InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 17
By Majicman55
 
 
Sesshomaru's acknowledged Kagome and InuYasha's arrival with a quick nod, and then returned his attention to his castle.
 
“Oi, what's going on?” asked InuYasha as Kagome slid off his back.
 
“Yes, what's going on?” echoed Kagome as she took up her bow.
 
“It is a miasma and it is thickening. This Sesshomaru's youkai have had to fall back. Already it is getting difficult to see.”
 
Kagome looked from their position to the castle. She thought she could just make out Oshirimaru poking out of the gate, adding to the miasma. “If you want me to, I think I could hit it with another fire arrow.”
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands reached over and gently pushed Kagome's bow down. “Not yet, miko. This Sesshomaru would prefer not to burn down his own castle, if possible. If this Sesshomaru's castle is filled with that miasma…”
 
Kagome blanched. “I…I didn't think of that. Actually, if there's enough…miasma…trapped in there, it could explode. So no fire arrows. Right.”
 
Another low rumble came from the area of the castle gate and the miasma got thicker yet.
 
“Keh. The smell's gettin' pretty bad, Sesshomaru.”
 
“Indeed.” The Great Lord of the Western Lands sent one of his youkai to fetch Kagura, who was at that moment looking after their daughter, Izayoi. “Tell her that she is needed right away.”
 
Just as the youkai left, Miroku arrived on Kirara. As soon as the monk dismounted, he used one hand to pinch his nose shut while making rather futile fanning gestures with the other. “What's going on, InuYasha?”
 
“It's a miasma.”
 
“I can smell that.”
 
“Sesshomaru thinks Oshirimaru is up to something,” said Kagome.
 
“This Sesshomaru believes Oshirimaru is planning to escape.”
 
Miroku frowned. “It makes sense. The gathering darkness, the miasma. It all makes it hard for even youkai senses to find her.”
 
“Yo.” Everyone looked up as Kagura descended on one of her feathers. “What's up?”
 
“This Sesshomaru asks you to dispel this miasma.”
 
“Is that all?” Kagura took out her fan and made some swirling gestures. A whirlwind appeared above the castle and began to suck up the miasma.
 
As the miasma thinned out, a shadowy figure came into view. Oshirimaru was finally in the open outside the castle. The group looked at each other for a brief moment and then charged down to confront their adversary.
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands was first to speak. “This Sesshomaru demands you release Rin's soul!”
 
Oshirimaru looked around nervously. Sesshomaru's youkai had moved forward to surround her on all sides. Some of the flying youkai hovered overhead, cutting off that avenue of escape. “Puff-I-will-puff-not-puff-release-puff-her-puff-soul. Puff-You-puff-do-puff-not-puff-dare-puff-attack-puff-while-puff-I-puff-hold -puff-it.”
 
A green glow appeared at Sesshomaru's fingertips. Suddenly a glowing whip appeared and flashed through the air.
 
“Pufffffffff-Aaaiiiieeeeeee!”
 
Sesshomaru withdrew his whip. “This Sesshomaru may not be able to destroy you yet, but this Sesshomaru can whip your ass.”
 
Suddenly the floating ass pulsed an angry red and a beam struck out towards the Great Lord of the Western Lands…only to meet a barrier that reflected it harmlessly.
 
Oshirimaru turned to a smiling Kagome. “Puff-Bitch.”
 
Kagome kept her eyes on the floating ass. “InuYasha...InuYasha?” The miko looked over at the hanyou. InuYasha was staring at Oshirimaru. Kagome stroked her own mating mark till InuYasha snapped out of it and looked towards his mate.
 
“Huh? What?”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“Feh. I can't help it. It's her ass.”
 
Kagome looked disgusted. “I don't care what you think it is. It's not Kikyo's ass. It never was Kikyo's ass.”
 
Miroku stepped forward. “Perhaps I can be of assistance.” Before anyone could stop him, the monk walked right up to Oshirimaru.
 
Both monk and ass stared at each other.
 
“Puff-Just-puff-what-puff-do-puff-you-puff-think-puff-you'r e-puff-doing?”
 
Miroku raised one eyebrow. Without realizing it, he had begun stroking the ass in a comforting motion. “There, there,” said the monk. “You don't really want to be evil, do you? It's not your fault that you're an ass…a really nice ass…but an ass.”
 
Everyone stared at Miroku and Oshirimaru. The former angry red glow had lessened in intensity. It seemed to be working.
 
Miroku continued to work his charms. “It is not your fault. Do not be so full of anger. You can choose to be good.”
 
“Puff-Choose-puff-to-puff-be-puff-good.”
 
Unfortunately, Miroku was starting to look a little green around the gills…and he was looking greener each time Oshirimaru spoke.
 
“You really want to release Rin, don't you?”
 
Oshirimaru gave a long sigh. “Pufffffffffffffffffff.”
 
Miroku staggered back, holding his nose and gagging.
 
Oshirimaru turned an angry red again. “Puff-you-puff-will-puff-die-puff-for-puff-your-puff-insult-puff-monk !”
 
Kagura dispelled the miasma around Miroku as the monk fought to catch his breath.
 
“What have you been eating?” choked out the monk.
 
“Get back!” cried out Kagome. “I'm going to use Kanna's mirror to retrieve Rin's soul!”
 
Miroku scrambled away as Kagome readied the mirror. The miko closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment. The surface of the mirror shimmered for a moment and steadied to reveal…
 
…Shippo and Kanna.
 
