InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 8
By Majicman55
 
 
“Would you relax, Kagome?” said InuYasha. “It's not that big a deal.”
 
“Maybe to you.” Kagome hunkered down till only her head was above water. “But in my time we wear bathing suits!”
 
Kagura chuckled. “You put on clothes to go swimming? How silly!”
 
The moon came out from behind the clouds and Kagome was able to see her companions a little better. She might not have youkai vision, but she could sure see better than she used to. Just at that moment, Sesshomaru came shooting clear out of the water, jackknifed, and reentered near his mate.
 
Kagome saw a little more than she wanted to. Then Sesshomaru floated on his back and she saw a lot more than she wanted to.
 
“Eeep!”
 
Kagura giggled. “You have to learn to keep your eyes on your own mate. Speaking of which, where is he?”
 
Kagome had been so distracted that she hadn't noticed InuYasha diving under the water and swimming between her legs.
 
InuYasha goosed her.
 
Kagome's jump, augmented as it was by the increased strength she had picked up from her mate, would have been a credit to any hanyou…or youkai, for that matter. She came clear out of the water, flailing in all directions.
 
Her landing was somewhat less graceful…although the splash was impressive. She was hyperventilating as she finally managed to scramble to her feet.
 
“In…Inu…ya…shaaaaaa!”
 
“Oi! You should have seen your face!”
 
“You! You did that!” Kagome strode up to InuYasha and started poking him in the chest.
 
InuYasha smiled at his mate. “At least you're over your modesty.”
 
Kagome eeped, crossed her arms and sank into the water. Everyone was laughing. She sighed and stood up again and let her arms fall back to her sides. “I guess we've all seen each other, anyway.”
 
“And this Sesshomaru is impressed.”
 
Kagome started to blush again.
 
“Yo! Cut it out, Fluffy.”
 
“Don't call me Fluffy!”
 
“Bastard. I finally get her to loosen up and you have to say something like that.”
 
Kagome, who was half hiding behind InuYasha, had a slightly puzzled look on her face. She had picked up a bit of InuYasha's ability to sense youkai and she was sensing a small one nearby. Slowly she sank down into the water and then came back up holding a crab…or, rather, a crab youkai.
 
“InuYasha,” she said. “You goosed me.”
 
“Feh! Someone had to do something to loosen you up.”
 
“Hmmm.” Kagome's free hand disappeared under the water and reached between her mate's legs. “Perhaps you'd like something to loosen you up.”
 
“S-stop it, Kagome. Not in front of…”
 
“Maybe my dog-boy does need a wittle somethin' to woosen him up.” Kagome slid her free hand back out from between his legs, then slid her other hand, holding the crab, into position. “Perhaps my wittle dog-boy just needs a firm grip to loosen him up.”
 
Kagome shook the crab youkai between InuYasha's legs under the water. Naturally, the crab looked for something to hold onto.
 
“YIPE!”
 
InuYasha jumped several times on one foot.
 
“It looks like he's loosening up.” Kagome smiled.
 
InuYasha danced on his other foot.
 
“YIPE! YIPE! YIPE! YIPE!”
 
“Yup. I'd say he's getting loose.”
 
Kagura put an arm around Kagome's shoulder. “You know? The more I get to know you, the more I like you.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Back in the castle of the Great Lord of the Western Lands, down in the cave that served as Jaken's quarters, a glowing ass floated above its makeshift altar as its most devoted worshipper lay exhausted on the floor beneath it.
 
“Time to go hunting,” it thought as it exited Jaken's quarters.
 
It felt its own power and was bolder now as it prowled Sesshomaru's castle. Soon it wouldn't even worry about Sesshomaru finding it, although it was still concerned with that hanyou and his miko mate. It still hadn't figured out why they concerned it so much, but it still felt anger - no, rage - when it thought about them.
 
It floated through the hallways of the castle, lost in its thoughts, until it almost collided with two of the night watch.
 
For a moment the ass and the two youkai just stared at each other.
 
“I haven't had any sake. Have you had any sake?”
 
“No. But I think I'm gonna get some.”
 
“What do we do?”
 
“I guess we have to challenge it.”
 
“You challenge it.”
 
“No, you challenge it.”
 
How do you challenge a floating ass?”
 
“Maybe we could, like, turn around and all go our separate ways?”
 
The first guard sighed. “Much as I hate to say it, I think we have to challenge it.”
 
