InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Life in Sakura High ❯ Trick ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Soooo, good news - I'm not dead lol.
Yay?
Lmaoo, sorry if it seemed like that. I never meant to leave the story for so long. Pleaseee, forgive me? 'pouts'
I hit a block, and in the meantime I read through this chapter thousands of times. So this one should have pretty good grammar and spelling lol. There's a plus lol.
Anyways, I'll let you all go ahead and read.
So, like always,
Read, Review, AND Enjoy ;))
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
IMPORTANT NOTE: I am in desperate need for a beta for this fic. If any of you are interested, I'd be sooo grateful!! XD I need a person to be my sounding board and to check over my crappy grammar and spelling ^^
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--A Miko's Life in Sakura High—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer: Y'all should have this drilled into your head by now… I never have and never ever will own Inuyasha… a sad perspective I've came to realize :'/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-Kagome—
 
#Sesshomaru#
 
(Sesshomaru's Beast)
 
:Inuyasha:
 
&Miroku&
 
//Onigumo//
 
+Kikyo+
 
/Sango/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
Kagome looked down at the photo in her grasp, and snickered as her eyes landed on the sight of Inuyasha in his bed, clutching at a cute whittle teddy bear as he sucked his thumb and slumbered peacefully.
--Ahh… the pleasures of Photoshop…--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Trick--
 
--Next day—
 
Never in all her life had Kagome ever been in this type of situation before…
 
She was backed into a corner, cowering and huddled as she tried-and failed- to inch away. Kagome's wary sapphire orbs eyed the three 'hell banshees', as she so affectionately now deemed them, as they surrounded her. ­-Now I know how a cornered animal feels like…-- she thought dryly.
 
Hell, now she knew what Inuyashamust feel like...and damn did she feel bad for the poor guy
 
Outwardly, she whined loudly. “Why won't you people leave me aloneee!!” she stomped her foot a little, pouting slightly.
 
Said `people' stopped short and stared at her as if she grew horns.
 
Sango shook it off first. “Come on Kagome!” the taijiya begged persistently. “Please come!? You did so much to help you should at least come and see how it turns out.”
 
Kagome bit her lip while her eyes shifted to the side, an unusual glint of uncertainty in the sapphire depths. “I dunno… I won't be with anyone like you guys… I'd be like the third wheel...” she replied, her hand reaching to scratch the back of her head.
 
Sango furrowed her eyebrows. Third wheel? “What are you talking about? I'm not going with anyone…”
 
Kikyo made a thoughtful murmur. “Besides, if anything you'd be more like the fifth wheel…” she trailed off at Sango's glare. “What?”
 
The brunette's eyes narrowed. “Not. Helping.” She gritted.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes at them, though there was a hint of a smile playing at her lips. “Miroku?” she reminded lightly, her voice tinted with half-hearted exasperation. .
 
The slayer was quick to retort. “I'm not going with him!!” The blush on her cheeks denied that.
 
Kagome gave the other girl a flat look be she nodded skeptically. “Uh huh, surethat's not how I remember it…”
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
… Miroku bent to the ground on one knee, grasping Sango's hand as he gazed at her.
 
Sango blushed as she stared back down at him. It looked like he was proposing to her or something…
 
Miroku smiled gently. “Sango dear? Will you be my date to the festival…?” he trailed off questioningly.
 
To the side, Kagome and Kikyo jumped around a little, silently squealing in their minds.
 
They couldn't do it loudly and ruin the moment of course…
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
The girl scrambled for a response. “I had no choice but accept it!! The dare, remember?!?” Sango blurted out loudly, in an attempt to save face.
 
Kagome and Kikyo shared a sly look. “Funny… it didn't look like you were so against it…” Kagome trailed off coyly, peering at her slayer friend.
 
Sango's eye ticked, but she didn't deny it. She began the mumble incoherently, looking anywhere but at her three friends.
 
Kikyo and Meitori snickered at Sango, and Kagome smirked in victory.
 
Hearing Meitori's snickers, Sango's gaze whipped to her and they narrowed, before her cocoa eyes lightened up brilliantly. “Oh, well then what about Meitori?” she pointed at their phoenix friend.
 
Said girl froze at the mention of her name.
 
Sango continued, “She's not going with any guy either!” she argued.
 
Kagome and Kikyo looked at the phoenix demon, who in turn fidgeted lightly. “Uhmm…” she sounded out nervously. “Actually…” she trailed of suggestively, grimacing slightly.
 
Sango's shoulders slumped and she glanced at her friend knowingly. “You're going with some guy aren't ya?”
 
Meitori nodded apologetically. “Gomen Sango-chan!” she exclaimed.
 
Sango sighed, but waved off the apology. “It's not your fault…”
 
Kagome and Kikyo blinked and they shared a look. They inched closer to Meitori, and pinned her with a predatory stare. “So Meitori…” Kagome said casually.
 
“Who's the guy?” Kikyo finished up, a cheshire grin on her face.
 
