InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Life in Sakura High ❯ Getting to Know Each Other Part III ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone!! I'm soo happy to see that you guys have reviewed!! Thanks sooo much!! XDD
Another thing, half of the next chapter was half of the original chapter 5 I posted awhile back… I wanted to level things out and this is how it was done… I know I didn't write anything new but this is what had to be done so would be able to post my next chappy which will be up once I finish up the reviews and finish the ending.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
Review Responses
Anime4mealways- XD Lol sweet!! Glad to hear you like it soo much!! I love Sesshy's beast too!! It's so fun writing him. Thanks for your review!! =)
Volleygirl07- Awhh thanks!! ^^ I appreciate hearing that!!
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
Disclaimer- Nope, I do NOT own Inuyasha, OR Avril Lavringe's 'Don't Tell Me' BUT I do happen to own this plot, and Siri Hoshiro :D
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
--Kagome—
#Sesshomaru#
(Sesshomaru's Beast)
&Miroku&
+Kikyo+
/Sango/
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
--Getting to Know Each Other Part III--
Last Time:
Miroku put hands up in a surrender gesture. “All right, all right... you don't have to get mean about it.”
The two cousins roll their eyes at each other before looking at the door when it opened. They sat in their respective desks, staring at the teacher walking in.
I see I have a new student here.” a soft voice rang out.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
This time:
Time seemed to stand still as the two mikos stared down at each other. Both eyes looking at the other's intently, as if they could see through the other's soul.
Similar sapphire eyes narrowed at the person they were staring at it. If you looked closely you could see a similarity between the middle-aged woman and teenager. Same blue-black, wavy hair. Same powerfully shocking, sapphire eyes. Same heart-shaped face.
The middle-aged woman spread out her power, reading the aura of the new student's. Eyebrows furrowed, eyes showing their confusion.
“Who are you, why are you in my class, and... are you a miko or a houshi?” the soft, melodious voice asked.
Kagome raised an eyebrow. “My name's Higurashi Kagome, I'm a miko, and as for why I'm in your class, well ask the people in that office, they we're the ones who stuck me here.”
The woman's eyebrow ticked, showing her annoyance. 'Higurashi... Kagome, sounds vaguely familiar.' She strode over to her desk with an air of confidence around her. Picking up a file at her desk, she took a minute and snorted. She looked up at Kagome. “No wonder about your attitude, and I'm not even going to ask about your attire.”
Kagome smirked. “Such wonderful things are said in that file, don'tchya think?... too bad that's only the half of it.”
Eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Half you say? Impressive.” A small smile made itself known.
Kagome grinned before mock bowing. “Anything to please, Midoriko-sensei.”
A quiet laugh rang out, a tinkling sound. “I don't see why you're in my class though. You do not have much of an aura.”
She crossed her arms, her grin growing wider with mischievousness “Not everything is how ya see or feel 'em. Surely a miko like yourself would know that.”
Midoriko's eye's narrowed a bit in thought. “Yes, well you shall prove yourself soon enough...” She walked away from behind her desk and placed up a barrier. A round, illuminating white sphere. “Destroy this barrier. This will determine if you are to be in this class or not.”
Kagome walked up to her, face calm except for the cocky smirk on her face. She felt the power in the barrier. “Are you serious about this? This is easy, child's play even.”
The sensei's eyes narrowed at her.
Miroku stared at Kagome in surprise at her remark. Barely anybody breaks Midoriko's barriers. Sure, he`d done it before, but it was very difficult each time, and became more difficult than the time before, for their sensei always made them stronger. Even with those he knew that they weren't at their full capability.
&Kagome shouldn't be able to come close to breaking this barrier with her aura, so why was she so sure of herself?&
Kikyo looked on half bored and half interested. She knew her cousin could break it, but wondered what Mido-sensei would think once she did. Surprised? Appalled? Well they'd find out soon.
Kagome closed her eyes and focused her powers. A white glow wrapped with tendrils of light blue shined around her.
Midoriko's eyes widen in surprise at the color of the glow. Every line of mikos and houshis has a distinct color to their aura that passes down to each generation. Hers was white glow, Kikyo's; a light blue, and Miroku's; a dark purple.
She studied the barrier, trying to find its weak spots; there were none. She surrounded the barrier with her power and 'squeezed' the barrier, trying to compress it so much that it would burst.
Midoriko's eyes widen even more when she felt her barrier falter sooner than she thought. She put more power into it.
One of Kagome's eyes cracked open when she felt the barrier rise in strength. She channeled more force into taking down the barrier. With a jolt of power the barrier shook and dissipated.
The sensei's eyes narrowed at her student. “Who are you?”
Kagome just cocked an eyebrow at her. “I told you, I'm Hi-gu-ra-shi, Ka-go-me.” she said slowly, as if explaining to a three year old.
An eye twitched. “Of course, who is your mother?”
“Higurashi Kimiko, Kimi for short.”
The sensei stared at her confusedly. “And your father?”
“Takanaku, Kiro”
“Kiro you say? Hmm...that explains everything.”
It was Kagome's turn to look confused. “Say what? What do ya mean by that? Did you know my otou?”
Midoriko chuckled softly. “I mean it explains your looks, your power, and most of all, your attitude. And yes I do know your dad, it would be pretty hard not to, considering he is my brother.”
Her eyes widen in shock, along with Kikyo's and Miroku's. “Holy crap you're my aunt? Whoa wait a sec whaddya mean by attitude?” she blurted out.
Midoriko smiled softly at her niece. “Yes I am, and by attitude, I'm saying your father acted the exact same way, a 'tough prankster' but very honorable. I also heard about your little escapade from this morning. Though, I can tell that your kindness, stubbornness, and short fuse, comes from your mother. Your father talked much about her when they first met.” she laughed lightly.
Kagome just grinned, rubbing the back of her head. “Eh what can ya expect? It's a way of life, my life to be exact.”
