InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Life in Sakura High ❯ Or.. ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
So it came to be a complete and utter surprise when I actually finished this chapter so soon after the last update. It's amazing lol, and I bet all of you are happy you don't have to wait another year to read the next chapter lmaoo!.

Read, Review, AND Enjoy!! ;))

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--A Miko’s Life in Sakura High—

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Disclaimer: Y’all should have this drilled into your head by now… I never have and never ever will own Inuyasha… a sad perspective I’ve came to realize :’/

Also, I do not own 'DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love' by Usher, 'Club Can't Handle Me' b Flo Rida, nor 'Can I Have This Dance' by Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron of High School Musical 3.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

-Kago me—

#Sesshomaru#

(Sesshomaru’s Beast)

:Inuyasha:

&Miroku&

//Onigumo//
+Kikyo+

/Sango/

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Last Time;

Kagome hugged back. "No problem kiddo. Happy Halloween!" she chuckled back.

Kai giggled, "Happy Halloween!!" she cheered out, before running off back to her parents, but not before a final hug and a wave goodbye.

Kagome smiled softly to herself. "Sweet kid..." she murmured gently.

When Kagome turned back to her friends, she scowled at all the wide eyed looks and gapes they sported. "Really guys?" she said dryly.

Only silence answered her.

Kagome let out an exasperated groan. "What? It’s only candy and she’s a
little girl for Kami’s sake, I ain’t gonna snap at the poor girl!" she told them hotly. "I'm not such a horrible person to do that kind of thing!" And she began to stalk off, ignoring the profuse apologies from her friends for thinking such a thing.

Kikyo shook her head, the tips of her lips tilted up in a small smile.

Sometimes, Kagome really amazed her...

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--Or...--

Soon enough, they were finished with their round of trick or treating. On their way to the festival, they stashed their candy at Kikyo's house.

Walking on the school grounds, faint music played, getting louder with each step. Kagome's head bobbed unconsciously to the beat, much to the amusement to the others.

Onigumo snorted, "Excited much?" he muttered wryly.

Just realizing he was speaking to her, Kagome blinked. "Huh?" she blurted out dumbly.

The spider demon merely shook his head, causing Kagome further confusion.

When the group just about reached the school, Inuyasha glanced at his friends. "Which first? Dance or festival?"

Quickly, Kagome answered with eagerness dripping from her tone. "I say dance first. We can always look around later, and this way the lines are shorter," she explained rather persuasively.

While the others just shrugged, a little bell went off in the back of Kikyo's head, who was very familiar with her cousin's....'ways'....

It was Halloween, practically Kagome's little personal playground to come out and haunt others, and the girl had yet to do anything...extreme tonight, which was highly unusual.  

The gray-eyed miko glanced at her 'innocent' looking cousin, and knew it was all just a delicately, well placed facade.

She just knew something was going to happen; it was inevitable.

It just meant that Kikyo had to keep an eye out until the night was over, or she just might regret it...

--o--o--o--o--

Music blasted constantly around them, strobe lights flashing as they danced to the rhythm. Heads bobbed up and down repeatedly, and fists pumped into the air.

Kagome grinned as she danced with her cousin, taking Kikyo's hand and spinning her out and then in. The two were grinning, laughing loudly as they danced together. Surrounding them were most of their friends. Inuyasha was dancing closely to Kikyo of course; Sango and Miroku were dancing only a couple of feet away, as well as Onigumo and Meitori.

The only one missing was Sesshomaru and it didn't escape Kagome's notice for long.

Tossing a glance Inuyasha's way, Kagome spoke with narrowed eyes at the prospect of the missing taiyoukai. "Hey, where's your brother?" she asked loudly over the music.

Inuyasha cocked an incredulous eyebrow in her direction. "As if I know," he shouted back. "I don't keep track of the bastard..."

Kagome rolled her eyes, scoffing. If that wasn't brotherly love, she didn't know what was... "Well, can you smell him? I haven't seen him dance yet..."

Inuyasha barked out a laugh, grinning stupidly. "Have fun with that! Fluffy has a ten foot stick shoved so far up his ass, there is no way you're gonna get him to dance tonight... It's like he has some fear of looking un-stoic and emotional, so he stays as far away as he can from any type of situation that concerns letting loose, having some fun, or acting stupid!"

Kagome's eyebrows furrowed, the statement had her pausing in her steps. "Then why did he come?!" she asked him incredulously.

Her question had her friends stop and look at her blankly.

"What?!" Kagome exclaimed naively.

Rolling his eyes, Inuyasha just shrugged - he wasn't going to be the one to explain it to her... "Beats me. I just know he's the definition of anti-fun. So unless you're planning on getting him drunk..." he trailed off suggestively.

Kikyo slapped him on his shoulder, earning an 'Ow!'. "Don't give her any ideas!!" she hissed under her breath, ignoring the 'Are you freaking insane?!' look her boyfriend was currently sending her.

Glancing at Kagome, who had a creepy smirk inching on her face, Kikyo glared at her. "Kagome, don't you dare!" she warned her automatically.  

Kagome pouted. "You're no fun..." she muttered under her breath.

Onigumo and Miroku could be heard snickering. "C'mon Kikyo! It's Halloween and it's our senior year! If Kagome can manage to slip something to him, let her! The guy needs to chill," the spider hanyou needled.

