InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts ❯ A Mother Miko's Instincts Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother Miko's Instincts - Chapter 22
By Majicman55
 
 
Naraku/Oshirimaru fled north. The irony of it all was that in losing most of the youkai from Sesshomaru's castle, and in losing another of InuYasha and Kagome's children, the combination creature's internal battle that was canceling its own powers had abated as well.
 
This didn't mean that they didn't try to rebuild their power.
 
The problem was that every time they spied a youkai and absorbed it, the internal battle rekindled till they were forced to eject the youkai from their system. Thus they left an easy-to-follow trail of confused and grossed out youkai in their wake.
 
Not that Kagome couldn't follow them anyway, as could Miroku…the miko because she instinctively knew where Aoimaru was headed, the monk for somewhat more prurient reasons.
 
“Why are you sweeping your hands back and forth that way, Miroku?” asked Sango as the pair rode Kirara northward. Sango also wondered why her husband had insisted on riding up front.
 
“Um. I am using my…spiritual powers…to help locate the creature.”
 
InuYasha had overheard the whole conversation. “Oi! He's our ass detector.”
 
“Your what?”
 
Kagome actually giggled despite the seriousness of their situation. “He can feel it when his hands are pointing towards a really nice ass.”
 
Suddenly the monk could feel two angry eyes burning their way into the back of his skull. “…which is why I insisted you ride in back, dear Sango. Otherwise, you would have interfered with my ability to…”
 
Sango interrupted the monk. “Kagome!”
 
“Yes?” Kagome answered from her perch on InuYasha's back.
 
“Is it true that you can find the creature without Miroku's help?”
 
“Yes, I think so.”
 
<THUNK>
 
“Good.”
 
InuYasha just shook his head. “I actually feel sorry for him this time.”
 
After a few more minutes of travel, InuYasha couldn't stand it any longer. “Oi. Did you mean what you said last night?”
 
“Huh? About what?”
 
“About gettin' pregnant again.”
 
“Oh,” Kagome giggled. “I guess it's theoretically possible. If the youkai healing ability I got from you interpreted my birth control as an illness, it's possible it would `heal' me. Then I could get pregnant.”
 
“But that didn't happen?”
 
“Well-l-l…”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Nahhhh.” Kagome smirked. “I know it's not an illness, and I'm pretty much in tune with my body. I think I'd have to actually will it to `heal' me to make it work.” On one of InuYasha's leaps, Kagome leaned down next to her mate's ear and whispered, “Want me to do it? Your seed is still inside me, you know.”
 
InuYasha nearly barrel rolled them both on his next landing and leap. “Don't do that to me!”
 
Kagome stroked her mate's ears. “You know, I could probably decide to `heal' myself anytime I wanted to. You'd never know…”
 
“Feh!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Up above the couple, Kagura rode her feather beside Sesshomaru, who was riding one of his clouds. “I like her. She's evil…”
 
Sesshomaru raised one eyebrow.
 
“…but in a good way,” Kagura sniggered.
 
“Indeed.” The Great Lord of the Western Lands was no fool. He had deduced what Kagome meant when she talked about birth control and would talk with the miko about it later. When the wind witch went into heat, it drove him crazy, but mating at that time would almost inevitably result in another pup…or pups.
 
Sesshomaru had this vision of himself sitting in his castle with said pups crawling all over him. Not that he minded breeding with Kagura, but, especially under the influence of the oversexed miko from the future, the likelihood of being overwhelmed by sheer numbers was looking greater.
 
Besides, it might be…nice…to mate with Kagura while she was in heat…without having to worry about creating more pups. One thing worried him, though: the talk about using youkai healing powers to cancel the birth control. Kagura wouldn't do that to him…would she?
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands glanced over to his mate.
 
Kagura was paying half her attention to where they were going, and the other half was spent on cooing to the pup inside her.
 
“This Sesshomaru is in deep dog doodoo.”
 
“What was that, Fluffy?”
 
“Nothing…and don't call me Fluffy!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Naraku/Oshirimaru was in a panic. It didn't help that Oshirimaru had developed morning sickness, aggravated by the stress of their flight, and insisted on using the Naraku part of the creature to vomit about once an hour. And it also didn't help that this had slowed their flight to such a degree that they were in imminent danger of being captured.
 