Meitori's eyes widened and a blush coated her cheeks. “Uhmm…”
 
Kagome snorted impatiently, and Kikyo gave her cousin a stern look. Ignoring her, Kagome cut in... “No beating `round the bush…it's Onigumo-kun ain't it?” Her tone showed she was sure of her answer.
 
“…”
 
Kagome's eyes widened when Meitori failed to answer. “Oh shit, it ain't? Crap…he's gonna be pi-issed.” She muttered the last part quietly.
 
Meitori squinted her eyes at her. “Why would he be pissed?” she asked suspiciously.
 
Kagome scoffed at the question. “Well, not at you of course! At the guy that beat him to ya. He's been mooning after you for a while, there's no doubt he'd snap your boy's neck once he finds out. Better hide him good.” She advised seriously, nodding for emphasis.
 
Meitori snorted softly. “Don't worry about it, he won't touch him.” She said confidently.
 
Sango, Kikyo and Kagome shared a skeptical look. “And why not?” Sango ventured.
 
Meitori smirked. “'Cause it'll be pretty stupid to snap his own neck…not to mention kinda hard.”
 
The three girls squealed uncharacteristically, happy for their friends.
 
Onigumo got the guts to ask the spunky phoenix out on a date!
 
Meitori giggled at them. “Ok! Calm down! Now back to our previous discussion. You need to come Kagome!”
 
Kagome shook her head firmly. “Why? There's not really any point. I mean, everyone is in pairs.” Her tone became playful. “Plus, you guys would probably be too busy finding a nice dark corner to make out and do dirty and other unmentionable things anyways.” She said teasingly.
 
“Hey!” “Oi!!” “Not true.” The three girls chorused indigently, cheeks flushed with blushes.
 
Kagome gave them a flat look, and they looked away blushing and grudgingly grumbling their agreements.
 
Kikyo got a sly look on her face. “Wait, I heard Sesshomaru is going too though…” she trailed off and gave a mental a triumphant smirk
 
Sango traded grins with the more nicer, angelic miko of the group.
 
Meitori giggled mentally. She could see the spark between the miko and taiyoukai...and Onigumo mentioned to her that Sesshomaru was actually nice to her on the first day-an uncharacteristic feat in itself.
 
Meitori smiled deviously. “Yea, the guys somehow convinced him to tag along.”
 
Kikyo and Meitori both mentally snorted in their head at that. Convince? More like tricked
 
--o--o--o--
 
Earlier--
 
Inuyasha, Miroku, and Onigumo were huddled around together at Onigumo's locker, discussing their game plan.
 
Well, kinda…
 
Onigumo gave Inuyasha an uncomfortable look. “Dude, seriously… why the hell are we doing this? We're not freaking matchmakers...”
 
“I agree…this is Sesshomaruwe're talking about too…as much as I'd like to see our friendget with an actual girl, there's a good chance he might just kill us for annoying him.” Miroku muttered, shifting nervously from one foot to another.
 
Inuyasha groaned slightly. “You really think I'd be doin' this cause I fuckin' feel like it? Hell naw…Kikyo's twisting my arm on this one…” His ears were plastered to the base of his skull, showing how much he didn't want to be doing this.
 
Miroku shrugged his eyebrows perversely. “Are you sure it's your armshe's twisting?” He couldn't help it, Inuyasha left the opportunity wide open.
 
Onigumo snorted inconspicuously.
 
Said hanyou bared his teeth in disgust at him. “Shove it, letch.” Huffing, he crossed his arms. “Let's just get this shit done and over with already.”
 
Onigumo blinked. “Wait, how are we gonna do this…?”
 
Miroku shrugged and Inuyasha scratched his head sheepishly. “I dunno, wing it?”
 
Onigumo sighedat Inuyasha, shaking his head. “You're pathetic.”
 
A monotone voice enteredthe conversation. “Exactly whatI think every time I see him.”
 
Inuyasha twitched and his mouth opened to toss an insult.
 
He would have too,if Miroku didn't grab his shoulder jerkily and send him a meaningful look. Inuyasha muttered under his breath but relented anyways.
 
Digging his hands into his pockets, Onigumo leant against his lockers and sighed. He might as well try and see what happens… “So Sesshomaru…” he murmured.
 
Said person tore his speculative gaze from his brother to peer over with an eyebrow raised in question.
 
Onigumo continued, looking over curiously. “Are you coming to the festival with us and the girls tomorrow?”
 
His answer was as blunt and direct as ever. “No.”
 
Giving a noncommittal murmur, he went on. “Why not?” he asked casually.
 
Sesshomaru stared at his friend critically. “Do I need a reason?”
 
Inuyasha and Miroku watched the two with interest, curious about where Onigumo was taking this.
 
Onigumo shrugged in response. “I'm just wondering…” he trailed off lazily.
 
A silver eyebrow was raised once again, but this time it was done in a flat expression. “I have no interest in partaking in meaningless activities such as school festivals. Especially seeing as this will be pathetically idiotic rather than `scary' like the past AllHallowsEve Festivals.”
 