Kikyo's eyes flared, her violet orbs practically glowing as she glared at Onigumo. "No." she said with finality. "Do you understand?" Kikyo challenged him in a quietly threatening manner, that even with the blaring music, Onigumo could understand her perfectly, and holy shit did it give him the freaking chills.

"Yes ma'm!" the spider youkai squeaked out, in a manly way, of course.

Meitori's lips quirked at the scene, and she patted her date's arm in a comforting way. "Don't worry Gumo-kun. If Kikyo does try to kill you, I'll ask nicely for her to keep you in one piece..." she said teasingly.

It had him twitching, and he stared down at the phoenix in a hard, but playful manner. "Thanks Mei-chan, that means a lot..." he said sarcastically.

The girl only smiled innocently.

Kagome sighed sadly, crossing her arms. "Well I have to at least try," she told them stubbornly.

Inuyasha shook his head. "I can't smell the prick with all these scents mixing in the air."

At that, Miroku spoke. "Knowing Sesshomaru, he'll probably be off to the side, away from the crowd,"

Inuyasha snorted. "More like skulking in the shadows or some dark corner..."

Kagome rolled her eyes at Inuyasha, but nodded her thanks at the houshi, "Thanks Miroku-kun!" she said before bounding off.

Inuyasha scoffed. "She's wasting her time..." he muttered softly to Kikyo as he resumed dancing from behind her, wrapping his arms around her torso.

Unconsciously, her arms wrapped around his as she looked up at him thoughtfully. " I don't know Inu-kun...Sesshomaru wouldn't have even came here if it wasn't for Kagome," she reminded him. "Kinda reminds me of us at first when I think about it, without all the taunting of course."

Inuyasha rolled his eyes playfully, swooping down to kiss the crown of Kikyo's head. "You're right about that - the bastard is falling head over heels for the wacky chick, and he doesn't even realize it..." He snickered suddenly. "Oh god, just the thought of a Fluffy acting like a lovesick puppy is fucking hilarious..."

Kikyo's eyes danced at that. "You mean just like you, my dear puppy-chan?" she teased wickedly.

Inuyasha's neck burned red with embarrassment at the pet name, his blush turning even redder when he heard Onigumo coughing a sound that sounded suspiciously like laughter. "Kikyo!!" he whined out in a hiss. "I thought I said not in public!!"

Kikyo smiled innocently. "Oops..." she said, not even bothering to sound the least bit regretful. "I forgot...."

Miroku shook his head wryly, half astonished but half amused. "We must all be seriously masochistic...all of our dates are pure sadists."

However Miroku meant it, his remark was taken as a compliment as the remaining women sent them sickeningly sweet smiles.

Curiously enough, a shudder suddenly ran down their spine...  

--o--o--o--o--

Kagome weaved through the mass of wildly waving limbs, dodging and ducking all the way as arms, legs, and hair came from practically every angle.

Breathing out in relief once she made her way out of the mob, she set to her task determinedly - if Sesshomaru stayed away from the mass of people, he should be lurking somewhere lining the wall of the gym.

If not, the next best place would be outside, somewhere in the festival...which would mean one huge pain in the ass for Kagome...

Kagome's eyes brightened as she sweatdropped.

Cell phone? Duh?

Making her way towards the wall, it started to get darker. Figuring not a lot of people would see her, she curled forward slightly and reached into her top, right between her breasts, before pulling out her phone.

Unfortunately, she forgot that she attended a school filled with demons, which basically meant night vision...

It was when she heard a wolf whistle that she felt something was wrong. When she looked up, she mentally cursed at the wide eyed looks and drooling expression a few guys were giving her, some even eye-raping her with lecherous grins. --And this is why I hate anything but pants. Those have pockets!--
 
She promptly flicked them off. "Piss off!" she snapped, glaring at them. Ignoring their lingering stares, she flipped open her phone, dialed, and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

'This is Takishi, Sesshomaru. Leave your name and number and I might get-'

Groaning, Kagome snapped her phone shut. Of course, it would be just her luck she had to do things the hard way...

Grudgingly, Kagome started her trek around the very, very large gym.

--o--o--o--o--

It wouldn't be so bad if, for once in her life, things would go on as planned for Kagome.

Like say, walking around the gym to freaking find a certain freaking silver-haired, pirate taiyoukai...

But nothing ever goes as planned for the poor, poor miko...

She had already been stop three times, all by hugely hormonally-induced guys, eyes never meeting her own orbs once, but more down south, asking her to dance.

And she was not about to grind up against some random guy who couldn't at least look at her in the face for two seconds...

And besides, she had to freaking find Sesshomaru.

"Hey..." a low voice reached Kagome's ears as a someone tapped her shoulder lightly.

Holding in a sigh, Kagome turned and smiled politely, if not a little frayed.  

"Interesting choice for a costume. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's from a video game isn't it?" the teen asked, his voice actually showing genuine interest.

Kagome blinked, surprised at the question, Usually they got right to it and asked to dance... Stumbling a little from the surprise, Kagome looked over the other's costume. "Y-yea, it is..."

The guy was fitted in a crisp tux, paired with a simple black mask covering the top half of his face. A rose sticking out from his pocket caught her attention - whether it was real or not she couldn't tell. The only other details the miko could pick out were a ethereal green that practically glowed for his eyes, slits for irises which immediately meant demon (if the aura emanating from him wasn't any indication...), and hair that was only slightly too long to be called short.

