InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Night at the Festival ❯ A Night at the Festival ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Hai, hai. Another Inu fic by me… But this one is short!!! Promise!!! This is just one little night that Kagome and Inuyasha have some fun at a festival. I'm still writing so many Inu fics that I don't know when I'll ever stop!!! Ugh!! ^_^x And because I don't know when I'll ever stop, and I just keep writing and writing, I'm dedicating this fic to my friend Fall Angel! (Angel-chan su-goi!!!) She's helped me keep writing and she gives me good criticism and makes me want to write more!! So I'm dedicating this fic to her!! Ahem… Also… Just so, you're warned ahead of time there are going to be a load of cameo appearances in this fic. Just brief glimpses of people, no big deal, though some are very funny brief appearances. See if you can guess where all the cameos are from!! If you didn't get them all there'll be an answer key at the bottom of the story and you can go back and look if you like, or read it again just so you can catch it the second time. To make it be a bit easier on all of you, I'll tell you how many there are (that is how many animes cameo appear in this story). There are A LOT different animes that make cameo appearances! ^_^x Ha ha! Did you actually think I was going to give it away?! You must discover them for yourselves!! But here's a hint: famous couples (but there's a secret one that isn't a couple incorporated into the story!). See if you can find them all!! ^_^x Enjoy de gozaru yo!]

A Night at the Festival

Inuyasha grumbled as he walked through the crowd of people, unable to catch Kagome's scent. He cursed for the millionth time as a couple of kids ran by him with those damn fireworks exploding in their hands. Where the hell was Kagome? When he had come through the Well, this is not what he had intended to be doing. He'd figured Kagome would have been at home like she was supposed to, not at some Summer Festival being held at a different shrine.

He had also not expected to run into Kagome's mother when he'd come out of the Well either. They'd startled each other and then he'd mumbled in place. What the hell was he supposed to say to Kagome's mother? The only time he'd met her was when he'd first gone to get Kagome in her time and she'd played with his ears. What was he supposed to say to the lady? But she'd already guessed he'd come for Kagome…

Inuyasha grumbled to himself as he sat down on a small bench next to the huge tree in the center. Kagome's mother had dragged him into the house and taken off his clothes (no funny business!!) and had given him one of her dead husband's yukatas that he used to wear for the festivals. She'd adjusted it on him and then had taken him to the festival in one of those huge metal horseless carriages. When he'd asked her why, she only said,

"I can't have you chasing after Kagome into the festival in that outfit. There's nothing I can do about the dog-ears without it looking silly, but you could at least try to look like you semi fit in if you're going after her to a public place."

So there he was. All by himself, in one of her father's yukatas, unable to pick up Kagome's scent because there were too many damn people, and there was nothing he could damn well do about it.

Suddenly, there it was. Her scent. Inuyasha's head shot up as he caught whiff of it and ended up looking at a young man with two candy apples. Damn those things. They'd driven him nuts with the smell, but he'd had no money to get one. He had to find Kagome! And from the light scent of her wafting of this kid, he might just know where she is.

He almost walked by Inuyasha. Oh, no, you don't.

"Oi, teme."

The guy turned around to look at Inuyasha. He lifted his eyebrows curiously. "Excuse me? You mean me?"

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. No, the guy behind you, moron. "Where's Kagome?"

"Eh?"

Inuyasha sighed. Was this guy deaf as well as dumb? "Ka-go-me. Kagome. Long dark hair, hazel eyes, usually wears a green-what does she call it?-a school uniform? And has a gentle scent to her." Maybe he shouldn't have added the gentle scent part. He shrugged mentally. Too late now. "You know. Kagome. And don't lie to me. I can smell her on you. Where is she?"

"Do you mean Higurashi-san?"

Inuyasha blinked. "Higurashi?" Oh yeah! Kagome's mother. "Sure whatever. Higurashi Kagome. Higurashi-san. Kagome, dammit! Where is she, teme?!"

The boy narrowed his eyes. "You are a very rude fellow. I don't know what Higurashi-san has to do anything with someone like you, but I know that I'm not going to let you near her without an explanation. And without an apology for your rudeness."