Onigumo shook his head. “I don't know, Kags helped with the planning this year…you know how she is sothis year outta be interesting…” he trailed off, his red eyes narrowing in thought. “You know she's goin', right?”
 
Hook
 
“Did she not say she would not go unless she had a date…?” Sesshomaru frowned slightlyat the new information. “And you are telling me this, why?” he added, slightly suspicious.
 
Miroku and Inuyasha shared worried looks but Onigumo went on unperturbed.
 
Looking up as if recalling a memory, the spider-hanyou answered. “Hmm, no date… more like blackmail on Kikyo's part…” he lied easily, peering at Sesshomaru from the corner of his eyes, easily evading the other question.
 
He could see Sesshomaru's speculative eyes narrowing at this piece of information.
 
Line
 
Miroku blinked at the little white lie, and Inuyasha's eyes sparked up with hope.
 
Onigumo almost smiled… but it wouldn't do to ruin the progress he was making. “I'm sure she'll get bombarded by guys trying to talk to her and asking her to dance when they see she's there with no date…” He shrugged it off as if it was nothing and turned to fully face Sesshomaru. “Are you sure you don't want to come with us? Watching people make idiots out of themselves is always entertaining…”
 
Andsinker
 
Sesshomaru looked away. “I shall…think about it…” he turned to leave. “I am going to class…” he told no one in particular before strolling away.
 
Onigumo turned to his other two friends to see them grinning like idiots. He let a triumphant smirk cross his features. “Now that, my friends, is how you manipulate an emotionally stunted Taiyoukai without getting killed…”
 
Miroku rolled his eyes and Inuyasha snorted. “Arrogant prick…” he muttered good naturedly.
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
Kagome pushed back the unknown feeling that rose in her stomach at the mere mention of the silver haired taiyoukai and settled to just stare at her cousin, eyebrow raised and hands set on her hips. “…So?” she said simply.
 
Kikyo sighed out in frustration. She shouldn't have expected for Kagome to have any other kind of reaction, even if she was positivethat her cousin felt something for the stoic youkai.
 
Mentally, Kikyo shook her head in confusion. She didn't know how, nor did she have the slightest idea why, but for some reason that the gray-eyed miko just couldn't grasp, Kagome liked Sesshomaru.
 
But back to the case in point; Kikyo opened her mouth to speak. “So…” she mimicked. “Since he has not asked anyone to go with him, you are not going to be the only one without a date.” Kikyo smiled triumphantly when she saw Kagome's defeated look.
 
Kagome pouted sulkily. “You ain't gonna let this go, are ya?” she asked blankly.
 
Kikyo laughed softly and stepped closer to her cousin, reaching over to pat her head cheekily. “Nope.” She smirked at the miffed expression sent her way.
 
Kagome groaned. “Fine, you win! I'll go already!! But we are so `Trick or Treating' before we go!” she whined out loudly.
 
Sango and Meitori snickered, their laughs becoming even louder when Kagome sent them a half-hearted glare.
 
Kikyo sent her an exasperated look. “Deal.” She agreed quickly.
 
--HALLOWEEN—
 
“Wooooo hoooo!!!” Kagome cheered as she pelted down the staircase in the shrine. A humongous, 1,000-watt grin was plastered across her face
 
“Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!!” Kagome sang loudly, bouncing around and shaking her head to the traditional beat.
 
“And this is without the candy…” Souta muttered under his breath, shaking his head at his sister's behavior.
 
Kimi and Kikyo couldn't help but agree,
 
Kagome ignored them and continued singing unfazed. “If you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear!!”
 
Kimi leaned over to whisper in Kikyo's ears. “Make sure she doesn't eat any candy while you're out… if she tries, take it away and protect it with your life…” the elder woman trailed off as the air suddenly went cold.
 
Kikyo and Kimi turned their heads to see Kagome looking at them with a stricken look. It soon passed over as raging fury took its place-a scary expression that made every one shiver all over. “No one touches my candy… no one…” she said darkly, her voice going low.
 
Souta blinked in shock. “How did you hear-?”
 
He cut himself off when Kagome shot a dark, threatening look at him. “I said no one! Got it?!” she gritted out.
 
Souta yelped but nodded meekly.
 
Kikyo watched this all with amazement.
 
Kimi twitched. “Kagome!” she admonished sternly.
 
Kagome froze, and stood upright, turning a happy smile in the older woman's direction. Her demeanor did a complete 180, going from scary to angelic in less than half a second. “Yes Kaa-san?” she asked sweetly.
 
Kimi wasn't fooled. “Stop scaring your brother or else you won't get any candy tonight…” she threatened seriously.
 
Kagome's eyes popped out comically at the news, absolute terror churning in their blue depths. She nodded her head eagerly. “Yes ma'm!” she squeaked out.
 
Souta stared at his older sister, and let out a snort of disgust. “What a weirdo…” He stuck his tongue out when Kagome glared at him.
 
Kimi narrowed her eyes. “A-hem” she cleared her throat on purpose. “That means you too Souta…no baiting your sister either.”
 
