fallen in love with Princess Tsuyu.
 
Unfortunately, like most boys, Nobunaga was too frightened to tell the girl of his dreams how he really feels about her.
 
So his feelings for the Princess remained as a guarded secret.
He just couldn't tell her.
 
But why was he in such a bad mood today?
 
* * *
 
When Nobunaga met Inu Yasha and Kagome, who were searching for the shards of the sacred jewel of the four souls, he dragged them into a crisis.
 
It was a giant toad like monster, which fed on female souls for powers, kidnapped Princess Tsuyu.
 
Nobunaga had freed the Princess, and that's when Kagome discovered Nobunaga's feeling for the Princess.
 
But she promised him she wouldn't tell.
 
Inu Yasha however was only interested in the jewel shard inside toad.
 
But Nobunaga refused to let Inu Yasha slay him.
 
For Princess Tsuyu had told them, that toad was her husband.
 
At that moment, Nobunaga's heart grew bitter and cold.
 
After the curse was lifted, Nobunaga was shocked to see Princess Tsuyu Hugging and kissing her husband, who was restored to normal.
 
Princess Tsuyu wanted to thank Nobunaga for all he had done, but the instant she began to walk towards him, Nobunaga turned on his heels, and ran away, leaving a trail of blood from his wounds behind him.
 
She didn't understand what was with him.
 
Kagome knew what it was, but still didn't tell.
 
* * *
 
And now here he was, under the tree on the hill. Sad, Cold, and Alone
 
With nothing and no one around him for company, but a broken heart, and shattered dreams.
 
So much he had done, so many times he had risked his life, all those wounds he had taken, were all for nothing.
He had lost her.