InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A River's Journey ❯ Found at Last ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes: Here's chapter 3!!!! Hope you enjoy this chap cuz there's more action in it. This chapter is where Sesshoumaru first appears. Enjoy this chapter as well!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter 3: Found at Last
Written by: Angry-inferno
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Story Note: In this fic, there are youkai villages.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The next morning, the group is ready to continue the journey towards Naraku, after eating breakfast of course. As they reach the mountain, they plan out what they are going to do.

"Which way should we go?" Kagome asked.

"We can either go west or north since we've been to the south and east before."

"I guess you're right, Miroku."

"I think we should go to the north. I feel like there's something up ahead, over that mountain infront of us," Setsuna said.

"I agree with Setsuna-chan," Kagome said excitedly.

"It would be faster if we use Kirara," Sango suggested. "But, I'm not sure if Kirara wants to."

"Mew, mew." Kirara transforms to his larger form.

"Arigatou, Kirara." Sango gets on Kirara's back with Setsuna and Miroku. While Inuyasha carries Kagome on his back as usual.

"So then let's go already."

As they reach the top of the mountain, they could see a village near the bottom of the other side. Kirara landed and transformed back when they got off her back.

When they met at the foot of the mountain, Kagome said, "I sense a shikon shard. It's coming from the same direction as the village."

"Let's go," Inuyasha suggested.

When they were passing the village, all they saw were youkai.

"So this is a youkai village, huh?" The youkai surrounded them. "What the hell do you assholes want?" The youkai shot some darts at them and they fainted. They were dragged to an underground prison chamber. Their weapons were taken from them.

"Ningens, huh? We haven't had humans like these for a long time. Let's have a feast." The youkai cheered.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

While the Inuyasha gang is imprisoned, Sesshoumaru sends Rin to find food. Jaken accompanies her as usual. Sesshoumaru, Rin, and Jaken are also in the same area as Inuyasha and the gang.

"Which way should we go?" Rin asked curiously.

"Just keep walking forward," Jaken yelled. While he was mumbling to himself, he lost Rin, as usual. "Huh?" He turns around and there is no sign of Rin anywhere. "Why does this always happen?" He calls out her name while going back to Sesshoumaru. Rin sees the village and thinks that there would be food near there. So she runs into the village and sees scary youkai surrounding her. She also gets captured but is put in a different cell than the others.

Sesshoumaru senses Rin is in danger so he searches for her. He runs into Jaken.

"Where is Rin?"

"She wandered off somewhere. I'm sorry, Sesshoumaru-sama."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

What if she went towards the village? I have to hurry up and find her.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sesshoumaru heads towards the youkai village. He smells Rin's scent and threatens the youkai in the village to release her.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Meanwhile... Inuyasha wakes up to chains surrounding his hands and feet.

"Where am I? Kagome!" He finds the others still unconscious on the ground. "They took our weapons too, huh? I guess I have to bring these chains off myself. SANKON TETSOU!!!" The chains break off of everyone. They all wake up from their slumber and also find themselves in a prison cell. "So you guys finally wake up, huh? Yo, someone help me get my Tetsusaiga. I can't break off the chains on my hands."

"I'll do it." Setsuna reveals her glove and uses her magic water to form a rope. She sends the rope out of the cell and it surrounds the Tetsusaiga. It brings the Tetsusaiga to her and she uses it to break the chains off of Inuyasha. "Here you go."

He takes the Tetsusaiga and cuts the chains on the cell door. They are released and they take their things with them. Setsuna spots a little girl in another cell.

"Inuyasha, break the chains on this door now." As she commanded, he broke the chains. She quickly carries the girl on her back.

"Isn't she Rin?" Kagome asks.

"Yeah, she is," Sango, says.

"Anyway, let's get out of here first," Setsuna, suggested. Rin awakes and finds herself carried by an unknown woman. "Don't worry, you're safe now."

When they finally get out of the prison, they all spot Sesshoumaru except for Setsuna since she was looking at Rin.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!!!!" Rin calls out. As soon as Setsuna heard that name, she immediately looked up. There, in front of her, stood the person she had been looking for all these years.

"Sesshoumaru... Is that really you?" she asked him.

He looks at Setsuna suspiciously.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Have I seen her somewhere before? She looks very familiar. So does her voice.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"It's me, Mizumi Setsuna. Don't you remember?" Her eyes are filled with tears.

"Setsuna..." he begins to realize who was in front of him.