“This is all your fault, Kikyo,” hissed Naraku.
 
Puff-My-puff-fault? Puff-You're-puff-the-puff-one-puff-who-pufffff-decided-puff-to-puff-mate.&# 8221;
 
“Shut up.”
 
“Puff-And-puff-stop-puff-calling-puff-me-puff-Kikyo. Puff-I-puff-am-puff-not-puff-Kikyo. Puff-The-puff-name-puff-is-pufffff-O-shi-ri-ma-ru.”
 
“Shut up.”
 
“Puff-Repeat-puff-after-puff-me. Pufffff-O-shi-ri-ma-ru.”
 
“Just shut up.”
 
“Puff-I-puff-think-puff-I'm-puff-getting-puff-gas.”
 
Naraku looked down just in time to be greeted by…
 
 
******************
 
 
Miroku was finally waking up. “Wh-What was that?”
 
“Oi. Sango clobbered you again.”
 
“N-Not that.” Miroku glared at InuYasha. “I know she hit me. I was talking about an ominous presence I just felt.”
 
Kagome was frowning. “I felt it, too.”
 
“Look!” shouted Sango as she pointed in their direction of travel.
 
Ahead of the group was a tremendous cloud of miasma…and it was growing by the second. Presently, the smell became worse and worse till it became unbearable to all, but especially to the hanyou and the youkai. Even Kagura's wind could barely make a dent in it.
 
“We'll have to wait…or go around it,” Sango suggested.
 
Kagome turned to Sesshomaru and Kagura. “Just how high can you go,” she asked.
 
The two youkai looked at each other. “This Sesshomaru has never tried to see how high he could get.”
 
Kagome mused. “You'll find the air gets thinner the higher you go, but I think we can get over that.” The miko turned to Kagura. “Can you use another feather to fly InuYasha and me along with you?”
 
“I think so.”
 
“Good. Kirara can carry Miroku and Sango.”
 
 
******************
 
 
After a quick break for lunch (ramen, of course), Kagura enlarged an extra feather for InuYasha and Kagome and they all got underway.
 
“Higher,” declared InuYasha. “I can still smell it.”
 
“This Sesshomaru concurs. This miasma is fearsome, indeed.”
 
Sango was wearing her taijiya mask against the stench. “I do not think it is poisonous, but it sure is noxious.”
 
“Please climb, Kirara,” gasped Miroku.
 
Kagome's eyes got wide when she looked over at the fire cat. The little flames that normally appeared around her paws were guttering and flaring. “Climb! We have to climb!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome noticed that the flames around Kirara's paws had settled back to normal. The miko looked down and gulped. They were so far up that the people and animals they could see were mere specks.
 
It was one thing to look down from an airplane. It was quite another to look down from an oversized feather. “We could probably join the Mile High Club from up here, InuYasha.”
 
“Eh?”
 
Kagome blushed. “Forget I said anything.”
 
“This Sesshomaru would like to know what this `Mile High Club' is, too, miko.”
 
“Uh…ummm…to join the club, you have to have sex…”
 
“You mean, rut?” asked InuYasha.
 
“Yeah.” Kagome blushed even more. “You have to have sex…”
 
“Rut.”
 
“…rut…at least a mile up in the air.”
 
“Keh! Human's can't fly.”
 
“They can in my time,” said Kagome. “In machines. You've seen them, InuYasha…up in the sky.”
 
“Feh! You've got a lot of Miroku's in your time, don'tcha?”
 
“I resent that remark,” said a grinning Miroku.
 
Kagome looked from Miroku to her mate to the Great Lord of the Western Lands, who was whispering something in Kagura's ear.
 
Kagura giggled and pushed Sesshomaru back. “Not now. I have to keep my concentration on…” Kagura looked back at Kagome and realized the miko was staring at her. “Don't worry, I won't let you fall.”
 
“What's that?” asked Miroku, pointing ahead.
 
Kagome looked where the monk was indicating. “Oh. That's Hokkaido. I wonder why they're going there.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Again, Naraku wiped his watering eyes. “Can't…see…damnit.”
 
“Puff-Serves-puff-you-puff-right.”
 
“Are we still headed north?”
 