Souta shrugged. “It's only candy…”
 
Kagome gasped dramatically, turning incredulous eyes to him. “Only candy?! It's not only candy Souta-kun!! It's so much more than that!” she exclaimed wildly, waving her arms around like a lunatic.
 
“Candy is sacred…” she said in a mesmerized voice, her eyes somewhat dazed. “You don't just pop it in your mouth and swallow it like some vulgar beast…there are steps to eating candy to ensure maximum satisfaction. You have to slowly unwrap it, bask in its sweet aroma and then slide it into your mouth. You let it linger on your tongue, letting your taste buds drown in the sweet delicious taste. Then you-“
 
Souta heard enough. “Snap outta it you freak!” smacking Kagome upside the head.
 
Kikyo could be seen edging away from the…unusual…family in her presence.
 
It's a miracle no one sent them to the loony bin as of yet…
 
Apparently, Kikyo said those words out loud, because Kagome grinned at her. “Oh, many have tried…”
 
Souta snickered gleefully. “And all have failed…some just gave up…some ran away in horror…” he told her matter of factly, shrugging.
 
Kikyo raised an eyebrow, eyes flaring with curiosity. “And the rest…?” she was almost afraid to know…
 
Kagome smirked and shared a mischievous look with Souta. “Lets just say…no one in the outside world will eeeever see them again...” she drawled out, a devious glint in her eyes.
 
Kimi let out a weary sigh and sent a apologetic look. “Ignore them…” she said, before sending her two children a reproachful look. “Apparently they forgot to take their medicine…remind me to take them to their therapists” she said jokingly.
 
Kikyo laughed a little. “For some reason…if you were serious, I think I would actually believe that…”
 
Kagome and Souta mock gasped in sync as the latched to the other in 'fear'. “Therapists?!” they repeated. They shared scared looks.
 
“They'll never take me alive!!” Souta shouted loudly, leaping into the air slightly.
 
Kagome cocked her head randomly, as if in thought. “Did you know that if you pull apart therapists, you get `the rapists'?” She gave her mother a pointed, aghast look, sending an accusing finger her way. “And you call yourself our mother!! It's outrageous I say! Outrageous!!” She exclaimed.
 
Kimi only rolled her eyes at their antics.
 
Kikyo snickered but shook her head. “Let's go, we still need to change…” she ordered her cousin, grabbing her by the arm and dragging her towards the door.
 
Kagome widened her eyes. “Nooo!! I don't wanna go the therapist!! I don't wanna be raped!!! Souta! Heeeelp meee!!!” she rambled out dramatically, stretching her arm out for Souta to take.
 
Souta only snickered, and sent her a wave instead. “Bye bye dear Nee-chan!”
 
His sister pouted in response.
 
Kimi let out a small laugh, shaking her head softly. “Have fun dears!” she called out.
 
Kikyo snorted. “You guys are unbelievable…”
 
Kagome blinked and sent a grin her way. “But that's why you love us!” she chirped out.
 
Her response was Kikyo rolling her eyes.
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
The girls were all gathered at Kikyo's house, where they were doing some finishing touches on their costumes as they waited for the boys to come by.
 
It just happened to be that Kikyo's house was in the middle of a gold mine for Trick or Treaters, situated right in the middle of the one neighborhood notorious for giving out a lot of candy and chocolate-all big sized, like the ones you buy at the store.
 
And Kagome could only think one thing... --Jackpot!!--
 
A soft knock with an equally soft-spoken voice jostled her from her thoughts.
 
"Kagome...?" Meitori's voice floated through questionably. "Are you almost ready yet?"
 
Touching up on her eyeliner, Kagome grinned in excitement as she stood, straightening her costume. "Oh, yea. I'm definitely ready..." she said back slyly, looking back at her reflection in the mirror.
 
A grin crossed her face. Tonight is gonna be onehell of a night...
 
