InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A River's Journey ❯ A Secret Revealed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Hi, everyone! I'm back with the second chapter! I hope everyone enjoyed the first chapter. This chapter was kind of short but please bare with me until the next few chapters. Please give me suggestions on this chapter as well. Thanks everyone!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter 2: A Secret Revealed
Written by: Angry-inferno
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Are you okay, Setsuna-chan?" Sango asks.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about something, that's all. Let's get going."

As the gang travels farther into the forest, Kagome trips over a tree root and falls flat on her stomach.

"Oww... That hurt!"

"Baka, how can you not see that coming?" Inuyasha scolds.

"Osuwari!!!" Kagome screams as Inuyasha smashes right into the ground making a huge crater.

"Kagome, take my hand," Setsuna says with a worried expression.

"Arigatou, Setsuna! Baka Inuyasha!!!"

"Why are you so stupid, Inuyasha? Couldn't you guess what Kagome was going to do?" Shippou says with a smirk on his face. "Nevermind. You don't have the brains to answer the question."

"Temme! I'll give you a piece of my mind!"

"Wah!!! Kagome, he's trying to kill me!" Shippou cries.

"Inuyasha, osuwari!" she yells with an annoyed expression. Everyone continues walking, leaving the hanyou flat on the ground while giggling about how stupid he is.

"Temme!!! Wait for me!" he yells angrily from the bottom of the crater that was formed by the impact.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

When they reached the other end of the forest, they sensed a powerful youki.

"What is this youki?" Kagome asks with a scared look on her face. "It's creeping me out."

"Minna, stay on guard." Inuyasha says as he draws his Tetsusaiga. From the darkness of the forest behind them, appeared a bear youkai.

"Mitte! It has three shikon shards. Be careful everyone!"

Inuyasha gets into an offensive stance holding his Tetsusaiga, Kagome grabs her bow and arrows, Miroku gets his Kazaana and wards ready, Sango steadies herself with the Hiraikotsu, Shippou hides behind Kagome's leg, Kirara growls as she transforms into her larger form, and Setsuna pulls back her left sleeve, revealing a blue gemed glove with a water dragon decorating the wrist.

Inuyasha charges at the enemy. At the last second he jumps into the air, bringing Tetsusaiga down intending to cut the offending youkai in half, however the fang gets caught by it's paws. "Nani?!?!?" Instead, the bear youkai throws him into a tree about twenty feet away. The tree ends up falling over.

"Inuyasha! NO!!!!!!" Kagome yells, tears flowing out of her eyes while shooting a purified arrow at the huge beast. It missed and hit a tree.

"Dammit!" he yells. Kagome runs to his side as always and helps him up.

Sango's Hiraikotsu hits the bear behind its head knocking the bear face first into the ground. Miroku throws a ward onto its head and paralyzes the creature. Setsuna's glove jewel glows and a ball of magical water appears in her left palm. She sends it crashing into the bear making it growl loudly in agony. Inuyasha is up once again and with a Kaze no Kizu, the bear youkai disintegrated, leaving behind three glowing shikon shards. Kagome picks up the three shikon shards, which immediately purifies by her touch.

"How did you do that?" Shippou asks curiously.

"I used magic," Setsuna explained. "I, however only use water magic."

"Now we don't gotta look for water!" Inuyasha excitedly exclaims. Miroku clobbers him over the head with his staff. "Temme!!! Whatcha do that for?!?!"

"It's for your own good, Inuyasha." Miroku scratches his head. "However, I did hit his head. Maybe I made it worse."

"Can it GET any worse?" Shippou questioned. Everyone laughs at the Inuyasha joke.

The group continues the journey leaving a fuming hanyou behind, again.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It gets dark and the group decides to set up camp.

They've reached the foot of a mountain and were about a mile away from the actual mountain.

"I need a bath after all this traveling and fighting," Kagome whined.

"We found a hot spring nearby," Miroku stated. "Should I accompany you there?"

"It's really okay, Houshi-sama. Shall we girls get going?"

"Then let's get moving already," Setsuna suggested eagerly.

Kagome grabs several towels from her gigantic yellow backpack. The girls go on ahead.