Midoriko let out a smirk. “Yes, yes that's true. Oh and dear? You can remove your concealment now. If you are hiding it for the reasons I think you are you don't have to worry. This room is shielded. No one can feel what goes on in here so no one will know how powerful you really are.”
She pouted at her aunt. “Aww shucks. It was so fun too.” she chanted a word and the concealment disappeared. Her aura filled the room.
Miroku stared at Kagome with wide eyes along with Midoriko. He sputtered. “Damn Kagome, you've been hiding that this whole time?!”
Kagome let out smirk, similar to the one Midoriko had earlier. “Yep, surprising ne?”
They both let out a nod. Midoriko studied her. “I thought you were powerful but not this much. Your aura surpasses my own.” Her eyes narrowed in thought. “It might be because both of you're parents were powerful mikos and houshis, but even with that it shouldn't this great.”
Kagome just shrugged. “I don't know, maybe I'm just that special.” she grinned again.
Miroku looked at her curiously. “Why did you hide it in the first place?”
She gave him a mischievous smirk. “Why don'tchya answer him for me Mido-sensei. You said you knew.”
Midoriko gave a blank look. “Let me guess, if your anything like your father, it would be because you just love to scare the hell out of people.”
She now had a silly grin planted on her face. “Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Give the lady a prize.”
“You do it to scare people?” his voice was laced with astonishment.
“Weelll... that's most of the reason. Scaring people is a hobby of mine, never gets old. The plus side in this is that I get to knock people's egos down a few pegs when a 'weak little girl' beats them.” she smiled evilly at him.
Miroku shivered a little. &Note to self, never get on her bad side... very bad for health.&
Midoriko clapped her hands, capturing her three students' attention. “Alrighty you guys, let's get down to business. We already wasted most of this class with all our talking so now let's continue towards your training.”
The three students sat in their seats and listened to their sensei lecture about spiritual powers and control.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
--After Class--
Kagome walked out of the room stretching. “Well that was fun.”
Kikyo raised a delicate eyebrow at her. “Sarcasm gets you nowhere Kagome.”
She stuck her tongue out at her cousin. “Well it gives me the comedic relief I need in life so that's good enough.”
Miroku chuckled at her. “I see you're the optimist”
Kagome gave him a look. “Someone has to be with this pessimist over here.” she jerked her head towards her cousin
Said cousin glared at her. “Hey it's not my fault that I see the reality in things.”
Kagome gave a sweet smile. “Yea well maybe you should see the brighter side in things... that way it won't give ya wrinkles later in life.” she poked Kikyo's forehead before skipping backwards away from them.
“Grr Kagome!! Get back here!” Kikyo yelled out.
She just laughed. “Come and get me then.”
Kikyo started to run towards her, Miroku following after her.
Letting out an 'Eep', Kagome spun around and started to run away. She didn't get very far. She bumped into somebody. With an 'oomph' she started to fall backwards. She put her arms out in front of her face and cringed, waiting for the pain to come when she hit the ground.
It didn't come. She pried an eye open to look around her but all she saw was silver. --Uhh did I die or wha...-- she stopped her thoughts when she saw golden eyes staring at her. She distinctly had the feeling that someone was holding her up, and faintly felt two, suspiciously clawed hands around her waist. She opened the other eye and took a deep breath to calm herself.
She took another look at her surroundings and saw everybody staring at her, included Miroku; who looked surprised, and Kikyo; who looked worried.
She then realized someone was still holding her and looked back at the person. She became startled. “Whoa there... hehe hey Sesshomaru, how's it going?” she asked nervously.
Sesshomaru gave her a blank look. “You know there's a reason why there's a rule stating no running in the halls, right?”
Kagome rubbed the back of his head, grinning silly. “Hehe of course I do... but you know me, I don't like rules so I don't follow em.”
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes at her. “Of course.”
Kikyo walked up to Kagome. “Hey Kago-chan? Me and Miroku have to go to our lockers real quick, we'll meet you at class.”
She nodded. “Alrighty then, cya later.” she said as they walked away.
Sesshomaru also started walked away but in the opposite direction.
“Oi, where ya goin'?” she called out.
He stopped and turned. “I need to go to my locker as well.”
She jogged over and caught up with him. “Well I'll go with ya; I need to get somethin' too.”
He nodded and resumed walking, Kagome following.
“So what class do ya have next Fluffy?”
He glared at her. “Do not call me that. If you must know, I have Music next.”
Kagome glanced up at him. “Really? So do I... hey is the teacher related to ya or something?... you both have the same last name.”
“Yes, she's my step-mother.” he responded.
Kagome stared him, mouth open in a silent 'oh'. “Hmm that's cool... well what do we do in Music?”
Sesshomaru smirked at her and said, “You'll find out for yourself when we get there.”
Kagome pouted at him but shrugged anyways. “Whatever, lets get going and get our stuff.”
He gave her a nod and continued on walking to their lockers.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
-Music-
They stood in front of the double doors, waiting. For what you wonder? Nothing really.
“So”
Kagome looked over at Sesshomaru. “Yeaaa” she drawled out.
“What are we doing just standing here?” Sesshomaru inquired.
Kagome just shrugged. “I dunno.”
Sesshomaru snorted. “Whatever, lets get going.” He walked over to the door and held it open. “Ladies first.” he said mockingly, gesturing towards the entrance.
Kagome didn't budge, just crossed her arms. “Then why aren't you going in?” she questioned innocently.
An eyebrow ticked. He grabbed her arm and shoved her in, gently I may add. “Just go!” he gritted out.
Kagome chuckled and slid out of his grip. “Ok, ok, I'm going, sheesh!”
They walked farther in to the room and stopped in the middle of it. Kagome gaped.
The room was humongous. It was like an auditorium. All around the room it had all kinds of instruments you could think of. There were about 100 chairs aligned in half-circle rows in front of her. The percussion section was behind the chairs. Hell, behind her there was even an average sized stage. There was an office to the left of the stage, and various doors along the walls of the room.
“Daammnnnn.” Kagome whispered.