"Na~ni~????" Inuyasha growled at the kid before him. This guy was actually going to attempt to defy him?

"I'm warning you now. I know jiu-jitsu. I don't care how…interesting…you look. I'm not going to let a rude person like you interrupt Higurashi-san's enjoyment without an apology."

"Don't you mean 'how intimidating', teme?"

"Kagome-chan!"

Kagome cursed as the little net broke and the fish escaped. Damn! That was the tenth one! She'd been at this for half the night and half her money! She turned around to her friends with a pout.

"Yuka-chan! Ayumi! Eri-chan! You guys made me break another one! Now I've got to try again! Mou…"

"Kagome-chan, this is more important than the stupid goldfish game!" the friend with the headband, Eri, said.

"Yeah! Hojo-kun is picking a fight!!" Yuka said.

Kagome turned to the three in shock, her hand still in her purse. She jumped up, leaving a very disappointed vender. His colorful bandana moved off to the side and he sighed. "Nani?! Hojo-kun picking a fight?! That doesn't even sound right!"

Ayumi, the curly haired friend, nodded. "But it's true. Though, probably the other guy started it. He looks like the kind of guy who would get into a fight, despite the fact that he's kind of cute."

Kagome moved forward. "Well, let's get going. We've got to stop it! And even if it was the other guy who started it, Hojo-kun wouldn't have been bothered by him…"

"Unless it was personal," Eri said.

"Or it had to do with Kagome," Yuka said.

Kagome froze. Had to do with…? "Wait. What did this guy look like?" Suddenly Kagome had a sinking feeling she knew exactly what was going on.

Ayumi volunteered the information. "Long white, silvery hair. Sexy. Great butt, especially in that yukata and he had doggy ears. I don't know if they were real or not, but they're so cute!"

Blue lines covered Kagome's face. "White cute doggy ears?"

Ayumi giggled. "Hai!"

Kagome cursed fluently, something she'd learned from the young man they'd just described, and began to run. "Hurry up you three and tell me where they are. I've got to stop it before he kills Hojo-kun!"

"NANI?!" the three called out and hauled after Kagome.

When Kagome got there, a crowd had gathered and she was just in time to see Hojo-kun really starting to get riled up. But Inuyasha was no longer paying attention to him. He'd smelled Kagome and now his attention was focused on her. He no longer cared about the other guy; he didn't need him.

"Oi, Kagome! There you are! You know how hard it is to find you in this place? There are too many damn smells!"

"Inuyasha! Why are you here? How'd you find me? How'd you get here?"

"Your ohukuro left me here. She gave my your oyaji's yukata."

"I can see that, but why are you here? It's only been a day! You usually come and get me after three days."

Inuyasha stiffened and humphed. "Feh. Do I always have to come to pick you up on a specific time? Since when do I have to be predictable?"

Kagome just blinked at him for a moment. Na-nani? Why was he upset? He always came on the third day, and all he ever came for was to make her come with him back to the Sengoku Jidai…unless… He hadn't told her to come with him yet. Maybe… Maybe he just came to…be… with her? "Inuyasha…"

He turned back to her. "Nan da? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Kagome smiled. "Inuyasha, since you did come all this way, want to come with me? I'll show around the Tsukimine Shrine and we can play the games and watch the fireworks and stuff. Ne? Want to?"

Inuyasha turned to Kagome with a light smile. "The smell of those apples on a stick things have been driving me crazy."

She blinked. "You mean the candy apples?"

He nodded. She grinned. "All right then. I'll get you one. Come on!" She went up to him and grabbed his hand pulling him along. His face turned lightly pink. Kagome looked pretty in that light sea green kimono with the cherry blossoms on it. She had sakura in her hair and her scent was laced with the smell of sakura too. His heart pounded as he tightened his grip on her hand. Her gentle palm squeezed back.

The crowd had parted now that the coming fight had been deflated. Hojo-kun, Eri, Ayumi and Yuka stood in their spots.

"Uh… What about us?"