--o--o--o--o--
Kagome let out a loud wolf whistle as Sango approached from down the stairs. "Well hot damn. Who's the hottie and how much??" Kagome joked, grinning stupidly.
Sango bubbled up in loud laughter, reaching over to playfully punch Kagome's shoulder. "You're one to talk."
Sango strolled in wearing a body fitting cat suit, complete with a black tail, black knee-high heeled boots, and black leather gloves with artificial yet very sharp talons. Two black cat ears were perched on her head, a short, slim tail protruded from her back, and a couple of belts were slung across her hips lazily in a criss-crossing fashion. Her face consisted of dark eyeliner, a smoky gray eye shadow and clear lip-gloss.
Kagome only continued to grin some more.
A few moments later and Meitori came down, sporting a cute, dark blue halter dress with a shredded skirt with silver sparkles. Dark blue fishnet stockings ran down her legs, and her petite hands adorned similar, fingerless gloves. She had slipped on some high, dark blue wedges with straps that wrapped around her calf. She'd curled her hair, spraying it so that it held dark blue streaks, and applied dark blue lips stick and eye shadow, lining her eyes with silver. On her back were two black and blue, silver sparkling fairy wings.
Both Kagome and Sango looked at her with wide eyes, though they were both still grinning. Kagome cocked an eyebrow when Meitori moved to stand next to them. "I didn't know you had it in you..." she commented slyly, and Meitori blushed. "Niiiice" she drawled out, and Sango chuckled.
Meitori scratched the back of her neck sheepishly, laughing. "Thanks..."
The usually shy girl went with a very outgoing, revealing outfit. The dress ended much higher than mid thigh, but still covered what it needed to. And the neckline dipped down further than either of the two teen girls would ever expect the phoenix to wear.
The top wasn't nearly as revealing as Kagome's but considering the stark differences in personalities, they wouldn't expect the girl to even go that far.
When Kikyo came down, the three girls wolf-whistled shamelessly.
Kikyo opted for the more elegant approach, coming down in white pumps and a silky white dress in the form of a toga. She adorned a ornamental headpiece of twining vines and leaves, looking every bit like a Greek Goddess.
And yet, in her left hand she toted a nice, large, sharp spear.
Kagome snickered. "Goddess of war, huh?" She continued at Kikyo's impish smile. "Ahh, dear Athena...It seems so fitting..."
Kikyo giggled, before scanning over her cousin. She raised her eyebrows at Kagome's choice of costume. "Is that from Dragon Age?" she asked wryly.
Kagome grinned, nodding. "What can I say? The girl may act like a bitch some of the time, but you have to admit, this outfit is awesome."
Kagome sported an almost exact replica of the outfit Morrigon from 'Dragon Age: Origins' wore.
Kagome wore leather leggings under skirts that were layers of leather and trailing buckles, as if woven together from the remains of straps and belts. Her shirt, if it could be called that, was little more than lines of string with a single piece of dark purple cloth that ran about her stomach, looping up above her breasts and around her neck to form a small hood at her back.
At her shoulder were the remains of one tightly fitted leather sleeve, long disconnected from any coat, decorated with feathers and colored stones. A large, gnarled stick of wood was strapped to her back as a replica of a staff.
It was elegant, yet sexy...
Kagome turned to the three girls, smirking with her hands planted on her hips. "So ten bucks says Miroku will have a nosebleed, Inuyasha will pass out and Onigumo will stammer and blush like an idiot."
They all started laughing like crazy.
Kikyo eyed Kagome. "What about Sesshomaru?" she questioned wryly.
Kagome only raised an eyebrow, seemingly unaffected. "What about him?"
Sango snorted. "What, no betting on his reaction?"
"Reaction to what?" Kagome said innocently.
Meitori rolled her eyes. "Oh cut the bullshit - to you of course. If you're gonna be in denial about Sesshomaru wanting to get together with you, you have to at least admit there's some attraction, that kiss your first day should be proof enough."
To everyone's surprise, including Kagome herself, the girl in question blushed. But that was the only sign to her embarrassment. "There's more to attraction than just looks, you know..." she said, trailing off softly.
She wasn't arrogant or anything, but she knew she wasn't ugly looking. It wouldn't be the first time that someone liked her only because of how she looked, nor would it be the first time that it was someone she actually liked back...
Kikyo stepped up, knowing what was on her cousin's mind, and placed a hand on Kagome's shoulder. "I think it's more than that Kag-chan. A lot of pretty girls have tried talking to him, and yet only you have gotten through. That speaks volume and lots of it."
Despite the comforting words, the girl only shrugged. "I guess you're right...let's just go, huh? This sappy crap is bringing down my Halloween cheer!" she exclaimed, faking her off-stand-ish-ness.
They grabbed their stuff and pillow cases for their candy and headed for the door leading into the living room to wait. Right before walking out, Kagome hesitated and turned to look at Kikyo. Purple caught with blue.
Appreciation and gratitude shined in Kagome's eyes, and the girl mouthed a 'thank you'.
A soft smile broke out on Kikyo's porcelain face, and she nodded back. "For what?' she mouthed back with mock-innocence.
Kagome's lips twitched, before she turned back and walked into the next room, shoulders shaking with silent chuckles.
Kikyo's smile grew.
--o--o--o--o--
When the guys met up with them, it turned out Kagome was right on the dot with their reactions.
Inuyasha, always eager to see and hang out with his girlfriend, was the first to arrive at Kikyo's house. He, like Kikyo, went for the Greek approach and even had a spear of his own, going for Ares, the God of War.
After the forty-five seconds it took for him to get out of his car, walk up the steps, ring the doorbell, and wait until the door finally opened, he promptly passed out.
Suffice to say, Kagome dropped to floor and rolled around as laughter attacked her relentlessly.
The others stared in open mouth shock and incredulity, the thought 'Are you freaking serious?!' on the forefront of their minds.
Kagome was still laughing by the time Kikyo decided leaving Inuyasha on the floor was cruel and proceeded to drag his prone body to the couch in the living room with Sango and Meitori's help.
It didn't take long for Miroku to finally arrive in a flourish of extravagant robes and slippers, embroidered and all, his chest peeking through the 'v'. He blinked when he saw Kagome once she answered the door, and soon enough he was eyeing her and the view she offered with a good amount of appreciation. "Nice costume Kags..." he told her, smirking.
Kagome shook her head, a grin on her face. "You can't be serious...: she muttered, snickering at his choice of costume.
Miroku grinned lecherously as he stepped in. "What can I say? I wanted to dress like my hero this Halloween..."
It just happened to be that his hero was the owner of Playboy, Hugh Heffner.
Kagome snorted, but continue to laugh anyways. "Guys, come here! It's Miroku!"
The three girls soon walked in the entryway only to freeze. Sango stared at him blankly. Kikyo and Meitori were giggling.
Miroku then took the time to properly leer at Sango, and he grinned at the suit that left absolutely nothing to the imagination...
Soon enough, a dribble of blood started to drip from his nose and a spot of drool could be seen at the corner of his mouth.
Kagome chuckled softly. "Damn, I'm good," she muttered to herself smugly, before turning on her heel into the living room to wait out for their last guest.
The rest of the girls rolled their eyes while Miroku blinked, confused at what just happened.