His costume was simple, but made an impression. A smile crossed her face, and she cocked her head, curiosity piqued. "You know, you're the second person who actually managed to get that," she murmured thoughtfully, causing the other's lips to twitch amusedly. "Everyone else either thinks I'm some random slutty wizard or sorceress I pulled out of my ass..." she muttered.

Thankfully he was youkai, because he was able to hear her perfectly. Kagome grinned when she heard him laugh full on. "Well, you have to admit, that get-up can attract a lot of the wrong attention..." he teased her, though his tone was tinged with a little concern. "I take it you've had a lot of trouble from it?" Sympathy could be seen emanating from his eyes.

Kagome was actually a bit touched. Running an exasperated hand across her face, she peered up at the boy with a small laugh. "Yea, you could say that. But nothing I couldn't handle," she said, winking.

The boy snickered. "For some reason, I'm not that surprised. Hopefully that doesn't offend you...?"

Kagome smirked. "Nope!" she exclaimed proudly. "Quite the opposite. It's kind of why I picked this outfit," and her eyes flickered brightly. "Betchya can't guess which game this is from!" she challenged excitedly.  

The boy actually grinned. "Oh yeah? Dragon Age: Origins. You can't forget a costume like that when you play the game..." he said, laughing at her wide eyed look. "What? Not all guys stick to action games; I like to dabble in RPGs every now in then," he informed her, highly amused.

Kagome had to give him that. "True, very true..."

Snorting in amusement, he continued. "And I'd have to agree with you, that character does have a lot a backbone with a witty and sarcastic repartee to match. Devious one too, she is..." his expression turned wry. "That doesn't happen to have anything to do with why you picked the costume as well...?" he trailed off playfully.

Kagome smiled coyly. "I'll never tell..."

"Ah, a girl with a mystery - how compelling!" he  exclaimed, laughing as he gestured to himself. "Now, think you can guess my costume?" he challenged back.

Kagome now grinned, a sly look on her face. "You're costume is pretty low key, so if you don't know what to look for you wouldn't know," she said, impressed. The way his eyes lit meant she caught on to why he picked the costume in the first place. "I would say you're dressed up as Zorro...." she trailed off at the irritated look that passed through his eyes and snickered amusedly. "Not the first to say that, huh?" she could help but say.

He snorted. "Not even in the top ten..."

Kagome laughed at that. "Wow, people aren't too bright. I would have said that, if it wasn't for the fact that you're missing the cape, sombrero, mustache, and sword. No, I have to say you're a certain character from Sailor Moon?" Kagome mused cheekily.

A huge, shit-eating grin crossed the boys face as he clapped loudly. "Finally! Someone who got it right!"

Kagome could only laugh some more. "So why that costume? You don't exactly seem like the type to watch a little girl's show..." she remarked skeptically.

He sent her an exasperated look. "No, but my little sister is. She's six, and utterly obsessed with it..." he shook his head sadly. "She wanted me to dress up like this and wouldn't let it go...no matter how much I begged."

Kagome snickered. "You're a sucker for the pout and sad-eyed look, aren't you?" she teased lightly.

"I'm a weak, weak man..." he joked back. Grinning, he held out his hand. "Well, seeing as how we've been talking for like five minutes, and I have yet to introduce myself, I should probably rectify that. I'm Keioshi," he said sheepishly.

Kagome grabbed his hand and gave him a friendly shake. "Nice to meet you Keioshi! I'm Kagome!"

Keioshi nodded readily. "Definitely nice to meet you too! Now, I won't hold you any longer, you looked like you were intent on doing something before I ambushed you..." he rambled a he rubbed his neck, a bit embarrassed.

If Kagome's curiosity about this guy wasn't piqued before, it definitely was now. He wasn't going to ask her for a dance?

Kagome facepalmed, "Yeaa...I kinda forgot about that for a moment..." she said, cringing sheepishly. "I was looking for one of my friends to drag them off to dance..."

Chuckling, he nodded. "Well, you should probably go find them. Maybe I'll see you around school?" he said, hopefully.

Kagome nodded. "Oh yeah! It's nice to make friends with someone at this school who isn't completely off their rocker,"

"Amen to that!" Keioshi exclaimed with equal enthusiasm.

After a moment, a thought came to her "Oh! I know! If we don't see each other in school, we can at least keep in touch, maybe hang out sometime!" she said, always willing to make friends who weren't disgusting dicks or snobby bitches...

Holding out her phone, she continued. "Give me your number and I'll give you mine?" she asked.  

Grinning, he nodded as he dug into his pocket for his phone. "I like the way you think!"

--o--o--o--o--

After trading numbers, the two parted ways, and surprisingly Kagome was a little sad to leave her new friend.

Holding up her phone, Kagome gazed at the number and name thoughtfully, with a slight smile to her face.

--Now, I wonder what he looks like behind the mask....? A face to match the personality?-- she thought fleetingly, before shaking her head.

Sesshomaru - she had to find him before they went out to explore the festival.

--o--o--o--o--

"No."

Kagome pouted. "What?!" she exclaimed. "You didn't even hear what I was going to ask you!!"

Sesshomaru sent her a flat look.

Kagome only had to go halfway around the gym before she found Sesshomaru...

...Who was lurking in the corner, shrouded in the dark and partially behind some of the decoration, just like Inuyasha said he would be...

Go figure...

Kagome groaned. She wanted to dance some more, dammit!!

