InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Love ❯ Traveling ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: Traveling

Three arrows shooting through the sky hit an Octopus, that is walking on land, in the middle of its forehead. It slowly, but surly fell down sideways with a big thump on the ground. Out of a group of four human like figures, one in white and red went up to the creatures forehead and picked out a Shikon shard. When she got back to the group she handed it to the person all in red.
“Nice job Kikyo,” the Inuyasha said.
“Yes we now have six shards,” Miroku said dryly.
“Can we leave now?” Sango said impatiently.
“Um, Sango, Miroku, can I talk to you for a minute?” Inuyasha said, pushing them away from the other member of the group.
As they gathered together, Miroku had his usual neutral look on while Sango had a pissed off look and Inuyasha looked agitated with just a pinch of dismay.
“What’s wrong with you guys? She is all that we’ve got right now. Kagome abandoned us,” he said, then realizing what he said he was about to take it back but it was too late. Sango was beyond pissed.
“She abandoned us! She did not abandon us! The only reason we were left here with you was because she knew! She knew that if she came back for us that you would be there and convince her to stay, and that you would hurt her feelings again, and again, and again!!!” Sango yelled.
“She is most likely right you know,” Miroku agreed, “For we did nothing to Kagome,” he added.
“And then you ask her to join in our group,” she said pointing to the undead priestess. Then calming down a bit she said, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled. As well as said the last part. She is the only way we can find the shards now.”
“Has everyone calmed down yet?” the hanyou asked.
“I’m better now,” the exterminator said.
“I was never bad,” said the monk.
“Can we leave now?” Inuyasha asked and everyone nodded.
Six days later with Kagome and Shippo
“We’re here,” Kagome said looking a clearing with a small hut and a large herb field.
“I thought you said Jinenji was tall?” Shippo asked looking at the small hut.
“He is. I guess the villagers didn’t make the hut bigger when they rebuilt it,” she answered.
“Can we go see him now?” Shippo said eagerly
“Usually you hate strangers. Do you have a fever?” she said worriedly putting a hand on his forehead, “No fever.”
“Stop that Okaa-san,” he whined taking her hand of his head. “I trust you, so if you say he’s nice I believe you,” he said, and when she looked in his eyes she knew it was true.
“That’s very sweet of you Shippo,” she said smiling at him, “let’s see if he’s home. Jinenji!!!” she yelled.
After a few moments a large shape came out of the hut. As it straitened out, since the sun was behind it, it gave him a gigantic human figure, which Kagome recognized as her old friend Jinenji. He raised hand, motioning them to come over.
Shippo managed to climb onto Kagomes’ shoulder right before she sprinted of to meet him. As she got to him she yelled, “Long time no see, you’ve changed. What happened to the shy hanyou I used to know?”
“He has made new friends with the village and so he’s gotten used to people,” said a voice from inside the hut. As it stepped out they saw that the voice belonged to none other than Jinenjis’ mother. “Hello Kagome, we've missed you,” she said smiling.
“I missed all of you too,” Kagome agreed. Then feeling a tug on her hair she also said, “And this is my friend Shippo,” pointing to the kitsune on her shoulder.
“Nice to meet you young one,” the old lady said.
“Hello,” Jinenji said a little quiet.
“Hello Kagomes’ friends,” Shippo said loudest of them all.
“Jinenji, I was wondering if you’d be willing to refill my supply of medicinal herbs?” she asked with an innocent face, “And if we could also stay the night?” she added as a last thought.
“Of course, we still haven’t repaid you for your first visit,” The old lady said in a charitable tone.
“Well then, lets get things finished so we can all have some fun together,” Kagome said excitedly.
The next day
“Thank you for everything. I’m glad the villagers don’t pick on you anymore. I’ll com visit again sometime!” she yelled back to them as she was at the top of the hill almost out of hearing range. After that her and Shippo left to the next journey.
"So, Okaa-san," Shippo asked innocently, "where are we going to next?"
The others
Everyone was in Kaeda’s hut eating, but the strange thing was, was that there were hardly any sounds, at all. Inuyasha and Kikyo (who was just sitting there because she only eats dead girls’ souls.) were sitting at one side of the hut, while Sango and Miroku were seated at the other side, and Kaeda was on the side sitting no closer and no farter to anyone.After a few moments Kaeda put her bowl down and said, “How long will ye be staying for this visit?” Kaeda asked.
"We were thinking of staying only for a night," Miroku started, "We just needed some time to cool off," looking from the corner of his eye at Sango who was pointedly ignoring him. How ever subtle he had tried to be Kaeda still caught it. Aswell as all the looks the taiyji had been giving undead sister.
"Ah" was all the old miko said. At this point everyone got up and headed to there own spots in the hut and fell asleep.
K & S
"What do you think abou going to go visit with Shiori, the other hanyou that we know?" Kagome asked the kitsune on her shoulder.
"Oh, that would be fun. I havn't seen her in this long of time." He emphasised this by stretching his arms as wide as he coul possibly do. In this position the wind easily made the kitsune start to lose his balance. Wobbling and waving his arms, trying his best to regain his lost balance. To bad the wind was having so much fun because she blue a litter harder and the kitsune fell off and hit the ground. He landed comically in the 'spread eagle' style.