InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Love ❯ The Unexpected Surprises ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2: The Unexpected Surprises

When Kagome stepped into the hut a big brown fur ball jumped onto her shoulder and said, “So what is so special about today Okaa-san?”
“I’ll tell you Shippo. Today is my eighteenth birthday, the third year anniversary of when I first arrived in this era, and the third year anniversary of when I unsealed Inuyasha, meaning it's his third rebirthday,” she said with a large smile on her face.
“OOOHHH, this is a really special day,” the kitsune said also smiling. “So what's your big surprise Kagome?”
“I’ll show you if everyone is here,” she said looking around to see one pair of eyes missing, “Where’s Inuyasha?” she said frowning.
“I believe he said he smelt something and left,” noted the monk, "I don’t think he will be back for a while.”
“Well then, we're just going to have to find him 'cause I don’t want to wait anymore,” Kagome stated, “Lets all go and surprise him. I’ll find him while Shippo tells me which way is upwind of him.”
After a few moments Sango, Miroku, and Shippo nodded there heads out of eagerness as well as to see if the could actually sneak up on the hanyou.
“OK then let me spread my aura,” as this was said everyone felt a sudden happiness in them. Kagomes’ aura spread all the way, deep into the forest, as she suddenly felt the hanyou and retracted before he could notice, “Found him,” pointing in the direction of which Inuyasha was in, “Shippo which way is upwind?”
“Well if we head straight towards him he shouldn’t be able to smell us,” he said still on his adopted mothers shoulder.
“Let’s go, and make sure to be quiet,” as they all set of in the direction Kagome pointed to.
Unwilling to keep quiet for long Kagome spoke while she was still out of earshot, “I’m know you’ll love my surprise. I’ve been perfecting them for so long. Oh, and it’s going to be so funny when I do this one thing, and we’ll never have to worry about being to hot, cold, or thirsty whenever we camp again.”
When she stopped talking everyone else looked at each other and then her.
“Kagome-chan is that why you take so long on your baths?” Sango asked.
“Yes” she replied.
“And why you have that barrier around the lake as well?” asked the monk in his innocent tone.
“Yes. Wait how do you know about the barrier,” she said turning around accusingly and then yelled, “HENTAI!!!”
BONK
Sango had hit him hard enough to make him fall but light enough to make sure he didn’t make that much of a sound.
Both being satisfied they started walking again, Shippo still on Kagomes’ shoulder pointing the way.
After about five minutes Kagome just halted. Sango and Miroku almost bumping into her, as they saw what made there friend stop, and just stood there in shock. It was Kikyo and Inuyasha hugging. They didn’t seem to notice the rest of the gang.
“Inuyasha,” Kikyo said, “How do you feel about me?” lightly pushing away just enough to see his eyes but still be in his embrace.
“I love you Kikyo, I always have, and I always will.” At his last words the undead priestess kissed him.
“I have to go now, we will see each other very soon,” and with this she was gone.
Lifting his fingers to his lips. He turned around about to head back to his friends when he found they had been watching him the whole time. This was extra weird, usually only Kagome would be the one watching, this time it was the whole group. He looked at Sango, than Miroku, (both still in shock) to Shippo (still on Kagomes' shoulder) and finally to Kagome. She was just standing there, emotionless, but in her eyes were hurt and betrayal. After a few moments of locked gazes she ran.
Kagome ran as hard as she could, heart pounding, and crying. She made it to Kaedas’ hut in about a minute. No one was in there and she was thankful for that. She went her pack, took out four of the ten shards the group had collected, and put them on the small table. She put everything she owned in her pack and ran once more. When she got to the well she just jumped in without stopping.
Back to the others in the group.
“Inuyasha, how could you do that to Kagome-chan?!” the exterminator yelled.
“No wonder why she goes back to her own era so much,” spoke the monk.
“Yes. I’m surprised she stayed with you this long. I know I would have left ages ago if it were me,” said the exterminator.
The monk nodded in agreement and added, “And on such a special day too.”
“Housie-sama, may I borrow your staff for a moment?” she asked.
“Of course,” he said handing it over, “but whatever for?”
“For this!”
SWAK!!!
Hitting Inuyasha out of his dase
“Hey! What was that for!” the hanyou growled.
“It was for upsetting Kagome-chan,” handing back the staff.
“We better get back to the village and await Kagome-samas’ arrival” walking back the direction they came.
Present time
This was just one time to many Inuyasha,’ Kagome thought as she exited the well and entered the shrine still in tears. Running to the kitchen she grabbed whatever food doesn’t expire fast and stuffed into her backpack. Then running to her room and grabbed some winter, summer, and night clothes.
Hearing a ruckus, Kagomes’ little brother Souta ran to her room. “What’s going on?” he said seeing his sister running around the room shoving whatever she can find in her pack.
“Souta,” she said kneeling and hugging her brother.
“Kagome, you’re scaring me,” he said, trying to get out his sisters’ bear hug.
“I’m sorry,” she said, letting him go and wiping her tears, “is anyone else home?”
“No, just me.”
“Oh. Tell every one I’m sorry, but I probably won’t be back for another year,” she said putting her head down, “I need to sort out my thoughts and feelings. As well as I’m not going to be traveling with Inuyasha any more.”
“Why not?” Souta said disappointed.
“Because he chose an undead priestess over her, that jerk” voiced a brown blur that landed in front of Kagome.
“AAAHHH!!!” Souta yelled hiding behind his sister.
“Shippo, how did you get here? I thought you couldn’t go through the well,” she said looking confused, but then seeing her brother she said in a reassuring tone, “It’s okay, he’s a friend.”
“I don’t know, I just hid under your hair when you were running and suddenly ended up here,” he said pointing to where he was standing.
Souta carefully walked behind Shippo and lightly grabbed his tail knowing they hated there tails being grabbed, “It’s real!”
“Of course it’s real!” he yelled taking his tail back.
“Don’t think bad of him Shippo, the only other demon he’s ever seen is Inuyasha, and he’s only half,” Kagome said suddenly looking sad, “we better go before somebody else comes 'cause I hate saying goodbye,” turning to leave.
“Okay, by Souta” Shippo waved and then jumped on Kagomes’ shoulder.
“I will miss you Onee-chan!” Souta called out as they reached the well.
“So will I!” and with that she jumped.
“Kagome, where are we going?” Shippo sighed happy to be in familiar territory.
“Were going to visit Totousai, once we get a holy dragon fang. Just the two of us.”