Glaring, Kagome continued to pester the inu-youkai. "You do realize the whole point of a dance, is to dance, right?" she droned on sarcastically before rolling her eyes, "Which begs the question, why come when you plan on doing the exact opposite?"  

Sesshomaru didn't answer and stared at her silently, imploringly, and unable to answer.

It wasn't as if he was going to tell her he came because she did...

Sending him an irritated look, Kagome planted her hands on her hips. "Well?" she prodded.

Lips thinning, Sesshomaru looked away. "My reasons are my own..." he told her, mentally cringing at how utterly lame that sounded.

Running a frustrated hand furiously though her hair, Kagome resorted to pleading. "Pleaaseeeee Sesshomaru! I'm begging here, and you know how much I hate that!" she exclaimed imploringly.

Sesshomaru turned to look at her and snorted. "Now we both know that is a lie," he retorted dryly.

If Kagome ever wanted something bad enough, she resorted to two measures, depending on the situation. One way was threats...

The other was begging...and pathetically if need be.

Kagome waved a hand airily. "Semantics," she retorted dismissively. "This is about you and the act of dancing, which you have yet to accomplish, never mind attempt - not me. I've already danced. I love dancing. I want to keep dancing," she ranted on, blazing blue eyes boring into him pointedly. "And you are the only thing stopping me from doing so."

Sesshomaru blinked. "So, what you are saying is that this is, in fact, about you," he stated slowly, eyebrows raised. "And dancing," he added, deadpanned.

Seriously?

Kagome sighed yet again in frustration. "No!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up. "This is about you!"

The taiyoukai stared at her with incredulity. "But you just said-"

"I know what I said!" Kagome cut in. "Just dance damn it!" she whined, stomping her feet.

Sesshomaru didn't know what to say - he certainly didn't want to go into the mass of sweaty, foul smelling people and risk getting rubbed up against just to dance to please the girl's whims...

Kagome studied him before her shoulders dropped slightly, eyes dimming. "Fine." She muttered. "Whatever, don't dance..." she turned away, looking out into the mass of people.

For once in his life, Sesshomaru was torn.

Kagome crossed her arms after a moment, and her head tilted slightly. "I wonder if I can find Keoshi, maybe he'll dance with me...." she murmured.

Record scratch.

"Who's Keioshi?" Sesshomaru asked automatically, voice sharp.

Kagome tossed him a glanced from across her shoulders, eyebrows furrowed at his tone. "Keioshi? He's a guy?" she said slowly, not understanding his question. "I met him just a few minutes ago and we started talking. Pretty cool guy..." she trailed off, eyes narrowing suspiciously. "What's it to you?" she asked suddenly, her own tone now sharp.

Sesshomaru was perturbed. "You mean Keioshi Karashi?" he interrogated.

Kagome turned around fully. "Whoa, what's with the third degree?" she retorted with wide eyes, not liking where this was going. "And besides, I just met him, I don't know his last name! All I got was his number!"

Sesshomaru tensed at the last piece of that information. "I advise you to stay away from him."

Kagome stared at him, incredulous, before irritation crept into her gaze. "Well, advice ignored. Why in the world would I do that?"

Sesshomaru stalked toward her, looking down at her intensely. "The boy is a pervert Kagome, and a troublemaker at that."

The miko snorted, unaffected by his close proximity. "So is Miroku - I don't see you telling me to stay away from him," she retorted hotly. "Besides, I know you know I can take of myself." Then she glared at him. "And if you're against troublemakers so much, you really shouldn't be hanging out with me then."

Sesshomaru pinched his nose. "I do not mean - he is a player Kagome," he told her frustratingly.

Kagome's eyebrows shot up. "I just met this guy Sesshomaru, don't get you're boxers in a twist. I'm not the kind of girl who let's any guy in her pants..." she said, a bit hurt. "I thought you knew that..."

Sesshomaru's eyes widened and he mentally berated himself for his amazing feat of putting his foot in his mouth. "Kagome, I've never thought that," he said softly, gaze serious. "I just..." he let out a sharp breath.

She shook her head. "I don't get you sometimes Sesshomaru..." she sighed out. "Look, I'm gonna try to find him so I can get some more dancing in before we go to the festival," she said before turning around to leave.

"Fine!" Sesshomaru practically groaned out. "I will....dance..." he said, grimacing.

Kagome froze for a moment, before turning back to him. "Sesshomaru, if you don't want to, it's okay," she told him gently.

Sesshomaru shook his head and made his way to the dance floor, grabbing Kagome's arm gently on the way. "Come on, this way," he explained, pulling her into the mass of people.

A grin formed on Kagome's face and she practically skipped along with him.

Usher, Usher, Usher

Kagome looked up as a new song came on, and she laughed happily. "I love this song!!" she exclaimed.

Sesshomaru smiled wryly.

(yeah man) So we back in the club Get that bodies rockin from side to side (side to side)
Thank God the week is done I feel like a zombie gone back to life (back to life) Hands up, and suddenly we all got our hands up No control of my body Ain't I seen you before? I think I remember those eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes

Sesshomaru watched very intently as Kagome shook her hips fluidly, her body curving deliciously, and the way her hands glided in the air in a pattern only Kagome knew.

Her head shook from one to the other with the beat, eyes shutting in exhilarating bliss as her mind concentrated solely on the rhythm she was dancing to.

It was a mesmerizing sight to see.

