InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 23
By Majicman55
 
 
“Welcome to Hokkaido, everybody,” said Kagome as, once the miasma dissipated, everyone settled to earth on the shore. “In my time, the city of Hakodate will be…over there.” The miko pointed east and north of where they had settled. “And a few years before I was born the nations of the world will hold something called the Olympic Games near a city north of here called Sapporo.”
 
“O-limp-ick Games, Kagome?” said the taijiya.
 
“Yeah. There'll be skiing and skating and…”
 
“Skiing?”
 
“Ummm, yeah. You…uhh…tie boards to your feet…”
 
“Boards.”
 
“Yeah, boards. And you use `em to glide down mountains, on snow.”
 
“On snow.” Sango looked at Miroku, who was trying not to laugh.
 
“Yeah. On snow.”
 
“Lady Kagome,” said the monk. “Are you sure you weren't a little shaken up by all that bouncing around up in the air?”
 
“They really do it, Miroku.” Kagome was getting annoyed.
 
“And what is this skating, then?”
 
“You wear special shoes that have little…katanas…on the bottom of them.” Kagome was becoming aware how this all must sound. “Umm, and you use the blades to…uhhh…glide on ice.”
 
“This Sesshomaru would like to know why anyone would want to glide on ice.”
 
“You get points for it.”
 
“Points.” The Great Lord of the Western Lands arched one eyebrow.
 
“Although sometimes the judges are unfair and favor athletes from their own countries.”
 
“Then they should kill the judges.”
 
Kagome sighed in exasperation. “Not an option. You know, you and InuYasha would probably prefer hockey.”
 
InuYasha perked up at the mention of his name. “Oi. What's that?”
 
“Two teams skate against each other…”
 
“Oi. Borrrrring.”
 
“And they try to knock something called a puck into the other team's goal.”
 
“Still boring.”
 
“And you can knock the other team's players down and slam `em into walls, and there are lots of fights…”
 
“Oi! Sounds like my kind of game!”
 
Kagome had a brief vision of InuYasha and Sesshomaru playing ice hockey…InuYasha about to take a slap shot using Tetsusaiga…and Sesshomaru as the goalie, spinning in place with his whip knocking the puck away. She shook her head. This wasn't getting them anywhere. “Forget I brought it up. We need to keep after Naraku/Oshirimaru.” Kagome reached out with her senses. “Northeast, InuYasha.”
 
“Would you like me to set you two up on another feather?” asked the wind witch.
 
“Pass!” Kagome and InuYasha looked at each other when they realized they had spoken simultaneously. Kagome continued, “Thank you, but I think having InuYasha carry me will be a little easier on my stomach.”
 
Kagura smiled a little sheepishly. “If you're sure.”
 
“Oi. We're sure.”
 
Kagome climbed onto InuYasha's back and her hanyou mate took off in ground-eating bounds. The two were closely followed by The Great Lord of the Western Lands and Kagura.
 
Sango climbed onto Kirara's back and motioned for Miroku to climb on behind her. “Get on, already.”
 
“But, Sango, my dear. I have been meditating to increase the attraction my hands feel for…”
 
“Would you get on?”
 
Miroku climbed onto Kirara behind Sango and the fire cat immediately climbed into the air to follow the others. “But, Sango, my hands…”
 
“Monk…” The taijiya was concentrating on the specks flying ahead and the job of catching up with them when she felt…
 
…Miroku's hands on her ass.
 
The taijiya scowled. Why was he doing this? They were married, for kami's sake. He didn't have to keep acting like a…
 
…a…
 
…per…vert…
 
Sango's eyes began to glaze over. Actually, it felt kind of good. She scooted back a little and was surprised when she ran into something hard.
 
She was even more surprised when Miroku's hands added loosening her kimono to their rather lewd activities.
 
The taijiya decided she didn't need to catch up to the others as quickly as she had been. She was a little nervous when Miroku lifted her slightly and pulled her back into his lap, finally settling her down on his…
 
Sango gasped. When had he pulled up his own robes? And when had he relieved himself of his…?
 
Sango gasped again as she felt her husband penetrate her and she slid down upon him. At least her traveling kimono gave them some cover! She blushed furiously.
 
Miroku leaned forward over her shoulder and whispered, “Climb, Kirara.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Both InuYasha and Kagome looked back at Sango and Miroku, who had been catching up but were now hanging back and climbing.
 
“Wonder what they're up to,” said the miko.
 
“Oi. Joining the club, I imagine.”
 
“Oh……oh!”
 
“This Sesshomaru will go back and get them.”
 
“You will not,” declared his mate.
 
 
******************
 
 
The Naraku part of Naraku/Oshirimaru was getting increasingly frustrated. Every time he thought he was putting some distance between himself and his pursuers, the Oshirimaru part of him would get sick again. And if the morning sickness wasn't bad enough, there was the terrible gas.
 