"I'll gather the firewood," Miroku said with a generous smile. "And oh my. We go the same way!"

CLANG! Miroku is on the ground twitching with a huge lump on his head courtesy of Inuyasha's fist.

"Oh my...such...pretty...stars..."

"No, I'LL get the firewood, you perverted monk," Inuyasha turned to leave but stopped halfway. "Shippou stand guard."

"Ok."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Meanwhile, the girls were having a relaxing bath.

"This feels so good!"

"You seem pretty happy, Kagome-chan,"Sango said with a smile.
"Of course I am! Setsuna-chan, doesn't this feel great?"

"Yep, I'm feeling really relaxed. I haven't been in a hot spring for such a long time."

"I just love hot springs!" Kagome exclaimed. They all giggled in excitement. Suddenly, they hear something from a nearby bush. The three of them quickly put their clothes on.

"Who is it?" Kagome yelled. A group of bandits came out from all directions and surrounded them.

"We've followed you girls for a while now. We just thought we might give you a little greeting. Let's give it to them, guys." The bandits all smirked. "We'll have some fun tonight. Let's see. Which one will I pick for my wife?"

"What did you just say?" Setsuna was enraged. "I'll give you what you deserve. And you guys don't deserve anything better than a bloody nose."

"So you have a little spunk, heh? Go get them!" The bandits charged at them, one by one. Setsuna beat up each one of them and knocked them all to the ground, but accidentally kicked one of them into the hot spring and was knocked out.

'Oops... I wonder what the guys are going to do about a guy's body in their bath?' As she glares at the bandit group's boss, she asks with a smirk on her face, "Is that all you got?"

"Amazing! How'd you do that?" Kagome asked with much curiosity.

"I've never seen you so angry before." Sango added.

"I'm not usually like this. I guess they just pissed me off way over the top."

"Dammit!!! Let's get out of here. You'll pay for this, lady!" The leader and the bandits said. The bandits left leaving the guy in the hot spring, still knocked out.

"That took care of them" Setsuna said as she sighed.

They heard something in the bushes and heard Inuyasha's voice, "Yo, is everthin ok?"

"Don't come any closer, we're still undressed!!!" Kagome screams.

"Alright, onna no baka. Just hurry up and come back when you're done."

"Why'd you say that, Kagome-chan?" Sango asked confusedly. "We're already dressed." Kagome had that look on her face. "Oh... I understand."

"I knew this was going to happen," Setsuna sighed.

"Let's get back quickly. I'm starved. This is going to be interesting."

"Kagome-chan, do you really think this is going to work?"

"Don't worry, Setsuna-chan." They walked back to the campsite. The guys went ahead to the hot spring while the ladies started cooking.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Meanwhile as the guys reach the hot spring...

"I can't believe it. Why is there a guy floating in the hot spring?" Miroku asked with a sad face.

"I was looking forward towards having a nice bath." Shippou complained.

"Let's take the guy out first. Maybe, he's still alive." Miroku suggested.

"Whatever." They hurriedly pulled the guy out. His face was all bruised up and was having trouble breathing.

"Poor guy... I wonder how this happened."

"What if he deserved it?"

"I guess you're right, Inuyasha. Let's hurry up and take this bath already. The water seems to be clean."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Back at the campsite... The girls are busy preparing dinner and laughing about the joke.

"Do you think it was a bit mean to pull a prank like that, Kagome-chan?" Setsuna sincerely asked.

"Of course not. You have to have some fun sometimes, you know what I mean?"

"I guess so."

"Why is it taking them so long?" Sango asked eagerly.

"They're coming. I can hear them." Setsuna responded.

By the time the guys got back, dinner was ready.

"It smells good!" Miroku says happily.

"It's getting late so hurry up and eat, so we can get a good night's sleep," Kagome said tiredly.

After they ate, it was time for bed.

"Oyasumi-nasai, minna-san," Kagome said and everyone else said it except for Inuyasha who doesn't have manners.

'Oyasumi-nasai...'

Author's Note: Sorry, everyone. This was a short chap but I hope you still enjoyed it. Chapter 3 will be coming out soon. Until then, ja-ne!