InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Life in Sakura High ❯ Getting to Know Each Other Part II ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'mmm bbbaaackkkk… hahaha well I wanna give a special thanks to Inu-babe for reviewing!! XD
Inu-babe-I'm glad you like it, thanks for the review and for saying that... here's the next chappy enjoy!!
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
Disclaimer: Not mine… never has been and never will be…. Oh! Except for the story plot, Yakato-kun, Kags uncle, and any other character I might slip in… everything else like Inuyasha and it's characters belongs to Rumiko Takahashi :D
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
--Kagome's thoughts—
#Sesshomaru's thoughts#
(Sesshomaru's Beast's thoughts)
/Sango's thoughts/
+Kikyo's thoughts+
&Miroku's thoughts&
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
--Getting to Know Each Other Part II--
Last Time:
She shrugged. "Well, it's pretty obvious. She seemed a little pissed and jealous when I was messing with Miroku earlier, and she blushed when he said those things to her."
Kikyo nodded. "True. It is obvious... too bad it isn't to them..." she trailed off, looking at Kagome.
She looked back and a silent message transpired between the two. They both grinned, both similar and equally evil. "Matchmaking time!!" they said together snickering, thinking of how they could get the two together while making their way to class.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
This Time:
--1st Period; AP Japanese History--
Kikyo tapped her chin in thought “Hmm maybe we should-”
Kagome nodded eagerly. “-hell yah that's a great idea. Then we could-”
“yes that would be good… and then-” Kikyo gave a sly smile.
Kagome grinned “-uh huh that's perfect… they'll never-”
“-know what hit em” they both said together
They were still talking about how to get Sango and Miroku together when they reached the classroom.
"Well here's AP Japanese History. The class is pretty easy so it should be a cinch for you Kago-chan... the sensei's pretty cool, he's a flea demon and a very sweet one. Oh, but he might want to drink your blood..." Kikyo trailed off at Kagome's incredulous stare. "...it's a flea thing so don't worry, it's not gonna hurt...much." she muttered the last part quietly to herself. She opened the door and walked in, letting Kagome in before her. "Anyways... the works not hard and there's barely any homework... there might be a few projects but still... those will be easy to... Kagome watch out!" she warned but wasn't soon enough.
Kagome was looking at Kikyo while she was talking and wasn't really paying attention so she accidentally walked into something... or more like someone. The impact, since she was a little out of it; thinking about the things Kikyo were saying , knocked her to ground flat on her ass.
She came to, a little dazed. She looked up with unfocused eyes and saw a figure; tall, regal, and handsome… there were lots of white and glowing gold eyes. “Ughh... God? Is that you?” she murmured, seriously disoriented. She heard a chuckle.
“No, not quite… but you're close.” The figure stated, amusement laced in his tone. It crouched down, up close to her, and grabbed her hand, pulling her up.
Once she was up, Kagome's eyes refocused, and realized that the figure was none other than… Sesshomaru. She blushed, noticing how close he was, and the hand wrapped around her own. -Geeze, what's wrong with me?— asked herself… --I'm acting like a shy little school girl, why is he affecting me like this?—
She remembered what he said and snorted in a very un-lady like way. "You, a god?" she scoffed, "don't be so full of yourself.” She pulled her hand away from his, and, for some weird reason, she kind of missed the feeling of having it wrapped around hers. She shook herself of those thoughts. --So not the time to think that--
Kikyo stared in utter shock. When Kagome had bumped into the Lord of the West himself, she thought the worst was going to happen... but it didn't. To her surprise, Kagome was not killed, threatened, or even insulted. She had bumped into the ice lord and the only thing he did was chuckle at her, in amusement. He even went far enough to help her up and actually make a joke. And then Kagome even insulted him by snorting and telling that he shouldn't be too full of himself. +Did I miss something? I've never seen Sesshomaru like this, he's usually cold and never talks, let alone laugh and joke!+
Kikyo came out of her thoughts in time to hear Sesshomaru's response.
“That would be impossible for me to do.” He retorted.
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows at him. “Oh? And why is that?”