The Inuyasha gang is surprised.

"Setsuna, was Sesshoumaru the person you've been looking for?" Kagome asked curiously.

"Yes, he is. We were childhood friends, but he means more to me than that."

A youkai charges at Setsuna. She turns around when she felt someone behind her. "Setsuna! Watch out!" Kagome yelled.

Sesshoumaru realizes what's happening and grabs Setsuna before the youkai reached her. He lands on the ground with Setsuna in his arms. Setsuna opens her eyes and looks up.

"Sesshoumaru... It really is you."

"Don't worry, I'll protect you, like I promised to you back then." Setsuna's eyes widen.

"So you do remember me." Setsuna hugs him with joy. "Let's have some fun." Setsuna floats into the air. A twister of water surrounds her. A beautiful water faerie breaks out of the water. Her hair was loose and it flowed like water. She had fin-like, fish clear wings with a blue green shine. She had on a blue-green gown and shoes. She floated to the ground next to Sesshoumaru with her wings touching the ground.

"You look the same as the old you," Sesshoumaru said less coldly than usual.

"So do you, you haven't aged a bit." Setsuna said with a beautiful smile. She looks at her surprised friends. "Gomen-ne minna. I'm not human. I'm the last of the water faeries. There was a war between water faeries and humans. I was the only one of the water faeries who survived. My parents got killed because they saved me from getting captured by those humans. But while I was running away from them, I was attacked by some crow youkai and I was then saved the second time. The reason I survived the second time was because of Sesshoumaru. And that's besically how we met."

"Oh... So you were alone all this time?" Kagome asked sadly.

"I wasn't alone until the next war started. I was with Sesshoumaru until we were separated by the war between the southern and western lands." Setsuna held on to Sesshoumaru's arm and was relieved that he was with her. Then she remembered something. "We forgot about Rin. She's going to be in danger if she stays here with us while we fight." She walks to Rin. "Stay with Kagome-chan, okay?"

"Okay!"

She goes back to Sesshoumaru. "Shall we get started?"

"Whatever you say." Sesshoumaru says even less coldly then before.

"I summon thee, Mizu no Hiryuu!" As commanded, her pet dragon appeared beside her. "I haven't seen you in such a long time. Would you like to help me?" Setsuna asked kindly. Her pet nodded. "Attack now." Her dragon happily attacked those youkai who opposed her. "Water Typhoon!" A cyclone of water is released from Setsuna's hands as the glove gem glowed. The youkai were destroyed once they got caught in the typhoon.

Sesshoumaru draws out his Toukijin and slashes the ground. A huge burst of evil energy is shot at the youkai. Those who were in that area were disintegrated.

Inuyasha drew out his Tetsusaiga. "Kaze no Kizu!!" Kagome shot one of her arrows. Sango released her Hiraikotsu and Miroku used his Kazaana. More youkai were destroyed until there was none left.

"That took care of them," Setsuna said and transformed back into her human form. "Let's get out of here. I don't like this place at all." They all headed out of the village. They heard an annoying voice behind them. They all turned around and saw Jaken.

"Who's he?" Setsuna asked.

"He's Jaken. He's a servant of mine."

"I see."

"Wait for me, Sesshoumaru-sama!!!" Everyone continued walking and made Jaken run even more to catch up with the group.

They walked until they saw a beautiful lake. "Let's rest here for a while."

"Good idea, Kagome-chan," Sango commented.

Setsuna sat on a rock beside Sesshoumaru. Everyone else sat on the grass near the lake. Rin of course played in the lake.

"Sesshoumaru, do you know Inuyasha and the others?" Setsuna asked with curiosity.

"Inuyasha is my pathetic half brother and I know his friends."

"What? No one ever told me that."

"Who're you callin pathetic? Temme!!!" Inuyasha yelled as he got up.

"Calm down," Setsuna scolded.

"Baka Inuyasha."

"That's enough, Fluffy."

"Fluffy? Who's Fluffy?" Sango asked.

"Fluffy was the nickname I gave to Sesshoumaru because of his fluffy tail. I used to tease him with that name." Sesshoumaru turned away.

"Don't be angry."

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Anyway, I'm guessing you're all hungry so I'll go look for some food."

"I'll go with you."

"Okay." Setsuna and Sesshoumaru walk off together in the land up ahead.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"It's been such a long time, hasn't it? I've been alone all these years until I met my friends. I missed you so much," Setsuna said as she shed her tears of loneliness for all those past decades.