“Okay. You do it.”
 
Reluctantly the first guard turned to the disembodied floating ass. “Umm…halt. Who…what…goes there?”
 
Both guards stepped back and raised their weapons as a low, ominious rumbling came from the ass.
 
“What's it doing?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
Several noisy puffs came from the floating ass. “My - name - is - Oshirimaru.”
 
“Seems appropriate,” said the first guard.
 
“What do you want here,” asked the second.
 
“I - want - you - to - worship - me.”
 
The guards looked at each other, then back at the trespasser. “We don't think so.”
 
“Then - you - shall - become - part - of - me.”
 
“What?”
 
Oshirimaru glowed a bright red and a sucking sound came from it. The two guards found themselves being pulled forward despite their best efforts. Finally, the first guard was pulled off his feet and drawn backwards. As the other watched with a certain horrified fascination, the guard's body seemed to stretch thin as he was drawn relentlessly into the floating, pulsating ass.
 
His last word was “Run!” - and then he was gone.
 
The second guard took off like a bat youkai out of hell.
 
 
******************
 
 
InuYasha sat cross-legged on the beach with the pulverized remains of a crab youkai beside him.
 
“Kuso! I can't believe you did that to me!”
 
“Yeah, well, you deserved it.” Kagome lay on her side beside her mate. “Besides, you'll heal. That's one of the nice things about you.”
 
“Huh?”
 
Kagome gave her mate an evil smile. “I can do whatever I want to you and you'll heal by morning.”
 
“Feh. Where are Sesshomaru and Kagura, anyway?”
 
“Back at the house. Sesshomaru was laughing so hard, Kagura decided she'd better take him away before you two got into a fight.”
 
“She's pretty smart.” InuYasha smiled sourly. “But you ain't.”
 
“What?”
 
InuYasha examined himself again and hissed in pain. “Guess what you're not getting tonight.”
 
“Hmmm. Let me see that.”
 
“Hey!”
 
Kagome cupped her hands over InuYasha's injured manhood and concentrated. A slightly purple glow came from her hands and, as InuYasha watched, it was as though his natural healing powers were accelerated a hundred fold. Before his eyes, the damaged tissue repaired itself and took on a healthy glow.
 
“Oi, that feels better.”
 
Kagome giggled. “I bet that's the first time spiritual powers have been used for that.”
 
“So does that mean you want to…”
 
Kagome jumped up and started running. “Gotta catch me first!”
 
“That's easy.”
 
“I know!”
 
Back in the house, Kagura stared with mock anger at her mate. “If you think you can avoid laughing at InuYasha, I'll call them in.”
 
Sesshomaru looked outside towards the beach. “This Sesshomaru thinks you'd better give them a little time.”
 
Kagura raised an eyebrow. “You mean?”
 
“I'd say that if she can heal this Sesshomaru's arm, healing something of InuYasha's would be child's play.”
 
There was a call of “InuYasha!” from the beach.
 
“Kagura smiled. “That doesn't sound like child's play to me.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Oshirimaru settled back into her place on the altar in Jaken's quarters. Hunting had been good. She had captured and absorbed three youkai and had gained considerably in power.
 
But where were the hanyou and his miko mate? Something told Oshirimaru that they were a grave danger to her and should be destroyed.
 
She didn't think she was strong enough for that yet, so she would have to keep building her power.
 
She had also noticed that the more youkai she absorbed, the easier it was to think. She recognized that prior to this she had been dealing with the world on an almost instinctual level, but now she found herself able to absorb information, process it, and plan a response.
 
It felt good.
 
She found that she could read the thoughts of weak-minded youkai just by concentrating on them. That was how she found out from Jaken that The Great Lord of the Western Lands had a weakness that was even now here at the castle…a human child named Rin.
 
It was as she pondered this information and how it could be of use to her that the Shinidama Chuu came flying into Jaken's cave.
 
Why did she seem to know them? She did not know, but soon, through her thought-reading skills, she divined what they were for…and smiled mentally.
 
There just might be a way she could use this Rin.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hey! Came up with a name for it. If you want to know what it means, I guess I could tell. Not here, though. <grin>
 
Maybe in an email.
 
Of course, I chose the name based on my limited on-line research, so I could be wrong. Don't think so, though, this time. If anyone gets it independently, I'll credit them in my next author's notes.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks!