InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A prayer for a hero ❯ moving in ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4- moving in
 
They walked on for about an hour. Eventually, Kagome and Midoriko were exsausted, so Inuyasha offered them a ride. They happily accepted and climbed on his back, and away they went! Midoriko swore she never had more fun in her entire life. Kagome giggled. She couldn't help but agree. Inuyasha was slightly hurting from 2 girls on his back, but he said nothing. His thoughts were completely fixated on Midorikos future. What would she do, now that she could never return home? But when Kagome offered for he to stay at her place, it sounded like the best idea at the time.
 
A while later, they arrived at Kagomes. Inuyasha helped them off his back. Kagome took a deep breath and opened the front door. Her mother was probably in the kitchen making breakfast. Her hunches were correct. Mrs. Higurashi turned and had her usual smile to greet Kagome. As usual, she asked out she was and what she did the previous night. Kagome interrupted. She told her mom to follow her to a back room. There, she told her everything. At first, Mrs. Higurashi wouldn't hear of such a thing. But when Kagome pleaded, she finally gave in. she went out of the room to the lounge. She jerked to a stop, and stared, wide eyed. A girl, the same height as Kagome… the same hair length,… a light brown color… just like Kagome said! Politly, she offered her a glass of water or whatever else shed like. Midoriko smiled slightly, and accepted it. The water was so refreshing, she hadn't had anything to drink for almost 2 days, considering the demon they fought for a long time. She finished the glass, and wondered where to leave it.Mrs Higurashi nicely took the glass from her hands and popped it into the sink.
 
Ten minutes later, Mrs. Higurashi showed Midoriko a spare room she could use. She was sooo thankful, and she promised shed help around the house whnever possible. In her mind, she swore shed always follow Inuyasha and Kagome and their instructions, and try never to be a nuisance. Moving in wasn't as hard as she thought it would be. Actually, it looked like it would be really fun, living with Kagome… giggling all night… eating popcorn in front of the TV…Inuyasha visiting them at night… in short, a total blast! Now, the only problem she had was the sleeping arrangements. How the hell would she sleep without a bed? Well, it looked like she had no choice, shed have to ask Mrs. Higurashi politely for a bed.