Cause baby tonight,
DJ got us falling in love again Yeah, baby tonight,
DJ got us falling in love again So dance, dance,
Like it's the last,
Last night of your life, life Gonna get you right Cause baby tonight,
DJ got us falling in love again
The taiyoukai wasn't the only one doing the watching.

Under lidded eyes, Kagome watched Sesshomaru moved. His movements were, in lack of a better words, strong and graceful. Confident.

There was no fumbling. No embarrassed or nervous steps. His feet followed the beat, and nothing else.

He could dance.

And he knew it.

And to Kagome, it just made him all the more sexier.

Keep downing drinks like there's No tomorrow that just right
Now, now, now, now, now, now
Whenever their eyes met, Kagome threw him a saucy grin accompanied by a wink, teasing and joking with him.

Sesshomaru's eyes would crinkle in amusement as a deep, but small chuckle would escape.

Gonna set the roof on fire Gonna burn this mother fucker
down, down, down, down, down, down
Hands up, when the music drops We both put our hands up Put your hands on my body Swear I seen you before I think I remember those eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes
Taking a daring chance, Kagome grinned and reached out her hand, as if in an offer.

Curious, Sesshomaru took it, and Kagome took it to herself to spin into him and then out like she did earlier with Kikyo, laughing sweetly.

The sound of her laughter, and the whole scene of her having that much fun while dancing with him brought a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

Cause baby tonight,     
DJ got us falling in love again Yeah, baby tonight,     
DJ got us falling in love again So dance, dance,
Like it's the last,
Last night of your life, life Gonna get you right Cause baby tonight,     
DJ got us falling in love again  

They danced like that from some time, one hand wrapped around the others' as they bounced around to the music.

Only after a moment did Kagome try spinning again, and Sesshomaru willingly followed her lead.

But this time she didn't bother to spin back out.
Usher, don't lie
Hear no evil, or speak no evil, or see no evil
Get it baby? Hope you catch that like T-O
That's how we roll, my life is a movie, and you just TIVO
Mami got me twisted like a dreadlock
She don't wrestle but I got her in a headlock
Yabadabadoo make her bed rock,
Mami on fire, (psh) red hots
Bada bing bada boom
Mister Worldwide as I steps in the room
I'm a hustler baby, but that you knew,
And tonight it's just me and you
They danced closely together, Sesshomaru's arm wrapped around her waist, Kagome's back to his chest, as they shifted to grinding, albeit low key.

Kagome smiled to herself in triumph. --For a moment there, I was worried I wouldn't get him to do this...--

Sesshomaru himself had his eyes closed, breathing in the scent of passion fruit, vanilla, and the powerful tang that comes with a thunderstorm on a rainy day. It lulled him into a relaxed state as they danced.
Cause baby tonight,
the DJ got us falling in love again (Mr. Worldwide, yea, let's take over the world)Yeah, baby tonight,
DJ got us falling in love again (let go, fallin' in love, oh!)So dance, dance,
Like it's the last,
Last night of your life, life Gonna get you right Cause baby tonight,
The DJ got us falling in love again Yeah, baby tonight,
The DJ got us falling in love again So dance, dance,
Like it's the last,
Last night of your life, life Gonna get you right Cause baby tonight,
DJ got us falling in love again Yeah, thank you DJ

Kagome turned to Sesshomaru with a sly grin. "Fluffy got some skills..." she complimented, teasingly. "You said you didn't want to dance, but when you do, it's like a pro...care to explain?" she asked, a hand propped on her hip.

Sesshomaru smirked. "Just because I dislike dancing in a mass of sweaty, foul smelling, does not mean I am inexperienced in dancing," he retorted wryly.

Kagome laughed a little, relenting. "I stand corrected," Her grin grew as 'Club Can't Handle Me' by Flo Rida came on. She extended her hand. "Care to show me up one more time?"

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes at her, but grabbed her hand nonetheless, an interested and excited glint in his eyes.

After a few songs more of dirty dancing though, the music suddenly switched to a slow themed, romantic song.

Take my hand
Take a breath
Pull me close
And take one step
Keep your eyes
Locked on mine
And let the music be your guide.

Sesshomaru and Kagome stood still, looking every bit awkward.

They tried waiting it out, looking everywhere but at each other. But everywhere they looked, there were pairs of people dancing slowly, holding the other gently.

Which made the whole situation even more awkward.

Won't you promise me (Now won't you promise me)
That you'll never forget (We'll keep dancing)
To keep dancing
Wherever we go next

Scratching the back of her head nervously, Kagome glanced at the taiyoukai from the corner of her eyes, and flushed when she saw him staring at her intently. "What?" she asked quickly, nervously.

He raised an eyebrow at the girl before holding out a hand. Kagome looked at it stupidly, as if it was a foreign object that she never seen before. Rolling his eyes at her, Sesshomaru spoke. "You practically dragged me out here to dance, so let us dance. We are friends, correct?"

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone
Like you
It's one in a million
The chances of feeling the way
We do

Kagome blinked, and peered up at him confused. "Uhh - yes?" she answered, wondering if it was a trick question.

Sesshomaru snorted. "I do believe it is allowed for friends to dance together to a slow song,"

And with every step together
We just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance? (Can i have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?

A smile twitched it's way on Kagome's face and she reached out to grab his hand. "Yeah, same here..." she said as the two moved closer and began dancing.

Take my hand
I'll take the lead
And every turn
Will be safe with me
Don't be afraid
Afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all

As one of Sesshomaru's arms snaked snugly around Kagome's waist, and one of the miko's draped behind his neck, their hands clasped between them.