The…terrible…gas…
 
He made up his mind: he had to find a way to rid himself of the part of him that had been Kikyo and now called itself Oshirimaru. He would get rid of her if it killed him.
 
Another rumble came from Oshirimaru.
 
 
******************
 
 
“Look, InuYasha! Another cloud of miasma!”
 
“Feh!” InuYasha didn't relish having to ride on one of Kagura's feathers again. “Can you shoot it with one of your fire arrows?”
 
Kagome brightened. “That's right. There's no danger of blowing anything up now. I can use Kirara to light one of my arrows!” The miko looked around and finally called out, “Kirara!”
 
They all heard the fire cat yowl in response from somewhere above them. They looked up to see Kirara rapidly descending till the fire cat came to an abrupt stop just off the ground.
 
When Kirara came to an abrupt stop, Miroku came to an abrupt stop, too, of course. Sango came to her own abrupt stop atop Miroku.
 
And even though her kimono provided some cover, there was no mistaking the result. The taijiya, eyes closed, screamed “Miroku!” and convulsed on her mate.
 
Miroku answered with his own cry of “Sango!” and quite plainly emptied his seed within his mate.
 
After the two's heavy breathing finally died down, they managed to open their eyes.
 
“This Sesshomaru is impressed.”
 
“Yo! Welcome to the club, you two.”
 
“Oi.”
 
“I can't believe you're such a pervert, Sango.”
 
InuYasha sniffed the air. “Oi, Kagome! You'd better light that arrow!”
 
“Right.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome smiled once more at Sango, then extended one of her arrows to the Kirara, who allowed her to light it off one paw.
 
Quickly she turned and released the missile. “Hit the mark!”
 
The flaming arrow traveled in a long arc until…
 
<WHHHOOOOMMMPPP>
 
 
******************
 
 
They all heard the cry of pain from ahead of them. Although they all knew it was Naraku/Oshirimaru, they couldn't help being struck by the impression of a demon-like creature trying to outrun its own flaming tail. After but a moment, all they could see was a long streak of fire heading northeast.
 
“Kagome?” said InuYasha.
 
“Yes, Aoimaru was there…and I can still feel him. Northeast! Follow those flames!”
 
 
******************
 
 
“Puff-Ow! Puff-Ow! Puff-Ow! Puff-Ow! Puff-Ow!”
 
Naraku/Oshirimaru flew around wildly till they found a small lake they could use to quell the flames.
 
“Ahhh-h-h,” Naraku sighed in relief as he stood in the cooling water. Evidently Oshirimaru had found relief to as he felt a gentle rumbling coming from that part of them. He looked down in time to see…bubbles…rising towards him.
 
“Oh…no…”
 
<BAA…LOOOOOP>
 
The bubbles were worse.
 
The creature rose out of the water and resumed its flight.
 
 
******************
 
 
“There's something familiar about this,” muttered Kagome.
 
“What is it, koi?” asked InuYasha.
 
“I've…been here…before.”
 
Sango looked over from her perch upon Kirara, the monk still behind her. “What is it, Kagome? Your miko senses acting up? Or, perhaps a flash of memory from a previous life?”
 
“I think…I was here…on a field trip.”
 
“This Sesshomaru would like to know, what is a field trip?”
 
“It's when they take you out of school to see something that most of the kids could care less about…except you do get out of school…so it's worth it.”
 
Everyone was staring at Kagome.
 
“Forget I said anything.” The miko looked around again. “But I could still swear I've been here before.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Naraku/Oshirimaru stood, staring, at the spectacle before them. For the second time in just a few minutes, a jet of hot water erupted from a hole in the ground within walking distance of the sea.
 
A few minutes later, it happened again. It was almost as if there was some sort of huge creature buried there…a source of tremendous power if only Naraku/Oshirimaru could figure out how to use it.
 
It erupted again.
 
If only he could lure those wretches close enough when it erupted. It might not kill the three youkai and the hanyou, but it would kill the humans…and especially that bitch of a miko.
 
How could it be done?
 
Naraku/Oshirimaru suddenly remembered that it still held the third child of InuYasha and Kagome within itself.
 
Bait.
 
Plus, the creature held one more trump card. It was pregnant…and the softhearted miko would never allow InuYasha to kill it under the circumstances.
 
Naraku/Oshirimaru smiled. It might take very careful timing, but if things worked out right, they'd finally be rid of Kagome and the other humans…but especially Kagome.
 
“And then,” thought the Naraku part of the beast, “I'll finally rid myself of…
 
Another low rumbling came from Oshirimaru.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Looks like Sango and Miroku finally joined the club. But now Naraku/Oshirimaru is setting a trap.
 
On a special note, again, the story is winding to a close and I don't expect to write more than one more chapter and an epilogue. Look for hints of a new story in the epilogue. Not a direct sequel, but some of the same characters (think “the children of”). I'll look forward to getting reactions to the possible new story in the final reviews.
 
As always, please read and review. And, as always reviews = inspiration to write new chapters. Thanks!