“This Sesshomaru is not arrogant, therefore it cannot be achieved.” He stated, pretty much arrogantly.
She just gave him a unbelievable stare, before seeing the smirk on his face. She rolled her eyes. “Suree you ain't… and I'm seriously a guy.”
“Well you're dressed for the part so I wouldn't be surprised.”
Her eye twitched. “I'll have ya know that I'm fully, 100-percent, female and damn proud of it too.”
He cocked his head a little. “If that's so then why don't you wear the girl's uniform? If you were so proud than you should be wearing that than covering yourself with the less revealing guy's uniform. Doesn't seem like you're so proud after all. ”
Her eyes flared. “I told you already! I hate skirts! And I can't do shit if I wore one!! You can't exactly fight seriously in a skirt without revealing more to people than you want to! Hell, you can't even bend over without the fear of flashing somebody!!”
Sesshomaru looked at her uninterestedly, seemingly a little bored. “Excuses, excuses.” He replied loftily.
She stared at him, a little exasperated. She threw her arms up. “Ughh that's it! I've come to the conclusion that... that… that you're weird!”
Sesshomaru gave her a blank stare. “And you are not?”
She gave him an incredulous look. “Of course I am! Life would be so boring if I wasn't. Plus I'm the good kind of weird, you though…” she eyed him, “not so much” she told him, rolling her eyes as if she stated the obvious.
Sesshomaru just closed his eyes at that, and shook his head at her.
Kagome stared him, wondering why he was shaking his head. “What?! It's the truth, being weird makes life interesting. Plus, I always thought me being weird meant I'm special.”
Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow at that. “Yes, you are special…” he trailed off.
Kagome grinned.
“Mentally special that is.” He finished, smirking.
Her grin faltered, a scowl replacing it. She shot him a glare before lightly smacking him across the arm. “Hardy-har-har you're such the joker.”
“Why arigato, I'm glad you think so.”
She didn't say anything, for the bell rang before she could retort. She mock glared at him, before sticking her tongue out at him and spinning around, walking to the teachers desk.
Sesshomaru stared at her, shaking his head at her childishness. He looked over at Kikyo, and saw her basically gawking at him. He raised an eyebrow at her, and gave her a look, clearly asking `And what are you looking at?'
Kikyo shook herself out of it before walking to her desk muttering to herself something that sounded like `This day just gets weirder and weirder…'and `oh wait… that's to be expected with Kago around…'
Sesshomaru watched as she walked away, deep in thought. #What an odd onna. It makes one wonder if runs in the family, or at least in the female lineage.# He shrugged to himself and followed behind her towards his seat.
Kagome reached the teacher's desk but saw no one there. She looked around but found nothing. She shrugged to herself and leaned on the desk, waiting for the teacher to appear.
She didn't have to wait long for after a minute she felt a sting on the side of her neck. She slapped it and brought it to her face and saw a flea demon. -Flea demon? ... Ohh yea Kikyo told me the teacher is a flea demon. — “You're Myouga-sensei right?”
“Yes that would be me.” The little demon said.
Kagome looked him over, Myouga was balding, and just had gray hair on the sides of his head and had black eyes.
“Ya know, it's found to be just a tiny bit rude to drink someone's blood without their permission, especially if it's from someone ya haven't even met before.”
“Gomen miss, I couldn't help myself, such a powerful aura you have and you are a pretty young girl so I couldn't wait to taste how good you're blood taste.”
Kagome's eyes narrowed. -How did he know that? My aura is supposed to be mostly concealed, no one should be able to feel it unless they are very powerful themselves.—
Kagome spoke in a whisper so no one would hear. “How did you know that? My aura is concealed; you shouldn't be able to feel it.”
Myouga cocked his head. “Why would you do that? But anyways, concealment spells do not work against me. It's just one of those things that do not affect me.”
She studied him, as if reluctant to believe him, but shrugged. “Ok whatever, but for why I conceal my aura… well that's because I want people to think I'm weak.”
Myouga turned questioning eyes to her. “Now why would you want that? Most students want the others to know how powerful they are, to show off.”
