InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mere Act of Kindess ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Okay! Before we get started, we gotta go over the basics and crap... i.e., disclaimers, notes, claimers, etc.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha! Although I'd like to... I don't. *sobsob* Inu-Yasha is copyright of Rumiko Takahashi and Sunrise... I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Claimer: I do, however, own Alleli. SHE IS COPYRIGHTED BY ME. Nyah. You can't use her without my permission, or I can sue your butt off! *muahahahaha* ^_^; Anyways, if you want to use her, for some strange and mysterious reason, please ask me and restrain from using her until I give permission. Thank yooou!

Note: I like to think of this as a 'Theoryfic,' in a way. This is kind of contradictory to the series (Like the opening part where Inu-Yasha chases his ball-- then he catches it in the series, he then lets it go and then runs to his mother. This doesn't happen in this fic.), but some of the elements in this story actually explains some of the mysteries in the true series. Like for instance, why did he want to become full youkai in the first place? This is one of the things explained in this fic. And why doesn't he like his ears felt? This is also explained in the fic. ^_^ Please review this story... I worked hard on it. Oh, just so you know, I haven't seen all of IY, so some of the stuff in here might be wrong! Gomenasai! Gomen! And I'm sorry that the chapters are short... and please, constructive critisism only... x_x It makes you sound very immature when you say, "this fic sux tak it of." Well, I know that not everyone talks like that, but... you know. ^_- Oh, and, I also wanna thank Cory-- a girl, by the way. She helped me a lot in various things. Thanks, Cor! And, just so you know, this was originally on a personal site. Stupid server totally messed up the paragraphing, sorry if it looks weird. x.x Oh, one last note, I PROMISE. I normally like to type up this story and then I use spellcheck and paragraph it and such. If you see any mistakes, please forgive. I must've missed it... anyways, onto the story!


---Chapter One

Inu-Yasha chased his ball-- it got out of his control again. The ball bounced right into the hands of one of the humans in the village. The human man smirked and tossed the small red ball to one of his friends, as they were in a circle. Inu-Yasha chased after the ball. If anyone were to come upon them, they were to think that the older humans were playing a game of monkey-in-the-middle with the hanyou. Eventually Inu-Yasha caught the hand of the person who had the ball. "Please give me my ball back, sir!" he asked. The human merely smirked nastily and threw the ball across the bridge that was built over the small river.
Inu-Yasha chased after it, but another person stepped in front of him and picked his ball up. "Here you go," the girl said, smiling, as she handed the dog hanyou his ball. "Huh...?" Inu-Yasha stared up at the human, mystified. No one had ever been as nice to him as this girl, and he didn't even know her name. He's never seen her in the village before. "Who're you?" The small hanyou asked the older girl. The girl paused, as if thinking it over. And then she responded simply, "Alleli." Inu-Yasha grinned, showing his fangs. "I'm Inu-Yasha!" Alleli smiled and laughed. "Nice to meet you, Inu-Yasha! And how old are you?"
"I'm 5," he responded eagerly. He already liked her.
"I'm 12," she smiled again and Inu-Yasha smiled back. He then took a few steps to her and hugged her around the knees. Alleli was caught off-guard. Her surprised expression faded from her face and was replaced with a gentle smile. She patted his fluffy head, right between his puppy-ears. Inu-Yasha, smiling happily, drew in a breath, and then let it out in a sigh.
"Little brother! Little brother! Come here," came a voice.
"Oh..." Inu-Yasha broke away from Alleli, but his arms were still around her knees. He paused, looking unsure of what to do. He then made up his mind and looked up at her, removing his arms from around her knees. "Alleli, I have to go now. Will you come see me sometime?" he looked up at her eagerly. Alleli smiled again. "Of course! How about we meet back here tomorrow?" she decided. Inu-Yasha nodded. Alleli paused, and then grasped his ears gently. Using her thumb, she rubbed his ears gently. Inu-Yasha beamed, because the massaging felt good. Alleli then let go gently, turned Inu-Yasha around, and gave him a firm but gentle push toward Sesshomaru's direction.