And you can't keep us apart (Even a thousand miles can't keep us apart)
Cause my heart is where ever you are (Cause my heart is where ever you are)

Awkwardly at first, they began swaying to the music. Moment's later though had them relaxing in each others' arms, dancing more fluidly and comfortably.

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone
Like you
It's one in a million
The chances of feeling the way
We do

Their eyes connected in an intense, heated gaze, eyes never wavering. Their proximity closed in, arms tightened. They stared silently as they continued to dance slowly, their eyes doing all the talking necessary.

And with every step together
We just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance? (Can i have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?

As the song built up in intensity, so did their gaze.

Not so familiar with the feeling building up inside her, Kagome felt the need to speak. Soft whispers escaped her lips, soft enough for almost no one to hear, but loud enough for Sesshomaru to distinguish. "Sesshomaru...?" she breathed out gently.

The whisper was the trigger - the spark to a chain reaction.

Oh,
No mountain's too high
And no ocean's too wide
Cause together or not
Our dance won't stop

Skin tingled as hands roamed. Body parts bumped softly as they shuffled closer. One head ducked down as the other reached up, closing the distance.

They were a breath apart, a brief hesitation slowing them from their goal.

Should they do it?

What would it mean?

What about their friendship?

What about-

Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
I know I believe
That we were meant to be,
Yeah,

Even more sparks flew as their lips finally touched.

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone
Like you (Like you)
It's one in a million
The chances of feeling the way
We (way we do) do

Their eyes, filled with such heat, want, and passion, dominated over any hesitation, any worry that could prevent them from doing what they wanted to do most for so goddamn long...

Everything was tuned out; all of it was merely white noise.

Nothing else mattered...

And with every step together
We just keep on getting better

When they finally pulled away, they were back to staring, lulled into a comfortable embrace as their lips parted to sing along softly with the lyrics - to sing to each other.

So can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?

The song was ending, their movements slowing to a still, small smiles graced their faces all the while as they drifted of into silence- though Kagome's was more like a goofy grin...

Can I have this dance?
Can I have this dance?
Can I have this dance?

"Kagome, will you allow me the honor of courting you?" Sesshomaru asked sincerely, breaking the silence with his baritone, whispered request.

Almost everything stopped at that moment. No music was playing, so the question, thanks to the gift of heightened hearing, was heard throughout the gym. All movement stopped.

Inuyasha and Onigumo's faces instantly broke out in ridiculous smirks, sharing looks of mixed astonishment and something akin to brotherly pride.

Meitori squealed quietly, the other girls following suit when the phoenix related the good news to them. After the two males told the confused monk the news, he grinned.

Gasps, some shocked, others down right horrified, erupted from almost everywhere. Quick, quiet mutters could be heard as all eyes steered towards the couple.

And if that wasn't bad - or awkward - enough, someone had the bright idea to shine a spot light onto the couple.

Sesshomaru twitched and began glaring coldly at everyone staring.

Kagome snorted at the whole scenario. --People are so goddamn nosy...--

Opening her mouth, about to speak, someone cut her off.

"What are you waiting for?!? Say 'yes' you baka!!"

Kagome sweatdropped, recognizing Kikyo's voice. Shaking her head wryly, she reached for Sesshomaru's hand, grabbing his attention again.

When she started tugging him, Sesshomaru blinked in confusion before going along and lowering himself. Now that he was at the perfect height, Kagome stood on her tippy toes and sweetly kissed his striped cheek.

Her eyes flashed wickedly as she leaned forward, speaking heated whisper. "There's my answer..." she murmured coyly, before leaning back to see his reaction.

A wry smirk spread out on his lips before he swooped down to plant a firm kiss on her lips, a hand settling on the nape of her neck and fingers twining with her hair. "I like this way, much better..." he murmured deeply.

Kagome laughed softly, nodding. "Yeah, I think I do to..."

"What did she say?! Did she say yes?!? What did she do?!?"

"I don't know, Kikyo! I can't see and they're talking to damn softly to hear!! Calm down, woman!"

'thwack'

"OW?!? What was that for!!"
     
"...You were being mean!"

Kagome sweatdropped again, turning over towards the voices. Sharing amused glances with Sesshomaru, she started snickering. "Kikyo?!" she called out wryly.

There was a pause for a moment, before her cousin sheepishly spoke up, "Yes...?"

Kagome snorted, shaking her head. "I said yes!" she shouted, laughing. '

1...2...3... "Finally!!!" three, female, voices screamed out, gleefully.

--o--o--o--o--

Kagome grinned in satisfaction and pride as she gazed around the festival. Her head bobbed to the dark-themed music that played around them, creating an eerie, but intense mood.

They roamed through the festival, all the while hearing things about this and that, good things and bad.

At one feature - a haunted house of sorts, Kagome's eyes flickered in interest. Many students passed raving about it. Sharing a look with her friends, they nodded collectively. "We're definitely gonna hit that one up."

As they continued to walk, going to some stalls and passing other, Kagome suddenly wrinkled her nose at one particular stall.

"Apple bobbing?" she muttered under her breath in disbelief. "Where are we? In elementary school?"

Her friends began snickering at her.

She snorted in disgust, shaking her head as she continued walking. "Ridiculous..."