Kagome just gave him a grin, and an evil one at that. “Oh I know, which is why I do it. When people try to pick a fight with me, they do it because they think they're much more powerful than me. They'd be so sure of themselves. So imagine their faces when I reveal some more of my aura to them. They'd be scared shitless and they'll know that they shouldn't mess with someone just because they seem weaker, `cause they'll never know when it could bite them in the ass. “
Her sensei just stared at her, eyes wide with surprise. “So you do it to teach bullies a lesson?”
This time she gave him a sly smirk. “Yea well that's most of the reason, I also don't like going around and gloating my power, and I just love scaring the crap out of people, their faces when they feel the full extent of my power are priceless!!.” She started snickering a little.
Myouga shook his head. “Well, let's get back to the point of why you came to my desk. Who are you and what did you need?”
Kagome sobered. “Oh yea, I'm Higurashi Kagome, and I'm new here, just transferred from Chikoto.”
An eyebrow rose. “From a public school to a private one? How did that happen?”
“Got kicked out… too much fighting and disturbing the class and what not… people didn't really like that I was so outspoken, and they didn't like the way I dressed. I just retaliated.” She had a small, wistful smile on her face. As if she was remembering good times.
Both eyebrows were raised this time. “Oh, well welcome to Sakura high. You can sit next to Takishi. You'll have to use someone else's books for the time being until I can get yours.”
Kagome nodded and put her hand near the top of the desk for the teacher. He jumped off and nodded his thanks. She turned around and surveyed the room. She noticed that the vacant seat next to Sesshomaru was also behind Kikyo. She walked over to her seat and set her stuff down before sitting.
She felt eyes bore into her. She fidgeted a little, not liking the feeling of someone watching her incessantly. She got tired of the feeling and looked up. She saw Sesshomaru and Kikyo staring at her.
She rubbed the back of her head, confused. “What's up? Watchya staring at?”
Sesshomaru didn't answer, just turned his head away. If you saw his face now it would be expressionless but if you looked in his eyes you would see a hint of embarrassment. #I can't believe I was staring at her so openly like that. And she even caught me doing it! Ugh…#
Sesshomaru's beast decided to make it's appearance. (Haha are my eyes deceiving me!? No, they aren't! Stop the presses!! Stop the presses!!… Sesshomaru, the impassive, cold, arrogant lord is embarrassed!! Ahahahaha!!)
Sesshomaru mentally growled. #You will cease that infernal laughing! #
(Aww what's wrong pup? You don't like to be teased… is that so? Haha just admit it you like the girl… why else would you be embarrassed? I bet if you didn't have that cold mask of yours on you would probably be blushing!!)
A grumble was the response.
His beast cracked up in laughter “Ah-ha! I'm right aren't I? You can't fool me!! No wonder you've been acting so different… you're actually talking more than usually, and to someone you just met no less!)
Sesshomaru's eye mentally twitched. #Will you shut up already? #
He received a grin as a response. (Course not… I'm not done having fun yet…)
#So you call annoying me fun.# A light growl could be heard.
Not thinking it was anything he answered without hesitating. (Uhh no shit. What else is there for me to do hmm? Just sit here and do nothing?)
#That would be much appreciated.# he gritted out.
(Yahhh… no, not likely. It's too much fun.)
Another eye twitch occurred. His growl deepened
(Plus, now that you actually like a girl it might not be boring anymore. Especially with one as interesting as her. It's about time you liked one anyways… I almost thought the gate swung the other way.)
His hand twitched this time, and he let out a strangled snarl, like he was trying to hold it back.
His beast didn't notice though and kept going.
(Yes, imagine my relief when I found out that your playing for the right team… hmm I think I'll be around more often because of her. I also have to make sure you don't screw anything up. O-Oi! L-Let me go!)
Sesshomaru didn't care anymore. He let out a snarl and attacked his beast. He threw him in a room, one that looked like the ones in a mental hospital; four white, cushioned walls with no windows. He slammed the metal door shut and slid the metal bar lock over it. He chained it and turned the other four locks on it. Just to be sure he put a barrier on the door.
