InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Love ❯ Secret Training ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 1: Secret Training

“Ye have worked hard Kagome and far exceeded that of extending my own aura at your age” voiced an elderly woman named Kaeda.
“Arigato, Kaeda-babaa, I am sure this miko training will come in handy very soon” spoke an eighteen year old Kagome. “Shall we pick up were we left off when I come back? I want to take an extremely long bath.”
“Of course my child” She said standing up and grinning widely at the she thought must be tired. “I shall tell everyone were you have gone."
“Arigato, and make sure to keep an eye on Miroku-san,” she said standing up herself and walking towards the curtain door, pushing it aside, but suddenly stopping. She turned her head and said in quite excided voice, “Oh, do not forget that today is an extra special day, so I have a big surprise for everyone!” and with that she skipped off in the direction of the lake.
Kaeda look puzzled as to why this was an extra special day, but overwhelmed and curious as to what the big surprise was. As she went to go start lunch Miroku, Sango, and Shippo entered the hut.
“Ah, Oba-chan I was hoping to get a word with Kagome about this surprise I have been hearing for a while now” told by Miroku as the other two nodded in excitement.
“Yeah she keeps saying she has something she wants to show us, but every time I ask what it is she says I’m just going to have to wait, and that it is a surprise” said the eager little kitsune.
“So, where did Kagome-chan go?” Miroku said in his innocent ton.
“She is on her way to the lake” Kaeda replied.
As that was said he lifted an eyebrow and left the hut without another word, also heading of in the direction of the lake.
“InuYasha is going to kill him for this” Shippo said while the others just nodded in agreement.
“I am sure this will be quite a sight to behold” the monk whispered, following the trail left by the innocent Kagome. About ten feet from the lake....
CRASH!!!
Miroku hit something and then fell to the floor with a large thump.
“I should have known,” he sighed, picking himself up and poking the unmistakable barrier, “I guess I will only have Sango to look at now” he said walking back to the hit to ‘enjoy’ the presence of a certain exterminator.
But unknown to anyone what the young miko was real doing. Right next to the lake Kagome was swinging an extra large branch (which should be way too heavy for her) like an expert swordsman. “Okay, I have mastered that. I will just have to have branch in some bushes. Sitting cross legged on the floor, eyes closed, one finger in the water, she spoke, “Ice” sending a pulse into the water and opened her eyes as the water froze. Closing her eyes once more she muttered, “Fire,” the frozen lake cracked and the water underneath it started to boil. Opening her eyes to see how she did (all the water had evaporated). She raised her hand over the lake and said, “Water,” and rain magically pored from her hands, filling and cooling the lake once more.
“Well, now onto disguises.” Kagome said with a big smile on her face. “These are my favorites” she said standing up and looking at her reflection in the lake.
Coming her hair with her hands her hair started to turn white with every touch as well as lengthening it. “Now for the ears,” pointing to her ears and dragging them up to the top of her silver head of hair. And with a flick they turned to dog ears.
“Clothing,” Kagome put a hand on her shoulder, dragging it down to her wrist. Her white school sleeve turned into a long red one. Repeating the same the same thing with all the other articles of clothing on her body as it turned into an all too familiar red Haori.
“Now the rest of the body.” Clapping her hands, which suddenly became muscular and grew claws. Then put a hand to her face, swiping it over her neck, all the way to her feet. Looking at her reflection as Inuyasha.
“Per- oh, forgot the voice,” said Kagome as Inuyasha, pointing to its throat and said, “Mimic.”
“Ah, perfect,” the disguised Kagome said, “Now to turn back to myself and take a much deserved bath.”
Then with a “Vanish” Kagome undressed and went into the lake to take her bath.