InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A past Then my Present ❯ Cleaning With a Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I know I really should be shot right now because I haven't updated at all in the longest time. I am really sorry. Please forgive me, I have just been so busy with how much is going on in my life, I just don't have much time to do much of anything now. Sorry. Thank you to the people who reviewed this fic, and I hope that I can try and update faster now that Band is going to be ending in about three weeks. Still a long ways to go, but who knows. Okay, need to shut up now, so here is your next chapter of A past the My present. Food for thought, :Do you think I should change the title?:

Chapter 4 Cleaning With a Past

Inuyasha and Kagome worked side beside to get Kagome's home clean. Kagome's friend Clovey didn't show up because she had book club or something, but Inuyasha didn't mind. It just meant to him that they could be alone. Kagome, a person in which he wondered how he could live without. She was energetic, shy that just allowed her to be herself without being a coward. So different from his ex. The two hanyous had, had tons of fun so far, but also had small arguments. Speaking of which…..

"Inuyasha, you can't help me with this room! My mother will kill me!" Kagome yelled. She was in a different out fit now. Blue jean short, shorts and a pink tank top. Her hair was in a ponytail so that it wouldn't be completely dirty as they worked. She had her sneakers on because there was no way she was going to walk around this house without them. The shorts, sneakers, hair hi, with the low cut tank top was going to drive him crazy as she had tried to scrub something greenish from the ceiling standing on a step ladder earlier.

"It is just a room Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted back. He had on the clothes from school but he had now a red bandanna on so that it would be easier for him to hid his ears from Kagome. Kagome didn't understand the thing with the bandanna if he was willing to put his hair up in a low pony tail, though it did make his black uniform look really good with it on and hair down. ( I know the uniforms are usually supposed to go together, but I like black so the guy's uniforms are black. )

"It is my mothers room! You don't know how much trouble I would get into if I let you in there!" Kagome argued.

"I have been in your room! So what is so different besides the fact that you have the knowledge of cleanse ness?" he argued right back. Kagome sighed, he just wasn't getting it.

"You have a sensible head right Inuyasha? Well, my mom doesn't her room is filled with perfume bottles that are broken and liquor bottles. Forgive me if I am wrong Inuyasha, but don't you have a heighten sense of smell?" Kagome asked. She noticed a little bit when they tried to start in the living room when he 'sniffed' out a dead rat. Kagome had of course was screaming way to much to noticed that she had smelt it as well.

Inuyasha looked down and scratched his head. 'I'm not the only one with heighten sense of senses.'

"Yeah, I guess I do. Alright, what do you want me to do while you do that?" he asked mockingly.

"While you could try on the dishes or you could take a break and do your homework." Kagome said as she thought about it. Inuyasha looked at her studding how she put a finger to her cheek. He looked around and tried half heatedly to argue.

"What me do homework while dishes need to be done? Whatever, just make sure that your cat stays away form me. He freaks me out fallowing me all the time." Inuyasha said as he walk down the hall to the kitchen the small but yet huge belly of a brown spotted cat followed him. Kagome started to giggle which turned into a laugh. Inuyasha, hearing this smirked and let his eyes close as much as he dared, as he was reminded of sliver bells again.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^* ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Kagome finally got done with her mother's room. She hated to clean it up because it always had to be spotless when company was here. Three guesses why it was like that when boyfriends came over. Kagome though was real peeved about the fact that she knew it was Hojo's father, but she didn't know his name. Didn't he run a big company? Ah, who cares it was a matter of time before one dumped the other. Kagome walked out of the now clean room into the not so clean hallway, or so she thought. She looked around to see that the floor was spotless and that the stains in the carpets were gone. 'what happened?' she thought. 'did Inuyasha do all of this?'

Sure enough as she made it to the kitchen, all of the dishes were done, the floor was swept and cleaned. The counters were spotless and the windows were as clear as any glass could get. The only thing she did see wrong, was that there was no one in the room to thank. Where did Inuyasha go? Kagome looked in the living room, outside, the kitchen again, and then when she couldn't find him her last result was her room. She went up there to see that her door was open. She went inside to see Inuyasha was dead asleep on her bed. His head were folded and he was in like a puppy roll. Kagome giggled a little and went up to the sleeping boy.

She thought about waking him but decided to do the better end of the deal. He had done all that work in the kitchen and in the hallway. Instead she placed a blanket and she had to laugh again as he cuddled into it. She left him there as she looked at him one last time and went to clean the rest of the living room. There was not that much to clean though. She shut her door after herself to let the sleepy guy sleep. How was she going to explain this to Clovey and Mika? The guy she had liked for so many years was now asleep on her bed wrapped up in her favorite blanket.

