InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Price to Change the Past ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Alright, this is my first attempt at an Inu Yasha fic…Alright, that was a lie…This is my first attempt at an Inu Yasha fic that actually starts at the BEGINNING! Anyways, I'm not happy with this Prologue, but it has to start somewhere. It gets better, I promise. Please be gentle, and all flames will be used to light the fire that Naraku is burning in (Hell.) Enjoy.

Don't own Inu Yasha. Don't sue me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

Started: January 31, 2003, 1:15 pm

Finished: January 31, 2003, 1:56 pm.

I'm so sad

Like a good book

I can't put this day back

A Sorta Fairytale with you

A Sorta Fairytale with you

Kagome sighed in defeat as she looked around at her group. Miroku, still recovering from a sting from one of Naraku's hornets, managed to walk on his own, but every now and then would have to lean against Kirara. Sango was seated on top of Kirara, unconscious, bleeding from various wounds and her ankle was twisted at an angle that was not considered normal. Kirara herself: she left bloody paw prints on the ground behind her. Kagome felt pain in her left leg when she walked on it, and she was exhausted from the battle that had occurred just hours before. Inu Yasha was carrying her on his back, but he had not escaped the fight unharmed. A large cut adorned his face, a cut that would leave a permanent scar.

"How long…" Kagome wondered out loud.

"Huh?" Inu Yasha asked, turning his head to look at the girl he carried.

"How long can we keep this up? How long until…Until we don't walk away from this?"

"Until we defeat Naraku. That's how long."

"But…what if he kills us first? What if Naraku kills us first?" Kagome whispered, before falling asleep.

"She has a point," Miroku said.

"Oh no, no you too! Am I the only one who thinks we can defeat Naraku?" Inu Yasha growled.

"Think about it, Inu Yasha. So many times have we fought him, all of us barely escaping with our lives, while he walks away with barely a scratch-"

"That doesn't mean we can't defeat him!" Inu Yasha said.

"Inu Yasha, after much thinking-"

"You actually do that, Hoshi-sama?" Sango croaked, cracking open an eye.

"Sango-san! You should be resting!" Miroku exclaimed, his hand quickly moving away from its position near her leg. Sango took no notice.

"Tell me, Miroku. What have you been thinking?" Sango said.

"I was hoping that only Inu Yasha would hear this, since it will be his decision to make."

"I'll find out anyhow," Sango replied.

"Well…I was thinking…We have a few shards of the Shikon no Tama. And although it would not make him into a full demon, it might give him just enough strength to defeat Naraku."

"What? Do you realize the risks involved? If Inu Yasha were to use the shards, he would become evil! Pure evil!"

"I realize that-" Miroku agreed calmly.

"And, he might not be able to control himself, killing us and feeling no remorse-"

"Once again, that has been taken into consideration-"

"And even if we do defeat Naraku, the results would be fruitless, since Inu Yasha would become even worse than Naraku, if he defeats him at all-"

"I KNOW!" Miroku yelled. "But we must consider all options. And since Inu Yasha was good to begin with, he might be able to resist the temptation of using the rest of the shards to become a full demon-"

While Miroku and Sango argued, Inu Yasha contemplated the idea of using the shards to defeat Naraku. 'I think it's a great idea! What is Sango talking about? As long as I don't become a full-blooded demon, they have nothing to worry about!"

Hidden in a nearby tree, crouched a figure that was hidden under a black cloak that seemed invisible in the setting sun. The figure smiled, before disappearing into the forest.