InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A River's Journey ❯ Spring In Bloom ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes: This chapter has a few more cute scenes than the last chapter. Hope you all enjoy this chapter as well!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter 4: Uncovered Feelings
Written by: Angry-inferno
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The next morning around 7:00...

Setsuna wakes up and heads towards the nearby lake to wash up. She was half asleep so she didn't notice that there was a log from the camp fire right infront of her. She trips but Sesshoumaru appears and catches her before she fell.

"Huh? Oh, Fluffly!"

"I am not Fluffy."

"Arigatou, Fluffy. I almost forgot that you were an early riser."

"I see that you're clumsy as ever, huh?"

Setsuna blushes. "No, I'm not!" She gets back on her feet. "They're almost going to wake up. I have to prepare breakfast."

"Where do you think you're going, half asleep like that?"

"I'm going to the lake to wash up, so I wouldn't be half asleep."

"Baka."

"Am not!" Setsuna walks towards the lake once again.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I better go with her. She might trip again.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

They reach the lake in a minute or so.

"Ah, this feels so good! Oops... I forgot my hankerchief."

"Here." Sesshoumaru hands her his hankerchief.

"Arigatou, Fluffy!"

"How many times do I have to tell you? My name is not fluffly."

"Yes it is." Setsuna giggles. "Don't get mad. I almost forgot. I have to find some ingredients. Come with me, Fluffy!" Sesshoumaru follows after her.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

During breakfast...

"Minna, I have a suggestion."

"Huh? A suggestion?"

"Hai. I want us to take a break and relax for a few days since this is a nice surrounding. What do you say?"

Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Rin, Shippou, and Kirara nod in agreement.

"I disagree. I want to find Naraku as fast as possible."

"Inuyasha, osuwari." Inuyasha passes out in his new crater. "It doesn't matter if he disagrees. It's only one person."

"Sesshoumaru, how about you?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Ok, then. Let's have some fun!"

Inuyasha lays on the grass while being bothered by Shippou. He whacks Shippou again resulting in Kagome yelling at him.

"Inuyasha, osuwari!!!!" Kagome and Inuyasha start fighting while Sango, Miroku, and Kirara laugh at them.

Rin is tiring out Jaken since she made him chase her. "Rin, slow down!"

"Jaken-sama, faster! "

After several minutes pass by, the group realizes Setsuna and Sesshoumaru are gone.

"Where's Setsuna and Sesshoumaru?" Kagome asks worriedly.

"I haven't seen them."

"Temme! Sesshoumaru probably did something to her."

"Do you think he kidnapped her or something?" Kagome asked.

"Sesshoumaru-sama would never do something like that." Rin said innocently.

"Sesshoumaru-sama doesn't commit such dirty acts like that." Jaken said furiously.

"Let's just look for them." Sango suggested.

"Ah. We should split in groups. Kagome, Rin, and Jaken go with Inuyasha. I'll go with Sango,Shippou and Kirara. Got it?"

"Hai!"
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Meanwhile...

Sesshoumaru and Setsuna are up on a tree having a conversation about what has happened in all those years. Just when they finished their conversation about their past, they hear the gang calling out their names. They both jump down from the tree to find out what's going on.

Rin spots Setsuna and Sesshoumaru. "Setsuna-sama, Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin runs to Setsuna.

"Is something wrong?"

"Minna thought that Sesshoumaru-sama kidnapped you or something."

The rest of the group run towards them.

"Setsuna-chan!" Kagome and Sango walk to Setsuna to see if she's alright.

"Who thought that Sesshoumaru kidnapped me?"

"We all did. We don't know anything about Sesshoumaru so we assumed he did something." Inuyasha said.

"Actually, it was Inuyasha." Kagome said truthfully.

"Temme!"

"I'm telling the truth, you know?"

"Why would Fluffy do something like that? We were just talking up in that tree." Setsuna points to the tree behing them.

"Baka."

"Temme! I'll tear you apart!"

"Just try."

"Fluffy, They don't know you that well. Just let it go this time."

Sesshoumaru looks away.

"Are you sure about this, Setsuna-chan?" Kagome asked curiously.

"Of course I'm sure. He would never do anything to hurt me in anyway. Right, Fluffy?" Setsuna giggled.

Sesshoumaru looked at Setsuna and walked away.

"That's how he says, 'yeah'. Don't worry okay?" She turns around. "Wait for me Sesshoumaru! Oh, right. Rin, I'll be right back, okay?"

"Okay!"
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

They continue talking, but this time, it's about the present...

"So that's why you're after Naraku."

"Ah."

As they talk even more, Setsuna doesn't realize what's around her at all.

"Setsuna."

"Eh? What?"

"We're in a forest. Look around you. Anything familiar?"

"Ah!!! Bugs!!!!!" Setsuna falls backward almost fainting. Sesshoumaru catches her from behind.

"Baka." Before the bugs attack, Sesshoumaru had already carried her out of the forest.

'She never seems to notice anything else around her when she's doing something.'