She got started on the living room smiling to herself. Her life might have it's blessings after all.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Inuyasha woke up about an hour after he fell asleep. He remembered going up to Kagome's room to get something but saw her bed and sat down to rest. The rest he didn't remember. He felt real comfortable and warm. He loved the smell he seemed to be wrapped around in. He opened his eyes to find a black and pink blanket on him. He sat up all the way and noticed a small snack on the night stand. It was simple, just an apple and grapes. Their was a note there as well. He picked up the apple and the note. As he bit into the apple, he read the note.

Hey sleepy head!

Thanks for cleaning like half of the house for me even though you just needed to do the kitchen for me. I hope you liked your nap you got and the small 'thank you' snack I left you. If you want to get up, I will probably be down stairs cleaning up the living room! See ya later!

Your friend,

Kagome ^_^

Inuyasha almost choked on the apple. The last part about the friend part startled him. It was weird to be called a friend when you wanted to be more. He sighed at the rest of the apple and popped the few grapes into his mouth before he got up. He grabbed the plate and headed down stairs. The rest of the house he could smell was clean. He had his ears perked a little bit to hear where Kagome was. She was in the living room as she said she was. He walked though instead to the kitchen, placed the rest of the apple into the trash and quickly washed his plate. As he was drying, Kagome walked in. He put the plate up as she started to talk.

"Hey, did you get enough sleep?" Kagome said. She laughed a little and Inuyasha turned around to her.

"You have a very comfy bed. Thanks for letting me sleep." he said. She looked a little startled but smiled anyway.

"So you ready to get down to the real business and work on math?" he asked.

"Sure, but do you think it would be alright if I took a quick shower? I mean, I ran into a few rats and such as I was cleaning. I didn't want to wake you, so I was able to hold in my screaming." she said proudly. Inuyasha laughed a bit. Kagome liked his laugh, it seemed to have a purring sound to her ears.

"You know Kagome you could have just let you cat have it. I bet he would have been pleased." Kagome's mouth fell open.

"Damn, why didn't I think of that?" she thought aloud. Inuyasha just laughed a bit more. Kagome laughed as well.

"Well, you can go into my room for a while and get to work on your own homework and I will get my clothes out of there so I can get a shower." she turned, still giggling a bit and left upstairs. Inuyasha followed her into her room as she pulled out her clothing. As Kagome got out her things she saw Inuyasha sit again on her bed. "Don't think about even going anywhere near the bathroom. I don't need anyone to walk in on me. So just stay here." Kagome said. She left the room leaving a stunned Inuyasha behind.

~Kagome (short and sweet)~

As Kagome took her shower, she didn't notice that her ears were now atop of her head. That was the thing any time she took a shower, she got irritated with the water. She never did figure out why. She washed her hair, her ears hid themselves, and her skin. All the time she was thinking about Inuyasha, he had looked so peaceful as he slept on her bed. She giggled again and switched off the water. Who was that angel she met? Who was that handsome guy that looked like Inuyasha? What was she even thinking about? She wrapped a towel around herself shaking her head. *I'll never find out that answer, so why bother thinking about it?* she asked mentally. She dried herself when she got out and started to get dressed.

~Inuyasha~ (little longer)

Inuyasha was sitting down thinking how in the world he was going to ask Kagome about other things like where was her father, did she have any grandparents and didn't Sango also say she had a brother? It was a mystery Inuyasha was determined to find out. Also how in the world was he going to teach her math? To many questions just not enough answers. Ah well, they have only known each other for at least a day, he wouldn't pry to much into her life, not just yet.

He started on his science homework. He hated that class. Sure he was good at the math, he just didn't like the other things like the force of gravity and some things that were impossible in the scientific world. More than half the stuff that was impossible in the classroom was what he could do. He could jump real high, turn his father's rusty old sword into a powerful blade. He once took a blow to the head that would kill any human being, but was just a scratch to him. He didn't like the teacher either, he was always threatening him or making fun of him. The only thing that he like he realized was that Kagome was in his class. They only had a few classes but that was okay with him. At least he got to see her everyday.

Suddenly he heard a giggle from the bathroom. He smiled, he just loved her laugh. He went back to his homework, spiraled all over the floor. Ten minutes later he smiled rain water and wild plums. Kagome was out of the bathroom. What was even better then her laugh was her smell. It made him feel at home. Kagome walked into the room. Her smell and looks made him almost pass out. Her hair was, turning a little silver and her ears were back up on her head. She had on a t-shirt that said 'leave me alone,' with a dangerous looking chick on it, and she had on capri pants on.