Sesshomaru smirked at her. “Big isn't it?”
Kagome just nodded.
Sesshomaru chuckled very softly. There was a gasp.
Their heads jerked over to the side only to see a young teenage girl. She had angled brown hair that stopped a little below her shoulder, with some of her hair gathered into a side ponytail. Brown wide eyes were staring at them.
“Fluffy-sama chuckled!” the girl's voice was laced with awe and confusion.
Kagome threw her hands up in exasperation. “Why is that such a big deal?!”
The girl just gaped at her. “Excuse me? Him,” she pointed at Sesshomaru. “Laughing, smiling, or showing any type of emotion with the exception of irritation or annoyance towards someone is abig deal, a very big deal... trust me. I've never seen him show anything to anybody other than to myself or his mother.”
Kagome just blinked before furrowed her eyebrows. “And who are you?”
The girl gave her a grin. “My name is Rin, Sesshomaru's adopted sister.”
At that Sesshomaru walked over to his little sister and patted her on the head. “Rin, why don't you go and see if Mother has agreed to my proposition or not. Please.” he asked, giving her a ghost of a smile.
Rin nodded. “Alright Sesshy-sama, I'll be back soon.” She turned and started skipping towards the office.
Kagome chuckled. “How old is she exactly? And what proposition.”
“She's 15 but she's a sophomore... she skipped a grade. And the proposition, well you'll find out about it later.” he ended with a smirk.
Kagome just pouted. “Awhh that's no fun.”
“Not for you it isn't but it is for me.”
Kagome was about to retort until Rin came back.
“Okaa-chan said she agrees and will do it once she comes out and class starts.”
Sesshomaru nodded. “Thank you Rin... you can go over to your friends now if you like.”
Rin grinned at him. “Ok! Talk to yah later.” With that she walked over to a group of chairs gathered into a little circle. They seem to be filled with sophomores and seniors.
Kagome's eyes followed Rin. “Hey! There's my brother! I didn't know he was in this class! And everybody else is here too!!”
Sesshomaru just shook his head at her, before smirking again. “So what were you about to say before?”
Kagome turned back around and saw his smirk. She scowled before sticking her tongue out at him and turning back swiftly and walked away towards her brothers and friends.
Sesshomaru just chuckled lightly again before turning himself and heading towards his mother's office.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
After leaving Sesshomaru, Kagome walked up behind her little brother. Reaching closer to him, Kagome started walking more quietly. Souta was talking this one girl across from him; sitting next to Sango... she had blond hair with black streaks and had pretty red eyes.
On the girls other side was Kikyo, with Inuyasha sitting beside her with his arm around her waist. Miroku was sitting next to Sango.
Rin sat next to Miroku, and a sophomore boy who looked familiar to Sango, sat beside her. He had brown hair and eyes like Sango, but freckles dotted across his face. His hair was in pulled back in a short ponytail.
Souta sat next to the boy, and another sophomore girl who had her back to her sat next to him. From all Kagome could see the girl had her silver colored hair pulled back into a braid, and she could faintly see streaks of gold and red throughout it.
A sophomore boy sat next to her, holding her hand. The boy had fiery red hair pulled into a very short ponytail. She saw that he had emerald eyes.
While sneaking up Kagome saw Inuyasha looking up and started staring at her weirdly.
Kagome just smirked before putting her finger on her lips, gesturing him to stay quiet.
This time he just raised an eyebrow at her before shrugging and going back to listen to the conversation.
By the time she reached Souta, Kikyo, Sango, Miroku, and the blond girl noticed her. They were all staring at her like she had two heads.
Souta noticed their stare and thought they were staring at him. He looked very confused. “What are you guys staring at? Is their something on my face?”
The blond girl was about to say something but Kagome interrupted her by 'attacking' her brother.
Kagome put Souta in a headlock and gave him a noogie while shouting out. “Heya there Squirt!!”
Souta let out a strangled 'GAH!' and started to struggle out of her hold, eyes basically popping out of their sockets.
The blond girl stood up, indigent, while everybody else was snickering, including Kagome who was laughing her ass off. “Hey! Stop that! Let him go!”
Kagome stopped laughing in a snap and stiffened. She turned her icy yet curious blue eyes towards the girl, while still holding Souta in a headlock. “Excuse me? Did you just tell me what to do?” She let go of Souta and stood beside him while he rubbed his neck and glared at her. She smiled sweetly at him. She looked back at the girl, waiting for her answer.
The girl was nervous before but when she saw the smile Kagome gave Souta she her confidence and anger rose a bit. “Y-yes I did.”
Kagome's eyes narrowed at her, annoyance shining clearly. She cracked her knuckles.
By now, Souta stopped glaring and was looking between the two girls frantically.
The girl flinched a bit when she heard Kagome's knuckles crack, but her resolve stood.
Kagome, after noticing Souta's frantic looks, smirked, realization taking over in her eyes. She snorted. She turned now warmed eyes upon the girl and let her fists fall to her sides. “Soo what's your name?” she asked politely.
The girl's eyes widen in surprise before shifting to look at Souta warily. “Uhhm Kirara... Takamara Kirara.”
Kagome's eyes narrowed in thought before turning to look at Sango.
Sango interpreted her unspoken question and answered. “She's my cousin.”
Kagome's mouth opened her mouth in a silent 'Ohh' before looking back to study Kirara, who fidgeted under her stare.
Kagome turned back to Sango and rubbed the back of her head. “She looks nothing like you... and she's a demon.” she stated, a little confused.
Sango just shrugged. “Second cousin twice removed... we're still close though and she lives with us.”
“Us?”
Sango pointed over to the boy sitting next to Souta. “Kohaku... my brother.”
Kagome turned to look at him, and gave a small wave. “Yo, nice to meet ya.”
Kohaku smiled at her timidly, a little shy. “Likewise”
Kagome smiled back before turning to look at Kirara again. After an awkward silence for a minute she turned back to her brother and patted his shoulder. “I like her... I approve, good choice.”