“Puff-We've-puff-crossed-puff-some-puff-water-puff-and-puff -are-puff-over-puff-another-puff-land.
 
“We are?”
 
“Puff-Maybe-puff-you-puff-should-puff-have-puff-stopped-puf f-and-puff-asked-puffff-directions.”
 
“I don't need directions!”
 
“Puff-Suit-puff-yourself.”
 
“Where the hell are we?”
 
Oshirimaru just smirked. There was a brief rumble, then…
 
 
******************
 
 
“There it is again,” declared Miroku. “Not as powerful, but strong enough.”
 
“At least we're up here, now,” said Sango. The taijiya looked over at her friend. Kagome had a faraway look in her eyes. Sango had Kirara fly closer to the large feather Kagome and InuYasha were riding on. “What's the matter, Kagome? Do you sense Aoimaru?”
 
“Uhh-h-h…”
 
What was wrong with Kagome? InuYasha was holding his mate protectively inside his haori and was rocking her back and forth in his lap. Indeed, the hanyou had a faraway look in his eyes as well.
 
It was then Sango noticed it: Kirara was none too happy about flying this close to InuYasha and Kagome. The fire cat kept trying to inch away from the two. Sango looked more closely at her friend and her mate. Just what were they…
 
Kagome moaned and a great shudder passed through her, followed closely by another great shudder passing through InuYasha.
 
Sango's eyes got very big.
 
Miroku smiled. “I think we just watched Kagome and InuYasha joining that Mile High Club.”
 
Sango couldn't help staring at her adoptive sister.
 
Kagome looked back. “Sorry `bout that.”
 
Sango finally allowed Kirara to do what the fire cat had wanted to do and fly her and Miroku to a respectable distance. “I'm surrounded by perverts,” she muttered.
 
“I would be careful when making that assertion, my dear Sango,” said Miroku.
 
“And why is that, pervert?”
 
“Because if you don't stop doing that and take your hands out of my robes, Kirara will probably be distressed at the result.”
 
Sango stopped her motion and shouted, “Pervert!” followed by a quick slap.
 
Miroku rubbed the red palm print on his face. “Not that I mind, but what did you do that for? We're married now, you know.”
 
Sango leaned forward and rested her chin on Miroku's shoulder. “I'm sorry. I just don't want Kagome to think I'm getting perverted, too.”
 
“Oi! The woman who stakes you out naked and has her way with you doesn't want us to think she's perverted. That's rich!”
 
Both Miroku and Sango were blushing. The monk managed to stammer out, “B-But how did you hear…”
 
Both InuYasha and Kagome pointed to their ears and chuckled. “Hanyou hearing.”
 
Suddenly the feather InuYasha and Kagome were riding on began to jerk uncontrollably.
 
“What the hell?” yelled the hanyou.
 
All eyes turned up to where Sesshomaru and Kagura were supposed to be. All anyone could see was a small cloud.
 
The oversized feather began to falter, then fall.
 
“InuYasha!”
 
Sango yelled for Kirara to chase the falling couple, but then a funny thing happened. The feather stopped falling, then rose sharply, then fell just as sharply.
 
Kagome and InuYasha held on for dear life as the feather gyrated wildly and jerked rapidly up and down sometimes a hundred feet at a time. Finally, the feather flew up almost a thousand feet in scant seconds…then settled back down in a series of plateaus and falls.
 
It was all Kagome and InuYasha could do to catch their breath.
 
After a few minutes, the small cloud dissipated to reveal the wind witch and the Great Lord of the Western Lands still traveling north as if nothing had happened.
 
“Looks like someone else joined Kagome's Mile High Club,” said the monk, again smiling.
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands looked down at the rest of the group. “This Sesshomaru has no idea what you are talking about.”
 
At least Kagura looked happy.
 
 
 
A/N: I guess Kagome and InuYasha are charter members of the Mile High Club, but is Naraku the first male to refuse to ask directions?
 
On a special note, the story is winding to a close and I don't expect to write more than a few more chapters…three at most, but who knows? Look for hints of a new story in the last chapter. Not a direct sequel, but the same characters (think “the children of”). I'll look forward to getting reactions to the possible new story in the final reviews.
 
As always, please read and review. And, as always reviews = inspiration to write new chapters. Thanks!