(What the hell?! Let me out of here… you know I'll get out of here sooner or later.)
#Well then I choose later… I hope you go crazy while in there!#
His response was just unintelligible words mixed with snarls and growls.
After Sesshomaru turned his head away Kagome just shrugged to herself and turned to Kikyo. She gave her a pointed look, to tell her to speak.
Kikyo opened her mouth but was interrupted by their sensei.
“Class, may I have your attention.”
Everybody slowly stopped talking and turned their attention to him.
Kikyo looked at the teacher before looking back at her. `I'll ask later' she mouthed.
Kagome just nodded. `Alrighty then' she mouthed back.
She turned her attention to the teacher as Kikyo turned back around.
“Please get out your history books and turn to Chapter 6: Section 1. We will be learning about the Sengoku Jidai.” Myouga-sensei announced.
Kagome just sat there looking a little lost. -Ughh what am I gonna do… I don't have a book and there's no body I can borrow from.— She looked next to her and back at her desk. -Well there's Sesshomaru but I doubt he wi-.—She was jolted out of her thoughts when her desk was being pulled. She looked beside her to see Sesshomaru dragging her desk towards him.
“Oi, whaddya doing?” she asked warily.
Sesshomaru stopped pulling her desk once it was right next to his. He stared at her. “You don't have a book, am I right?”
She just nodded, a little confused.
Sesshomaru pulled a book out of his backpack and placed it between them. “Then we will share.”
Kagome stared at him with wide eyes. She watched as he open the book and turn the pages. Once he stopped he looked up to the sensei and then to her. He tapped at a section on one of the pages. “This is where we are.”
She looked at the page and back at him. She gave him a smile. “Arigato Sesshomaru.”
Sesshomaru just stared at her before nodding. “It is of no problem.” He turned back to the teacher.
If you looked closely you could see a ghost of a smile on his face, which Kagome noticed and grinned at.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
--After Class--
After a half an hour of the history of the Sengoku Jidai being forced into her head Kagome was bored... and hungry.
'Grrrroowwllll'
The bell was just about to ring when her stomach made itself known. She was putting her things in her bag when it happened. Her head shot up and she blushed a little.
"Hehe guess I'm hungry ne?" she said, chuckling nervously while rubbing the back of her head.
It wasn't even that quiet when her stomach growled but it was so load that even humans sitting in the front could have heard it.
Kikyo started snickering at her while Sesshomaru just smirked, eyes filled with his laughter.
-Bbbrriiiinnngggg-
Everybody headed out of the class room.
When Sesshomaru passed her by he made a comment. "You might want to feed that soon... it doesn't sound very happy."
Kagome just gave him a silly grin. "I'll make sure to do that."
Kikyo up to Kagome. "Come on lets go to class."
She nodded and got up from her desk. "Uh huh, what do we got next?"
""Apparently AP Spiritual V... careful though, Midoriko-sensei can be a little strict." Kikyo warned.
Kagome got a look in her eyes and the beginning of a devious smirk came. "Oh really? Well ain't this gonna be a fun class?"
Kikyo stared at her in confusion. Then she felt the decrease of Kagome's aura. Her look became suspicious. "Kagome... what are you planning to do?"
Kagome's smirk became bigger. "Ohh nothin' really, but let's just say Midoriko-sensei is gonna get a little bit confused and a tiny surprise when she see's me in her class."
Kikyo just stared at her before shaking her head. "Whatever, let's just get going."
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
--2nd period; AP Spiritual V--
They were standing in front of the classroom door.
Kikyo turned to Kagome. "Hey before we go in can you promise me something."
Kagome cocked her head. "Uhh sure I guess."
Kikyo gave her a stern stare. "Promise me you're not gonna do anything too drastic in there."
Kagome gave her a 'duh' look. "Well of course I won't... it's only my first day ya know... Shessh I hafta keep people on their toes. I'm not gonna do something so big so soon."
Kikyo sighed. +I should have expected something like this from her.+ She stepped to the door and pulled it open. "Let's just go."