Inuyasha was watching Kagome struggle with the fish game as he finished off the apple thing she had bought him. He still didn't get what was so much fun about trying to catch a little fish in a rigged net that's break in the water if you move it too quickly, but he wasn't going to argue with her. Kagome looked like she was having fun and…she'd taken him along. That other boy had been there, clearly she'd been with him first, but she'd ditched him to come with Inuyasha.

He watched her bite her lower lip in concentration. Why did he suddenly get the urge to pull it away and do that himself?

Inuyasha shook his head and turned his gaze away from Kagome. He already knew that could barely stand being apart from her for too long, hence the reason he was here, but he didn't have to start thinking like that…

"Which one do you want, Kyoko-san?"

Inuyasha looked up and saw a couple at a stand nearby. The woman had long black hair and the man short brown hair and they were both blushing.

"Yusaku-kun, you don't have to buy me anything."

"But I want to buy you something, Kyoko." He smiled at her and told the vender something. Inuyasha couldn't make it out because of a sudden explosion of fireworks nearby. He gave Kyoko a little cooking charm.

"I know it isn't much, but I'll buy you something better before we leave. I promise."

Kyoko only blushed and clasped the little charm. "You don't have to, Yusaku…" She looked up into his eyes and turned a deeper red. "De-mo… Arigato."

Yusaku laughed nervously, a blush creeping into his face as they walked away.

Inuyasha watched them walk away until he heard Kagome cry out. He turned around quickly. "Nani, Kagome?"

She looked up at him with sparkling happy eyes. "I got him! It took me a while, but I did it! Look Inuyasha!" She showed him the little fish and he sighed. He gave her a small smile as she laughed. She was so…

"Onnegai, Yuusuke!! I want the kaeru! Kaeru! Kaeru! Waku, waku! Onne-gai, Yuusuke~!"

"Wakata, wakata, Noelle. I'll get you the kaeru."

Inuyasha turned away from the blue-haired boy and blonde bouncy girl with a halo to Kagome. "Oi, Kagome. What's that over there?"

"Eh?" She turned to where he pointed and then smiled. "Oh, that's a game too! You pay the man for three balls and you have to knock down the stack of cans. You can win prizes for doing it, and even bigger prizes for doing it lots of times."

"Oh," Inuyasha murmured and looked back. He saw the boy giving the girl a giant stuffed frog and she squealed in joy. "ARIGATO, YUUSUKE!!" She jumped at him, hugging his arm and the stuffed doll at the same time.

"Hai, hai, Noelle," the boy said his face turning bright red, but there was a smile there too.

Inuyasha turned back to Kagome. "Can I play that, Kagome?"

She blinked up at him for a moment and then smiled. "Hai, Inuyasha. Let's go!"

They went over to the stand, Inuyasha looked at the big stuffed dolls, and realized there weren't many left. "Oi, kozou! Aren't you supposed to have lots of dolls?"

The teenage boy looked up at him with an annoyed look. "I did. But I'm all out of bunnies, frogs and pigs. The other guys here are awfully good at this game." He narrowed his eyes for a moment. "And I'm not a kozou." Then the guy smiled. "How about you? Do you want to try your luck and win a prize for your girlfriend?" He smiled at Kagome.

G-g-girlfriend?! Inuyasha gulped and nodded. He ignored Kagome, because he could feel her surprise. Hey, that human had gotten one of those things for his woman, why couldn't he win something for Kagome too? He wanted to get her something.

And well, after all, since he was a hanyou, it was quite easy for him to win enough times to get Kagome something fairly huge and cute. The vender only grumbled something about "what's with these guys today…and I thought I was supposed to be superhuman" and asked Inuyasha which stuffed animal he wanted.

He thought for a moment (Kagome wasn't with him, but getting some octopus puffs for them) and then pointed to a big floppy white stuffed dog in the middle. The guy gave it to Inuyasha and then gave him a wink. "Good luck with your kanojo! She's a really pretty one!"

"Oi!" the fish vender on the other side said. "Don't you start! I saw her first!"

"Nani?!" Inuyasha said suddenly shutting both boys up.

"Ahhh!!! Arima!!! Kawaii, ne? Ooo!!! I want giant doggy too!! The one that looks like Pero-pero!! Please?!"

