InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mere Act of Kindess ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
---Chapter Six

"Inu-...Yasha?" came Alleli's voice; weak but certain. Tears still flowing down his cheeks, Inu-Yasha looked up with wide, if red and blurry, eyes. "Alleli! You're awake..." he clutched her kimono top again and sobbed into it, inhaling her rich, wildflower fragrance for what will be, unfortunately, his last time. Alleli patted his head. "Yes... cry all you like, I'm here. I'm awake..." she kissed the top of his head like she used to when they were smaller.
"Impossible!" Sesshomaru yelled. "Kill them!" he whispered to his youkai wolves, and the leapt up, snarling and drooling. Inu-Yasha instinctively moved into a position to protect his friend. All three of the wolves sprang foreward and attacked him. "RUN, ALLELI!" Inu-Yasha cried and threw the first wolf off. However, Alleli couldn't run. She wasn't given a chance. Whenever there was an opening, a wolf would conveniently block her path, and Inu-Yasha would throw it off. Alleli then spotted something out of the corner of her eye: A fourth wolf.
"LOOK OUT!" She cried to Inu-Yasha, but he was too busy fighting to heed her warning. Knewing there'd be no time, she jumped in front of the dog demon, and felt as if time slowed; every second felt like an eternity of agony, as the wolf's jaws closed on the side of her flesh, staining her pale blue kimono and hakama pants.
"ALLELI!!!!" Came Inu-Yasha's scream. In a pure rage, he would've gone full youkai, if he wasn't so horrified. So instead he contented himself to killing the wolf youkai.
When he was done, Inu-Yasha panted a little, and then remembered what happened. He staggered over to Alleli and knelt beside her. "Alleli..." he sobbed and choked on his own tears and they came torrenting out. Allei looked at his weakly. "....Cry all you want. Inu-Yasha, please listen... I am going to die soon. I want you to bury my body in the forest. Next to the old tree, where we used to meet. Okay?" she took shallow, ragged breaths as she said this. Inu-Yasha wiped his tears away. "Yes. I will," he promised. Alleli smiled. "Thank you..." she reached up and grasped his ears. One final time, she rubbed them. Inu-Yasha closed his eyes as a single tear ran down his cheek and dropped onto Alleli's forehead. She let her arms dropped, as she slipped into an eternal sleep.
Inu-Yasha opened his eyes and looked down at her. "....You were beautiful," he said to her body after a while. "I loved you. But this will not be goodbye for us," he smiled with the same gentleness that Alleli first gave him those seven years ago. He then leaned down and kissed her. Softly, with passion, his warm lips pressed into her cold ones. He then knelt back and ripped a small part of her kimono sleeve off, and pocketed it. Then he slid his arms under her and picked her up. He smiled down at her, and for a second, he thought she smiled back. Then he walked out of the forest and to the meeting tree.
He buried her that same day.