Souta choked a bit, wide eyes staring at her, and a faint blush across his face.
Kirara understood Kagome and gaped at her, eyes similar to Souta's and a pretty shade of red painted on her cheeks.
Kagome just smirked before walking up to Kirara. She held out her hand. “I'm Higurashi Kagome, Souta's lovable big sister.” Her smirk turned to a grin.
Kirara shakily held out her hand and shook.
When Souta heard Kagome say 'lovable big sister' he snorted, and quite loudly too. “That's a lie and you know it.”
Kagome's grin turned into a scowl, and she whipped her head to look at her brother. She strode over to him and put him back into the headlock. “You wanna say that again?”
Souta struggled but managed to shake his head.
Kagome smiled at him, evilly. “Now who's your lovable big sister, huh?”
“Ou ar, a-me” Souta mumbled out.
She snickered before letting her brother go and patting his head. “Good boy Souta.”
Souta glared at her but kept his mouth shut.
Kagome looked to the two people she didn't know yet. She cocked her head. “Hey there you two, you already know who I am, so you are...?”
The red head spoke first. “Hey, I'm Kitashi Shippo.” he greeted in a cheery voice.
The silver haired girl spoke in a soft voice. “Hi, I'm Siri Hoshiro.”
She nodded to both of them “Shippo, Siri, nice to meet yah.”
Kagome grabbed a chair and dragged it over to Souta. “Hey Kirara, why don't we switch seat so you sit next to my brother... I don't think I'd safe if I did.” she chuckled.
Kirara looked at her shyly, her eyes showed her thanks. “Alright, if you're sure.”
After both girls sat down they started talking until the teacher came out and was ready to start class.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
A young woman who looked to be in her mid twenties walked out of the office, Sesshomaru trailing behind her. She had long, straight, black hair down to her butt, and violet eyes. She looked very pretty. She spoke clear, graceful voice “Ok class, things are going to go differently today. First off I want to introduce a transfer student. Will Higurashi Kagome please stand up and introduce herself?”
Kagome stood up. “Hey everyone one... you already heard my name and I transferred to here from Chikoto High. I don't feel like saying anything else so that's all.” she sat back down.
The teacher, Taki-sensei, let out a small, pleasant laugh. “Thank you Kagome. Ok, I want every senior girl's attention. My son, Sesshomaru has a band but they need a lead singer. I've decided to let them have their try outs this period, and they have to pick someone today. Whoever is the best singer gets the spot. Please come to me if you want to try out and I'll sign you up while the band sets up. After they are done I will call your names. Thank you.” She walked over to her office to get the sign up sheet while about 10 girls followed her.
Kagome looked over to Inuyasha. “Band? Sesshomaru has a band?”
Inuyasha nodded. “Yep, he's started it almost two years ago. And since I'm in it as well, I gotta help with setup... c'mon Miroku let's get going.” Inuyasha said, getting out of his seat and going over to Miroku and grabbing him. “We'll be back soon.” and with that he started dragging a struggling Miroku.
“I-Inuyasha! Stop and let me go!” Miroku sputtered out.
They all chuckled at them.
The rest of the guys stood up. Shippo spoke. “We should probably help them. Siri? Kirara? Rin? Do you guys wanna come?”
The three mentioned girls stood up. “Sure” they chorused. At that they all left.
Kagome looked side to side at Kikyo and Sango. “So are you guys going to try out?”
Kikyo shook her head. “No we can't.”
Kagome looked at her confused. “Why not?”
Sango answered her. “Cause we're already in the band.”
“Whoa, you guys are in the band?!” She looks at Kikyo. “You never told me that!”
Kikyo just shrugged. “It never came up.”
Kagome sweatdropped and gave her a blank look.
“What about you Kagome? Are you gonna try out?” Sango asked.
“Who? Me?” Kagome scoffs. “Yea right, it'll be a cold day in hell before I do that. I hate crowds, plus I'm not that good any way.” She looked a little uncomfortable with the subject.
Kikyo stared at her incredulously “You're kidding right? You're the best singer I've ever heard. You always loved to sing but you stopped when...” she trailed off, realization clouding her eyes “... ever since your father died. Is that why you stop?”
She looked at her cousin with sad eyes before looking away. She nodded.
Kago-chan you know he wouldn't want you to do that. He loved it when you sang, he loved you. He would hate to be the cause of you not doing something you loved. You should know that.” Kikyo reasoned with her.
Kagome turned back to her. “But Kiki-chan... my love and will for singing died with him, I don't think I could sing in front of anybody again.
Kikyo smiled at her and nodded. She got up. “Hey I'll be right back.”
They both nodded and Kikyo left while Sango comforted Kagome.
Kikyo walked over to Taki-sensei. “Hey Iza-chan? May I see the sign-up sheet?”
“Well of course hon, anything for my future daughter-in-law.” Iza-chan said, grinning at her.
A faint 'Moommmm!!' could be heard.
Iza-chan turned to look over to one of her sons by the stage. “It's the truth Inu-chan, and you know it!” she shouted out.
A groan.
Kikyo chuckled softly, blushing.
Izayoi turned back to Kikyo, grin still in place.” May I ask why you need it? You're already in the band.”
“Oh it's for my cousin... she's the best singer I've ever heard, but she stopped singing ever since her father died five years ago. Singing was her life before, she adored it. I just want to help and get her back to doing what she loves.”
Iza-chan's grin turned to a soft smile “That's so sweet of you to do. I'll let her try out, but it's up to Sessho-chan to choose her.”
Kikyo nodded. “That's ok. Even if she doesn't get the spot, maybe... hopefully she'll realize that just because her father died, doesn't mean she has to stop singing.”
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
Taki-sensei walked up the front of the stage and clears her throat. The class started to quiet down. “Alright everyone, the band is done setting up and sign ups are over. After the band introduces themselves I'll start calling names.” She turned to Sesshomaru who held a guitar at the left of the stage. “Sesshomaru... if you will?”