By the time Onigumo finally swung by, Inuyasha was up, still blushing and glairing at Miroku who snickered at him. The doorbell rung and everybody rose and grabbed their things before opening the door.
A sheepish Onigumo greeted them, decked out in a Medieval outfit. "Sorry I'm laaaa..." Onigumo trailed off as his eyes met Meitori. Long story short, his mouth became one gaping whole and heat crept up his neck to his face and ears. "Hey Meitori..." he murmured softly, completely entranced.
Meitori giggled while the rest of them either smirked, snickered, or shook their head in exasperation.
Kagome snapped her fingers, pouting. "Awhh man, I only got it half right." she muttered.
--o--o--o--o--
About a hour later, Kami knows how many houses passed, and their bags nearly filled, Kagome froze in her step. "Holy. Crap."
She blinked at the scene before her eyes. A grin spread throughout her face. "Sesshomaru? What are you doing here?" she blurted out, voice thick with amused incredulity.
At the sound of his name, the teen twisted and his eyes widened at Kagome's appearance. "Kagome?" he muttered in confusion, eyes roving up in down, jaw dropping at her choice in clothes.
His gaze turned heated as he took in her slim neck to her prominent shoulder blades and slender shoulders, before trailing down the valley of her breasts - stalling in that general area for a few seconds longer than necessary - and finally along the curves of her waist and hips.
Obviously, it didn't take his mouth very long to go dry.
It took Kagome clearing her throat dryly after a good minute of blatant leering before he remembered her question.
He could practically feel his ears heating, and he was glad his hair covered up his embarrassment. Calmly gesturing to the group of trick or treaters at the house behind him with as much composure as he could scrounge up, he answered. "Rin asked me to accompany her this night. She believed that a person is never to old to enjoy the celebrations of Halloween..." his voice was dry in his explanation.
Kagome snickered and tossed a sly look to the Inu. "She used the puppy dog look on you huh?"
Sesshomaru's gaze trailed away from her, his silence saying it all.
Kagome snickered even more. "She even suckered you into getting in costume!"
Sesshomaru twitched, sending a cold glare her way.
Kagome merely ignored it, switching her attention to the approaching freshie in honor. "I never told you this before, but I seriously love you Rin!"
Her answer was a devilish grin.
The airy material hung low off his hips, and the dark leather vest contrasted deeply with his alabaster skin. Underneath the vest and the belts along his chest, glimpse of his washboard abs and peek-a-boo strips were seen. Two swords were attached at his hip - and yes, they were both real.
Suffice to say, it made Kagome's mouth water as her own eyes stared shamelessly.
"Classic but does the trick." Kagome grinned herself. "He's like Johnny Depp, but hotter! You make one hell of a pirate Fluffy!" she teased lightly, laughing.
Her laughing was cut short at a sharp pull of her robes. Kagome blinked, mouth still open in mid-laugh and glanced down. "Huh?"
A little girl stared up at her, decked out in a pretty, pink sequin sparkling witch costume with a big pair of cocoa, wide eyes. "Hi!"
Kagome cocked her head, her eyes looking left and right for a pair of parent the little girl might belong to.
No such luck...
Turning her attention back to the little girl, she spoke warily. "...Hi?"
The girl gave her a huge grin. "Do you happen to have any butterscotch candy, pretty lady? I love butterscotch but..." a pout formed on the girl's little face. "I haven't gotten any yet, and I have to go home soon..." she trailed of sadly.
At that, all save Rin and Sesshomaru stiffened, eyes going wide in fear and panic.
Flashback--
They had just left one of the houses when Inuyasha went up to Kagome. "Hey Kagome, you didn't happen to get any dark chocolate did you?" he asked curiously.
Kagome blinked, before her head tilted in thought. "Yeah..." she drawled out. "I think I did, why?" she asked, eyes narrowing in dangerous suspicion.
Inuyasha didn't notice, a grin on his face. "I'm addictedto the stuff. CanI have some?"
Kagome twitched and Kikyo winced as the others looked on curiously. Worst thing to ask...
"Excuse me?" Kagome muttered softly, eyes dilatinginto sharp slits as she glared at Inuyasha. "Did you just ask for my candy?" she demanded calmly.
Inuyasha's eyebrows furrowed. "Uhh yea I di-" he couldn't finish due to Kikyo running up from behind and slapping a hand to his mouth, muffling his mouth.
"No! Nope, Inuyasha was just asking because he was..." Kikyo trailed off frantically, searching desperately for an answer. She perked up, "curious! That's it! He was only curious!" she exclaimed, eyeing Kagome warily.
Inuyasha strained to look at her incredulously. He shook his head, his words of 'No I didn't' being muffled.
Kikyo glared at him. "Yes, he was," she said forcefully, her eyes daring him to disagree.
Kagome relaxed, smiling sweetly at the pair. "Well, that's fine then. I thought he was going to ask if he could have some of my candy." she told them, laughing lightly. "If that was the case, well..." Her eyes darkened as a sinister grin crossed her face. "Well...let's just say it wouldn't be pretty..."
Inuyasha's face paled, and the rest of the group promptlytook two steps back from Kagome, staring at her as if she just grew horns.
"Kagome can be scary sometimes..." Meitori whispered to them, who couldn't help nod in agreement.
That was an understatement...
Kagome's head whipped to Meitori, and she blinked. "Did you say something Meitori-chan?" she wondered nicely.
Meitori's stiffened and her eyes went wide. "Nope!" she squeaked out quickly.
Kagome shrugged. "Oh, guess I must be hearing things..." she muttered, before she started to walk down the street."Well, what are waiting for? Westill have a lot of house's to hit up for some candy!" she said cheerfully.
Kikyo let out a loud relieved sigh. She turned to the rest of them, shooting them a serious look. "Never. And I mean neverask Kagome for candy. She's so damn protective, she'd practically kill for it." she told them. The tone of her voice showed them she wasn't kidding - at all.
They all nodded eagerly.
Inuyasha shook his head, face still pale. "Bi-polar bitch..." he muttered under his breath.
They all froze when Kagome, who was only a little more than five feet away from them, stopped suddenly. If even possible, Inuyasha became even paler. The blue-eyed teen turned to them, sending them a curious look. "Are you guys just gonna stand there, or what?"
This time, they all sighed in relief. Kikyo nodded, nudging Inuyasha forward. "Yes, of course cousin dearest..." The sanest of two cousins said compliantly.
After a couple of minutes of walking insilence Kagome suddenly broke the silence. "Oh, and Inuyasha?" she said sweetly.
Apparently, it was a little too sweet as a worried look crossed over Kikyo's face and Inuyasha actually looked scared. "...Yea?" he said hesitantly.
A chill ran down his spin as Kagome looked over her shoulder to send him a wicked, threatening look. "I'm not bi-polar, I just happen to love my candy very much," she said in a chipper tone.
Inuyasha licked his lips nervously. "O-oh. Ok...got you."
The hanyou relaxed when Kagome merely grinned at him before turning back around. "Notice how she didn't deny the 'bitch' part..." he muttered under his breath, apparently a little too loudly...
Kagome tensed, "I heardthat." She said in a clipped, dangerous tone.
Kikyo slapped a hand to her forehead and the rest grimaced at the hanyou.
"I hope you like looking over your shoulder in fear,Inuyasha. Because that's exactly what you're going to be doing until I get you back for that..." Kagome said, her voice now taking a sadistic lilt to it.
Inuyasha gulped, and the rest of them sent him pitying looks.
He'd never had a chance...
-End of flashback
 
