InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 2
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha.
 
 
Kagome was still blushing slightly as she and Sango walked together to the nearby hot spring for a morning bath. Truth be told she didn't really need a bath, but she did need to get away from InuYasha.
 
Boy, did she need to get away.
 
She had been having this wonderful dream in which she was kissing InuYasha with real passion…when she suddenly heard Miroku say, “Why, InuYasha! Exactly what are you doing?”
 
She realized her eyes were closed, she had been dreaming…and she had InuYasha locked in a passionate death grip.
 
She opened her eyes to find the hanyou's golden eyes looking into hers. He looked…amused. Oh, kami! He was more than amused. She could tell by the extra pressure she felt against her inner thigh.
 
For a moment time froze. Fortunately, only Kagome and InuYasha could see the myriad of emotions playing across their faces.
 
Finally, they sprang apart…still staring at each other.
 
Then Kagome had done the only thing she could do. She had yelled “osuwari” until InuYasha had formed a small crater in his own shape with only his head poking out.
 
It must have been more painful than usual, considering…yeah, she really had to get away from him.
 
So here she and Sango were going to take a bath, whether or not they needed one.
And InuYasha hadn't argued. Once he recovered, he had just hung around looking a little embarrassed. No early start on the shard hunt today. Maybe he was a little overwhelmed, too.
 
So she and Sango had gathered their bath articles and were leaving when Kagome glanced back at InuYasha. The hanyou found himself caught staring and quickly turned away. Kagome noted that he was wearing a sort of dumb smile and kept playing his fingers along his lips as though remembering…
 
“Oh, kami! What is he thinking?
 
“Settle down, Kagome,” Sango whispered so the hanyou wouldn't hear. “It's not the end of the world.”
 
“I kissed him, Sango. I kissed him. And he's got this strange look on his face, and he keeps staring at me.”
 
“I think we can wait till we're at the hot spring before we discuss this,” said Sango as she walked ahead of Kagome. It would be easier to talk then, plus Kagome wouldn't be able to the taijiyah's smirk.
 
“But I kissed him, Sango! He loves Kikyo. How could I force myself on him?” Sango said nothing.
 
Having reached the spring, both girls checked for lecherous monks and other unwanted visitors, stripped down and settled into the soothing water. Sango relaxed. Kagome still agonized.
 
“I kissed InuYasha,” she murmured.
 
“Looked like he enjoyed it, too,” Sango replied, giggling softly.
 
Yet again, Kagome blushed. “But you don't understand, Sango. I promised myself I would let InuYasha sort things out for himself…”
 
“Did you enjoy it?”
“Sango!”
 
“Well, did you?”
 
“Ummm, he is a good…Sango! That's private! And, anyway, I shouldn't have been grabbing him in the middle of the night like that!”
 
“Ah, he kissed you back.”
 
“At least you don't grab Miroku in the middle of the night.”
 
Sango glanced away sheepishly.
 
“No!”
 
“Uhhhh, we were traveling, just the two of us. We had gone to sleep on opposite sides of the camp fire, but woke up on the same side.”
 
“Oh…well…”
 
“Under the same cover.”
 
“Ah.”
 
“Cuddling.”
 
“Embarrassing.”
 
“I woke up practically molded to him, but the worst part was…”
 
“Sango?”
 
“I had my hand on his…”
 
“Sango!”
 
“…chest. I was soKagome? Why are you breathing so hard?”
 
“Nevermind.”
 
“But,” continued Sango, “at least we didn't light up the whole area with a pink glow so bright you could barely look at it.”
 
“Huh?” said the puzzled miko.
 
“When Miroku woke me, the whole area was lit up with your miko aura. It must have been much brighter to InuYasha with his hanyou sight, but he didn't seem anxious to get away.”
 
“Oh.”
 
The taijiyah splashed playfully at her adoptive sister. “What do you remember about last night?”
 
“Well, I was having this really strong dream.” Kagome flushed.
 
“Kagome!” Sango exclaimed. Both girls giggled nervously.
 
“I can't help it! He has those ears…and those eyes. And…have you seen him without his haori? I mean, talk about…”
 
“Enough! I get the idea.”
 
“Anyway, I was dreaming he came to me.”
 
“And?” Sango seemed to notice something.
 
“And it was just the two of us.”
 
“Ummm.” Sango fumbled around the bank.
 
“Sango?”
 
“Just a second.” The demon exterminator had finally found a suitable rock and, without further ado, threw it into some shrubbery on the opposite shore. The girls heard a satisfying “thud” and Miroku tumbled forward onto the edge of the hot spring. The monk lay unmoving, although his one hand would twitch now and then.
 
“You were saying, Kagome?”
 
“Oh.” Kagome fought her instincts to get her bag and medical kit. “We were finally alone, And I could finally show InuYasha how I feel.”
 
“Well, that explains why he came down out of the tree.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Demons, hanyous, can smell when a girl is…aroused.”
 
“No!”
 
“He can smell it when you're afraid. What makes you think he can't smell it when you're…”
 
“Oh no! You mean, every time…I…he can…”
 
“Yeah. He is an inu, and male dogs can tell when females are in…”
 
…heat? Oh, kami. Oh, kami.”
 
“So your scent brought him down. But that doesn't explain the pink glow and the rest. What else do you remember?”
 
“I remember InuYasha's voice. I remember him saying something that made me very happy. Then I remember it going bad, and that Kikyo was taking him to hell with her. Oh, Sango, I couldn't stand the thought of it!”
 
“Hmmmm. And that's when the pink glow started I bet.”
 
“I was so afraid, Sango. I felt like Kikyo and I were calling him and the one he went to would keep him. I called to him with all my heart …and then I was holding him in my arms…and I was putting all the feeling I had into one kiss. I felt so happy!”
 
“And then we woke you up.”
 
“Yeah, I guess so. By the way, where'd Miroku go, anyway?”
“If he's smart, back to camp.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“And so…you and InuYasha were staring into each other's eyes.”
 
“He has such beautiful, golden eyes,” Kagome said dreamily.
 
“And you sat him.”
 
“I had to.”
 
“Uh-huh. But, before that, when you were asleep, you were reacting by instinct.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“You were asleep. You thought Kikyo was taking him away from you. Your untrained miko powers manifested themselves.”
 
“So?”
 
“Let's just say I wouldn't want to have been Kikyo at that moment.”
 
Kagome became lost in thought, but smiled.
 
Meanwhile, in the woods on the other side of the hot spring, a nervous hanyou was also lost in thought.
 
“Come on, monk. Your instincts are gonna get you into even more trouble if I leave you here.” InuYasha carefully slung the unconscious Miroku over his shoulder and started back to camp.
 
“And,” he thought, “a certain miko's instincts could be trouble for me.”
 
He ran his fingers lightly over his lips as he remembered the night before. Soft lips. Incredibly soft lips. And the feeling of being wrapped in the warmth of Kagome's love.
 
Uh-oh. This was no good. He had to find a way to get rid of this goofy smile. “Yup,” he thought, “big trouble.”