Sesshoumaru puts her down on the grass near the lake.

"Gomen-ne, Sesshoumaru."

"Ah. You're still scared of bugs, huh? You didn't change at all."

"Ah, I guess."

He goes over to the lake and rinses his hankerchief. He walks back to Setsuna. "Here."

"Arigatou." She happily takes it. She looks at Sesshoumaru and sees that he's sweating a little. She takes out her own hankerchief and wipes his face. "You could've ran a little slower, you know?" Setsuna smiled.

"Ah." Sesshoumaru looked at her with a surprised expression.

"Nani?"

"It's nothing."

"Souka." Sesshoumaru looked at her less colder than usual even when they got back to the camp.

'Why am I looking at her in such a way? What on earth am I doing?'

Setsuna looks up at him. "Are you sure, it's nothing?"

"Ah."

"If you say so. But you look a little different to me. Anyway, can you help me make lunch?"

"Ah."

Setsuna smiled again. "Arigatou." They walked towards the camp fire and she smiled at him once more.
"Sesshoumaru?"

"Nani?"

"What's wrong? You seem different than before."

"I am?"

"Ah. Are you sick or something?" She touches his forehead. "You seem a bit warm. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Ah."

'Why is my heart beating so fast? Why do I have this weird feeling when I talk to her? This has never happened before.'

"Um... Sesshoumaru?"

"Ah, nani?"

"You're cutting yourself."

Sesshoumaru stared at her. His finger was bleeding.

Setsuna takes out her hankerchief and tears it. She washes his wound and bandages it up. "There, you go. But I still don't get it. How did you cut yourself anyway?"

"I was just thinking about something."

"I see. Just becareful, okay?"

"Ah."

Setsuna puts on a big smile.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After lunch was served...

"I have an idea! Since you two fight all the time, why don't you eat at different places."

"Sesshoumaru will sit near the lake and Inuyasha will site near the fire. Rin, Jaken and I will stay with Sesshoumaru and the rest of you stay with Inuyasha. Sound good?"

Everyone agreed. "As long as I don't see his annoying face, I'll be fine."

"Sesshoumaru..." Setsuna turns around. "Gomen-ne, Inuyasha. He has his reasons for disliking you this much." Setsuna takes Rins hand. "Let's go."

"Hai!"

"Jaken, hurry up."

"Hai, Setsuna-sama."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After lunch...

"Will you teach me how to fish, Setsuna-sama? I can't seem to catch any."

"Eh? Gomen-ne, Rin. I can't eat, catch, or kill fish or any water creature."

"Oh, I forgot. Gomen-ne, Setsuna-sama."

"It's okay. I'm sure Sesshoumaru would love to teach you. Right Fluffy?"

"Huh? Ah."

"Honto ni?"

"Ah."

"Yay!"

"Rin, watch carefully." Sesshoumaru grabbed a stick and aimed at a nearby fish. The stick went right through.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, you're so smart!"

Setsuna fainted at the sight of the dead fish. Sesshouamru looked back and saw her on the ground.

"Setsuna. Wake up." She didn't respond. He carried her back to the camp.

"Setsuna-sama fainted!"

"I'll get a blanket." Kagome runs to her backpack and grabs a blanket. Sesshoumaru places her on the blanklet. "How did this happen?"

"She saw a dead fish."

"Huh? Oh, that's right! She's a water faerie."

"We should let her rest," Sango suggested.

"I guess you're right," Kagome agreed.

"I'll stay with Sesshoumaru-sama and Setsuna-sama."

"Rin, go play with Jaken. She needs to rest."

"Hai, Sesshoumaru-sama."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

When Setsuna woke up, it was already late at night.

"Daijoubu?"

"Sesshoumaru? I'm fine."

"Ano... Gomen-ne."

"Eh? Why are you appologizing? You didn't mean to show me a dead fish."

"I guess."

"Don't worry."

"Ah. Are you hungry?"

"Sort of."

"Here."

"You made it?"

"Ah."

"Arigatou." Setsuna takes the food and quietly eats it. "It's delicious."

"Are you done?"

"Hai." Sesshoumaru takes the bowl away and washes it.

Setsuna walks to the lake and sits there. "Sesshoumaru, come here." He walks over to the lake. "Sit next to me." He listens and sits next to her. "I'm so happy."

"Eh? Why?"

"Because I finally got to see you gain." Setsuna turned to face him and smiled.

"I am too." Sesshoumaru studdered.

"A shooting star! Make a wish!" She closed her eyes. 'I wish I can be with Sesshoumaru forever.'

'I wish Setsuna and I won't be separated ever again.'

"Did you make your wish?"

"Ah."

"Good." She looked at the stars. "The stars today are pretty."

"Ah."

A few moments later, Setsuna fell asleep on Sesshoumaru's shoulder.

"Setsuna." Sesshoumaru looked at her and realized she was asleep. Sesshoumaru ended up falling asleep too and his head leaned on hers.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Author's Note: This chapter was kinda sappy. Sorry about that. Stay tuned for Chapter 5!