InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mere Act of Kindess ❯ Epilogue and Notes ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Epilogue: Five years later...

Inu-Yasha jumped out of the roof of the Shikon no Tama shrine. He was 17 now, and he was almost nothing like he was four years earlier. Smirking, with the Shikon no Tama in his hand, he seemed to hover above the shrine for a few minutes, before returning to the earth. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw hakama pants and a kimono top. "Alle..." he thought, but then shut that thought off with a snap.
"INU-YASHA!" Came a familiar voice. Inu-Yasha smirked and glanced over his shoulder, in time to see a arrow coming right at him. "Hu--" Inu-Yasha was cut off. "...Uhh.... Ki... Kikyo...." he managed to choke out, as the Shikon no Tama seemed to float from his grasp... and it came as quite a shock to him to realise he was pinned to a tree... with a bit of horror, a bit of surprise, and a bit of foolishness, and a bit of amusment at the irony of it, he realized it was the same tree that he used to meet Alleli under (and later, buried under.) all those years ago. He smirked and thought to himself, "See you soon, Alleli. See you soon." He then closed his eyes and slipped into a forced sleep, the arrow still embedded in his shoulder.


<center>The end</center>



Waaaaai, how'd you like the story? ^_^ It was originally supposed to be a one-shot fic, but I might do a prequel to this (Alleli's past). Or some kind of spin-off. O_o It took a total of two days to write this-- which for me is a miracle (-_-;) since out of my 80+ fics, I've only finished one other one other than this... and it SUCKED. o_o; This one I actually like... amazing. ^_^; Anyways, in case you didn't catch on, here are some of the things that were explained:

<b>Inu-Yasha's ears.</b> Alleli always rubbed his ears, and reffered to them as 'Puppy-Ears' because he was small for all of the fic, minus the afterwards. And since she died in the end... *sob* Inu-Yasha would never let anyone near his ears if he could help it... it would've reminded him of Alleli, and that would be painful for him.

<b>Why he wanted the Shikon jewel</b> Yeah, we all know he wants it to become full Youkai, but he wants to become full Youkai because he couldn't before... he was too horrified and shocked. So he basically figures that if he's a youkai, he would be able to protect those he cares about no matter what.

<b>The Hakama and Kimono top color</b> If you'll look closely, none of the definitive charas, temporary or permanent, in IY wore pale blue (I... think.) . A few wore dark blue, but not pale blue. I specifically chose this color for her clothing because no one in IY wore pale blue. I guess the reason Inu-Yasha never reacted to pale blue is because he never came upon anyone wearing it.

<b>Cats.</b> Inu-Yasha may have insulted and teased the few cats in the seiries, but he never harmed them. This is because he used to do the same with Alleli before she died. Oh, one exception. According to Cory (yup, the same Cowwy mentioned in the note.) The cat demon that attacked Inu-Yasha... well, I'll get back to you on that when I see the ep. with the cat demon. >.-

<b>Puppy Refferences</b> Inu-Yasha is always called a dog in the series. That's because no one knew him when he was small, hence a 'puppy.' If he ever were called a puppy, he would react.

<b>Wildflower scent</b> Alleli smelt of wild flowers. In the series, Inu-Yasha always stayed away from flowers (minus dandelions, which is actually a weed.) because they reminded him of Alleli.