They walked in and Kagome noticed the room was empty. "Uhh Kikyo, are ya sure we got the right classroom cause there ain't nobody else in here."
Kikyo walked over to her desk in the front while answering. "Don't worry we got the right room... this is AP Spiritual V Kago... there was only two people in this class before you came. We're the strongest miko's in the whole school and this is the most advanced class in the school. You, the other person, and I are the only one's qualified to be in this class."
She just gaped at her cousin. "Are you serious? There's only three people in this class?" She went over to the desk to Kikyo's left. She placed her stuff on the ground beside it and sat on top of the desk.
Kikyo nodded.
"Well that's awesome!!... Wait who's this other person?"
Kikyo stared at her. "Did you forget already? The other person is-" She was interrupted by the door slamming open and the bell ringing.
­-BANG-
-Bbrrrinngggg-
They looked towards the door. The person standing in the doorway was... Miroku.
"Hello my beautiful friends!!" he exclaimed.
Kagome slapped herself on the forehead. "Of course, stupid me... I forgot he told me he had this class with us." She turned to Kikyo. "Wait a second... how in the hell could he be in this class?!" yelled in a whisper so Miroku wouldn't hear.
Kikyo just shrugged and turned her attention to Miroku who was walking over to them. "Hello Miroku."
"Yo there" Kagome greeted him.
Miroku made a movement to sit at the desk next to Kagome but decided against it once he saw her warning glare. &Touchy, touchy& He went and sat in the desk to Kikyo's right instead.
“So Kikyo what were you gonna ask me in first?” she inquired.
“Oh I was going to ask you about Sesshomaru.”
Miroku looked at Kagome. “Sesshomaru? Takishi? You know him?”
“Yea I do. So whatta 'bout him?”
Kikyo looked at her for a moment before speaking. “Well when did you guys meet?”
Whatever she thought Kikyo was going to ask, it wasn't that. With a wary look she answered. “Uhmm earlier this morning. I had a little… confrontation… this morning with this one slutty girl. I think her name was Hagura or something… I'm not too sure.”
They looked confused for a moment before a look of realization dawned over them. “Oh do you mean Kagura?” Miroku asked.
Kagome thought for a minute. “Uhh dark hair pulled up in a bun and red eyes? And wears her clothes like a whore?”
Miroku snorted in amusement and Kikyo let out a small laugh before nodding. “Yea that's her… what happened?...” her look turned suspicious. “Did you do something?”
Kagome looked abash. “What me? How could you think I would do anything to start something… I mean this is me!”
Kikyo just stared at her, arms crossed. She snorted. “Exactly my point… it's you we're talking about so this would be expected, especially from you.
She let out a sniffle. “That hurts Kikyo, it really does… coming from my own cousin.” She wiped a fake tear. “You're supposed to be with me not against.” She covered her eyes with her hands and pretended to sob, her shoulders shaking.
Miroku snickered at her.
Kikyo just watched her unbelievably, totally not buying it. “Yes, well you'll get over it… in time. In the meantime just tell me what you did.
Kagome abruptly stopped her `sobbing' and removed her hands from her face. She pouted and mumbled something that sounded suspiciously like `Nobody cares about me'
Kikyo just rolled her eyes at her. “Oh don't get yourself wrong, people care about you, but with your record it's just unlikely for you not do anything to start something… it's hard to believe that's all.”
Kagome glared at her for a minute then shrugged. -It's true enough… I do love to mess with people for the hell of it all of the time.— “Alright, alright, you're right about it being unlikely for me to not start something but I seriously didn't start it this time. I promised uncle that I would try to wait till after homeroom before doing anything. I didn't even do anything to the girl… she's the one who butted in.”
Miroku stared at her in confusion. “Butted in? What do you mean?”
Well after I left the office and Souta went off doing Kami knows what I bumped into somebody.” She paused.
Kikyo motioned her to go on. “Okay… who did you bump into?”
Kagome gave her a sly smirk. “Your boyfriend”
Kikyo and Miroku both looked at her in surprise. “My boyfri- Inuyasha? You met him already?” Kikyo asked.