--0--0--0--0--

Suddenly, Kagome stopped in her tracks, eyes wide as dinner plates. "Okay, what the fuck."

In front of her was a stand. It was practically bare. The people behind it were dressed in normal clothes - no costumes, all wearing serious expression as they passed out flyers to which people read on with a 'WTF?!' look plastered across their faces.

There were no decorations either.

No, wait - take that back. There was one decoration on it; a picture of a carved pumpkin encircled and crossed out with a big red bright red line.

Really?

Who goes to a Halloween festival, where people come to celebrate it, only to protest and denounce it...?

Do they have no life? People here are trying to have fun.

Kagome's ire only spiked when a pamphlet was shoved in her face.

"Halloween is a disgrace! It's an act against God! Don't worship Satan!" someone practically screeched in her ear.

It made Kagome twitch dangerously.

Slowly, Kagome turned to face the speaker, only to see a girl about her age, looking at her costume in disgust.

Kagome glared coldly, so cold that the area around them seemed to drop ten degrees.

The rest of her friends shared looks and proceeded to take three steps back. Sesshomaru though stayed in place, looking on with adept interest.

This will be interesting...

"Kagome?" Kikyo asked warily.

Said girl stalked towards the other unknown girl, to the point where Kagome was nose to nose. "Do I force my beliefs on you?" she drawled out in a deadly tone.

The girl stumbled back, a spark of fear in her eyes. "What?" she blurted out.

Kagome followed, stalking, as if hunting prey. "I said," she said darkly. "Do I force my beliefs on you?" she gritted out, holding up the pamphlet.

The girl shook her head slowly. "No..."

Kagome stopped suddenly, studying the girl, before opening up the pamphlet. She read on, muttering words every so often. "God haters....Satan lovers...petition against...Halloween?" Her eyes shot up to the girls, her orbs churning wildly. "You're protesting against Halloween?" she demanded calmly.

They gasped.

"Oh shit, this is not good..." Miroku muttered under his breath, eyeing Kagome warily.

Kikyo mentally groaned and Sesshomaru looked troubled, torn between pulling (dragging) Kagome away before a fight started, or staying to watch what she'd do, because no doubt it would be insanely entertaining...

The girl seemed to conjure up a surge of courage. She drew up and spoke with a semi-steady voice, though you could still hear the tremors. "Y-yes. The school shouldn't host anything to celebrate this day. It's offensive to those that don't celebrate. It's in violation against separation of Church and State."

Kagome laughed loudly, but it was void of mirth and her friends winced. "Can I see the petition?" she asked suddenly, voice innocent.

It had her friends grimacing. That tone paired with Kagome only meant really, really bad things would happened - like scary, piss your pants bad...

The girl shared a look with the head of the stall, who shrugged and held out their clipboard.

Kagome strode over and snatched it, reading it over. "Ahh," she drawled out, "Only four signatures - I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's just you four? Not much support?" she bit out mockingly.

They sent her angry looks. "Who do you think you are?" the person in charge sputtered out, incredulous.

Kagome tossed the clipboard back on the stall. "A concerned citizen," she said sarcastically.

Her friends wouldn't have been able to stop their snorts even if they tried...

That was such a huge lie, it wasn't even funny...

Spinning around to face the girl, Kagome continued speaking. "Separation of Church and State huh? First off, Halloween isn't a religious holiday, ergo that's null and void so suck on that."

Inuyasha, Miroku, and Onigumo started snickering as they girls giggled and cheered.

"Second, what you're doing is offensive to the people here. We're trying to enjoy tonight, and yet here you are dampening my good mood." Kagome held up the pamphlet and ripped it slowly. "Everyone who came here wouldn't be here if they didn't like Halloween you idiots. Spew your crap to someone who cares," she snapped before stalking off, inwardly reveling in their shocked faces.

Well, they won't be back next year, she was sure of that...

--0--0--0--0

As the group ducked under the shredded, torn rags that acted like curtains, and Kagome nodded in appreciation of the effect.

They approached a little haunted house, not the one they heard about, but another.

It wasn't until she explored more inside that things started go downhill.

They were walking down a hall, leading who knows where, when soft carnival music played to a suspenseful beat, bright lights flashing on and off, adding more points on Kagome's scale of the creep-o-factor.

It was like the beginnings of a creepy circus act.

And circus meant clowns...

Kagome licked her lips in irritation...

She hated clowns...

Taking a deep breath, she tried to remain unaffected. This was school. They wouldn't allow murdering clowns on the premises...

Would they...?

Kagome mentally shook her head, berating herself. She was acting ridiculous. There was no points in acting afraid of fucking clowns. Nope. No siree. She was seventeen, almost an adult.

Hell, if she could take on a creepy, dangerous, messed up psycho - she could definitely take on a freaking clown....

Her internal pep talk didn't seem to work so much as they approached the end of the hall, leading to a room which, from their position, contained a ring.

Then it just went straight to hell when they finally entered the room.

Clowns.

A lot of them.

Freaking everywhere....

That wasn't the worst part. Oh, hell no, not even freaking close.

They weren't painted like regular clowns with creepy happy grins on their faces. No, Kami wouldn't be that nice to her...

These clowns had feral grins painted on their faces, pearly whites showing, except they were drawn like sharp fangs - all of them.

And damn was it creepy like no other.

And not even that was the worst part.

Everything was quiet, save for the soft music giving a suspenseful undertone, and if Kagome didn't like clowns so goddamn much, then she would have appreciated and maybe even respected the thought out and well done effort behind this.

