InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A past Then my Present ❯ Puzzle Pieces ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey again! 'Tis' I the ShadowStar666 lady checking in! But with school and everything it is real difficult, and it is only the third day of school! Well, enough of my probs, I hope you guys have liked this so far, Thank you everyone from the reviews! I mean like I didn't think that I would already have 8 reviews when I am on the fourth chapter. So thanks to all! I am, if I don't forget *_* to post those who are responsible for pushing me and making me continue this fic! So enough talking lets get to it! Here is your chapter 5, hot off the typing and ready to read! Puzzle Pieces!

~ShadowStar666

P.S Please don't yell at me for miner grammar mistakes people, after reading it, I usually catch them, but generally if I were to correct all of them, we stood would be on chapter two. Please just be thankful I have gotten that far.

Disclaimer: I thought because I haven't said it enough for everyone who reads any of my work, I thought I would say it again, I DON'T OWN HIM! That's it!^_^ have an nice day!

Chapter 5 Puzzle Pieces!

Kagome was real thrilled when Inuyasha came back to tell her it was alright, his brother was more then happy to get rid of Inuyasha for the while. Hell, Sesshomaru was going to allow him to live there with them if he wanted to! Kagome giggled at this and resumed her homework. Inuyasha watched her as he sat down himself. The way she would place the pencil behind her ear when she was reading an equation or the way she almost broke the pencil when it was in her mouth, absent- mindly, made him smile. He watched as she would get frustrated with the problem and looked as if she was going to through the book out the window, he started to chuckle a little. Kagome turned her confused, aggravated eyes on him. It made Inuyasha laugh a little more.

"What_" the pencil fell from her mouth, "are you laughing at?" Kagome asked innocently. Inuyasha looked real amused. *Did I do that with just my study habits, or is he off the rocker?* Kagome thought. Inuyasha looked at her again and asked but a simple question,

"Kagome, do you need help with something?" he said as the laughing finally ended. Kagome fell back ward like she was fainting. That was why he was laughing ? Her frustration on the stupid problem. That was it, and he found it funny.

"Yes I do, but I don't know if I want help from you, you just laugh!" Kagome said playfully. Inuyasha didn't seem to notice that though. He looked as if she had just slapped him, his eyes had now a sad look in them and if he had the cute puppy ears (^_^) they would have most certainly be drooping. Kagome giggled and Inuyasha looked down at his homework almost ashamed. "Your such a puppy, you know that Inuyasha?" Inuyasha looked bewildered for a moment as he looked at her.

"How did you know?" he asked. Kagome laughed harder. "W-what? Did I miss something?" he asked, real confused now. But before Kagome could answer the troubled guy who seem to think she found something in him, a holler came from downstairs.

"KAGOME! Where are you?!" said a loud women. Inuyasha didn't like the voice, it sounded like it was hiding something, like a dark secret hate. Inuyasha carefully sniffed the air. Nope, not demon women, but… someone else. Inuyasha looked confused at this, because he also smelled the blood of Hojo.

Kagome on the other hand, was so used to this, she didn't really pay attention. Instead, she got herself up and picked up her things. "I am up in my room, with a friend mother!" she yelled back to the impertinent women.

"Kagome, you made a mess down here! My goodness, your c.ds are all over the floor and your shoes are all over the hallway along with your friends! What did you do, have a party while I was gone?" said a much closer voice. Inuyasha stayed on the floor and if possible tried not to look pissed. *What the hell was the women's problem? We worked real hard on cleaning everything and the shoes were probably are messed up when they walked into the house, hitting them with the door or something! This women needed to get her priorities strait.* Inuyasha almost started to growl when he stopped the rumble in his chest as Kagome looked at him weirdly.

The door opened before Inuyasha could try tp explain to Kagome he just had something stuck in his throat. A quick yet sensible lie of course. A women around the age of maybe thirty-five stood in the door way looking fumed. Inuyasha didn't want to be in the line of fire with that women's gaze but it settled on him. Kagome looked over to where her mother was looking and almost started to panic.

"Kagome you said you had a friend, not a boyfriend! When did you start dating and how come he is here in this house alone with you? Why didn't you tell me?" She said loudly but not enough to disturb her boyfriend and his son. Un-known to her, the one she was dating heard every word.

"Mother, it is not what that is. Inuyasha is just a friend and he is tutoring me in math! Mr. T asked him to. We weren't doing anything like that I swear." Kagome claimed. Of course it was true, but it really was getting Inuyasha pissed about the just friend thing. He wanted to be Kagome's boyfriend, his mate even, but at the moment he was blushing and standing up, not able to see Kagome's blushing face as well.

"If that is all, I suggest that your friend, what was it, Inudoka?" she said angrily. Kagome whispered 'Inuyasha' which set her off even more. "Well whatever, I have my boyfriend here and I want dinner pronto! I don't care if he stays just as long as everything gets done!" she hissed and left the room. Before descending the stairs, she used her snake language again. "NOW!" Kagome and Inuyasha didn't need telling twice. Kagome helped Inuyasha place his papers back in his pack.

"I am really sorry Inuyasha, I didn't think she would go nuts like that." Kagome said softly, not able to look at him. She had gotten down to her knees to place the paper inside his bag. Inuyasha stared with wide eyes right back at her.

"What do you mean? She is off her horse Kagome! I mean, the way she treats you, I mean my brother and I fight but come on! We are not that bad, I am able to fight back!" Kagome sniffed a little. Inuyasha could smell tears again and quickly got down to his knees. "Kagome, please don't cry." he said.