Sesshomaru nodded. “Thank you mother.” A series of 'awwws' sounded out in the room. Sesshomaru squint his nose in distaste. “Going back to the point,” he stated with a cold voice. “First off the band needs to be introduced. You obviously already know who I am so I am not going to repeat it. This is my band and the name is 'The Dark Enchantment'. I am the lead guitarist, the lyricist, and now I'm one of the back up singers instead of the lead.“ He turns to the right to look at Inuyasha and narrows his eyes.
While Sesshomaru was speaking Inuyasha took the opportunity to take a little nap. He was leaning against his mic, his hands wrapped around it and his head using his arms as a pillow. His own guitar was strapped to him but was floating in the air. It swung a little each time he took a breath.
Kagome snickered at Inuyasha, which turned to full blown laughter when she actually heard him snoring.
Kikyo, who already on stage, was shaking her head at the antics of her boyfriend.
Sango and Miroku took a look at Inuyasha before glancing at each other. They start to snicker themselves.
Taki-sensei giggled softly at her son.
Sesshomaru's left eye twitched, once... twice... three times before he started to growl. He marched up to his brother- oops sorry I mean half-brother- and flicked his ear. Inuyasha jumped up, disoriented, confused, and a little scared. “O-oi!!” he looked at Sesshomaru. His eyes narrow angrily. “What the fu-frick you bastard.” he changed his wording when he noticed his mother still in the room.
Said person narrowed her eyes in warning.
Inuyasha chuckled sheepishly.
Sesshomaru shook his head, muttering a couple of words that sounded like 'idiot' and 'stupid'. He composed himself. “Introduce yourself you imbecile.” he growled out before walking over to his previous place.
Inuyasha looked at him confused. “Wha-What.” He turned his head to see everybody else in the class staring at him and snickering. He at least had the decency to blush and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. “Oi! The names Takishi Inuyasha and I'm the bass guitar player in 'The Dark Enchantment'.
Miroku spoke next. “Yo there everyone!! I'm Hsyuno Miroku and yours truly here is the drummer of this band.” He grinned.
Sango rolled her eyes but spoke afterwards. “Hi guys, I'm Takamara Sango and I'm the other backup singer and one of the music composers of the band.”
Kikyo was the last one to speak. “Hello everybody, I'm Higurashi Kikyo and I play the keyboard and I'm also the other music composer.” she stated calmly.
Sesshomaru spoke again. “Alright then, now that the introductions are done I will tell you instructions. There are fifteen of you girls who will be trying out. You will pick out the song you want to sing and tell us when you get called. The best singer will win. That's all... mother?”
Taki-sensei nodded and started calling the names.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
After calling most of the names, Taki-sensei called a girl Kagome recognized from earlier.
“Ok will Nakasara Yura.”
The girl Kagome recognized was one of the 'sluts' she saw this morning. She seemed to be a demon from her red eyes and longish nails.
The 'Class B Slut' walked over up to the middle of the stage, passing Sesshomaru. As she passed him she tried to sway her hips to look sexy or seductive, but failed miserably as Sesshomaru pinched his nose in disgust. With an 'hmph' she stopped and walked normally to the microphone and spoke in an irritating, and overly preppy and cherry, voice. “Okay everyone! Uhmm I'm like going to like sing 'Barbie Girl' for my like try out for you today.” (AN: Disclaimer- Me no own that song... thank god)
That statement got a flurry of negative responses.
Sesshomaru just grimaced.
Inuyasha and Miroku gagged, while Sango and Kikyo gaped at Yura.
Kagome..., well Kagome had the best response of all. She gaped while grimacing before gagging. “Oh dear Kami I think I'm going to puke!” she shouted. “Where's the trash can?!” she started to looked around frantically.
Everyone heard her and started to either snicker or chuckle... even Sesshomaru and Taki-sensei. The only people who didn't were Yura, who looked utterly confused, and Kagura who Kagome just noticed was in this class. The 'Class A Slut' looked a little pissed at what she said but didn't say anything.
Taki-sensei, trying to contain her laughter, spoke. “O-okay, lets just let the girl sing her song alright?”
Everyone quieted down and Sesshomaru sighed. “Alright, let's get this over with.”
They started to play and Sesshomaru groaned softly before starting off in bored tone.
'Sesshomaru'
'Yura'
'Barbie Girl'
Hi Barbie'
Yura spoke in a very, all too cheery voice. “Hi Ken”
Do you wanna go for a ride?” Sesshomaru's voice now sounded disgusted.
“Sure Ken”
“I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie Wo-orld. Life in plastic, it's fantastic. You can brush my hair, undre-”
“UGHHH STOP IT, Stop playing, stop the horrendous singing!!”
Everyone gaped at the person who yelled, astonished and some even fearful.
It was Sesshomaru who shouted, and he was taking deep breathes to calm himself.
The silence was broken when someone clapped. It was Kagome. “Bravo! Bravo!! You just saved everyone from 5 minutes of pure hellish horror. Thank you!!” she started to bow at him.
Inuyasha snickered, along with Miroku, the girls just smiled.
Sesshomaru, who had calmed down, smirked at her. He looked at Yura and a scowl replaced his smirk.” You're done Yura... please get off the stage and mother!! Please, for the love of Kami call the next name.”
Yura pouted but got off.
Taki-sensei laughed nervously but called the next name. “Will Sukimakaze Kagura come up?”
Kagura stood up and strode over to the middle mic in the stage confidently. She looked over at Sesshomaru and batted her eyelashes. In return he turned his nose up in the air and ignored her. Frowning she spoke. “For my audition, I'll be singing 'Toxic' by Britney Spears... prepare to be stunned.” (AN: Disclaimer-Me no own this one either, again thank god)
Kagome snorted, loud enough for Kagura and everybody to hear.
Kagura glared while everyone smirked.
The band started playing.