Fact was though, Kagome couldn't stand clowns.

Especially these clowns...

Oh Kami, especially these fucking clowns...

These cursed clowns moved like ghosts, the flickering lights only emphasizing their gliding effect.

One second one of them could before a ways in front of you.

The next second, for all you knew they could be right next to you, breathing down your neck...

Kagome tried to play it off as nothing serious, laughing slightly - though, if you paid enough attention, you could hear the nervous edge to it.

Kagome turned slightly to look over at Sesshomaru, mouth slightly ajar to comment on this little scene.

Except, Sesshomaru wasn't the one standing next to her.

No, instead of the pirate Taiyoukai that was supposed to be standing next to her, all Kagome saw was a creepy as fuck, shit eating grin lined with stark red paint and evil glinting eyes just staring at her.

And she swore she saw a hungry glint in those orbs, like they wanted to freaking devour her...

Nothing was said. No 'boo!', no noise to try and scare her.

Just. Silent. Staring.

Kagome just froze, her whole expression stilling for a few seconds before she finally blinked and turned forward, doing or saying absolutely nothing, just staring forward.

Mentally, she patted herself on the back for not jumping or letting out a high pitched scream, but she knew the truth.

She was stunned speechless, and it took a few more seconds - though to her it seemed like freaking for-ev-er - before she finally returned to Earth. Her heart, which momentarily stopped for a bit, returned pumping harsher than ever. Her lungs finally returned back to work and Kagome took a deep breath, trying to ignore the way goosebumps crawled all over her skin.

--Holy. Fucking. Shit.-- Kagome thought passionately, her lips mimicking the words.

Behind her, Sesshomaru was having a hard time holding back a deep chuckle - he was too far gone to hide the shit-eating grin that took residence across his face - this was just priceless. #So the fearless kickass new student of Sakura High isn't so fearless after all...# he murmured silently to himself.

His eyes crinkled in amusement. (And to something as inane as clowns...) his beast added in giddily. At that, he mentally shook his head.

This girl never ceased to surprise him...

Kikyo though was sending her cousin a pitying look, knowing all about her fear of anything clown.

Ever since their first time at the carnival when they were five and decided to sneak away from their parents and explore, only to end up in the circus tent where a group of clowns came up from behind them and surrounded them, saying nothing except waving the arms wildly and grinning, to what it seemed to them, in a sadistic manner, Kagome had an unnatural hatred to clowns....

Even then Kagome was a force to be reckoned with. It wasn't a surprise that she freaked out before long, ran up to a male clown, kicked him squarely between the legs, yelling all the while "Take that you creeper!!", before snatching Kikyo's hand and dragging her away in a sprint to find her parents...

Which, as soon as she did, she crashed into their legs and started wailing about the 'freaky people dressed in weird make up and hair that tried to kidnap them!'.

Of course, she was only five years old back then, a perfectly understandable reaction at the age.

Now? Now it was a little ridiculous, and a bit embarrassing...

But, she got used to the fact that being a part of the Higurashi family, it was like a packaged deal to feel embarrassed with such...unique... people as family, so it didn't take long to get used to it...

--o--o--o--

They had covered almost the whole festival when they were finally approaching the haunted house everyone was raving on and on about.

Kagome's eyes lit up when she realized what it was.

"Holy crap man!!! That-" one guy stammered out as he stumbled through the door, shaking in mixed fear, amazement and excitement. "That was just awesome!!" His breathing was practically labored as he grinned to his friends. "I've never been that scared in my life! And the effects!? Just, hell to the fucking yeah! Whoever did this is a god!"
Kagome grinned, nodding her head in self-satisfaction and pride. "I am sooo good," she said, mostly to herself, but the others of course heard it.
They all shared wary looks. If Kagome could get that effect, Kami knows what she did...
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Words- 7,755

This was really fun. And the story is progressing somewhat. XD

Sesshomaru and Kagome are finally gonna go out! X3

This fic probably seems like it has no plot - but I assure you! It does in fact have one! I just happen to take my sweet time in setting the stage ;)

Also, I hope that I didn't offend anyone with the whole 'Halloween is an act against God' thing. The point of that little scene was not to mock that, but protesting in general and I merely used it as an example.

It kinda spawned from that whole incident of that group of people deliberately protesting against the war, the army, and sexual orientation across the street from an ongoing funeral of a soldier a while back. Some of you US readers might know what I'm talking about.  To me, that's just fucking rude and a goddamn slap to the face. But I'll stop there before I go into a rant.  

And holy crap,  that circus thing? With the creepy silent clowns? That happened to me this Halloween while trick or treating! Me and my friend was walking up to this 'candy booth' on someone's driveway, and the whole family there dressed up just like I described, and they didn't say anything, just moved like freaking creepers. When I turned to look at my friend to say something, a clown just stood there, right in my face, staring silently. I honestly just stared back like an idiot for like a second before turning forward. My heart was racing like crazy.

And I don't get scared that easily. I'm the kind of person who starts laughing at the scary scenes in horror movies.

But moving on!   

The next chapter will be my favorite! I've been waiting to write this part for sooooo long!! XDD It's gonna be sooo good!!

Sorry for the long ass Author's Note!! ^^;;; Hope you all like this! Tell me what you think!! :)

Till laterssss!

RainLilyXD




Converting /tmp/phpndWvyX to /dev/stdout