Kikyo was about to rush in and stop her, when Kagome suddenly crouched down to the little girl's level and gave the child a large grin. The miko blinked, astonished, but managed to hold out a hand to stop the rest of them from rushing in as well.
 
Inuyasha sent her look of wild panic. "Kikyo, what are you doing?! Kagome will flip on the poor little girl!" he exclaimed worriedly.
 
Kikyo only rolled her eyes, shushing him. "Just wait," she told him cryptically.
 
By now, Kagome cocked her head at the sweet little girl. "Butterscotch, huh?" she murmured lightly.
 
Inuyasha let out a sharp breath, sharing a worried look with the rest of his friends.
 
Sesshomaru cocked an eyebrow and Rin blinked. "What's got you all worked up?" she asked, confused.
 
Onigumo rubbed the back of his neck. "Long story short, the last time a person asked Kagome for some candy, the girl just about merked them." He sent a pointed look in Inuyasha's direction, who looked pale as a ghost and just about to break out in a sweat.
 
Rin looked at him incredulously. "You're kidding."
 
Sesshomaru just blinked. His beast on the other hand, was having a blast. The look on Onigumo's, hell Inuyasha's face was proof enough. Rin paled in realization. #Holy hell, he's not kidding. That is just perfect!!# his inner-self snickered out.
 
Sesshomaru sniffed. "This is a little girl we are speaking about. I doubt Kagome will go off on her."
 
The round of snorts that followed told him just how much faith they had in their miko-friend.
 
Back to the little girl and Kagome, the little girl nodded eagerly. "Yep! It's my absolute favorite kind of candy! I don't what I'd do without it!" she chirped out, eyes wide with innocence.
 
Kagome laughed softly. "I know what you mean, I gotta say, milk chocolate with almonds happen to be my favorite. If that didn't exist..." Kagome shuddered for effect, making the girl giggle.
 
"What's your name?" Kagome asked politely.
 
"Kai..." the girl giggled out.
 
Kagome smiled. "That's a pretty name..." she told her sincerely, causing the girl to blush and say thank you. "Nice to meet you Kai-chan, I'm Kagome."
 
Kai nodded. "Nice to meet you too, Kagome-chan," she said politely.
 
--Awhh, so polite and cute!-- Kagome mentally cooed. The older girl reached into her bag, peering in to grab a few items. Before she pulled it out, she sent the girl a serious look. "Close your eyes and open out your hands," she instructed Kai, though the serious look was offset by the playfulness in her voice.
 
Following her orders, Kai closed her eyes and stuck her hands out.
 
Pulling her own hand out, Kagome reached over to put the candy in the Kai's hand, before closing the little fingers over it. "Open your eyes," Kagome whispered urgently.
 
Kai's eyes shot open as she opened her hands, bringing it up to her face. She gasped, looking up at Kagome with sparkling eyes. "So much!" she exclaimed, before shooting Kagome a sad look. "I can't take all your butterscotch candy..." she said somberly.
 
Kagome shook her head, waving a hand in the air as she grinned. "Don't worry about it sweetie. I got my almond milk chocolate, so I'm good to go," she reassured Kai.
 
A similar, if not toothy grin broke out on Kai's face, and the girl put the candy in her bag before throwing her arms around Kagome's neck in a hug. "Thank you so much, Kagome-chan!" Kai exclaimed.
 
Kagome hugged back. "No problem kiddo. Happy Halloween!" she chuckled back.
 
Kai giggled, "Happy Halloween!!" she cheered out, before running off back to her parents, but not before a final hug and a wave goodbye.
 
Kagome smiled softly to herself. "Sweet kid..." she murmured gently.
 
When Kagome turned back to her friends, she scowled at all the wide eyed looks and gapes they sported. "Really guys?" she said dryly.
 
Only silence answered her.
 
Kagome let out an exasperated groan. "What? It's only candy and she's a little girl for Kami's sake, I ain't gonna snap at the poor girl!" she told them hotly. "I'm not such a horrible person to do that kind of thing!" And she began to stalk off, ignoring the profuse apologies from her friends for thinking such a thing.
 
Kikyo shook her head, the tips of her lips tilted up in a small smile.
 
Sometimes, Kagome really amazed her...
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Words- 6,506
 
Wow...it's amazing that I managed to finish this lol. At least this time, it was before a whole year passed...
 
Which honestly doesn't mean much considering the fact there's only eight daysleft until it would be a year... ^^;;
 
So here's what I'm going to try to do. There's going to be two, maybe three, other chapters focused on Halloween - one about the dance and festival, the other is kind of a surprise ^^. I'm going to try my hardest to finish those up by actually Halloween, or at least a week after. No promises though, cause things are hectic. School, enough said.
 
Omg, I just realized this too...it's already been two years three months since I first started this fic!! That is just sooooo insane lol!
 
Happy belated two year anniversary!! Lol!
 
And for those who've stuck with me from the beginning, thank you soooo much! God knows how annoying I've been with the scarce updates lol.
 
 
Hope you guys enjoyed this! Sorry for the long delay :///
 
Till laterssss!
 
RainLilyXD
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Review Replies—
 
A BIG Special THANKS to:
 
Volleygirl07- Lol!! ^^ Glad you were so excited to read another chappy of this fic XD Lmaoo, I know! I know! ^^;;; I didn't know what they could fight over about, so I decided it would be over something incredibly stupid and to spurn it into some overdramatic scene where it was one overreaction after another lol. Thanks by the way!! XDD
 
anime4mealways- Hahah, awhh thanks!! ^^ hope you liked this one just as much XD
 
sesshyalltheway- Well, you're very, very welcome. ^^ And awhh, thanks!! XD I know though! I am in serious need of a beta :/// hey, hey, hey! you're reading my mind here, shhhhhh!! ;) you'll get to see what happens at the festival in due time ^^ as for naraku, uhhh lets say he got suspended? maybe expelled? Lol, i actually haven't given much thought to it yet ^^;;; and as for the fight with Kag and Sesshy, it was really just one hugeeeee misunderstanding, and one overreaction after another to be honest. I couldn't figure out what they should fight about, so i decided on something stupid, like a picd. Then Sesshy almost grabbed Kag's boobs' :P and Sesshy's beast made a very, very suggestive remark, which set Sesshy off, and it just crashed down from there haha.
 
CrimsonTruthMiko- Lol, thank you very much!! XDD