'Kagura'
'Sango'
'Both'
'Toxic'
“Baby, can't you see
I'm calling
A guy like you
Should wear a warning
It's dangerous
I'm fallin'”
“There's no escape
I can't wait
I need a hit
Baby, give me it
You're dangerous
I'm lovin' it”
Too high
Can't come down
Losing my head
Spinning `round and `round
Do you feel me now”
With a taste of your lips
I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slipping under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic
And I love what you do
Don't you know that you're toxic”
“It's getting late
To give you up
I took a sip
From my devil's cup
Slowly
It's taking over me”
Too high
Can't come down
It's in the air
And it's all around
Can you feel me now”
With a taste of your lips
I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slipping under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic
And I love what you do
Don't you know that you're toxic”
Don't you know that you're toxic
x2
With a taste of your lips
I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slipping under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic”
Intoxicate me now
With your lovin' now
I think I'm ready now

I think I'm ready now
Intoxicate me now
With your lovin' now
I think I'm ready now
Everybody stared at her. No one clapped or cheered. Kagome started booing. Her brother and his friends joined her.
“You sucked!! Get off the stage!!” Kagome shouted.
Kagura glared at her again but turned to Sesshomaru. “Well Sessho-kun? What do you think? I'm good aren't I?” she pouted and blinked wide eyes, trying but not succeeding to look innocent and cutesy. She just looked ugly and plain disgusting.
Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at her. “Don't call me that name again if you know what's good for you. And no, quite the opposite. Kagome's right, you do suck, your voice was off key in many parts and you sing very nasally. But,”
Kagura's eyes turned hopeful. “But...?”
“But sadly and definitely surprisingly, you are the best we've heard so far.”
“So I get the spot?! Kagura yelled excitedly.
What?!” Everyone in the band and Kagome yelled.
“Are you freakin' nuts?!” Kagome shouted at him.
Sesshomaru turned to look at her calmly before sighing and turning back to Kagura. “Not so fast. We haven't finished auditions yet, there is still one more person who hasn't tried out yet... you're only the fourteenth to have done so.”
Kagura smirked at Kagome while speaking to Sesshomaru. “So the spots basically mine then?”
Kagome smirked back at her. She crossed her arms, sat down in her chair, and spoke for Sesshomaru. “Not if this person is better than you.”
Kagura frowned.
Sesshomaru agreed. “That is correct, Mother can you call the last name please?”
As Kagura walked off the stage, Taki-sensei called out the last name. “With pleasure sweetheart. Will Higurashi Kagome please come up on stage?
Everyone's eyes widen, including Sesshomaru who stared at her. Kagome's own eyes widen to the size of saucers. “Wwhaaaaaaatttt!? Kagome screeched.
Sesshomaru winced. “You sing?” he inquired curiously.
Kagura laughed. “Ha! The spots mine now. As if you can beat me.”
Kagome's fingers twitched but she clenched her fist and ignored Kagura. She looked at Sesshomaru and answered. “I used to.” She declared before turning to Taki-sensei. “But I didn't sign up to audition!”
A calm voice rang out. “No, but I did it for you.”
Kagome whipped around and looked up to a person on the stage. “Kikyo? I already told you it would be a cold day in hell before I auditioned!! So why did you still sign me up?!”
Kikyo walked off the stage and over to Kagome. She grabbed her cousin's arm and pulled her to the side. Sango walked over as well.
Kikyo spoke first. “Kagome, I did this for you. You need to sing.”
Kagome didn't say anything.
Sango tried next. “Please Kagomeee,” she begged. “We don't want Kagura in the band, you're our only hope.”
Kagome glanced at her. “Guys, I already told you I don't want to sing.” she told them
Kikyo tried again. “Please Kagome, you know how much I hate Kagura, and she sucks! You are so much better.”
Kagome just looked down at the ground.
Kikyo and Sango didn't know what else they could say.
While they were talking Sesshomaru walked up behind Kagome. He gets the two girls attention and gestures them to go back to the stage and that he'll handle this.
They both stare at him before Sango leaves. Kikyo stayed a little longer, silently warning him before following.
Sesshomaru tapped Kagome's shoulder lightly, calling her name. “Kagome?” he said softly
Kagome tenses before turning around. “Hi” she whispers. She was still looking at the ground.
“What's wrong?” Sesshomaru asks, trying to get her to talk.
Kagome glances up at him before looking away again. “Sango and Kikyo want me to sing, but I told them I don't wanna...” she trailed off.
Sesshomaru furrowed his eyebrows. “What? Why do you not want to sing?”
She peers up at him. “I haven't sung ever since my Otou died.”
Sesshomaru's eyes softened “Do you wanna know something?”
Kagome just nods her head.
Sesshomaru continued. “I know how it's like to lose a parent. But it doesn't mean you should stop doing the one thing you love to do because of it, your father wouldn't want that for his daughter, no father would. You're going to make him feel guilty Kagome, do you really want that?”
“No, no I don't.” Kagome murmured... she lowered her head, to hide the tear sliding down her cheek.
Using a clawed finger, Sesshomaru reached under her chin and tilted her head up. He smiled softly and wiped tear gently off her face.
“So will you sing? Please? For your cousin? For your father? For me?”
Kagome looked at him intently, searching, before nodding in agreement. “Alright.”
Sesshomaru walked over on the stage, to the middle mic. “Alright, there will be another tryout, so Kagura?”
She looks up at him.
Sesshomaru smirked. “You haven't won yet.”
Kagura gaped at him before turning her head.
Sesshomaru's smirk widened before speaking again. “Kagome, please come up and tell us your song.” With that he walked over to his spot and picked up his guitar.
Kagome walked up to the mic, a little nervous. “Well I'm going to sing a song me and my Otou sang when I was younger... you wouldn't have heard of it but it means a lot to me.” She looks at Sesshomaru pleadingly.
He gave her a small smile. “You can sing it but you have to sing another song to show us how broadly you can sing.”
Kagome nodded. “That's fine with me. Now for this song I only need a guitarist, drummer and the pianist. Kikyo?”