Kagome nodded. “Yep and let me tell yah it wasn't exactly what you call a happy meeting. We had a rocky start trust me.”
An eyebrow rose. “Rocky start?”
“Uh huh, there was cussin', arguin', and some insults thrown in between.” She grimaced. “Let's just say it was not a pretty sight.”
Kikyo shook her head, sighing. “Yes that's just like Inuyasha, always rash.”
Kagome gave her a sly smirk. “But that's what you love 'bout him isn't it?”
Kikyo smiled. “Yes, that and all of his other endearing and not so endearing qualities.”
Kagome just snickered, along with Miroku. “Yea not so endearing indeed. Well any who, back to what we were talkin' `bout. We were trading insults , him saying `watch were you're going' bastard' and me saying `you're the one who bump into me' and stuff like that when Kagura came in between us basically screeching at Inuyasha not to talk to me like.”
Kikyo furrowed her eyebrow at her. “She defended you? Why? She never does that She the most selfish, uncaring, spoiled bitch I ever had the pleasure of meeting.” She told her, saying the last part sarcastically.
At that Miroku sputtered out in laughter. “Yea you got that right. Why did she do that Kagome-chan?”
Kagome just smirked, chuckling quietly. “She thought I was a guy, and apparently a good looking one at that. Well your boyfriend told her to stay out of it and she went banshee on him, insulting him every chance she got.” She narrowed her eyes, pissed off. “She told him not to talk to her like that or tell her what to do and called him a stinking half-breed--for the love of Kami, chill out Kikyo!”
Kikyo was clenching and unclenching her fists, shaking a little. She frowned, furious. Fury churning in her eyes. “She did that?!” Kikyo did a good impression of a growl. “That fucking bitch!”
Miroku jumped in surprise. Clearly he had never seen this side of Kikyo. Though he understood her reasoning, he was pretty pissed off himself. &Usually I don't speak ill of women but this person is not a woman, she is a utterly disgusting, selfish, uncaring bitch.&
Kagome placed a hand on her shoulder and shook her a little. -Damn it, I hate it when she's like this. She's always so calm but when she seriously pissed she's like a freakin' time bomb waiting to happen.— “Snap outta it! I haven't even got to the worst part and your freakin' out on me.”
Kikyo `growled' again, but louder this time. “Worst part? Please do tell.”
Mirokus fidgeted, a little nervous. &Oh crap...&
She stared at her, wary, before continuing. “Well calm down. I took care of it so don't worry. I saw the way he looked after Kagura insulted him and it got me royally pissed. She even had the gall to try and slap him. I grabbed her hand and shoved her back, my energy spiking when I yelled at her not to insult him…” she chuckled evilly “by the look on her face she was scared shitless trust me… it was priceless.”
Miroku chuckled. “Good job, that Jason look-a-like was in need of a long overdue tell off. Someone needed to tell her that she isn't the prime shit and knock her ass down from her so called throne of 'oh look at me I'm so hot so bow down to me and worship.” (Woo hoo go Miro!! hehe)
Kagome snorted. “Well I'm glad ta have done this school sucha great favor.”
Kikyo smirked. “Normally I wouldn't like this sort of behavior but that heartless slut deserved that and a crap load more.”
She raised an eyebrow at her. “I think you're hanging out with me too much, your cussing, a lot, and that ain't like you.”
Kikyo just shrugged. “Oh well, what's done is done, can't change it.”
She just shook her head. “Ok back to what happened… after I told her that she got all scared and stuttered. She explained that she was only trying to defend me form the, and I quote `vile half-breed' . I told her I could take care of myself and not to call him names like that. She decided to get cocky and stated that that's what he is a quote `a vile, disgusting, unwanted half-breed that doesn't deserve to live. Someone as cute as you shouldn't be treated like that' unquote.” Her eyes were narrowed, remembering earlier that morning.
She scowled. “That just took the cake. I swear I almost zapped that bitch to dust right then and there. I guess my energy spiked again, more so than the last time, and fluffy over there stepped in. he's the one who blew my cover…” she grumbled a few words incoherently.
After Kagome finished Kikyo spaced out thinking of what was just said. +Oh that mother fucking whorey ass slut… One of these days she's going to get what's coming to her. One way or another she will pay.+
Along with Kikyo, Miroku was spaced out as well. &Damn I'm happy I never tried to hit on Kagura or feel her up. Kami that would be like poking a stick at some dead, mutalated animal... disgusting and horrifying in toooo many ways. Her attitude is just as bad.&
Kikyo looked at her cousin who was grumbling about ways to get Sesshomaru back for ruining her fun. +Hmm… I have a feeling that it will happen soon too and the one who will deal it will be Kago-chan. I'd rather it be me but… oh well. It'll be better for her to do it instead; she's gifted for those kinds of things. Knowing her she'll give it her best and more so, especially with how much she dislikes Kagura… yes she'll definitely make it count.+
Kagome finished with her ramblings and stared at Kikyo… who she noticed had a weird… and creepy… look in her eyes. The deviousness in them made her nervous and she fidgeted a little. “Uhmm Kikyo… are ya ok?”
Kikyo's eyes refocused and turned to her startled. “U-Um what?”
She furrowed her eyebrows at her cousin. “I asked if you were ok…are ya?”
Kikyo nodded swiftly “Oh yes I am, gomen for spacing out like that.”
Kagome waved her hand at her. “It's fine but back to the story. Fluffy interrupted me, revealing that I was actually a girl, and that I should calm down unless I wanted to purify every demon in the school. Everybody was surprised, mainly Kagura. Well I wanted to finish this off so I told the whore off like she deserved. I told her that Inuyasha is a living being just like everybody else and has a heart beating in his chest and that he doesn't deserve to be treated like that but like everybody else and left her dumbfounded.” She snickered as she remembered Kagura's face when she told her off.
Both Kikyo and Miroku stared at her with wide eyes.
“You seriously did that?” Miroku asked in awe.
“You really stood up for Inu-kun?” Kikyo asked her softly, gratitude and surprise shining in her eyes.
Kagome cocked her head at them. “Course I did, no one deserves to be treated like that, except for Kagura -and some other choice assholes I know and hate.” She mumbled the last part quietly. “But yah, no one deserves to be ridiculed just because of what they are... they can't help who they have for parents... no one can.”
As Kagome finished her 'speech' Kikyo got up.
“Arigato Kago-chan, you don't know how much that means to me, and to Inuyasha as well. Not many stand up for him, and for you to do it right when you meet him and even after he insulted you is outright amazing. This is why you're my favorite cous', because through all that mischief and trouble making of yours, you're the greatest, kindest person I've ever met.” With that, Kikyo hugged her cousin.
Kagome stared at her, eyes wide with shock. She hugged her back and responded softly. “Awwhh geeze Kiki-chan, you don't havta thank me. But since you did you're welcome, it was my pleasure. And arigato for saying that 'bout me, you're my favorite cousin too, don't you dare forget that.”
After about ten seconds of silence, clapping occurred. It was Miroku. “That was just beautiful you two, just beautiful.” He wiped a fake tear off his face. “Let's have a group hug huh? What about it hmm?” He held his arms out, waiting.
Kagome and Kikyo both gave him blank looks.
Miroku lowered his arms and pouted.
Kagome snorted “Yea right, get real.”
“As if.” Kikyo shot him a scathing look.
Miroku put hands up in a surrender gesture. “All right, all right... you don't have to get mean about it.”
The two cousins roll their eyes at each other before looking at the door when it opened. They sat in their respective desks, staring at the teacher walking in.
“I see I have a new student here.” a soft voice rang out.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
Here's a question for all of you reviewers... Do y'all think the chapters are just dragging? I really feel like I write way too much about one thing. Its just suppose to be like this for Kag's first day though, so after all the introductions are done and you know who's in what class the storyline SHOULD go on much faster Should I cut it down with all the descriptions or what? Tell me what I need to do PLEASE!!
--sigh-- well I guess that's all folks... until next chappy!!
-Yours truly, RainLily