…naked.
 
…at the hot spring.
 
“Nice technique.” InuYasha was looking over Kagome's shoulder.
 
Kagome stared at the mirror. “This is serious, InuYasha. You said Kanna was in heat,” she hissed.
 
“In heat?” said Kagura. “My sis is in heat?” Kagura looked into the mirror. “Oooh, nice.”
 
“Feh.”
 
“She looks different, though. Oh my kami! She's got cleavage!” Kagura looked at Kagome and InuYasha. “You two must have been putting on quite a show.”
 
Kagome was blushing, again. “I taught her some new things, too.”
 
Kagura called Sesshomaru over. “Come over here, fluffy. You've got to see this.”
 
“You will not call this Sesshomaru `Fluffy!'” The Great Lord of the Western Lands caught a glimpse of the mirror. “Hmm, impressive.”
 
Miroku pushed his way into the circle around the mirror. “Let me see.” The monk pursed his lips and whistled. “Why, I didn't know he had it in him.”
 
“Oi. Looks more like he has it in her.”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
A low and ominous rumble came from behind them. “Puff-You-puff-will-puff-not-puff-ignore-puff-me!”
 
Kagura waved her fan dismissively, blowing the smell away.
 
Kagome looked closely at the mirror. “Hey! Where'd he learn to do that?”
 
“Feh. I talked with him.”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“What? I thought you wanted him to show her a good time.”
 
“But…But…you said she was in heat!” Kagome had a look of concentration on her face. “Wait. If you can tell she's in heat, can't Shippo tell?”
 
“Feh. Of course.”
 
“Puff-Floating-puff-ass-puff-back-puff-here. Puff-Remember?”
 
Kagura waved her fan again.
 
“Keh. He just wants to nail her.”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
“…like I wanted to nail you after I figured out you weren't Kikyo.”
 
“InuYasha! Wait. You did?”
 
“Especially when you were in heat.”
 
“Puff-Damn-puff-you!”
 
Kagura waved her fan, again. “Look at Kanna's face. The little minx wants to get nailed.”
 
“Indeed.”
 
“Look, she's starting to…”
 
“And Shippo's…”
 
InuYasha glanced back to find Oshirimaru looking over his shoulder at the mirror. He quickly rejoined the others in staring into the mirror.
 
“Oooo-oooooooooh.”
 
“Umm, InuYasha?” said Kagome. “Does this mean what I think it does?”
 
“Oi. Congratulations. You're a grandma.”
 
 
******************
 
 
The show was over for the moment. The group turned back to face a very angry Oshirimaru, who had floated away from the group.
 
“Puff-You-puff-will-puff-bow-puff-to-puff-me!”
 
“This Sesshomaru bows to no one.”
 
Kagome concentrated on the mirror again. This time when the surface stopped shimmering, the only thing in it was Oshirimaru. The miko smiled with satisfaction and pointed the mirror at the floating ass. “Stand back, everyone! I'm going after Rin's soul!”
 
The surface of the mirror glowed and a second glow appeared around Oshirimaru. The floating ass looked like it was trying to pull away, but couldn't. A small sphere of light began to emerge from between the two cheeks of the floating ass until there was a quite noticeable “pop” and the sphere sprung free and began floating into the sky.
 
Kagome looked to the Great Lord of the Western Lands. “Now, Lord Sesshomaru. Now you must call her back.”
 
Lord Sesshomaru looked up. “Rin.”
 
“Yes, Lord Sesshomaru?”
 
Everyone gasped. It was Rin.
 
“Rin, you will come along.”
 
“Yes, Lord Sesshomaru.” The sphere floated back down to hover beside Sesshomaru. “It stank in there, Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
“I'm sure it did, Rin.” As everyone watched, Sesshomaru led Rin's soul back to the part of camp where her body resided. “You're home, now, Rin.”
 
The sphere hovered for a moment above Rin's body, then sank into it. A moment later Rin's eyes opened and the little girl sat up. “Lord Sesshomaru!”
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands gathered Rin into his arms and held her close. No one could hear what they said to each other, but the little girl hugged her father tighter, if that was possible.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru?”
 
“Yes, Rin?”
 
“I need a bath.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome shook herself out of her reverie and looked around quickly. “InuYasha!”
 
“What?”
 
“She's gone!”
 
“Oi, what are you talking about? Rin's right…”
 
“Not Rin! Oshirimaru!”
 
“You're right! Where'd she go?”
 
Miroku was looking around urgently. “I thought that was too easy.”
 
Suddenly Kagome felt a sharp pain in her chest. There was a second pang, then a third. “The children!”
 
“Wh-What?”
 
“Lady Kagome!” shouted Miroku. “I sense an evil aura near your children! I fear it may be too late, but you must go to them!”
 
“InuYasha!”
 
The hanyou crouched down for Kagome to climb on his back.
 
“Miroku!” said Kagome. “Tell Lord Sesshomaru we need him…and Tenseiga. He must bring Tenseiga!”
 
InuYasha took off for the secondary camp where the children were being cared for.
 
Kagome called back, “And tell him to hurry!”
 
 
 
A/N: Uh-oh. Looks like it's “Grandma Kagome” now. Wonder how she'll react to that. The good news, Kagome's rescued Rin's soul. The bad news, but at a terrible cost. What will happen next?
 
As always, please read and review. And, as always reviews = inspiration to write new chapters. Thanks!