InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A River's Journey ❯ Newfound Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: This is my first Inuyasha fic so please bare with me. If you don't think my writing is any good, then don't bother saying anything and keep that opinion to yourself. However, if you're going to give advice and pointers, then please do so. Thank you for reading this fic!


Chapter 1: Newfound Friends
Written by: Angry-inferno

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


A loud splash is suddenly heard by a group of young travelers startling them out of their conversation. The travelers, curious about the noise, decide to investigate and ran towards the end of the forest where a lake was situated. There, they see the remains of a water snake youkai on the ground and an injured girl drifting on the surface of the lake.

The girl had long ocean blue hair that reached the middle of her back, which was tied loosely, that seemed to flow along with the current. She was wearing a sea green yukata with water lily designs. Her face was pale and her body was covered with battle wounds.

"Let's bring her to our camp," suggested the miko.

"I'll carry her," says the monk with a serious look on his face, but the twinkle in his eyes said otherwise.

"I don't trust you, hentai!" scoffed the inu hanyou.

"None of us do since you may never know what he might do to a helpless girl in need," says the taijiya, speaking to the other two while the monk sweat dropped.

"That's true," nods the kitsune.

"She's in bad condition so it's best to hurry up and bring her to our camp," declared the worried miko.

"Kirara, can you carry her on your back?" asks the taijiya.

The little neko youkai responds, yes with a simple "mew" and a nod of its cute little head.

Kirara is encircled in a big burst of flames and transforms to her full youkai size. The taijiya and miko carried the girl onto the now, transformed Kirara. As soon as they reached their campsite, the two female members of the group fix up the girl's wounds and give her some water. The girl starts to cough and slowly opens up her startling, silver eyes.

"Who are you? And where am I?" the injured girl asks innocently after she looks around her and finds she isn't near her lake anymore.

"My name's Higurashi Kagome and this is Sango," the now Kagome says.

"You're at our camp. Don't worry, you'll be safe here" Sango reassures.

"Are you the ones who saved me?" asked the girl, as she slowly sits up.

"Yes we are, but we're not the only ones. Inuyasha, Miroku, Shippou, and Kirara also helped. They are our friends, but you should stay away from Miroku since he asks very pretty girls to bare his child. Eventually Sango slaps him for saying something like that" says Kagome as she giggles and points to the others as she mentions their names, introducing them. Inuyasha 'feh'ed and Miroku smiled innocently.

"Thank you for the warning. May I call you Kagome-chan and Sango-chan?" asks the girl.

"Of course you can" Kagome and Sango said with a big smile.

"By the way, what's your name?" Sango asks.

"My name is Mizumi Setsuna. It is nice to meet you," she says with a polite smile and a bow of her head. 'They seem really nice.'

"So, may we call you Setsuna-chan?" both asked.

"Of course!" Setsuna replies happily. "How did you find me anyway?"

"We heard a loud splash and went to check it out and when we got there, we found a torn up snake and you, injured and drifting on the water. So we brought you to our camp to heal you up" Kagome explained.

'She must have been through a lot to be in such a condition. I hope she'll be all right. I better check my bag to see if there's anything left for future injuries the group might acquire.'

"I see. So that's how it happened. But is the lake okay?" Setsuna asked, worried about the safety of her friends and home.

"As a matter of fact, it is." Sango replies.

"That's good to know." Setsuna sighs in relief and slightly smiles. "Are you guys going on a journey or something?"

"Yes, we are. We need to find the hanyou, Naraku and destroy him. We all have something against him so we're going to find him together" Sango replies trying to hide her anger, but you can see it through her eyes. 'He'll never get away with taking my little brother from me. Kohaku... I'll save you if it's the last thing I do.'

"Can I come with you guys? I'm looking for someone too and I also want to help you in defeating Naraku," Setsuna says. 'I hope they wouldn't mind if I join them. I really want to find him for sure this time. And I know I will.'

Sango snaps out of her thoughts and responds to Setsuna's question, "We'd be glad to have you accompany us! The more the merrier." And in more of a whisper, "We need more girls anyway." This causes the girls to break into a fit of giggles.

"Thanks a lot."

"We'll tell you all about the group now so you won't feel like a stranger" Kagome says. Kagome and Sango spend the whole day and night telling Setsuna all about the gang: the good and the bad, and the funny.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


The next morning...

"Ohayo-gozaimashita, minna!" Setsuna says as she brings food to everyone.

"Wow, this smells delicious! I'm glad you're coming along with us!" Kagome says as she smiles happily.

"Not bad" Inuyasha mumbles while munching on his food.

"It's the least I could do for troubling all of you," Setsuna says as she smiles a thank you.

"It's not troubling at all. We're all happy you're coming along. Don't worry about it. By the way, how are you feeling now?" Sango asks. Everyone looks at Setsuna with a worried expression, except Inuyasha since he's busy stuffing his mouth with food.

"It's really kind of you all. I'm feeling a lot better now. Arigatou Sango, minna." Setsuna says. "You must be Shippou, the kitsune."

"Yes, I'm Shippou. It's nice to meet you." Shippou says with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you too, Shippou-chan. May I call you that?" Setsuna asks.

"Of course! You seem really nice!" Shippou says as he chomps down on his food.

"I am most of the time but I can be really moody. I rarely am though," Setsuna says with a smile. Miroku gets up and walks towards Setsuna. And then sits down next to her.

"I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Miroku. Will you bare my child?" Miroku asks as he tries to take Setsuna's hands, but gets slapped by her instead.

"I'd appreciate it if you keep your distance from me, since I'm not very interested in having your child even though it may be a joke." Setsuna says with a glare. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say it in such a tone of voice. But I meant it when I said keep your distance from me. Because if you're going to ask that kind of question I suggest you stay away from me before someone gets hurt." Setsuna says with a guilty face but still is serious.

"Then you must be taken. It must be someone who is better looking than I am. Hmmm... Who could it be?" Miroku asks himself, while everyone sweat drops and shakes their heads in exasperation.

"Setsuna, I'm impressed. You can actually defend yourself from Miroku unlike Kagome." Inuyasha says bluntly but forgets the said Kagome is only a few feet away from him.

Kagome gets up and looks down at Inuyasha while glaring at him. Then yelling, "Osuwari! Osuwari! Osuwari!" Inuyasha slams into the ground and gets deeper into the earth every time Kagome yells "osuwari". Soon, there was an Inuyasha-shaped crater.

"Temme..." Inuyasha says as his face falls into the ground again. Setsuna giggles after a major sweat drop.

When everyone is done eating breakfast, they get ready to continue on their journey again. "Let's go guys," says Inuyasha rudely.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunch of youkai appears, and calls out, "We want the Shikon no Kakera now!" as they charge for Kagome.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yells as he pulls out the Tetsusaiga. "Kaze no Kizu!"

All the youkai are destroyed in a matter of seconds. "Wow... That's the Tetsusaiga isn't it? Someone mentioned it to me a long time ago."

"You actually know about this sword?" Inuyasha asked curiously.

"A little." Setsuna responded with a sad expression.


'Where are you? I've wanted to find you for so long. Did you forget me? Well, whether you have or not, I'm not coming to find you anyway. (Somewhere in the Western Lands, a certain someone sneezes.)'
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Author's Note: That's all for now! Next chapter will be coming out soon for sure! For now, ja ne!