The boy smiled at the excited girl beside him. "Hai, Miyazawa."

The couple walked passed Inuyasha and the boy paid for the round of balls. The girl threw her arms around the boy. "ARIGATO, ARIMA!!!"

Inuyasha blinked in surprise. Then he smelled Kagome…and octopus puffs. He turned around with the giant dog in his hands and Kagome stopped in place. She smiled at him.

"You won that, Inuyasha? It's really kawaii! I've got the octopus-"

He thrust the dog at Kagome. "For you."

Kagome blinked for a moment before finding her voice again. "Me?"

"Mm."

Kagome reached for the huge stuffed dog and her heart swelled. She hugged it close and stared into Inuyasha's unsure eyes. No matter how much he tries to hide it… He was still wonderful… "Arigato, Inuyasha."

He only gave her a "Feh" and turned around, his face turning bright red.

* * *

While eating octopus puffs and carrying the giant stuffed dog, Kagome managed to convince Inuyasha to go looking at the shops with her while heading to see the drum performers. Kagome bought him a wishing tablet with the kanji 'Will' on it.

But all the while Inuyasha was still bothered. Yeah, he'd gotten Kagome the stuffed dog, but he'd done it with her money…and for some reason, it didn't seem like enough. He saw another couple walking beside them. This was the first boy he'd seen not wearing a yukata (instead he was wearing a Chinese out fit) and his kanojo beside him.

"Arigato, Ranma, for the flowers."

The boy turned red and scratched the back of his head. "It was nothing, Akane."

She shook her head. "Um-mm. It is something." She looked up at him with glowing eyes. "Arigato." She smiled brilliantly at him and he seemed to stutter in place.

Inuyasha turned to Kagome. She'd looked a little like that girl when he'd given her the dog. He wanted to see that look in her eyes and her face again. That was what was bothering him. He wanted to see her looking at him like that again. And he wanted to have fun with her.

"Umi-chan! Go around the right! Fuu-chan, go left!"

"Hikaru! They look so funny!"

"Umi-san, Hikaru-san, are you sure we're not overdoing it a bit? Poor Lantis-san and Ascot-san."

"What about Ferio, Fuu? He's there too!"

Inuyasha and Kagome looked up and saw three girls decorating three young men with stringed origami and laughing the whole way. The three guys just sighed and smiled occasionally as the girls giggled and hugged them. Kagome chuckled at the sight. Inuyasha blinked. It seemed humiliating, but from the look in the guys' eyes, they were not embarrassed. They were having fun. He turned to Kagome's smiling face.

He wanted to have fun with her like that.

When they arrived at the drum performance, there was already a crowd. Kagome found them good seats and the promptly snuggled into Inuyasha to watch. He turned bright red, but let her stay right where she was. It felt so good to have her snuggled against him, the warmth of her body against his. His heart twisted painfully in his chest and he looked down at her. The smile on her face, the rose in her cheeks, the sparkle in her eyes, they all made him just want to grab her and…

The music was no help. There was a huge stage where the men performed their music on the huge drums. The music was rhythmic, haunting, and it captivated the both of them, making them more aware of each other with each passing moment. Inuyasha could feel every movement she made, every breath she took. Her scent was only becoming more potent and was driving him to a distraction.

But they stayed like that throughout the entire performance. They sat there, watching the beat of the drums, their bodies humming to the music and responding to the presence of each other.

When it finally ended, the trance that had wrapped itself around them, broke. While everyone else burst out into conversation, they stayed silent, unsure of what to say to each other.

"In a few moments the fire dance will begin, so don't leave yet. This is a special event for the Tsukimine Shrine. Something my father started long ago for the Summer Festivals," said the woman on the stage. She looked like a Miko with the white montsuki and red hakama and she had long reddish blonde hair and a gentle smile.

Inuyasha couldn't take it anymore. He stood up and looked at Kagome. "Uh…A-no… I'll be right back, Kagome. Don't leave. I want to see this fire dance thingy."

Kagome only nodded at him, unable to say a word. She was tense herself.

