InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Friend ❯ Katsuo's Journey ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Katsuo's Journey
 
“Ow!” yelled Inuyasha. “Geez, what is that stuff, herbs or acid?!” “Oh, quiet down, Inuyasha,” said Kagome. “It's a special kind of herb Katsuo made for us.” Inuyasha looked at the boy. “Yo, boy!” he barked. “Couldn't you have given us something that wouldn't put me in more pain than I'm already in?!” “Sorry,” said Katsuo. “But that'll heal you faster than any other herb you'll find.” “Besides, Inuyasha,” said Miroku. “There's no need to be so ungrateful. After all, this boy did save us.” “By the way,” said Sango. “Why did you save us?” “Because you were about to be killed by demons.” Sango laughed at that but said, “I meant, what were you doing here, and how did you happen to be here at the same moment those demons were about to kill us?” “Well,” began the boy. “I've been searching for the shards of the Shikon jewel.” “Why?” asked Kagome. “So you can get even stronger?” “No, because I've heard tales around the land that there is a group of travelers gathering and purifying the sacred jewel. There's a demon who wields a sword of incredible strength, and a monk who can suck up demons by the hundred with some kind of mystic void in his hand. I've also heard they are accompanied by two beautiful women, one a priestess who is able to purify the jewel, and the other a demon slayer wielding a giant boomerang. And of course, the little kitsune, whom some of the girls seemed to be so fond of. So you're them huh? The monk, the demon, the kitsune, and of course the beautiful maidens.” “That's us,” said Inuyasha. “Except for the beautiful maidens part,” he added looking at Kagome and Sango. “Hmph,” they said. “At least he isn't blind like the rest of the guys in our group.” “Really?” asked Inuyasha. “Because it sounds like to me, he needs his eyes checked.” “SIT!” shouted Kagome. Inuyasha slammed into the ground. “Sit, sit, sit, sit!” Katsuo looked at Kagome questioningly. “It's a subduing spell,” explained Kagome. “For when he's bad!” she yelled at Inuyasha. “Anyways,” said Kagome, as Inuyasha got up grumbling. “You've been looking for us? To give the shards to?” “Yep,” said Katsuo. “My,” said Miroku. “Somebody who actually wants to give us the shards with out a fight.” Katsuo handed the jewels over to Kagome. “Sorry, I don't have too many,” he apologized. “That's ok,” replied Kagome. “Thank you for giving us these. You've been a big help.” “Hmph,” said Inuyasha, a little uncertain of what he thought of this kid. “So what are your abilities?” he asked, standing. “I fight with my mind,” said Katsuo. “How the Hell do you fight with your mind?” asked Inuyasha. Katsuo glanced at Inuyahsa and his legs suddenly gave out on him. “What's going on?” cried Inuyasha. “That is how you fight with your mind,” said Katsuo. Suddenly Inuyasha stopped thrashing and was able to stand. “Is that all you can do?” asked Inuyasha. “Well… no. I can summon fire and bend it to my will and I'm psychic in the sense that I can read minds, and use telekenisis.” “So without your powers, you'd pretty much be dead meat, huh?” said Inuyahsa. “Inuyasha!” said Kagome. “Why do you keep challenging Katsuo?” she said. “Because, I don't trust him, and I think he's hitting on you, calling you and Sango `beautiful maidens',” said Inuyahsa. “I'm not hitting on them,” said Katsuo. “But I meant no offense when I called them beautiful. I didn't realize you and Kagome were in love, my apologies.” Kagome and Inuyahsa both blushed a deep red. “Uh, are you ok?” said Katsuo. “You're faces are all red.” “We are not in love!” yelled Inuyahsa, jumping at him. He swung at Katsuo but Katsuo simply ducked, he tried to swing with his claws but Katsuo stepped to the side. Finally, Inuyasha was getting annoyed. “Stand still!” he yelled, unsheathing the Tetsuiga. He swung at Katsuo, a swing that would have killed any human being. Katsuo simply stuck his index finger out and blocked it with his finger. “What the?!” grunted Inuyasha. “I'm not just some kid who relies on powers to help me live,” said Katsuo. “I can fight with my hands, weapons like swords and knives are just tools that people use to make themselves feel stronger.” “Wow,” said Shippo who had been silent through most of the conversation. “Would you be able to teach me to fight with my mind and with no weapons like that?” “Why would you need to learn that?” asked Katsuo. “Because I'm not that strong and if I learned to do that, I'd be able to defend myself,” said Shippo, looking down and blushing, since he was embaressed. “Well, I guess I could teach you,” said Katsuo. “But it would take decades to learn. Are you willing to spend all that time learning?” “Uh…” said Shippo, a little shocked at the amount of time it spent to learn the techniques.” “You may decide later if you want to learn or not, but for now I'll go over the basics with you,” said Katsuo. “So I guess you'll be traveling with us?” asked Kagome. “If you'll let me,” said Katsuo. “We'd be happy to, wouldn't we Inuyahsa?” said Kagome. “Fine,” sighed Inuyahsa. “All right!” said Shippo and Katsuo together. “Let's get moving then,” said Katsuo. With that, the gang left with their newest member.