Kikyo looked over to her. “Hmm?”
“You remember the song right? The one where we always switched off every verse?”
Kikyo smiled softly at her cousin. “Of course... are you sure you want to sing that?”
Kagome grinned at her. “Definitely.” She looked over at Miroku. “Can you improvise and give me a beat at the chorus? Slow and soft please?”
Miroku gives her a nod. “You got it”
Kagome turned to Sesshomaru “Can you do the same? But after the first line?”
Sesshomaru gives her a nod as well. “At your lead.”
Before Kagome could give Kikyo the cue to start a shout interrupted her.
“Good luck sis!! You can do it!!”
Kagome smiles softly at Souta. “Thanks little brother.” she whispers into the microphone. She cues for Kikyo to start. Soft notes fill the room.
'Whenever You Remember' By Carrie Underwood
(AN: Me no own this either... but this one I really wish I did :'(.)
'Kagome'
Ohhhhh”
When you look back on times we had (Sesshomaru comes in, playing softly.)
I hope you smile
And know that through the good and through the bad
I was on your side when nobody could hold us down
We claimed the brightest star
And we, we came so far
And no they won't forget
Flashback:
-You see a young, four year old Kagome and an older man who had the same hair and eyes. They were lying on the grass at the shrine at night. Kagome could be seen pointing at the stars and laughing while sitting on the older mans chest being held. The man laughed with her. He was her father, Kiro.-
Kagome's eyes started to water.
Chorus
(Miroku starts to play.)
Whenever you remember times gone by
Remember how we held our heads so high
When all this world was there for us
And we believed that we could touch the sky
Whenever you remember, I'll be there
Remember how we reached that dream together
Whenever you remember
Another Flashback:
-This time a six year old Kagome was training archery. She held her bow taut with an arrow pointed at a target, twenty feet away from her. She let go and an arrow surrounded by a white glow with blue tendrils flew... and hit the bull's eye. Kagome dropped the bow and ran over to her father who was five feet behind her.
Her father picked her up off the ground and twirled her around. Once he set her down Kagome punched her fist in the air and a white and blue bolt shot out of her fist. Kagome and Kiro both gaped.
That was the day she first shot a bulls eye and discovered how powerful she could really be.-
A tear escaped their imprisonment and made its way down her cheek.
Sesshomaru saw and watched her with sad eyes.
When you think back on all we've done
I hope you're proud
When you look back and see how far we've come
It was our time to shine
And nobody could hold us down
They thought they'd see us fall
But we, we stood so tall
And no we won't forget
Third Flashback:
-They were at a tournament. Her Okaa and Ototou were sitting at the sidelines, watching, cheering for her. Her otou was by the edge of the mat, watching her worried but proud. This was the last fight. She was only eight but she made it to the finals of a tournament that allowed kids ages 8-14, males and females included. Her opponent was a fourteen year old boy twice her size.
After fifteen minutes of fighting only one of the two was exhausted, and it wasn't Kagome. She was calm and in a comfortable stance. She was just warming up. The boy charged at her and sent a fist to her side. She dodged. Feeling the rush run through her, Kagome jumped and flipped over her opponent. The boy turned around to face her surprised.
Using that distraction, Kagome back flips to the ground and does a handspring to push off the ground and she spun, her left leg swinging till it hit the boys jaw, knocking him out. Kagome lands, crouching, before getting up and dusting herself off. The referee comes to the mat, grabs her hand, and pulls it up; the man's other hand holding the gold trophy she won.
Her opponent's father, along with all of the other fathers of the kids she fought glared at her, most them either astonished, disappointed, or angry. Her father jogged over to her and grabs her, lifting her up and placing her on his shoulder. He congratulates her, telling her she did a great job and that he was proud.
She grins down at him.-
Another tear cascades down her other cheek... Kagome tried blinking them away.

Whenever you remember times gone by
Remember how we held our heads so high
When all this world was there for us
And we believed that we could touch the sky
Whenever you remember, I'll be there
Remember how we reached that dream together
Whenever you remember
Fourth Flashback
-He was teaching her about the company. She was only eleven years old but she took to it quickly. Papers were spread all over the table. She was reading about the stocks when she took a sip of her juice through a straw. She got an idea and grinned toothily.
Kiro was looking over some important trade documents when he felt something wet and small hit the side of his face. He reached up and wiped at the spot. He looked at his hand and snorted. In his hand was a spit wad made of office envelope. “Ka-go-mee...” he mock growled, turning to look at her.
She was still grinning and didn't even bother to hide the straw she had in her right hand. She laughed.
Kiro mocked growled again before setting the important papers down and getting up to leap at her.
Kagome let out an 'Eep' before she started to run away.
Kiro let out a hearty laugh before chasing after his daughter.
It wasn't long before he caught her and started tickling her.
Joyful laughter echoed throughout the shrine.
Just because she was smart and took to the company business, doesn't mean she didn't get bored easily.-
Souta saw his sister's tears and listened to her heartfelt singing. He knew that out of the whole family, she took their father death the hardest. They had some kind of special bond between them.

Yeah, Oh
We claimed the brightest star
And we, we came so far
You know that we, we showed them all
And no they won't forget
Fifth Flashback:
-She was thirteen and at his funeral, standing before his coffin. He was gone, selfishly taken away from her. And she knew who did it. Menacing orange slits for eyes were etched into her memory. The tall, lanky, figure and it's arm held in the air, holding the weapon, the cause of death, sketched like a drawing and stored. The vision, the feeling, the smell of blood forever imprinted in her mind. The dark, sinister laughter, recorded and placed for her to remember always. All of it to be replayed over and over in her dreams.
But a mistake was made. She was thought to be knocked out, thought to have not witness anything. But she was awake, yet stunned, paralyzed into place, unable to do anything except watch. She knew this person, she was closewith this person, hewas like brothers with this person.
Another mistake was made as well. This person killed himfor the money, the power, and the company. But what he didn't know was that it was all left to her instead of himself. His chance for all that was gone, and hewas killed for nothing.