Inuyasha sped off and headed to a leafy area that he figured would be quiet and lonely so he could think. What was wrong with him?! He was so tense about something. He wanted… wanted…to do something, but he couldn't figure out what it was!

He was about to enter the secluded leafy area when he smelled something strange. A heavy intense smell that was vaguely familiar…but not… And he smelled two humans. He moved some of the bushes out of the way so he could see in and saw two people locked in a passionate kiss. He pulled back quickly in surprise, but made enough noise in the process to startle them.

Gasp. "Did you hear that, Tamahome?"

"Mm. Maybe this spot wasn't so secluded for just one kiss, ne, Miaka?"

"Let's go somewhere else. I don't want anyone to walk in on us."

Chuckle. "You make it sound like we're doing an tryst in the bushes, baka! I can steal a kiss whenever I want, and I don't care who's watching."

"Tamahome!"

Laughter. Bushes rustling. Silence.

Inuyasha peeked in and saw no one there. He heaved a sigh and turned bright red. Now that he'd not been expecting. But…suddenly, he realized what was bothering him so much. He wanted to kiss Kagome. He'd kissed Kikyou before-or more like she'd kissed him-but she was already dead. She'd tasted of earth and death and her lips had been so cold. But Kagome… Kagome was alive and he wanted to see what she tasted like so badly. He wanted to feel her against him, wanted to have her lips warm against his…

He shook his head. What was wrong with him? Kiss Kagome?! Was he nuts?! She'd sit him in seconds! And why would he think such a thing? This wasn't like him at all! Inuyasha shook his head again, trying to shake off the desire to kiss her, but it didn't go away. He sighed. Maybe it was just the mood of this place. Seeing all the couples, and seeing that couple kissing just now… Well, it made him wish… He wasn't back home now. He was in Kagome's world. Maybe it would be okay if he did kiss her…

He was turning red, just thinking about it. He did want to kiss her. Tonight. After the fire dance, he'd kiss her. He took a deep breath. Kiss Kagome…

"Inuyasha?"

He jumped. He turned around quickly and saw Kagome blinking at him. His face burned. "Na-nan da, Kagome?"

She looked confused. "The fire dance is going to start now. Don't you want to come? I'm going to dance."

He blinked at her. Going to dance…? "Can you do that?"

Kagome nodded. "Mm. Mizuki-sensei said I could. So, a bunch of the girls from the crowd are going to be dancing at the fire dance too. Come on, Inuyasha!"

"Mm." He took her outstretched hand and they rushed to back to the stage area. Only now, it wasn't a stage. There was a huge bonfire where the stage had been before, and the music for the fire dance was just beginning. Kagome gave Inuyasha's hand a squeeze and then ran to the group of girls that were going to participate. A light brown shorthaired young girl hugged Kagome around the waist, her own yukata covered with sakura decorations. The little girl waved at a serious boy in the distance who only turned bright red and clutched the enormous stuffed rabbit he held in his hands more tightly.

Inuyasha sat down, just as the dance began. The drums beat in the background mixing with the tune of a wind flute and sounds of a shaking tambourine. Inuyasha's eyes were locked on Kagome as the women around the bonfire began the old dance in their kimonos and yukatas. She looked so beautiful with the firelight glowing behind her, making her spirit seem to dance with her and around her. Her hazel eyes were locked with his and she never took them away the entire time.

The music sped up and laughter could be heard blending with the crackling of the fire. The music pounded through Inuyasha's veins, his heart racing with each movement Kagome did, with each turn, each flip of hair and arm. The music sang to him, is entire body reacting to it and to the girl who was dancing…for him.

It was then that it hit him. The sparkle in her eyes, made even more pronounced by the flames, her smile, each movement of her body, it was all for him. Kagome was laughing, dancing, smiling…for him. The girls jumped into the air for a special move, but Kagome's eyes never left his. He was caught in a trance she was weaving and he never wanted to break free. She was showing him how much she enjoyed being with him, how much he meant to her. Did… did she really care that much? Kagome…

When the dance finally came to a halt, the applause was tremendous. Not only had the dancers performed excellently, but the girls from the crowd that had participated had all been lost into the ancient tradition and had also performed with excellence.

