InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts Chapter 4
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha.
 
 
It had taken a little doing (in fact, InuYasha had to carry Miroku again), but the boys had managed to get to the hot spring before the girls and were in a hidey hole InuYasha had known about. Now they could hear the girls approaching.
 
“I don't know what to do, Sango. It's worse than I thought.”
 
“What do you mean, Kagome?” replied the taijiya.
 
The girls arrived at the edge of the hot spring, took a quick look around and started disrobing.
 
“He's using it against me.” Kagome sighed. “I was thinking about sitting him for almost hurting shippo when he gave me this big smile. I started thinking about how good he looked and I just couldn't do it!”
 
 
“Ha! It worked,” whispered InuYasha.
 
“Quiet, InuYasha. They'll hear you,” returned the monk.
 
 
“So…you felt yourself starting to…respond…to InuYasha…”
 
Kagome blushed beet red. “I knew he'd be able to tell any moment.” I can't help it, Sango. What am I going to do?” Kagome was down to her unmentionables. Sango was taking off her traveling kimono.
 
 
The monk leaned forward intently. “Ahh, enlightenment.”
 
“Quiet!” hissed InuYasha as he, too, leaned forward.
 
As Sango's kimono dropped to the ground, the monk seemed to go into an almost rapturous state. He would have fallen out of their hiding place if InuYasha hadn't grabbed him.
 
Unfortunately for InuYasha, after he caught Miroku, he looked back to the girls to find that Kagome had removed everything else and was now walking into the hot spring.
 
Now, it was bad enough that InuYasha's hiding place was directly across from where the girls were…and so, to InuYasha, it looked like a very nude Kagome was walking directly towards him; but what made matters infinitely worse was that the wind happened to change direction, blowing Kagome's scent directly to him.
 
Several things happened in quick succession.
 
First, InuYasha fantasized that Kagome was walking towards him for a very different reason; second, Kagome's scent (which was strong because she had just been thinking of InuYasha) reached the hanyou's nose; and third, the now totally distracted half dog demon released his hold on Miroku, allowing the monk to roll out of their hiding place and down onto the bank of the hot spring.
 
This brought Miroku to his senses, caused Kagome to drop into the water and cover up the best she could, and brought the cry of “Hentai!” from Sango.
 
Miroku knew what that meant, so he scrambled to his feet and started running along the bank towards a trail that led to safety. The monk cursed his luck when he tripped over a tree root in the path, then said a quick prayer thanking Buddha for his good luck when he saw the rock that would have hit him land a few feet beyond him. He crawled his way up the trail, climbed to his feet and raced back to camp.
 
InuYasha watched the whole thing with some amusement, but then realized that this distraction was his chance to escape. He took one last look at Kagome who was still hiding as best she could in the water, gave a sigh for what more he might have seen and crept silently out and on his own way back to camp.
 
 
Kagome was watching Sango give chase to Miroku (the taijiya had hurriedly grabbed her kimono, wrapped herself in it and was now pursuing the lecherous monk down the trail), when she thought she saw a flash of red and silver out of the corner of her eye.
 
She gasped when she realized it was InuYasha.
 
Kagome looked back in Sango and Miroku's direction. Then she looked back to see InuYasha appear over the trees in one of his great leaps. She looked back towards Sango, who was walking back to the hot spring, then back towards InuYasha. By then he was out of sight.
 
“The lecher got away,” sneered Sango. “I hate when he spies on us!”
 
“I don't think he was the only one, Sango.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“I think InuYasha was here, too.”
 
 
InuYasha watched as Miroku limped into camp.
 
“Welcome back, bouzu. Have a nice trip?”
 
“Ha-ha, Inuyasha,” replied Miroku. “I scraped my leg when I fell, but at least that caused Sango to miss.”
 
The hanyou smiled. “At least your distraction let me get away.”
 
“You're welcome.”
 
“Feh. Thanks.” InuYasha sniffed. “Kagome's coming.”
 
“And Sango will be with her,” replied Miroku. He wondered what Sango would say. An involuntary shudder ran through him.
 
 
“Oi! Kagome!” called out InuYasha. “Have a nice bath?”
 
Kagome and Sango walked into camp. Sango glared at Miroku.
 
“Now, Sango. Dear Sango.” Miroku pleaded.
 
Sango looked at Miroku, picked up her Hiraikotsu and walked over to Miroku and said in a saccharine voice, “You know, houshi, I missed you at the hot spring.”
 
“Sango, my sweet,” said Miroku. “Do you mean it?”
 
Sango glowered at the monk. “Yeah.”
 
There was a resounding “thump” and, once again, the monk was unconscious at Sango's feet.
 
“Didn't miss that time,” growled the taijiya.
 
 
InuYasha laughed at the downed houshi. “Serves the lech right.” He then looked over at Kagome and noticed she was glaring at him. As he looked at her, she started to blush…until…
 
“Sit, boy!”
 
<CRASH>
 
“Hey! What was that for?”
 
“Sit!”
 
<CRASH>
 
“Bitch! Why are you doing this ?”
 
Kagome stooped, got down nose-to-nose with him and said, “I think you know.”
 
Kagome watched as the hanyou took his turn blushing.
 
“Wait,” said InuYasha. “You think I was at the hot spring with Miroku? You think I'd do anything that lech would do?”
 
Kagome was extremely embarrassed, but she was angry too.
 
“What would your precious Kikyo think?”
 
All of a sudden InuYasha's shoulders slumped. He looked down as he tried to compose himself. He found himself thinking about Kagome and Kikyo and how they compared.
 
Kagome was warm, loving and accepted him for himself. He thought about life with Kagome and smiled inwardly.
 
Kikyo had been his first love, hadn't she? She was a kind person and would have stayed with him if only he joined her in her humanity.
 
InuYasha thought about Kagome walking towards him in the hot spring. He thought about what he had wanted to do with her. He thought about Kikyo. An image came to him of Kikyo, nude, walking towards him, beckoning to him.
 
His love for Kikyo was sacred, wasn't it? It was his fault she had died. He had made promises to her that he was honor-bound to keep, hadn't he? Again he thought about her approaching him the way Kagome had.
 
InuYasha finally looked up towards Kagome, who was waiting for an answer.
 
Kagome gasped. InuYasha's shoulders were trembling. His eyes. His eyes were troubled. Kagome felt ashamed of herself for asking such a hurtful question. Her own eyes started to fill with tears as she finally declared, “I'm…I'm sorry, InuYasha.” She ran from him. She needed to get away.
 
“Sango? Can I borrow Kirara? I think I need to go see Kaede.”
 
“Of course.”
 
 
While Kagome had gotten her things together and flown off back to the village, InuYasha had finally started to collect himself. Slowly his eyes returned to normal and his shoulders stopped their shaking. Thinking about Kagome again helped.
 
 
Imagining making love with Kikyo had given him the willies.