This person was in the same room with her, with him. This person was living under a lie, playing a facade, the grieving close friend. This person was trusted by her and by him. That trust was broken. And now that person will die... and hewill get the revenge he deserves, theywill get the revenge they deserve. One way or another... sooner or later... this person willpay.
She looked at his serene face and spoke. “I promise daddy, I will be strong and will not let anyone by me. I promise otou-chan, I will kill him so he won't hurt anybody else. ” No one heard the girl's promise, for she had spoken too softly.--

Yeah
Whenever you remember times gone by
Remember how we held our heads so high
When all this world was there for us
And we believed that we could touch the sky
Whenever you remember, I'll be there
Remember how we reached that dream together
Whenever you remember

Last Flashback:
-After she was done singing a song dedicated to him they went and buried him. She was now at his grave, crouching down, a dozen of white and red roses clutched in her hand. Her other hand runs over the tombstone, over the words.
Takanaku, Kiro
A loving husband, a wonderful friend, and a doting, devoted father.
May he rest in peace for eternity.
She remembered her Otou's last words.
G-goodbye Kagome... I-I will for-forever love you a-and be... be proud of you... Be strong my little one, for your... mother, your b-brother and the rest of your family... Do not let anyone knock you down and destroy you... give everyone my love... I-I'll miss you... my angel... my Kagi-chan”

--I love you otou-chan... Ill miss you too--
That day was the last day she ever sang until five years later.-

Whenever you remember
Oh, whenever you remember
A few more tears ran down her face before she wiped them away and smiled.
Everyone clapped, cheered, whistled, and everything else you can think of. Kikyo walked over to Kagome and hugged. “You did great Kago-chan.”
Souta was also cheering for Kagome, and loudly too. “Woo hoo!! Go Kagome!!”
Kagome looked at Sesshomaru. He gave her a small smile and nodded.
Kagome laughed before speaking into the microphone. “Okay, enough of this cry fest!! Here's a song I know and love... it's a song that represents who I am when it comes to guys.” she gave them a silly grin. “The song I'm going to sing is Avril Lavringe's 'Don't Tell Me'!”
The whole band chuckled, Souta included. The music started.
Avril Lavringe 'Don't Tell Me'
'Kagome'
'Sango'
'Both'
You held my hand and walked me home, I know
Why you gave me that kiss it was something like this it made me go ooh ohh
You wiped my tears, got rid of all my fears, why did you have to go?
Guess it wasn't enough to take up some of my love
Guys are so hard to trust
Did I not tell you that I'm not like that girl?
The one who gives it all away, yeah
Chorus:
Did you think that I was gonna give it up to you,
this time?
Did you think that it was somethin' I was gonna do
and cry?
Don't try to tell me what to do,
Don't try to tell me what to say,
You're better off that way

Don't think that your charm and the fact that your arm is now around my neck
Will get you in my pants I'll have to kick your ass and make you never forget
I'm gonna ask you to stop, thought I liked you a lot, but I'm really upset
(really upset)
Get out of my head get off of my bed yeah thats what I said
Did I not tell you that I'm not like that girl, the one who, throws it all away

Did you think that I was gonna give it up to you,
this time?
Did you think that it was somethin' I was gonna do
and cry?
Don't try to tell me what to do,
Don't try to tell me what to say,
You're better off that way
This guilt trip that you put me on won't, mess me up I've done no wrong
Any thoughts of you and me have gone
away

Did you think that I was gonna give it up to you,
this time?
Did you think that it was somethin' I was gonna do
and cry?
Don't try to tell me what to do,
Don't try to tell me what to say,
You're better off that way
Better off that way
I'm better off alone anyway
The music started to fade.
Everyone was astonished and they just stared at Kagome. Taki-sensei started clapping, and was followed by everyone else except for a jealous Kagura and a stupefied Yura.
Sesshomaru stared at Kagome
(Damn, that girl is great.)
#I second that. Her voice was perfect, so in tune. Her voice wasn't too high in the beginning or too raspy when she was shouting in the chorus. It was just right and sounded beautiful.#
Sesshomaru grabbed Kagome's wrist and lead her to his mother's office, motioning said person to follow.
Once they were in Taki-sensei spoke.
“Oh my, you were just wonderful Kagome!” Takishi-sensei exclaimed.
She smiled at her. “Thank you Takishi-sensei.” she responded sincerely.
Both of them turned to look at Sesshomaru expectantly. “Well Sessho-kun, what do you think?” his mother asked.
“I don't know what to say.” Sesshomaru said surprised.
Kagome grinned at him. “I have that affect on people.”
Sesshomaru chuckled. “I wouldn't doubt it... but one thing for sure is...” he paused for dramatic effect.
“Yes...?” Kagome inquired.
Sesshomaru stared directly into her eyes and smirked. “You're in the band.”
Kagome's grin became wider. She ran up to Sesshomaru and hugged him. “Thank you!!” she looked up at him, compassionate sapphire eyes shining. “Not only for letting me into the band, but for convincing me to sing...I really couldn't have done it without you, Sesshomaru.” She laid her head on his chest and whispered “Thank you”
Sesshomaru, letting his guard down, hugged her back, and placed his chin on the crown of her head. “You are welcome Kagome, it was my pleasure.” he whispered back.
Taki-sensei mentally 'Awwwhh'ed at the scene, being careful not to interrupt. She walked out of the room so quietly not even Sesshomaru heard her. The last thing she thought was 'They are so right for each other... they would make a wonderful couple... Oh! And just adorable grand-babies too!!” She disappeared, still thinking about grandchildren and what they would look like.
--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;- -;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--;--
Well I really hoped you guys enjoyed reading this newly revised chapter. Also thank you soo much for all of you who gave me advice… I seriously appreciated it.
Till next time,
RainLily13
ALSO REVIEW PLEASE!! I LOVE READING THEM!! THEY MAKE ME WANNA WRITE MORE!! XD