Inuyasha stood up among the hoards of people and applause, his eyes soft against Kagome. She smiled up at him and rushed toward him, laughing.

"Did you see, Inuyasha? That was wonderful! Everyone liked it!"

"Hai, Kagome," he said huskily, surprising her.

Her heart stopped in her chest as she saw the look in his eyes. Suddenly her breathing became shallow and her heart began to race. B-BUMP. B-BUMP. B-BUMP.

"I-I-Inuyasha…?"

He lifted her in his arms and took her out of the throng of people and straight to the little secluded copse. He didn't even think twice as they entered and he placed her down on her feet against the tree…and kissed her.

Kagome gasped as his lips met hers, her heart threatening to explode. She'd been dying to kiss him the whole night, which only confused her. She had thought it was the mood of the festival. With all the couples around, Kagome had wished that she was a couple with Inuyasha, not just a companion. But wasn't she going to save her first kiss for that special…? Her heart melted. But Inuyasha was that special someone.

Kagome didn't fight what she wanted. She wanted her first kiss to be with him, and only him, after all. She sighed against him, her body melting into his. The kiss was sweet, tentative, soft. She had never kissed anyone before and wasn't sure about what to do. Inuyasha angled his head so his lips caught hers. Kagome only whimpered against him, her arms around him, one hand clutching to his yukata and the other in his hair, holding him against her. She forgot about everything except him. She never wanted to let him go. He held her more tightly against him. She moaned against his lips.

"Did you see, Mamo-chan? I never thought I could dance that well! I didn't even fall once! I wish that would always happen. I wish things would come as perfectly as that dance did."

"I think the dance was special, Usa-ko. You looked so beautiful with the firelight in your hair."

"Really, Mamo-chan?"

"Hai."

Rustle of leaves.

"Ah! Gomen nasai!"

Kagome and Inuyasha abruptly broke from their kiss to see a blonde girl with meatball-like pigtails and the tall dark haired man next to her stumbling back through the bushes, apologizing profusely.

Silence.

Inuyasha turned his flaming face to Kagome. Her face was just as red. She looked up into his eyes and gave him a light smile. She then threw herself into his arms and hugged him tightly. "Just let me hold you a moment more, Inuyasha. Then we can go watch the fireworks. But I just want to hold you a moment more."

He stood stiff for a second in surprise and then he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly against him. "Hai, Kagome. Let's stay like this a while." I want the world and all of our problems to just disappear, Kagome. So just for this moment, let's pretend that there's only us, …ne?

* * *

Kagome snuggled into Inuyasha as they got comfortable on the grass to watch the fireworks. The present Inuyasha had won for her was on her lap and he held his wishing tablet in his hand. She laid her head on his shoulder and let her eyes drift among the other couples who were watching the fireworks.

She saw so many young ones, new to love and older ones that still thrived on it. One couple, a man with chin-length blood red hair and an 'x' scar on his left cheek sat beside his wife, both snuggled contentedly into each other as they watched their redheaded little boy play with a butterfly.

"Kenji! Don't wander off too far!" the black haired woman called, a gentleness in her voice that made her husband hold her closer.

"Aishiteru."

Kagome closed her eyes and wondered for a brief moment if she would ever be like them, with the man she loved. She opened her eyes and looked toward Inuyasha, who was captivated by the beauty of the fireworks. Her heart clenched. She loved him so much. She was happy that she'd had her first kiss with him… that she was able to be with him now. This had been the best night of her life… If only it would never end…

"Kagome-chan!"

Kagome and Inuyasha jumped and turned around to see Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi, looking very upset. Kagome gulped and shot up. Oh, dear! She'd completely forgotten about them! Kagome immediately began to apologize.

"Yuka-chan! Eri-chan! Ayumi-chan! Ah! Gomen nasai! I…I…"

"Totally forgot about us?" Yuka said with a humph. "We noticed."

Eri put her hands on her hips. "We tell you about the guy and Hojo-kun, because we thought you'd be worried about it. We didn't expect you to run off with the guy who started it and spend the entire time with him!"