"Yes, it has been a long time..."

Sesshoumaru hugged the crying girl. Although he couldn't actually say, "I missed you too," she knew what he meant by it. She tightly hugged him back.

"I almost forgot. We have to find food," Setsuna remembered, wiped her tears away and started walking. Sesshoumaru nodded and followed her. She spots an apple tree and points to it. "There's an apple tree! I'll get some!" She jumps onto a branch and grabs a few of them. She quickly jumps back down. "Let's get you something to eat."

"I'll carry those," Sesshoumaru suggested.

She hands the apples to him and says a cheery, "Arigatou!" Setsuna sees a little house with chickens outside. "I'll be right back." Sesshoumaru nods.

"Excuse me. Is there anyone home?"

"Yes, how may I help you?" An old woman comes out of the house.

"Can I buy one of your chickens? My friend is really hungry."
"It's no problem. Don't worry about money." The woman grabs the biggest one in the flock. "Here you go."

"Arigatou-gouzaimasu!!" She runs off waving goodbye. "Let's go back now." Sesshoumaru nods once more.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

They reach the lake in a few minutes.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, Setsuna-sama!" Rin calls out and runs towards them.

"We're back," Setsuna says and picks up Rin. "Were you behaving?"

"Hai!"

"Good girl." She puts her back down. "I'll start preparing dinner."

"Welcome back! Should I help you, Setsuna-chan?"

"It's okay. I want to make dinner myself this time, if it's okay with you."

"Of course I'm okay with it."

"Arigatou, Kagome-chan."

"I lit the fire for you already."

"Arigatou, Sango-chan!"

"Your welcome."

Setsuna walks towards the fire and starts getting ready to cook. Everyone stared at Setsuna the whole time and couldn't believe how fast she was doing everything. In less than a half an hour, dinner was ready.

"Dinner is ready, minna!"

"Amazing! You made all this in such a short period of time."

"It's been a while since I last cooked a big meal like this."

Everyone was having a great time.

"Sesshoumaru, dinner is ready." Setsuna walks towards him.

"Ah." He gets up from his seat and walks towards Setsuna. When they both got to the fire, Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru immediately glared at each other.

"Sesshoumaru, sit here." Sesshoumaru listens to Setsuna and sits besides her. Rin of course sits next to her.

"Let's eat!"

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru continue to glare at each other while eating their food. Inuyasha was stuffing his face with food, but on the other hand, Sesshoumaru of course had manners.

"You eat like a barbarian, Inuyasha. Who taught you your manners?" Sesshoumaru coldly said.

"Temme! I don't have manners?! Do you think you have manners?!" Everyone stares at Inuyasha and cracks up.

"Gomen-ne Inuyasha, but Sesshoumaru is right. You don't have any manners at all." Kagome says truthfully while Shippou and Kirara nodds in agreement.

Inuyasha whacks Shippou on the head for agreeing with Kagome and he starts crying.

"Inuyasha, osuwari, osuwari, osuwari!!!!!!!" Inuyasha slams into the ground and creates a crater again.

"Daijoubu, Shippou-chan?"

"It hurts, but I'm fine."

"Baka." Sesshoumaru says with an annoyed expression.

"Sesshoumaru, give him a break."

"I'm just saying the truth."

"I know but, please fight after dinner."

"Fine." Sesshoumaru continues eating.

"Konoyarou..." Inuyasha says while trying to get up. Rin goes over to him and tugs on his ears and Inuyasha of course gets pissed. As usual, everyone laughs except for Sesshoumaru.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

When everyone finished dinner...

"Should we help?" Kagome and Sango ask.

"Sure, if you want to."

After everything was cleaned up, everyone went to sleep but Sesshoumaru and Setsuna.

"Sesshoumaru, would you consider traveling with us?"

"I don't think I want to stick around Inuyasha. I might get his stupidity."

"If you don't, I'll tell them all the embarrassing things you did when you were younger."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Of course I am. What did you expect?"

"Fine."

"Arigatou, Fluffy!"

"That is not my name."

"Yes it is!" Setsuna giggled. Sesshoumaru looked away. "Anyway, it's getting late. You should sleep soon."

"Ah."

"Setsuna-sama." Rin called out. "I can't sleep."

"All right then. I'm coming." Setsuna walks towards Rin and turns around. "Oyasumi-nasai, Sesshoumaru." She then walks to Rin.

"Ah. Oyasumi-nasai."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Chapter 4 will be out promptly!