Not really noticing anything else, he pulled her into his arms and put a hand on her head. Trying desperately to calm her down. She was stiff at first but as soon as Inuyasha started to 'pet' her, she melted into his arms. She kept repeating sorry to him over and over again and Inuyasha just kept saying 'shhh' and 'it's okay'. After five minutes, controlling and denying his hanyou self, he pulled Kagome away from his arms to see her face. Her eyes held not their joy, but just the sad ocean of tears unshed left. She looked up cautiously, an unknown fear he felt was growing in her.

Inuyasha swept away the silent runaway tears from her face and smiled at her. She wearily smiled back. Without another word, they both got back up to their knees and let go of each other. Well, almost without another word. " Domo Arigotu Inuyasha." she said shyly. Inuyasha just gave her a heads up sign and gave her a smile.

"No prob. Now what was this about cooking dinner?" Kagome's joyful eyes returned to the place where Inuyasha liked best. This was going to be fun!

****************

Kagome and Inuyasha left the room, and descended. Their ears, (Inuyasha's hidden and Kagome's were back to normal) picked up the sound of laughing and talking in the living room. Inuyasha flinched as he heard the miss 'worst mother of the world', give off a glass breaking shirk of pretended joy as someone said something. It hurt his ears and with Kagome's small hunch, he guessed it was the same for her.

They went into the kitchen to find that someone was not in the living room. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes at the sight, Hojo was here, in the kitchen he cleaned. He started to walk slowly up to the bastard but was stopped. It was Kagome's hand that shot out of no where into his own that stopped him from running at him. Kagome didn't know why Inuyasha started like that, but she didn't want to be the one who would pick up the pieces of anyone.

Inuyasha looked down at the little pale hand that was caught in his own. *What is she doing? Protecting him?* Inuyasha sulked and stood by Kagome though he kept her hand which she didn't seem to mind. Hojo, in his shoes, was not happy about the fact Kagome was holding hands with his enemy. It was him that got the girls he had proved it once when it had come to Kikyo and he already had Kagome snared but now she was leaving the pack! Joining this kuso yaro, this dog! It was wrong in his point of view, Kagome would have to learn her lesson.

"What are you doing here dog boy?" he asked. Inuyasha almost growled at being 'insulted'. Kagome's hand tightened on his and kept it in hers as she took a step forward.

"You have no right to call him that, Hojo. Leave him alone, you are my mother's guest and Inuyasha is mine." Kagome said, trying to control the anger that was building. Inuyasha was impressed greatly, Kagome was taking on the homo and was able to control her anger. He tightened his grip a bit trying to give her some strength to use if it was possible.

Hojo laughed a bit. "What type of guest is he? Your math tutor?" he asked. This to him was priceless, Kagome getting all protective when Inuyasha didn't even like her! That was good, she was punishing herself. Kagome looked like she was about to burst!

"For your information, Inuyasha and I are a couple! So you can leave your mocking jokes alone and leave the kitchen unless you don't want dinner and get stuck with a pissed off father for having his food not done! I mean it Hojo, get out now." Kagome said a little angry. Inuyasha almost dropped his jaw but tried to be on Kagome side not wanting to embarrassed about it, so he caught himself. As if to emphasize Kagome's words, he pulled her closer into his arms, seemingly to hold her. Kagome didn't even stiffen as she was pulled in his warm aura. She looked at Inuyasha, and then turned around at Hojo. His mouth was opened wide and looked as if the whole house was going to be blown down.

Inuyasha smiled. "Follow your orders, Homo. Get out unless you want daddy on your case." Inuyasha said mockingly. He didn't care if he moved or not, he liked holding Kagome like this, her back curved into him like a puzzle piece. This made him think that if she were to leave him, that the puzzle would be broken and would never be built again. So he held Kagome closer to himself, which brought out a content sigh and a door slam from Hojo. Inuyasha smiled realizing that Kagome and himself showed that ass who was boss. The only disappointment was that her words she spoke before were now totally gone and in the dust.

"Umm… Inuyasha, you can let go of me, he is gone now." Kagome said after a minute of no movement with the guy behind her. She felt him slump down a little as his hands let go of hers and the warm aura she felt was now far from hers. "S-sorry Inuyasha, I didn't know what to say," Kagome tried to explain as she turned around. " I didn't want him to make fun of you nor me. I know what happened between you and Kikyo. I knew that you would explode if he pissed you off anymore so I told him the only thing that would make him go away. Gomen nasai, Inuyasha." she said tilting her head down.

Inuyasha just placed well preserved mask on and smiled. "It is okay Kagome! I mean, Kikyo is not a real big deal to me anymore and you sure told off the homo! That is a good reason!" he said. He knew he was wrong about the Kikyo thing, but had gotten hell of a lot better on without her. He found out that though she said it was friends, she was doing some nasty work at bars and so while Inuyasha was not even close to seeing her without her clothing, just about all the guys at their had. In fact, it seems he was the only one that hadn't. *This just means though,* he thought to himself, *that Kagome and I will have to act like a couple for tonight, and anytime the homo was around!* he was happy about this, but what about Kagome's mother? Hadn't they explained that they weren't going out. That should be fun!

"Well, I guess. I still am real sorry Inuyasha." Kagome said. "Well, before we get in trouble, we might want to start dinner!" she said trying to get into a better mood.

"Yeah, let's get to it!" Inuyasha exclaimed. "Umm… Kagome, how do you cut a tomato?"

Sorry if it was just a little to short. I know that I haven't even made it too the second day of school, but this one is a bit more detailed. Sorry! Well I hope you peoples liked this chapter! I will try to update faster though! Thank you to those of you that have reviewed!

Tsyjuyo_kitsune_tears

LoSt_gUrL8o8

three-days-grace-fan

Inufan

NINE

Wind enchantress

Cute

And

Lady Raven

Thank you peoples so much. I hope you liked this chapter enough to review!

Chow^_^

~ShadowStar666