"Oh, hey Inuyasha." she saw he was looking at her shirt with a puzzled look to his face. "Oh, my shirt is because my mother's new boyfriend and his son are coming over for dinner. Hey, speaking of which, do you want to stay for dinner? I mean if your not sick of being around here already." she explained as she took out her homework.

When she didn't get a response, she looked over at Inuyasha. He was still looking at her like she was something other than human. She went over to him and go on her knees. She waved a hand at his face and snapped her fingers. This seemed to work well cause he blinked in surprise.

"Hello, is anyone there?" She kept waving her hand, and Inuyasha grabbed it. It startled Kagome as once again she saw the angel. This time he looked like a puppy, with his ears. Kagome wanted to touch those ears but Inuyasha let go of her wrist.

"Um, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked as she looked at him. He wanted to see her beautiful face again but realized that she wanted to touch his ears.

"Umm… yeah?" She said. She looked down a little shy.

"That would be really cool! I would be happy to stay and eat dinner here. Thanks Kagome." He said. "Is it okay though with your mother? I mean, does she mind cooking for one more person?" Kagome laughed again.

"Don't you understand, yet? I am the one who is cooking!" she said. She looked real happy and looked up at him again.

"Oh, well okay then. I should call my brother to tell him." Inuyasha said. He started to get up but it was a bit difficult because Kagome was right there in front of him and the bed was behind. He was a bit trapped. Kagome yelped and jumped back. Realizing how close they were together. She was real clumsy and hit her head on her dresser. Inuyasha was at her side in a second. "Are you okay Kagome?" he said he put his hand behind her back to help her up.

"Yeah," she said as her eyes closed to endure the tiny spark of pain in the back of her head she thought she might have. "Just a bit of a bump, nothing to worry about." Inuyasha helped her up and let go of her hand instantly. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. What were you saying about your brother?" Kagome asked and she shook her head and looked at Inuyasha. *Wow, Inuyasha smells really good. Woe, what was that thought?* Kagome thought. She shook her head again and followed him down stairs.

"I live with my brother, Sesshomaru. Our parents died in when I was young. I lost my dad first to someone murdering him because of his big companies and then my mother to Lupus. They didn't realize she had it till the autopsy. Sesshomaru just took care of me because it was his, 'brotherly duty to the family name." Inuyasha said like it was nothing. He had told many people about his parents so it was just used to it. Besides the only ones who had really cared were Miroku and Sango. That is until he could smell salt water. Kagome stopped in her tracks. Inuyasha looked behind him and found that Kagome had slight tears in her eyes. "Kagome, what's wrong?" Tears fell down her cheeks.

"I am so sorry Inuyasha." she said wiping her cheeks. 'she is crying for my long forgotten pain?' he thought. "It shouldn't be my place to ask those questions." she said quietly. She put her head down and wiped the rest of the tears. Inuyasha walked over to her. It really wasn't a big deal, he was way to little to know what was really going on. He just remembered some things like his mother's smell or when his father taught him how to make illusions. Why should she cry when he hadn't done it for eleven years.

"Kagome, please don't cry, you know I don't like it when you cry." he said gently. Kagome said something that his dog ears could not even here. "What was that Kagome?"

"It is just that, your past sounds a lot like mine with a few exceptions. I mean I have a little brother too, but I haven't seen him forever. I mean, my parents are dead and I know that yours are also but just hearing that makes me feel all the emotions like that. Gomen." She said. She sniffed a little bit and looked up at Inuyasha. "Why are you crying?" She said. She brushed away the single tear that he had let breach his face. She finally wasn't able to see the angel that kept stealing Inuyasha's face.

"It is just that, I have never had any one cry for my past before that is all." he said. Kagome smiled at him a little bit. "Well, enough with tears, I can't stand them. I'll call my brother then I will go back up stairs to help with your math okay?" he smiled at her and turned away.

"O-okay." Kagome said and ran back upstairs.

Inuyasha turned around to see her hair turn back to just her black. 'Hmmm…it is a real mystery she doesn't know she is hanyou. How doesn't she know? Something is up? Should I tell her?' he thought. 'Maybe later' Inuyasha went back into the now clean kitchen for the phone.

Okay, I hope this makes it up. It is a lot longer than I had intended so please review! Please?

~ShadowStar666