Ayumi nodded. "Kagome-chan that's so unlike you! Who is this guy? Hojo-kun just went home afterwards. And why did you suddenly ditch us?! You clearly never even gave us another thought!"

Kagome bowed her head. Oh, great! This was not what she needed right now…

"Oi!"

Kagome stiffened. Her three friends were looking at the man behind her and Kagome turned to see a furious Inuyasha.

"No one talks to Kagome like that! She already apologized. If there's anyone who you should be yelling at it's me! I came and spoiled your fun."

Yuka crossed her hands over her chest. "Look, I don't know who you are, but we don't want your opinion. All I want to know is what is going on here that Kagome just left us to go with a guy like you!"

"Just because your cute doesn't mean anything," Ayumi said. "And what's with the dog ears and the nails? I want to know what is going on here!"

Inuyasha just growled. "Forget this." He turned to Kagome with a hard look in his eyes. "I'm going home, Kagome. Spend time with them. Sorry, I intruded on your fun."

"Inuyasha…" Kagome whispered, reaching out to him and grabbing his arm before he sped off. He turned to her and saw the shimmer of tears in her eyes and the softness there. No… He didn't regret anything tonight…

Kagome smiled up at him. "I had fun tonight, Inuyasha. I'm glad you came."

He only stared at her for a moment more and he put his other hand over her hand on his arm and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Kagome…"

Inuyasha then turned and jumped into a nearby tree and away. Kagome's eyes followed him until he was completely out of sight. She turned back to her friends. Ayumi and Yuka had their jaws open and Eri was biting her lip.

"Sorry for ditching you guys back there…" Kagome said.

Yuka shook her head. "No, I'm sorry, Kagome-chan. We didn't know that…"

"Kagome…" Eri began. "Is he the guy you told us about? The one you love?"

Kagome smiled and turned back to where Inuyasha had disappeared from sight. "Hai. That's him."

* * *

Kagome sighed as she walked through the gates of her home. Although it had ended so abruptly, she had had a wonderful time. She smiled to herself. Inuyasha had come to her time just to spend time with her…and it had been so much fun. She hugged the giant stuffed dog in her arms and nuzzled its softness. She took in a deep breath. Even the dog smelled of Inuyasha now. She'd never wash it. He'd won this for her. It was her favorite now.

"Kagome?"

Kagome straightened and whirled around. Inuyasha stood there back in his normal clothes with Tetsuaiga at his hip. Her heart pounded madly. She thought he'd already gone back to his time. He'd stayed…and waited for her?

"You came home awfully quick. Didn't you spend time with them like you were supposed to, Kagome?"

She shook her head. "Iie. I wanted to come home. I was hoping…that you would …e-to…still be here when I got back, so I hurried home." She smiled at him. Does he even begin to understand how I feel about him? Does he even realize…? "I'm glad you weren't gone, Inuyasha. I wanted to apologize for them and to tell you how much I love…" Gulp. "Loved being with you tonight. I'm so happy you came to be with me today, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha scratched the back of his head and gave her a light smile. "I'm happy I came too. It was fun, Kagome. I'd like to do it again…if you want to."

Kagome nodded. "Hai…"

Silence…

She threw herself into his arms. Inuyasha caught her and held her close. He breathed in her scent and closed his eyes. The trance had been broken before…perhaps this time the night would last a bit longer for them. I want to stay like this forever, Kagome…

So do I, Inuyasha…

ANSWERS: ^_^x

enirhS enimikusT dna iesnes-ikuziM :arukaS rotpaC draC 1#

ukasuY dna okoyK :ukuokkI nosiaM 2#

ekusuuY dna elleoN : nomuraN in ihsneT 3#

onikuY dna amirA :onaK eraK 4#

amnaR dna enakA :2/1 amnaR 5#

sitnaL & urakiH, tocsA & imU, oireF & uuF :htraeyaR 6#

emohamaT dna akaiM :iguuY igihsuF 7#

arukaS dna iL : arukaS rotpaC draC 8#

uromaM dna igasU :nooM roliaS 9#

nihsneK dna uroaK :nihsneK inuoruR 10#

loohcS pmalC morf syug nolykuD :Extra